Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

I wonder if Naomi will get her “superhero” name with the JL? I fell off on YJ so I apologize if she got one there, all I know is she discovered her last name was McDuffie but didn’t take a superhero code name yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wonder if Naomi will get her “superhero” name with the JL? I fell off on YJ so I apologize if she got one there, all I know is she discovered her last name was McDuffie but didn’t take a superhero code name yet.
    I don't know, I think it'd feel strange to have her with a superhero name, now

I kind of assumed "Naomi" was her whole brand...

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I have mixed feelings with Naomi in JLA. I think she's an intriguing character, loved her mini-series and seeing her in YJ and the Superman books, so JLA will bring her much deserved attention.

However, I was hoping for more of her in a solo manner before a placement on a team took place. I'm not sure how much character development can take place for her on the pages of JLA. Bear in mind, I haven't read JLA in a long time, so her character may get developed really well in those pages.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I have mixed feelings with Naomi in JLA. I think she's an intriguing character, loved her mini-series and seeing her in YJ and the Superman books, so JLA will bring her much deserved attention.

However, I was hoping for more of her in a solo manner before a placement on a team took place. I'm not sure how much character development can take place for her on the pages of JLA. Bear in mind, I haven't read JLA in a long time, so her character may get developed really well in those pages.
    Seems to be a result of the visual side of the creative team blowing up and becoming a superstar. Well-deserved, and as far as reasons to slow production on the second season go, that's the best one. Glad Campbell is getting the love he deserves.

I don't think Naomi will be getting a call name under Bendis. He doesn't like secret IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Seems to be a result of the visual side of the creative team blowing up and becoming a superstar. Well-deserved, and as far as reasons to slow production on the second season go, that's the best one. Glad Campbell is getting the love he deserves.

I don't think Naomi will be getting a call name under Bendis. He doesn't like secret IDs.
    Well, a secret ID isn't necessary for a codename, but Bendis thought "Drake" was a good codename for Tim so I'm less than certain he's good at coming up with them...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, a secret ID isn't necessary for a codename, but Bendis thought "Drake" was a good codename for Tim so I'm less than certain he's good at coming up with them...
    Drake? That didn't happen. Doesn't look like much of anything to me.

Good point I forgot Bendis isn’t a fan of code names. Ah well that’s fine, not having one works too.

Good point I forgot Bendis isn’t a fan of code names. Ah well that’s fine, not having one works too.
    Maybe that's why he had his villains always yelling out "PARKER!!!!" or "MURDOCK!!!"

Maybe that's why he had his villains always yelling out "PARKER!!!!" or "MURDOCK!!!"
    well I did love how Ultimate Peter couldn’t protect his secret identity to save his life. Working my way to Bendis Daredevil, on Kevin Smith’s DD right now. Excited to be able to judge it for myself.

I think she should get one, but I just don't know that Bendis would (or should... looking at you, Drake) be the one to pull that trigger.

She didn't discover her last name was McDuffie, it was alway her last name from her adopted parents, it's just that us readers finally found out what her last name was in the last issue.

As for superhero names, I really want her to have one and I feel like even if she doesn't get one in the comics the show might give her one ...maybe (hopefully), but Bendis has always been loose when it comes to secret identities and it seems the marvel movies have further influenced how unneeded they can be, but I'm hoping Walker can convince him otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

We were suppose to have one or two more seasons of Naomi, but unfortunately we're waiting on an artist who not only is doing covers for extra income (which takes away time from the book he's drawing), but is not fast enough to draw a monthly comic which has slowed down Far Sector's releases as well as put a pause on Naomi.

So the next best route is putting her on a team book, I'm hoping she's not just window dressing like she was in Young Justice and I think the JL book is a great way to explore some things Bendis (and Walker) want to do with Naomi and her world especially b/c the threat is big enough for JL, but idk if their plans for Naomi 2 is gonna prevent Bendis from bringing that in to JL so let's hope for the best.

Why think of a good codename for something that was always suppose to be temporary.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 12-17-2020 at 08:04 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Why think of a good codename for something that was always suppose to be temporary.
    I don't think Bendis quite saw it that way, because what would've been the point of introducing it otherwise?

I don't think Bendis quite saw it that way, because what would've been the point of introducing it otherwise?
    Uh for 5G, which was suppose to focus on Tim's generation (and characters around that age) and with Bendis saying on the podcast that the bat office were doing something with Tim and Steph it just seemed like he was gonna have a new name that they wanted to introduce with the new status quo.

Although now the question is if Robin was always the name they wanted to give Tim since Damian's storyline was leading up to him giving it up or did canceling 5G result in Tim being called Robin in Future State.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

She's from another universe, it's not like there's any real in-universe risk from just going by "Naomi".
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?