Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It wouldn't be a monopoly.
    They would have to buy Image, Dark Horse, Dynamite and IDW also.
    Not to mention King Features Syndicate and Condé Nast.

However, there's this:

1. If DC was to be considered non-profitable as a comic publisher, DC would not be sold. It would just trimmed down to the Trinity. Every other character they own would go into limbo.
    Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman would become the modern day equivalent of the pulp heroes migrating out of the pulps, with the three of them being used more in licensing and tv/film/games and less in comics.

2. If, by some weird chance, Marvel did buy DC, we still would only see the Trinity. They would be given the Angela treatment and grafted into the Marvel Universe as if they were always there, while the rest of the DC Universe would join Crossgen and Ultraverse in Marvel's halls of eternal limbo.

In both scenarios, only the Trinity survive.
    If you're a fan of any other DC character, oh well.
    I highly doubt that scenario; in the event of Disney acquiring DC, while lots of properties would no doubt end up in limbo, a merged universe is way more plausible. I say that because both publishers have strong suits that mirror each other weak spots. Probably no one gives a flying f$#@k about the Invaders, but Captain America leading the JSA? That's something. Marvel has no viable speedsters (I mean, let's face it, Quicksilver?) while DC doesn't know what to do with all their Flashes.

And on it goes: sure, lots of DC would end up in limbo, but there's way more for Marvel to absorb than the Trinity.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Probably not. I mean, who knows maybe Hulu would end up doing something, but......no, probably not. WB definitely has the better animation, which I've always found funny considering the Mouse owns Marvel. You'd think if Marvel got anything out of being owned by Disney it'd be better cartoons right?
    Jeph Loeb didn't help.
    But I bet you a Pixar Superman would be f**king amazing.
    It probably wouldn't happen though. But we did get Reign of the Supermen from WB .
    And I have no idea what Fiege thinks of DC. But if he somehow ended up with control of the IP's I'm sure he'd find the appeal of the characters real quick. A MCU Batman or Superman movie automatically breaks a billion, even with the bad press their last few film appearances got. A MCU Wonder Woman would probably have good odds of knocking on 2 billion.
    Maybe. But I preferred how WB/DC handled Wonder Woman so I'm not sure I would've liked to have seen her MCU-ified.