Page 1 of 313 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Damian Wayne: Robin Appreciation 2020

Link to old thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Happy New Year to everyone!

What are your hopes or expectations for Damian in 2020?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

The original story of Damian's conception that Morrison misremembered where he is named ibn al Xu'ffasch (Son of The Bat)
    4a07ec8a638a00724a09dba666a3ab7d._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

In the end, Talia pretended that Ibn died after Talia was attacked so Bruce will focus on being Batman instead of worrying about them and gave the baby away.

I always wonder how it will end up for Damian if Morrison got Talia right.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-01-2020 at 05:43 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    The original story of Damian's conception that Morrison misremembered where he is named ibn al Xu'ffasch (Son of The Bat)

In the end, Talia pretended that Ibn died after Talia was attacked so Bruce will focus on being Batman instead of worrying about them and gave the baby away.

20200101_135441.jpg

I think the author of Son of the demon wanted to write a sequel where Bruce and Ra's find out about the boy around the same time and battle each other for custody, but I can't remember where I read it.

It would be funny if at some point in the future Bruce lands in another universe where Damian got adopted by the nice couple in the picture above. I want to see Bruce's reaction to Damian calling another man "Dad" for some reason.

Lol okay this has been bothering me for years. How do you pronounce that!?

The best Super Sons fanfic I have come across is Multiversal Constant. It takes places during the first run of Super Sons, right after the boys finish up their fight on the magic planet, they try and get home, only to wind up on Young Justice season 1. And completely derail the series of events.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14...pters/33107610

Happy New Year to the Super Son and most deadly Robin .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Lol okay this has been bothering me for years. How do you pronounce that!?
    Eebnool Huff-huff-fish-e

but that's from

abn alkhafafish (son of the bat)

coz apparently Ibn Al'Xuffash isn't available on google translate.

for example Ra's al Ghul is written as Ras alghawl
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-01-2020 at 01:57 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I hope he appears again in HQ

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Happy new year everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The best Super Sons fanfic I have come across is Multiversal Constant. It takes places during the first run of Super Sons, right after the boys finish up their fight on the magic planet, they try and get home, only to wind up on Young Justice season 1. And completely derail the series of events.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/14...pters/33107610
    I can't get over just how popular these kids are which makes it even more baffling that DC tossed them so quick.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I can't get over just how popular these kids are which makes it even more baffling that DC tossed them so quick.
    It truly is mind boggling. And they would have been a great catalyst for an animated series on DCU, but aimed at kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Link to old thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

Happy New Year to everyone!

What are your hopes or expectations for Damian in 2020?
    Hope

I hope that Dick comes back and we get plenty of LittleD and big D action [i will never stop thanking Babs for giving them that Nickname.

I hope Tom Taylor gets the batman gig because that would mean great thing's for Damian
    a Tom Taylor Supersons title
    Injustice 3. Taylor is one of the best things to happen to Damian so I want more
    More Damian in HQ.
    Now that WW year one is done I hope Morrison has been hard at work on Arkham Ayslum 2. I need that title
    YJ season 4 with a time skip and we see Damian being deadly . I know a huge timeskip isn't viable but one of the notable thing's about Damian that makes him special and easy to fit is the fact that he was fast grown. Time and years don't apply to him

Expectations

I expect Damian to show up in more than one animated movie [JLD and one more]
    I expect Damian and Bruce to carry on as is no mention of what happened under King and the family to be as jumbled up as always. I expected stories where Bruce is the best dad and wants to do things with Damian to run alongside stories where Bruce is the worst dad.
    I expect Damian as always to be written by various creators which most of his fans will fail to support or choose to ignore when it come to discussing Damian.
    I expect Bendis to keep using him and get slightly better at it.
    I expect another Supersons book by Zoom since the last one sold very well

It would be the same/a little better [less hate for Damian and less calls of rape baby] or Damian would loose a lot of his narrative potential. Look at Helena Wayne.

It might also be worse fans claim that Bruce having a bio kid ruins Robin imagine if that kid was one that Bruce wanted and was ready to give up Batman for?

That would be awful for Damian. Already with accusations of Blood is better being tossed about imagine adding to that that while Bruce was willing to endanger other people's kids and Orphans. When it comes to his bio kid that he wanted he suddenly see the folly of his ways. This live is so precious that he decides he's going to stop being Batman [I suddenly realise that Son of the Demon is what some are hoping will happen in 5G]

Anyway Damian and Talia aren't joined together and their narrative isn't linked. I don';t like the idea of damian's mum being in a legitimate relationship with Bruce because that damages him and makes him more vulnerable to getting retconed or written out also the story potential is limited.

Priest used Damian extensively because Talia wasn't tied to Bruce
    bendis on Leviathan
    Injustice so many stories where Damian and Bruce clash we wouldn't get if Damian and Talia were snuggling up. So I for one I'm glad. I feel it's better for Talia and Damian that Morrison got it wrong. INc was the most bad ass Talia has ever been and the most agency she's had

Anyone else notice that Damian from the Harley Quin show looked a lot like Dick from TT? maybe that's why I like HQ@s Robin so much.

Last edited by CPSparkles; 01-01-2020 at 06:19 PM.