Page 47 of 313 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    FINALLY someone that notices about it.

For this I am not visiting CBR now like in the past.. Damian was my reason of my frequents visits to CBR and I added a lot of posts in his appreciations in the past.

But many people here transformed this in one Supersons gallery and I am not interested in remember Supersons..

When we losed GLEASON we losed Maya too
    To be clear as much as I voice criticisms about the Supersons title, I liked the book and the concept. My kids love the book. Nothing is without flaws. I was merely pointing out the flaws as I saw them.

The supersons should be included in the Damian Wayne Appreciation thread, if this was a Robin thread or a thread about the meaning/importance of Robin then that might be different.

Are they not allowed to use her now that he's moved? I know Tomasi used her but that was while Gleason was still under DC not a marvel exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post

I can't wait to see everyone hit by the real time ageing it's going to be surreal.

80+ year old Bruce and it doesn't bode well for character's whose appeal is mainly aesthetics or looking cool/sexy. It's not a good idea. An interesting one but not a good one.

Injustice Nightwing is fine but Damian shouldn't become Nightwing that's Dick's like Katana500 suggests I'd like to see Damian break free from the heavy burden of legacy or change things by changing the LOA or a faction of the LoA

Maya’s still around, she just showed up in the Terrifics during the Bizzaro’s arc with his son Bizarro Boy. She didn’t do much but she showed up. I’ll post the image below, it’s from the issue that just came out, #24

Also with the time jump I don’t think Bruce will be fully aged up to like his 80’s. I expect like his mid to 60, early 70’s. An older man but still one very much willing to get in costume and whoop you when the need arises.

C9BB01E0-87BC-4475-84BA-1732F625A724.jpg
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-02-2020 at 07:54 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    My second choice would be Damian becoming his own man and creating his own identity. He's always been so obsessed with birthright and legacy with both the Al Ghul and Batman mantels. That him realizing that it isn't actually who he wants to be could be a really good story.
    I've been saying that for a while. I'd love to see Damian decide to go down his own path instead of continuing the paths started by someone else. I think this would be especially poignant given how borderline obsessed he used to be with inheriting his father's title (a burden that I'm pretty sure Bruce wouldn't want to pass on to any of his children).

I think it would be cool seeing him come to some sort of middle ground. A merger of both lives that he's lived. Like, as you said, leading a neutral/heroic version of the League of Assassins. Though...I guess they wouldn't be assassins if they're more on the good side. Not sure how many Mortal Kombat fans there are here but I was picturing something along the lines of how Sub Zero reforms and leads the Lin Kuei.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've been saying that for a while. I'd love to see Damian decide to go down his own path instead of continuing the paths started by someone else. I think this would be especially poignant given how borderline obsessed he used to be with inheriting his father's title (a burden that I'm pretty sure Bruce wouldn't want to pass on to any of his children).

I think it would be cool seeing him come to some sort of middle ground. A merger of both lives that he's lived. Like, as you said, leading a neutral/heroic version of the League of Assassins. Though...I guess they wouldn't be assassins if they're more on the good side. Not sure how many Mortal Kombat fans there are here but I was picturing something along the lines of how Sub Zero reforms and leads the Lin Kuei.
    Except... There already is a good league of assassins, known as the All-Caste (Jason Todd's story). They fight inhuman monsters that have been around since the beginning of humanity and prey on humans, and can disguise themselves as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Except... There already is a good league of assassins, known as the All-Caste (Jason Todd's story). They fight inhuman monsters that have been around since the beginning of humanity and prey on humans, and can disguise themselves as such.
    Well ****. Guess I need to do some more reading up on Jason stories lol

Though both could exist. Especially if this All-Caste's focus is only on the supernatural.

Though both could exist. Especially if this All-Caste's focus is only on the supernatural.
    Its not their ONLY focus, but it is a priority (and the upcoming arc in Red Hood is focused on that).

The All caste isn't linked to Ra's or the LOA. It's linked toDucra.

We are talking about the LOA as it's known being turned by for good not a group that has been good forever and is less known.

Not to mention that Damian turning the LOA to become a force for good is not at all like anything Jason&All Caste related nor does it have the same relevance or significance.

It's completely different. Imagine what a good LOA could do/be like in the DcU especially since the All Caste aren't really used by anyone other than Lobdell so they are only a thing in the DCU in Jason's book.

With the Loa it affects the DCu
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-02-2020 at 10:28 AM.

They could both exist since they are not alike. It's like saying Batman can't exist because there's Plastic Man. All costumed heroes aren't the same just like all groups who use martial arts aren't the same

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The All caste isn't linked to Ra's or the LOA. It's linked toDucra.

We are talking about the LOA as it's known being turned by for good not a group that has been good forever and is less known.
    Just saying that there already is a group of assassins that are good guys. And it was Talia that introduced Jason to Ducra, so there is that connection.

Just saying that there already is a group of assassins that are good guys. And it was Talia that introduced Jason to Ducra, so there is that connection.
    Talia knowing them isn't a connection.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Maya’s still around, she just showed up in the Terrifics during the Bizzaro’s arc with his son Bizarro Boy. She didn’t do much but she showed up. I’ll post the image below, it’s from the issue that just came out, #24

Good to see SOMEBODY remembers that Nobody and Beacon exist!

And in other news, the Super Sons are back... but the hashtags labelled this as Young Justice when it's OBVIOUSLY the Rebirth Teen Titans...
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-03-2020 at 03:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Maya... Even if this is only one scene I am surprised to see her.

Who is the Terrifics writer?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maya... Even if this is only one scene I am surprised to see her.

Who is the Terrifics writer?
    Gene Leun Yang, he was the guy who wrote the Rebirth New Super-man series and the recent Superman smashes the klan comic.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

https://twitter.com/gothamtwinks

From the upcoming Robin Special

Last edited by dietrich; 02-04-2020 at 03:07 AM.