Page 56 of 313 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

He debuted 14 years ago, so it's certainly possible. He's only aged three years in that time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm aware Jason didn't know that Damian was sent by Bruce. I'm saying that making the comment he made. Putting the Blame on Damian in that moment is something he wouldn't do. it's something you just don't do in such situations when emotions are running high and the teen was already blaming himself.

Jason is more sensitive than that.

They all behaved badly. Bruce was just the worst.

The thing is confronting the issue means nothing if DC doesn't back it up and have Bruce make changes. This isn't the 1st time they've confronted him.

Honestly these confrontations that led nowhere are harmful since it handswave's what's actually a serious subject.

Bruce has done some shady things to his family. That's become almost the norm but it wasn't always the case.

Not to mention that Bruce's actions are decided by the writer. The writer's should be the ones called out since the onus is on them. not to mention that some of his abusive behaviour is also written to further the narrative of other characters.
    Tomasi and Tynion have also written their share of Abusive Bruce.
    The family has gone through several extremely traumatic events and the persons that usually smoothed things over are gone. You might not find it appropriate, but it makes sense that the situation would escalate at Alfred's wake. And I don't understand the "It's something you don't do" statement, the family is hurt, of course they are saying things that they shouldn't say. That's often the case in an argument.
    This isn't a fanfiction where everyone is unrealisticly considerate of the others thoughts and feelings.

If you think they behaved badly you should maybe take another look at the issue. Should someone go after Damian? Yes. But Barbara also said that no one thought Damian was to blame while Damian was still there with them. Just because it's not enough doesn't mean they did nothing. And considering the situation and Bruce's lack of reaction to the whole thing I can understand why Barbara got so agressive towards Bruce. She just wanted to see a reaction, to see if he still cares.

Tim wasn't awful. He offered help, but he's not a naive kid anymore, he needs Bruce to say he wants his help. Jason stays pretty fair and says they shouldn't blame Bruce, but he needs to use his brain to fix his dysfunctional family for once.
    Barbara isn't Bruce's kid and considering that her own father got infected and the whole BWL mess is Bruce's fault, as is City of Bane when you get down to it, why wouldn't she be mad at Bruce. But even with all those reasons to be angry she tells Bruce that it's normal in a family to be in a bad spot and to make mistakes. But family means you have responsibility and Bruce, their leader and rold model, is doing nothing.
    Ric admits that even he feels he would usually try to fix things if he was still himself, but he isn't. He stays pretty nice to Bruce for their entire conversation.
    When you get down to it the only thing they really ask of Bruce is to be their father figure and act as a role model.
    Dick and Alfred are not there anymore to smooth things over for him.

I don't think that's an unfair request because contrary to what some people online seem to think, this issue doesn't take place right after Alfred's death. Bruce is a fast builder, but this has to take place at least several weeks if not months after Alfred got killed. You don't build a new hospital in a week.
    Bruce got his time to grieve and now he needs to be an adult and take responsibility. He let his family get fractured for too long.

Which honestly, is an important part of the entire issue.

And I wholeheartedly disagree about those confrontations being harmful. This isn't harmful, King pretending everything was fine in Batman #85 was harmful. He took a look at what his own Batman did and at what happened in the rest of the batfamily titles and went: This doesn't matter, I don't need to talk about it. Tynion and Tomasi looked at it and decided to come out and say: This was wrong and we need to adress it. You can't expect to see a story about reconciliation that makes sense if you don't admit that you have a problem first.
    And you might hate it, but Bruce doing absolutely nothing is very in character for Rebirth Bruce. But it didn't get aknowledged by the writing before. For me it was important for them to call it out and they did. Bruce gets criticised for it the entire book. This is them making a comment about Rebirth Bruce.

Of course his behaviour is sometimes written to further the narrative of other characters. The same thing happens the other way around all the time too. It's part of sharing one universe across several titles. I've seen worse cases than this and honestly, portraying Bruce in a bad light will not stop people from seeing him as a hero and cool character. It's hard to damage the Batman brand.

And the cases of abusive behaviour from Bruce that get talked about when it comes to Rebirth Bruce isn't Tynion's and especially not Tomasi's doing. That's mainly King's Batman, Lobdell on Red Hood and Percy and Glass on Teen Titans.
    Tynion and Tomasi simply chose to aknowledge some of this in a Batman book now. Mainly King's Batman really.

You might have wanted for the writers to ignore all of this and just write Bruce like a good father again, but to me that would have rung false to the situation the family has been in since mid 2018.

Hi!
    If I remember correctly Bruce will be around 60 yo... Considering that now he is approx. in early-mid forties (38-45yo I think) and now Damian is 13... I would say he will be at early-mid 20s....
    (Approx. 23-25)... There was an article about 5G in general....
    You should search it up for more accurate information!

Edit: This is the answer for someone that asked about ages... I clicked "reply" on the post, but something went wrong...

Yeah, either you didn't notice that there was a page 56 - my reply to the same post last night ended up starting a new page - or you should've clicked "Reply With Quote".
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Hi!
    If I remember correctly Bruce will be around 60 yo... Considering that now he is approx. in early-mid forties (38-45yo I think) and now Damian is 13... I would say he will be at early-mid 20s....
    (Approx. 23-25)... There was an article about 5G in general....
    You should search it up for more accurate information!

Edit: This is the answer for someone that asked about ages... I clicked "reply" on the post, but something went wrong...
    If Damian is in his late teens or early twenties. Its pretty much gauranteed he will have moved on from Robin I think.

If Dick or Barbara or even Jason will be in their 40s or late 30s I wonder if any of them will have children of their own. Hypothetically Dick could have a child that could be around Damian's age - could be a good way of introducing M'ari Grayson or Elainna Grayson or even a new kid. Same with any other characters in Dicks generation really - could have children who are Damian's age or younger.

Yeah, that's a good point - if the Titans are now in their 40s, they'd probably have teenage kids. Wally obviously has Jai and Irey, they could bring back Roy's daughter and Donna's son (both previously killed off), and as you say, give Dick a kid or two as well. Beyond will probably be an Elseworld and I can't see the Bat office wanting him to end up back with Starfire. More likely that it'd be a new child with Barbara.

And with Jason and Artemis both having feelings for one another, but not quite willing to admit to them just yet, that's another possibility there.

Though Bruce isn't exactly a fan of metahumans and aliens. In fact, it seems the likes Clark, Diana, the rest of the core Justice League are the exceptions, not the rule. But even then, he doesn't want them in Gotham (at least in costume). So that could be a sticking point (well, another) between Bruce and Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    And with Jason and Artemis both having feelings for one another, but not quite willing to admit to them just yet, that's another possibility there.

Though Bruce isn't exactly a fan of metahumans and aliens. In fact, it seems the likes Clark, Diana, the rest of the core Justice League are the exceptions, not the rule. But even then, he doesn't want them in Gotham (at least in costume). So that could be a sticking point (well, another) between Bruce and Jason.
    Kinda off topic for the Damian Page. But I wonder If Red Hood and the Outlaws will continue into 5g if so they could easily make it the next generation. Could age up Lian Harper or The current generation outlaw crew. And give Jason a kid. Would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, that's a good point - if the Titans are now in their 40s, they'd probably have teenage kids. Wally obviously has Jai and Irey, they could bring back Roy's daughter and Donna's son (both previously killed off), and as you say, give Dick a kid or two as well. Beyond will probably be an Elseworld and I can't see the Bat office wanting him to end up back with Starfire. More likely that it'd be a new child with Barbara.
    Shame cause I think M'ari Grayson is alot more interesting and unique - especially her relationship with Damian which is slightly wierd but I also kinda like. I think you are probably right though - unless Mari was born during Dick's Teen Titans day - and him and Starfire have since split up leaving a Dick - Barbara romance open.

I certainly think! We could potentially see some more characters around Damian's age for him to interact with in the future which could be very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, either you didn't notice that there was a page 56 - my reply to the same post last night ended up starting a new page - or you should've clicked "Reply With Quote".
    I clicked " reply" on the post... On other forums, this options has the quotes... Anyway, I didn't have the time to find a way to fix it back then...
    Also, I saw your post, however it happened to know something else and I just wrote it
    Thank you though!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Alfred RIP was really bad. I work with 'At risk kids and family who need early help so this was a tough read. Some topics shouldn't just be tossed in for added angst.
    Someone should have said something to Damian. Someone should have told Jason what really happened when he said that Damian didn't listen.
    More importantly I'm so sick of writer using characters as devices and twisting them to suit the narrative they want to write.

Jason wouldn't imply that it was Damian's fault. He's knows better and sin't so careless with his words.
    It was bad Alfred was the one who soothed a lot of Batfamily's emotional issues between them and Bruce and he wasn't that retired superspy, that was only a little part of him and honestly the less important one. Barbara and Damian are what co-workers, they don't have a personnel , she pointed out at Bruce his responsabilities with him, she did more than enough.

Tomasi always tries to make look Damian better at the expense of other characters, this case at Jason's, anyway, did someone tell him Damian's actions were part of Bruce's 'fantastic' plan? If they had told him, he'd blame Bruce; however, Damian and him doesn't have a real relationship right now, after all Damian accused him of trying to kill the teen titans and of being Leviathan... Comfort will never come from him to Damian.

Tim and Damian have never got along and don't like each other, it's understandable, Damian has tried to kill him and Tim's reactions are normal. Damian isn't that physically violent with him but it's still a jerk and Tim isn't emotionally mature, in fact he's bitchildish in that aspect and that’s normal, he's 16 years old (until canon states otherwise), They have a bad and toxic relationship defined by negative things, they never do heart-to-heart. Moreover, it's unclear if they are brothers, I mean it's implied Tim was adopted by Bruce here, his original origin story is back, Jack Drake is dead, his home is Wayne Manor but it isn't confirmed, maybe he's only Bruce's ward so there is less of familial obligation to try to help Damian.

In fact, Damian only 'brother' is Dick, even if Dick is only Bruce's ward in Rebirth, and Dick has never had a good relationship with Jason, before his death it was less bad but not really close and Dick and Tim were good brothers, Dick was the supportive and reliable and Tim had a lot of admiration for him, but since New 52 they are friendly to each other and co-workers, I mean when Tim 'died' and Dick was like 'it was a good guy with a great future ahead'... Tim and Jason don't have a relationship save this weird pairing the spares in New 52 and in Rebirth they don't interact.

Current batbrothers aren't really brothers, and they are part of a dysfunctional family but the big difference with other families like them it's at the end of the day they fight but 'ohh look at them they love each other' but with the current batbrothers that doesn't happen, they are loyal to the mission and to each other (sometimes) but it's not due to love between them, in fact it's more due to their feelings towards Bruce than what they feel for each other save Damian and Dick.
    Last edited by Dazai_Osamu; 02-16-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Teen Titans 39 preview:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...ns-39-preview/

I like the new art. Is one of the few times that I saw Emiko beautiful here:

teentitans39_6.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 02-17-2020 at 03:05 AM.

It's the hair. She usually has a hairband, but she's lacking it here. Which makes her look more mature.

Damian's R looks more like Tim's there.

I am tired of this run...
    But if it ends, Damian will have no title...
    How come DC never made a comic just for him during the last year? Something about character development and not the same s#$t about him killing, or being Ra's or whatever...
    Also, do you know if Teen Titans is over after The Djinn War arc?

Well the new art is certainly better but I'm still not feeling it. I haven't really liked any of the artists on these past two runs since Meyers left.

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Also, do you know if Teen Titans is over after The Djinn War arc?
    From what I can tell, they're not gonna bring Djinn back and the team keeps going after Damian leaves. So with my two favorites gone, there's not really gonna be anything keeping me around once Glass is done.
    Last edited by Blue22; 02-17-2020 at 05:48 AM.

I'm sure it'll only last one more arc anyway, because of 5G. Not a lot of point relaunching yet, as it would end up doing so again after six issues or so.