Page 38 of 313 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Hope to see Ra's Damian in the next Beyond issue

Attachment 91946
    This is a very handsome Damian. He looks more like what a kid of Talia and Bruce would look like.

That Ra's suit is great. Green suit's his skin tone

I'd like more interaction between Ra's and Terry.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I just don't like his looks. That huge collar thingy is really ugly and makes no sense to me. Damian, as Robin, Batman, Ra's al Ghul, Bloodbat or any other name, should have a more distinguished looks !

So far, Ra's Damian has by far the better look of all his versions. Probably why I'm not angry at the hints Bendis is giving and even what DC is doing. Ra's Damian is extremely charismatic.
    But Bendis isn't hinting at Batman Beyond Damian, he's hinting at Batman 666 Damian.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Young Al Ghul

https://twitter.com/dami__28

Not sure what's going on with Nightwing here. Is that symbolic? Without Dick Grayson Damian would have a tougher battle overcoming his past?

Damian had already rejected his LOA ways and was in Gotham working as a hero before the Bats took him in. Dick is a huge huge factor in Damian's hero journey but Damian took the vital 1st steps all on his own. He decided to change and become a person who dedicates his life to saving not ruling.

He was to become the next Alexander the Great but he chose to walk the streets as a hero.

That's important to remember.

Damian choose to become a hero. he wasn't given Robin simply because of his last name[ like some hateful fans like to say]

Damian chose to be a hero. Wanted to help make the world better and just like every other Robin he worked and bled for the mantle.

https://twitter.com/mcmramcm
    I know Tim Drake Fans like to claim that he is unique sincehe's the only one who wantged to to help and how he worked for it. A blatant lie.

They all wanted to help. They all worked very hard for the right to help and they all did very well.

I find any claims to the contrary disrespectful.

The exception is of course from All Star Batman and Robin but that Batman was Crazy Steve so we don't count him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    But Bendis isn't hinting at Batman Beyond Damian, he's hinting at Batman 666 Damian.
    Bendis hasn't read the book I'd imagine or maybe he's taken a peak at Morrison's yet to be released Arkham Asylum2 [I hope not]

I just want writers who aren't Morrison to leave that Universe alone. At least AA2 is out.

And why is it always certain writers who always that try to mess with this world? Tynion and Bendis.
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-21-2020 at 01:42 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Bendis hasn't read the book I'd imagine or maybe he's taken a peak at Morrison's Arkham Asylum2

I just want writers who aren't Morrison to leave that Universe alone. At least AA2 is out.

And why is it always certain writers who always that try to mess with this world? Tynion and Bendis.
    Oh I agree. I was just correcting Korath who seems to think Bendis is building up to Batman Beyond Damian, which as far as I can tell isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I really didn't get that impression. Batman 666 is still clearly a hero. Or at least a violent vigilante, who tries to make Gotham a better place.

By becoming a Ra's al Ghul (complete with the goal to reduce human population and impact on the world), I think it'd be easier for the future and the LOSH to misjudged him as an evil being on the scale of that dude with the ugly mustache in Germany during the 30's and 40's.

But just to be clearer on this subject, I tweeted Bendis. Hopefully, he'll be able to give us some insight here !
    Last edited by Korath; 01-21-2020 at 02:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Damian is joining the Beyond crew in April. I hope we get a great and positive story.

I like Terry a lot and it's a shame his world's so removed from everyone else.

I hope they have a team up or something.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

How come TT doesn't have Variant cover often like all the other Robin titles do? Even Outsiders gets more variants. DC doesn't seem to be interested in promoting Damian's book.

Even the art isn't good looking. I don't understand. Titles that have nice looking art sell more even when they are trash. Same applies to variants which can double sales in some cases. I've got the latest TT but I've not opened it because the art is off putting.

And that is just sad.

What are you talking about? Teen Titans always has one variant cover.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What are you talking about? Teen Titans always has one variant cover.
    No it doesn't. it's had a few and only recently. Percy's had even less. Glass had a few but TT compared to stuff like Supersons, Nigthwing, catwoman, Supergirl, RhAtO, pretty much compared to Titles in similar sales range or lower has less variants and no name artist's on it.
    Last edited by dietrich; 01-21-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    How come TT doesn't have Variant cover often like all the other Robin titles do? Even Outsiders gets more variants. DC doesn't seem to be interested in promoting Damian's book.

Even the art isn't good looking. I don't understand. Titles that have nice looking art sell more even when they are trash. Same applies to variants which can double sales in some cases. I've got the latest TT but I've not opened it because the art is off putting.

And that is just sad.
    Yeah. I don't mind the lack of Variaant's since the few times it does have em they are low enery phoned in stuff. The artist I don't think is suitable for the book. He's art suits older characters but on teens it looks like plastic surgery gone way bad.

I liked the artist on Percy's run.

I wouldn't say it's that DC doesn't want to promote Damian since Supersons had Nguyen Variants. It's more like TT isn't a title they care about or are that invested in.

Titles like catwoman and Supergirl have a certain type of variant. They target a specific audience that's ....ahem it would be all kinds of wrong for this TT team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Hope to see Ra's Damian in the next Beyond issue

Attachment 91946
    This is very nice.

I like that he looks mixed and the greens do fit him.

Damian of all the Bat kids has the best graduated look. As Batman or Ra's he's look is distinct.

Like Ra's he has a flair for drama and that is reflected in all his looks. I love that in Nuclear Winter he took the batman666 look to the next level with an actual manbat skin. Nice.

Batman and Sons

https://twitter.com/SergioDavila007

Nightwing and Robin

https://twitter.com/laquilasse

Damian Wayne Undercover from Deathstroke

Last edited by dietrich; 01-21-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    No it doesn't. it's had a few and only recently. Percy's had even less. Glass had a few but TT compared to stuff like Supersons, Nigthwing, catwoman, Supergirl, RhAtO, pretty much compared to Titles in similar sales range or lower has less variants and no name artist's on it.
    Check again. All Rebirth titles had one variant as well as the standard cover. Yes, TT usually doesn't have more than that, but all issues do have one variant. If you're looking at the Fandom wiki, they're simply missing variants in some cases and do list the artists in the infobox.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman