Page 158 of 206 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 3085
  1. #2356
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Damian's side of the conflict feels extremely forced. Batman doesn't just react. The guy has contingency plans for almost any situation for crying out loud. He's currently rebuilding the entirety of Gotham to combat the roots of crime.
    And what is Damian's plan in this? Kill all the criminals to stop crime? He shouldn't be that dumb.

    This comic could have been the perfect opportunity to talk about the actual problems in Bruce and Damian's relationship and instead it's wasting our time with this.
    Batman has plans yes but he has been distracted.

    Damian is looking to solve a problem that can't be solved without giving up certain allowances that is the thing.

    Police states might reduce crime drastically but at a cost?
    That's two Robins not named Dick that Damian's copying in this TT run

  2. #2357
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post


    Looks like Damian's first victim will be brother blood
    Not gonna lie, I like the little touch of Damian's bloodied hands, hidden from his teammates. I know I shouldn't, but it makes me excited.



    In here Thompson tries to show Crush's compassionate side, so perhaps we will get more info about Crush's goodness which will make her chosen to be their leader. I think it's better than she self-proclaimed herself to be a leader.



    Seriously DC, he hasn't voice his real son argument for like ages ago, he has moved past that and acknowledge his other brothers. Stop regressing his character! I know that the cover is often not true, but still.

  3. #2358
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Batman has plans yes but he has been distracted.

    Damian is looking to solve a problem that can't be solved without giving up certain allowances that is the thing.

    Police states might reduce crime drastically but at a cost?
    That's two Robins not named Dick that Damian's copying in this TT run
    Bruce is distracted and that's why Damian starts kiling again? Sorry, not buying it.

  4. #2359
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Actually proves that Bruce has a point not trusting Damian. Wouldn't be suprised if DC plays it that way.

  5. #2360
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Bruce is distracted and that's why Damian starts kiling again? Sorry, not buying it.
    He has learned to kill since age 3 until age 10. That's 7 years of nurturing. Unlike Bruce or Dick who see killing as a very bad thing, Damian since he was little understand that killing is the way to solve something. To get rid of crime, to get praised, to get his place, to protect his loved one, Damian doesn't hesitate to kill. He only lived on Bruce's care for like 3 years, and more on less one year he spent on hell and killing demons. You can't expect that he has the same morality as Bruce, when even on our real life, soldiers and serial killers get many many years of therapy to abandon their instinct to kill. The only thing that stops him for killing is Dick and Bruce's tutelage and his desire to honor them. Now Dick is gone, and Bruce refused to kill KGBeast, much to Damian's disappointment. He saw Alfred died in front of him, and Alfred is the one who repeatedly soothed Damian that Bruce cares for him. His anchors is all gone, he saw many bad thing happened in front of his eyes and he did nothing, now he's frustrated.

    He's 13 almost 14 probably, the critical age when someone just feel impatient and frustrated of everything. Time like this, he really needs guidance, and Bruce is distracted, Dick hasn't back yet, Talia MIA, and Alfred died. He already tried to find a loophole from his father no-killing rule with his prison and mind wiping, but both of the ways is still wrong. They're still not enough. So maybe now he just pulls a giant 'F*ck You' and follow his instinct.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-19-2020 at 11:44 PM.

  6. #2361
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Actually proves that Bruce has a point not trusting Damian. Wouldn't be suprised if DC plays it that way.
    If he doesn't trust Damian he should watch over him. He ignored Damian, let him carry the guilt of Alfred's death on his shoulder, only called him when Batman needs help. Now when Damian goes wild if Bruce acts like he gets betrayed by Damian I will seriously throw something.

    Ignorance is not a sign of trust. Ignorance is a sign of lack of care.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-19-2020 at 11:45 PM.

  7. #2362
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    He has learned to kill since age 3 until age 10. That's 7 years of nurturing. Unlike Bruce or Dick who see killing as a very bad thing, Damian since he was little understand that killing is the way to solve something. To get rid of crime, to get praised, to get his place, to protect his loved one, Damian doesn't hesitate to kill. He only lived on Bruce's care for like 3 years, and more on less one year he spent on hell and killing demons. The only thing that stops him for killing is Dick and Bruce's tutelage and his desire to honor them. Now Dick is gone, and Bruce refused to kill KGBeast, much to Damian's disappointment. He saw Alfred died in front of him, and Alfred is the one who repeatedly soothed Damian that Bruce cares for him. His anchors is all gone, he saw many bad thing happened in front of his eyes and he did nothing, now he's frustrated.

    He's 13 almost 14 probably, the critical age when someone just feel impatient and frustrated of everything. Time like this, he really needs guidance, and Bruce is distracted, Dick hasn't back yet, Talia MIA, and Alfred died. He already tried to find a loophole from his father no-killing rule with his prison and mind wiping, but both of the ways is still wrong. They're still not enough. So maybe now he just pulls a giant 'F*ck You' and follow his instinct.
    Damian was in a similar situation in Robin: Son of Batman and didn't go full psycho on anybody. He also learned for himself that killing criminals is taking away the chance to reform from them, like he did.

    Also, would have been really nice to explore some of these things as triggers for Damian's behavior around the time those things actually happened, not months later when nobody cares about this anymore.
    The official reasons for why Damian started going down this path are No Justice and the restaurant owner getting killed. All the other stuff is mainly fans trying to make sense of Damian's actions. It's not in the book.
    And Alfred as guidance? Alfred was alive for most of the events of this book and did nothing. Remember their last conversation in this? The one where Alfred did nothing and compared him to Ra's Al Ghul?
    Sorry, this is coming way too late to serve as explanation.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-20-2020 at 12:04 AM.

  8. #2363
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    If he doesn't trust Damian he should watch over him. He ignored Damian, let him carry the guilt of Alfred's death on his shoulder, only called him when Batman needs help. Now when Damian went wild if Bruce acted like he gets betrayed by Damian I will seriously throw something.

    Ignorance is not a sign of trust. Ignorance is a sign of lack of care.
    Usually I would agree, but I doubt that DC is playing it like that. Bruce gets away with pretty terrible behavior all the time because he's Batman. DC is just out to destroy Damian right now.

    DC doesn't treat Bruce and Damian equally.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-19-2020 at 11:56 PM.

  9. #2364
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Damian was in a similar situation in Robin: Son of Batman and didn't go full psycho on anybody. He also learned for himself that killing criminals is taking away the chance to reform from them, like he did.

    Also, would have been really nice to explore some of these things as triggers for Damian's behavior around the time those things actually happened, not months later when nobody cares about this anymore.
    Also, the official reasons for why Damian started going down this path are No Justice and the restaurant owner getting killed. All the other stuff is mainly fans trying to make sense of Damian's actions. It's not in the book.
    Also Alfred as guidance? Alfred was alive for most of the events of this book and did nothing. Remember their last conversation in this? The one where Alfred did nothing and compared him to Ra's Al Ghul?
    Sorry, this is coming way too late to serve as explanation.
    Yes, the problem is apparently DC current era ignored Robin : Son of Batman entirely. Maya is nowhere on sight, Goliath is nowhere on sight, I don't think they realized Suren's existence. I think we have to accept that DC just want to destroy Damian's development. On this rebirth, he's repeatedly shown to be ruthless and didn't care much of villain's lives. Even on Kate's judgement family discussion, he didn't pick any side and only throwing insult as distraction.

    I never said that Alfred ever guided Damian. As much as Batfam fandom portray him as Holy Saint, The Best of The Best or something, he's passive as heck. Like Damian said, he just reacted. Hell, he didn't even guide Bruce when he build his own secret prison, how can anyone expect him guide Damian? Well, he only did his butler's job, protect his master, console his master, prepare his master's need, etc. Damian's morality guide is not Alfred's responsibility.
    My point is, Alfred is probably the only one who repeatedly talk to him and make Damian believes that even after everything that happened, Bruce cares for him. Now Alfred is gone, and Bruce didn't show any sign of care, he has no reason to trust Alfred's word, so there's nothing stops Damian for slipping into darkness.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-20-2020 at 12:11 AM.

  10. #2365
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Yes, the problem is apparently DC current era ignored Robin : Son of Batman entirely. Maya is nowhere on sight, Goliath is nowhere on sight, I don't think they realized Suren's existence. I think we have to accept that DC just want to destroy Damian's development. On this rebirth, he's repeatedly shown to be ruthless and didn't care much of villain's lives. Even on Kate's judgement family discussion, he didn't pick any side.

    I never said that Alfred ever guided Damian. As much as Batfam fandom portray him as Holy Saint, The Best of The Best or something, he's passive as heck. Like Damian said, he just reacted. Heck, he didn't even guide Bruce when he build his own secret prison, how can anyone expect him guide Damian? Well, he only did his butler's job, protect his master, console his master, prepare his master's need, etc. Damian's morality guide is not Alfred's responsibility.
    My point is, Alfred is probably the only one who repeatedly talk to him and make Damian believes that even after everything that happened, Bruce cares for him. Now Alfred is gone, and Bruce didn't show any sign of care, there's nothing stops Damian for slipping into darkness.
    No, you didn't say that, but the book is trying to and that's not correct. That's why the panel with "...I received guidance" cuts to Alfred and Damian playing chess.
    So far this book hasn't adressed Bruce not taking care of Damian in a proper way.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love for Damian to throw all of his grievances in Bruce's face, but as of now this feels to me like Damian is the antagonist in this book and the rest of the team and Bruce will be the ones who will put an end to it and punish him for his crimes.

  11. #2366
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Bruce is distracted and that's why Damian starts kiling again? Sorry, not buying it.
    No the killing is all on Damian. He made the choice. bad writing or not. it is what it is.
    Damian has no guidance and no eyes on him because bruce is distracted

  12. #2367
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Not gonna lie, I like the little touch of Damian's bloodied hands, hidden from his teammates. I know I shouldn't, but it makes me excited.



    In here Thompson tries to show Crush's compassionate side, so perhaps we will get more info about Crush's goodness which will make her chosen to be their leader. I think it's better than she self-proclaimed herself to be a leader.



    Seriously DC, he hasn't voice his real son argument for like ages ago, he has moved past that and acknowledge his other brothers. Stop regressing his character! I know that the cover is often not true, but still.
    Why are they fighting again I thought they were working together?

    The funny thing is that this same writer just months ago wrote Damian telling Dick about how he was Bruce's son. How Bruce raised him.

  13. #2368
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    No, you didn't say that, but the book is trying to and that's not correct. That's why the panel with "...I received guidance" cuts to Alfred and Damian playing chess.
    So far this book hasn't adressed Bruce not taking care of Damian in a proper way.
    Don't get me wrong, I would love for Damian to throw all of his grievances in Bruce's face, but as of now this feels to me like Damian is the antagonist in this book and the rest of the team and Bruce will be the ones who will put an end to it and punish him for his crimes.
    The thing I don't understand of this book is, Damian, Wallace, and Emiko are the core three, right? Like they have fanbase, backup from Batfam fans, Flash fans and Green Arrow fans. Sure Wallace is hated for replacing Wally and Emiko is hated for replacing Roy, but it's not like Damian doesn't get any hate for replacing Tim. Emiko and Wallace has potential to get used on other GA or Flash book and DC should pushed them to support their existence and satisfy their fanbases. Crush, Djiin, and Roundhouse are supposed to be their support character. But why on this book Crush, Djiin, and Roundhose who always get the spotlight? Fine, Crush can be used on DC story Lobo related, and now Djiin went with Jakeem, but I can't imagine how will DC use Roundhouse outside TT book. There's literally no reason to built their fanbase, at least by sacrificing Damian, Emiko, and Wallace who already have fanbase on their own. Damian become antagonist in like every story, Emiko and Wallace get pushed out and forgotten somewhere, even Emiko's character get butchered.

    I just don't understand what will DC gain by doing all of this. Not profit, for certain.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-20-2020 at 12:46 AM.

  14. #2369
    Fantastic Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Why are they fighting again I thought they were working together?

    The funny thing is that this same writer just months ago wrote Damian telling Dick about how he was Bruce's son. How Bruce raised him.
    Damian : *existed*
    Writer : FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

    I know that this is superhero book full of fighting, but isn't that a little bit too much?

  15. #2370
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Damian : *existed*
    Writer : FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

    I know that this is superhero book full of fighting, but isn't that a little bit too much?
    I looked at the preview, so far no fighting. Just Terry getting Damian to the batcave to receive treatment for his wounds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •