Page 159 of 207 FirstFirst ... 59109149155156157158159160161162163169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3097
  1. #2371
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    The thing I don't understand of this book is, Damian, Wallace, and Emiko are the core three, right? Like they have fanbase, backup from Batfam fans, Flash fans and Green Arrow fans. Sure Wallace is hated for replacing Wally and Emiko is hated for replacing Roy, but it's not like Damian doesn't get any hate for replacing Tim. Emiko and Wallace has potential to get used on other GA or Flash book and DC should pushed them to support their existence and satisfy their fanbase. Crush, Djiin, and Roundhouse are supposed to be their support character. But why on this book Crush, Djiin, and Roundhose who always get the spotlight? Fine, Crush can be used on DC story Lobo related, and now Djiin went with Jakeem, but I can't imagine how will DC use Roundhouse outside TT book. There's literally no reason to built their fanbase, at least by sacrificing Damian, Emiko, and Wallace who already have fanbase on their own. Damian become villains in like every story, Emiko and Wallace get pushed out and forgotten somewhere, even Emiko's character get butchered.

    I just don't understand what will DC gain by doing all of this. Not profit, for certain.
    It can't be for the money, this book started tanking the minute the other turned out to be Damian's clone. You think DC would get the hint that most people are not that taken with this book.

    As least from what I heard this story mainly exists to push Damian out the robin mantle, a direction DC decided to pursue even stronger after Didio left and 5G got scrapped. Originally Bruce would have confronted Damian only for the prison and the mind wiping. Damian trying to kill a bunch of criminals (Brother Blood, KGBeast, wonder who Damian will chase in 44) before Bruce and him have their confrontation was added later.

    I have no interest in reading this once Damian is gone, but I do wonder what will become of this team without him.
    Unless Thompson adds new characters the team would only consist of Wally, Emiko, Crush and Roundhouse. I don't really think that will convince people to stick with this book. Especially if Wally and Emiko get pushed to the side.
    There's also the question of what they are supposed to do. Batman knows about them now, but playing by the rules of the Justice League doesn't seem fitting either.

  2. #2372
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I really don't get the point. I would understand if 5G would be still a thing, because, you know, Didio hated legacy-characters and he wanted to put Luke in Batsuit.
    But what the hell are they doing right now? Just... Why?) What's the point?) They want to free place for someone else, or what? It's just strange to treat popular character like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I have no interest in reading this once Damian is gone, but I do wonder what will become of this team without him.
    Unless Thompson adds new characters the team would only consist of Wally, Emiko, Crush and Roundhouse. I don't really think that will convince people to stick with this book. Especially if Wally and Emiko get pushed to the side.
    There's also the question of what they are supposed to do. Batman knows about them now, but playing by the rules of the Justice League doesn't seem fitting either.
    I guess there will be new line-up next year. Probably without Damian, since Tynion said, that he'll return to Gotham in his run.
    Maybe they'll add Jon there and some of original members.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-20-2020 at 01:22 AM.

  3. #2373
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I really don't get the point. I would understand if 5G would still a thing, because, you know, Didio hated legacy-characters and he wanted to put Luke in Batsuit.
    But what the hell are they doing right now? Just... Why?) What's the point?) They want to free place for someone else, or what? It's just strange to treat popular character like that.
    I don't get it either. I personally would have liked to see Damian as Robin for a bit longer because I feel like DC never quite let him shine. But if they want someone else in the role (even though the number of Robins is getting a bit ridiculous) so bad, fine.
    What I'm angry about the most is that Damian gets kicked out of the mantle in the most undignified way possible.

  4. #2374
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    150

    Default

    The problem is not that he will cease to be Robin, Damian may really need this for development, that is not the point. The thing is how. For example, there is an option that I personally will accept - Damian admits his mistakes, voluntarily gives the mantle to Batman, so that he passes it to someone else, and he goes into exile somewhere to recover and realize his true path (that is the reason why he's missing later). And then he returns during Joker War or after Death Metal, already with the new alias. Being reborn, lol.
    And if Bruce just will put him away, well, I'm sorry, but this is a shitty scenario, because I can’t also consider Bruce fair in this case, because he did not care about what his child has been doing for a long time. And he also made a bunch of mistakes. It just won't look normal.
    I hope that the first option will become a reality.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-20-2020 at 01:47 AM.

  5. #2375
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I don't get it either. I personally would have liked to see Damian as Robin for a bit longer because I feel like DC never quite let him shine. But if they want someone else in the role (even though the number of Robins is getting a bit ridiculous) so bad, fine.
    What I'm angry about the most is that Damian gets kicked out of the mantle in the most undignified way possible.
    Well Damian's reputation is getting more tarnished, don't how long till his character can recover from this. Personally if they want to shelf Damian as Robin, New and Old Gods for how long, then I'd think the best way for him to go under shelf is for him to go travelling. Just like he did in the Batman Beyond comics. He gets shelf and still has potential on coming back with the excuse of the old trope 'learned a few things while I was away'.

  6. #2376
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    According to the DC website, this is Robin King before his ascension

    dm02_Robin_King_2_5eebdba97d3632.50422229.jpg

    Death Metal #2

  7. #2377
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    According to the DC website, this is Robin King before his ascension

    dm02_Robin_King_2_5eebdba97d3632.50422229.jpg

    Death Metal #2
    I doubt this is Damian since this Groblin used to be a kid who was so evil he used to spend all his time thinking of ways to kill heroes.

    Also the BWL Damian was killed by our Damian.

  8. #2378
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I doubt this is Damian since this Groblin used to be a kid who was so evil he used to spend all his time thinking of ways to kill heroes.

    Also the BWL Damian was killed by our Damian.
    I don't think anyone thought that it would be BWLs original Damian, some people were wondering if BWL could have turned the main universe Damian, like in this Infected storyline DC had a few months ago.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-20-2020 at 08:57 AM.

  9. #2379
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Unless Thompson adds new characters the team would only consist of Wally, Emiko, Crush and Roundhouse. I don't really think that will convince people to stick with this book. Especially if Wally and Emiko get pushed to the side.
    As Light of Justice pointed out they've already been pushed to the side. Can you remember the last time either Wallace or Emi's characters effected the book and its direction in any kind of way? Emiko's guilt of shooting Deathstroke was handled in his title meanwhile Wallace is just there to hold Roundhouse's hand every time he messes up. Instead of being good friends, KF sometimes feels like an older brother babysitting. Damian on the other hand never lost attention or focus even if it was in a direction readers didn't agree with. The other 3 I think deserved to have the focus they got because they were new but not at the expense of the already established three. Damian is speeding down the wrong hill and Emi and KF are just standing at a stop light not knowing if they're gonna turn left, right, or keep straight.

  10. #2380
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    As Light of Justice pointed out they've already been pushed to the side. Can you remember the last time either Wallace or Emi's characters effected the book and its direction in any kind of way? Emiko's guilt of shooting Deathstroke was handled in his title meanwhile Wallace is just there to hold Roundhouse's hand every time he messes up. Instead of being good friends, KF sometimes feels like an older brother babysitting. Damian on the other hand never lost attention or focus even if it was in a direction readers didn't agree with. The other 3 I think deserved to have the focus they got because they were new but not at the expense of the already established three. Damian is speeding down the wrong hill and Emi and KF are just standing at a stop light not knowing if they're gonna turn left, right, or keep straight.
    I am very much aware of this fact, I was talking about the situation after the annual when Damian will be gone.

  11. #2381
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I am very much aware of this fact, I was talking about the situation after the annual when Damian will be gone.
    So was I. The situation they're in now will literally be the same then when he's gone.

  12. #2382
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Actually proves that Bruce has a point not trusting Damian. Wouldn't be suprised if DC plays it that way.
    True, but realistically, no one (especially the Bat family) should trust the current version of Bruce.

  13. #2383
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    As Light of Justice pointed out they've already been pushed to the side. Can you remember the last time either Wallace or Emi's characters effected the book and its direction in any kind of way? Emiko's guilt of shooting Deathstroke was handled in his title meanwhile Wallace is just there to hold Roundhouse's hand every time he messes up. Instead of being good friends, KF sometimes feels like an older brother babysitting. Damian on the other hand never lost attention or focus even if it was in a direction readers didn't agree with. The other 3 I think deserved to have the focus they got because they were new but not at the expense of the already established three. Damian is speeding down the wrong hill and Emi and KF are just standing at a stop light not knowing if they're gonna turn left, right, or keep straight.
    Wallace knowing right from wrong and not doing enough/ lacking backbone/ getting ignored when things go bad and teammates do sketchy stuff is starting to become his defining character trait. I disagree with Wallace being Rounhouse's babysitter, he babysits the whole team and everyone except Roundhouse give him no respect.

    Not too familiar with Emiko, but from what I understand she became more of a jerk during this run.

    Damian's defining character trait is starting to look like 'team killer'.

  14. #2384
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    True, but realistically, no one (especially the Bat family) should trust the current version of Bruce.
    Realistically one of them should have pushed Bruce off a tall building for some of the things he has done by now, but they still always return to him sooner or later. Bruce is the leader of the bat-family, even if he's totally unqualified for the task, DC isn't going to change that.
    Bruce can get away with things the other members of the family can only dream of.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-20-2020 at 08:38 PM.

  15. #2385
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wallace knowing right from wrong and not doing enough/ lacking backbone/ getting ignored when things go bad and teammates do sketchy stuff is starting to become his defining character trait. I disagree with Wallace being Rounhouse's babysitter, he babysits the whole team and everyone except Roundhouse give him no respect.

    Not too familiar with Emiko, but from what I understand she became more of a jerk during this run.

    Damian's defining character trait is starting to look like 'team killer'.
    Damian's defining trait is selective taste, tons of insecurities and a difficult personality. He works just fine in teams/groups [there's a lot of canon examples].

    He works with people who are flexible, easy going and wise enough to understand that his attitude is just a mask. The emotional intelligent and intuitive ones who don't let his BS get through.

    Percy's TT the 2 thing's he did wrong was kidnap his tm's because he was doing the whole dominate to show strenght thing that we saw is the way he was taught in the Demon's arc.
    He was willing to give his life for his team members
    He was tying to protect them from a hit squad.

    2nd thing was be a square and be competent. He fired Wally with good reason and was subjected to bullying because he was no fun.
    Damian didn't kill that team. Gar and Raven did when they decided to betray their team and hook up with Future Tim to hunt an innocent kid.

    We all read the same comics you know and we still remember what happened
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-21-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •