Page 64 of 313 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I love these two. It really makes me wonder how Damian will see Dick in the future. In a sense he will hold respect for him but will it be a different kind of respect than he has with his father. This also makes me wonder how is his other relationships with the others? Or even the JL

To be honest I often thought Jason would have been the one Damian bonded with more
    You'd think, with all that they have in common, but they probably have the worst relationship of the Bat Family right now.

I mean how much do they have in common? I mean they both are violent. Both feel betrayed or harmed by Bruce in a sense. Didn’t have the best father figure. By that I mean Jason’s dad was a criminal and Damian’s grandfather is a villain. Talia isn’t better

I mean how much do they have in common? I mean they both are violent. Both feel betrayed or harmed by Bruce in a sense. Didn’t have the best father figure. By that I mean Jason’s dad was a criminal and Damian’s grandfather is a villain. Talia isn’t better
    Both had a good amount of time in the League of Assassins and strained relationships (to say the least) with Talia. Both died horrific deaths and were brought back to life later on. Talia also introduced Damian to Bruce, and Jason to Ducra of the All-Caste (ancient order of good assassins).

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I love these two. It really makes me wonder how Damian will see Dick in the future. In a sense he will hold respect for him but will it be a different kind of respect than he has with his father. This also makes me wonder how is his other relationships with the others? Or even the JL

To be honest I often thought Jason would have been the one Damian bonded with more
    I hope their relationship only gets better. It's unlikely that he'll ever have anything but respect for Dick. He has a different sort of respect and a different type of bond with Dick than he does Dick. Bruce he used to hero worship but that's since changed but he still wants to make him proud and earn his love.

Dick he fears losing the love he knows Dick has for him but I also think that he holds Dick to a higher standard. He's never messed up so Damian will feel it more if he does mess up.
    Damian is also very insecure about the fact that Bruce counts on and holds Dick in high esteem. he is also insecure because he fears he'll never be as good as Dick and he'll never be as accepted.

The current JL
    Ollie, Superman - like him
    Flash thinks he's a bad influence but is protective
    During No Justice the adult heroes respect, recognise and have acknowledged his skills but some seem to put up him kinda like an annoying bug

Damian is a reverse Jason so he's the one person he's unlikely to bond with. Killer who went on to become a hero [Robin] It;s like asking a drug addict to bond with someone who's just given up drugs.

[I know Jason hasn't killed in a while] Unlike Damian who went on a journey seeking redemption for his misdeeds and who is remorseful for his past. I don't think we've had a redemption arc for Jason and since he had an agreement with Bruce about not killing in Gotham that leads one to believe that he isn't adverse to killing, isn't remorseful therefore isn't in need of redemption.

Therefore the thing's they haves in common are a rubbish dad, worse mum,dying and coming back. i don't think those are things that either of them want to share a cup of tea discussing. Those are negative things so they'll never really bond over those not to mention that since Steph and Dick have also died and come back [and Damian likes them a lot more] if he needs to talk about that then he'll most likely go to them.

Jason is everything that Damian is actively fighting and working towards not becoming. It'll be hitting the rewind button for Damian so even though Jason has reached out Damian has never accepted [aside from the dubious current TT run]

Jason and Damian aren't alike like most think and their journeys are a reversal.

They have a few things in common but not anymore than any other of the other Bat kids.
    All the boys have a bad dad in Bruce
    Cass has a criminal father, grew up in the LoA.
    Jason, Damian, Dick and cass were groomed, trained destined/chosen ones
    Cass was to be a main body guard for the Demon's head
    Dick is the Gray Son
    jason was introduced to the All caste
    Damian was supposed to be the next Alexander the Great
    Most of them have died and come back
    3 have shitty mums

They have things in common but not anymore so than other batkids when you stop and think about it.

All the Bat kids are violent and 4 of them have killed [cass, damian, jason and Dick]

All-New Member

I think the common ground is actually in the middle here

What Damian, Cass and Jason have in common is their troubled childhood. From my perspective, Jason and Damian are more simular in how they cope with it.
    They also have some character traits that you could recongnize in both of them. And what's important - both what to do good things, but have insecurities about their current place in hero community.

CPSparkles is right, i think, that current Damian would not reach out to Jason as their ways are going in reverse now, at least how Damian could see it. Considering how competitive he is toward previous Robins aside Dick, he has many reasons and insecurities to seek relationship from any of them at this time.

But Jackalope89 has a point, that their paths kinda rhyme (as one great director have said ). And while their characters overhall are not that simular perhaps, it's those individual traits that make people often compare them. I think, it would make sense if not current Damian,but actually much older teenage Damian would seek the relationship with Jason, perhaps as a way to understand things about himself and how to cope with problems that Jason learned to cope.

But thats's just me thinking.
    Last edited by RLV_1996; 02-23-2020 at 05:28 AM.

Thinking about it Damian won’t get the approval that he wants from Bruce. I do think he will get it in something just not how he pictures it. A lot of the time Bruce often relies on Dick than any of the other Batkids. In a weird way that’s Bruce’s issue sure he doesn’t want to let anyone in. But he doesn’t need words to talk to Dick. Dick been there the longest. In a weird way Bruce isn’t the stable one for Damian to get approval

Quote Originally Posted by RLV_1996 View Post
    I think the common ground is actually in the middle here

What Damian, Cass and Jason have in common is their troubled childhood. From my perspective, Jason and Damian are more simular in how they cope with it.
    They also have some character traits that you could recongnize in both of them. And what's important - both what to do good things, but have insecurities about their current place in hero community.

CPSparkles is right, i think, that current Damian would not reach out to Jason as their ways are going in reverse now, at least how Damian could see it. Considering how competitive he is toward previous Robins aside Dick, he has many reasons and insecurities to seek relationship from any of them at this time.

But Jackalope89 has a point, that their paths kinda rhyme (as one great director have said ). And while their characters overhall are not that simular perhaps, it's those individual traits that make people often compare them. I think, it would make sense if not current Damian,but actually much older teenage Damian would seek the relationship with Jason, perhaps as a way to understand things about himself and how to cope with problems that Jason learned to cope.

But thats's just me thinking.
    You make a valid point that I neglected to consider. The future and coping.

Damian doesn't have the best coping mechanisms and he needs to remedy that at some point. The only problem is that Jason hasn't really learnt how to cope properly either I don't think but he has learnt to at least distance himself from toxic relationships. An important lessons that Damian needs to learn and master

In the future they might find some common ground I hope.

Thinking about it Damian won’t get the approval that he wants from Bruce. I do think he will get it in something just not how he pictures it. A lot of the time Bruce often relies on Dick than any of the other Batkids. In a weird way that’s Bruce’s issue sure he doesn’t want to let anyone in. But he doesn’t need words to talk to Dick. Dick been there the longest. In a weird way Bruce isn’t the stable one for Damian to get approval
    Agree totally. Poor Dick he has a lot to carry. Even more reason for Dick to take a step back
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-23-2020 at 07:41 AM.

This is why in a weird way I often consider Dick the second in charge. He always is the one who is more stable. Like Alfred is the grounded one. I’m often surprised Dick doesn’t the mental break downs. He literally helps all the Batfam. This is why I kind of would like what would happen and not in rude way step back too. Bruce isn’t pity but now that Alfred dead. Bruce really doesn’t have anyone to talk to. If Dick leaves how worst would it also get for all the Batkids and Bruce? Dick is respected by even the villains. That he wants sometime to himself. His mental health stable and strong but I actually would love to see that. Where He steps back and takes care of himself. I mean we see what happens in one of the animated movies where he helps his family more than spending time with Starfire. What if and it doesn’t have to be Starfire. He goes for a relationship and takes this time to be with someone. I wonder if Damian would even try to destroy it. He isn’t good at coping.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-23-2020 at 09:22 AM.

All-New Member

This is why in a weird way I often consider Dick the second in charge. He always is the one who is more stable. Like Alfred is the grounded one. I’m often surprised Dick doesn’t the mental break downs. He literally helps all the Batfam. This is why I kind of would like what would happen and not in rude way step back too. Bruce isn’t pity but now that Alfred dead. Bruce really doesn’t have anyone to talk to. If Dick leaves how worst would it also get for all the Batkids and Bruce? Dick is respected by even the villains. That he wants sometime to himself. His mental health stable and strong but I actually would love to see that. Where He steps back and takes care of himself. I mean we see what happens in one of the animated movies where he helps his family more than spending time with Starfire. What if and it doesn’t have to be Starfire. He goes for a relationship and takes this time to be with someone. I wonder if Damian would even try to destroy it. He isn’t good at coping.
    You mean destroy Dick’s relationship with someone? Come on, why would he do that?

Damian is insecure, can be rude and harsh, sure, but he is not a sociopath, he kinda gets that Dick would dislike that. Dick is a great person, but he is not saint, stuff like that would quickly deteriorate relationship between them.

But he would definitely comment on such relationship, likely with sarcasm and putting Dick’s new partner in a bad light.
    Last edited by RLV_1996; 02-23-2020 at 10:18 AM.

Dick is the child and Bruce is the parent. It is unfair for Bruce to keep adopting and having all these kids that he then shifts responsibility to Dick.

bruce recruits and uses the kids in his war and others have to pick up the pieces when they inevitably break. Dick's future is important and Bruce needs to learn to be hands on.

lending a hand is fine but one person should never be expected to carry all the responsibility. Dick as the eldest will always bear some of the burden but not all. Thankfully the Family only has 2 minors the rest are adults who can take care of themselves. Tim and Damian are the only ones still dependant [Duke has a stable parental figure already]

Bruce has people to talk to. He's surrounded by them. Clark, Selina, Fox, Kate. Bruce has never been short of a support network.

Damian would never try to destroy Dick's relationship. We already know this because in the same story where he feared that Dick was going to replace him with his new kid how did he respond. he insisted on helping Dick rescue Shawn even when Dick yelled at him and told him to get lost.

Damian was willing to dive and help Dick save the woman who he believed was carrying his child knowing that this action increased his chances of losing Dick because he cares for Dick more than he fears loses him.

Dick's happiness means more to Damian.

Shawn and Dick's possible unborn child were at risk and he choose to help save them.

Quote Originally Posted by RLV_1996 View Post
    You mean destroy Dick’s relationship with someone? Come on, why would he do that?

Damian is insecure, can be rude and harsh, sure, but he is not a sociopath, he kinda gets that Dick would dislike that. Dick is a great person, but he is not saint, stuff like that would quickly deteriorate relationship between them.

But he would definitely comment on such relationship, likely with sarcasm and putting Dick’s new partner in a bad light.
    he won't even do that.

In Rebirth Nightwing we had the extract scenario that AmiMzuno is describing: Dick's in a serious relationship and is about to have a child with his new partner. Damian did use sarcasm but didn't try to paint Shawn in a bad light.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    he won't even do that.

In Rebirth Nightwing we had the extract scenario that AmiMzuno is describing: Dick's in a serious relationship and is about to have a child with his new partner. Damian did use sarcasm but didn't try to paint Shawn in a bad light.
    I meant more like sarcastic comments about things that he might not like in Dick’s gf, not setting her up or anything like that
    Not sure if that happened anywhere, but this seems like something Damian might do, IMHO
    Last edited by RLV_1996; 02-23-2020 at 11:11 AM.

True I don’t ever see him doing that to Dick. It’s just sometimes writers are questionable with his actions.

That’s true but at times Bruce won’t even talk to Selina but would talk to Dick. Not only that but even thought they are adults at times due to Bruce they turn to Dick. That’s the issue. Bruce still is set in his ways. Selina doesn’t always know what Bruce does but Dick generally finds out sooner than most