Page 132 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 4692
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I just need to find out what Damian's motivation is. It's doing my head in not knowing what's going on in his head. What he's feeling.

This title has had a lot of pages where emotions [mostly anger] are flying but they rarely go past the surface.

I have so many questions.
    I can't wait for the Batman issue just so I know this is all out in the open and done.
    Your going to get your answers soon because that is the only direction that Thompson is interested in going based on what happened in this newest issue. Its either Damian and the team choose a better path or go at it alone for Damian by the end of this issue. Which is really the only way I see this arc ending with Bruce and Damian finally talking.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Some questions about today TT issue

spoilers:
    wait, did I miss something? Djinn sounds like Damian forcefully used Djinn to brainwash villains? He didn't even hold her ring, or anything, Djinn brainwashed those villain at her own consciousness, even she ignored Damian after she finished her brainwashing? And I thought Kid Flash agreed with brainwashing method, he said because those villains looks happy?
    And I thought Crush and Roundhouse know about brainwashing agenda but they didn't complain? Why did it looks like Damian did something terrible without his team's approval, so they choose to leave him? I mean, that exact plot is already used when Damian's secret prison was revealed?

Okay DC, you don't want Damian to have friends, even he's excluded from group hug. I get it. I GET IT.
    I think DC has motto that says "We hereby decree that mortals who have Wayne's blood in them must be leaved on loneliness so we can write them brooding for like 1357 times."
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 05-26-2020 at 08:49 AM.

On the other hand, my starvation of Goliath is satisfied, thank you Batman Beyond.

spoilers:
    that Zeh-Ro guy looks ridiculous on Demon Head costume. Proof that the costume reserved for Al-Ghul only.
    Also bare-chested Adult Damian?
    end of spoilers

I'm so torn. I both liked this conclusion and hated it. It was doing pretty good up until the end when we randomly switch back to "Damian's the bad guy"

As for Djinn spoilers:
    I'm happy she's not dead but I'm really not happy that she's leaving. She was one of the only things that made this run bearable. Now who do I have to appreciate while Damian is still being unnecessarily dragged through the mud, and while Roundhouse insists on breathing?
    end of spoilers

Welp, already don't feel like reading this.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Some questions about today TT issue

spoilers:
    wait, did I miss something? Djinn sounds like Damian forcefully used Djinn to brainwash villains? He didn't even hold her ring, or anything, Djinn brainwashed those villain at her own consciousness, even she ignored Damian after she finished her brainwashing? And I thought Kid Flash agreed with brainwashing method, he said because those villains looks happy?
    And I thought Crush and Roundhouse know about brainwashing agenda but they didn't complain? Why did it looks like Damian did something terrible without his team's approval, so they choose to leave him? I mean, that exact plot is already used when Damian's secret prison was revealed?

Okay DC, you don't want Damian to have friends, even he's excluded from group hug. I get it. I GET IT.
    I think DC has motto that says "We hereby decree that mortals who have Wayne's blood in them must be leaved on loneliness so we can write them brooding for like 1357 times."
    end of spoilers

Djinn says that she has love for all her teammates including Damian. Damian excluded himself from the group hug after seeing that the rest of the team weren't agreeing to follow his methods and push them further. Also while previous issues revealed the brain washings and the prison the team never got to fully address it due to events with Lobo, Roundhouse and saving Djinn. Now that the brainwashing is undone and the team is not agreeing with Damian going further Damian's reasoning has to be addressed. Damian and the team are probably going to be dealing with the fallout leading to Mercy Tower being destroyed and Damian having to address his relationship with his father.

It's not about Damian not having friends it's just that they no longer agree with his view of justice. If they didn't care they wouldn't be searching for him in the upcoming issues.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 05-26-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Djinn says that she has love for all her teammates including Damian. Damian excluded himself from the group hug after seeing that the rest of the team weren't agreeing to follow his methods and push them further. Also while previous issues revealed the brain washings and the prison the team never got to fully address it due to events with Lobo, Roundhouse and saving Djinn. Now that the brainwashing is undone and the team is not agreeing with Damian going further Damian's reasoning has to be addressed. Damian and the team are probably going to be dealing with the fallout leading to Mercy Tower being destroyed and Damian having to address his relationship with his father.

It's not about Damian not having friends it's just that they no longer agree with his view of justice. If they didn't care they wouldn't be searching for him in the upcoming issues.
    spoilers:
    I think the main problem of this TT run is so many things happened on little time so when we face one problem, before we can fully process it they jump into problem two and problem three, then after that when they try to go back discussing problem number 1 reader, or perhaps it just me, just thought that it was long overdue, especially the plot when the team disagree with him and leave him is already used on secret prison conclusion.
    I don't like the way Djinn put her word, she said that she's finally free, and her days of forcing other people to do something they didn't want to is over. Sounds like it purely because of Damian she brainwashed those villain. I mean, how did Damian know that she has power to brainwash unless she told him?

I like when she said she love them all, just because finally the silly love triangle plot is over.
    end of spoilers

Fantastic Member

spoilers:
    I think the main problem of this TT run is so many things happened on little time so when we face one problem, before we can fully process it they jump into problem two and problem three, then after that when they try to go back discussing problem number 1 reader, or perhaps it just me, just thought that it was long overdue, especially the plot when the team disagree with him and leave him is already used on secret prison conclusion.
    I don't like the way Djinn put her word, she said that she's finally free, and her days of forcing other people to do something they didn't want to is over. Sounds like it purely because of Damian she brainwashed those villain. I mean, how did Damian know that she has power to brainwash unless she told him?

I like when she said she love them all, just because finally the silly love triangle plot is over.
    end of spoilers
    I don't think Glass' run is bad overall. But the pacing is often all over the place. I don't think he should have taken this long to end the prison arc. Also, I think the writing for Djinn could have been better. She clearly cares for all of her teammates especially Damian and Crush. I don't view it as Djinn being mad at Damian but more at herself for going against her own mortals. She had a moment of anger and leaves hoping that her friends will make choices that they can live with. When she does eventually come back I hope that they finally give her a name.

Yeah it's a little weird, referring to her by her species name like she's a pokemon. Especially when this arc introduced other djinns who do have names. At the very least, she could have been called "Sila". Still a little too on the nose, but better.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah it's a little weird, referring to her by her species name like she's a pokemon. Especially when this arc introduced other djinns who do have names. At the very least, she could have been called "Sila". Still a little too on the nose, but better.
    I like the name Sophia it's a Turkish name and I think it would suit Djinn.

All that build up for...that.

spoilers:
    They go through Hell, then Heaven, Elias does a number on Gabriel the Archangel, the other angels seem powerless, but a group (not a team, a group) of angsty teens somehow get the drop on him. And... it ends. That was one of most abrupt endings to an arc I've seen. And Glass keeps digging that one hole of Damian's. At least Batman Beyond looks promising for Damian.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    It got glossed over but I said this a few pages ago the biggest issue the entire run was the prison and love triangle were the main consistent plot points this run. Other things had a tendency to be forgotten, resolved rather quickly, not expanded upon further, or give little explanation...

We finally address the brainwashing thing only for Djinn to say her power over them is gone, and it'll probably be forgotten now that Glass is done.

I'm not disapointed to see Djinn leave as it was obvious who "won't be making it back" but now that she is gone she can be less of a damsel to saved and distraction.

I noticed something...
    spoilers:
    Djinn and Jakeem left together. I wonder if Djinn will end up running with the Justice Society, Jakeem Thunder's usual team?
    end of spoilers

Also, do we think anyone new will join up? spoilers:
    If nobody does, it doesn't bode well for the future of the book. With Djinn gone, they're shorthanded.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I noticed something...
    spoilers:
    Djinn and Jakeem left together. I wonder if Djinn will end up running with the Justice Society, Jakeem Thunder's usual team?
    end of spoilers

Also, do we think anyone new will join up? spoilers:
    If nobody does, it doesn't bode well for the future of the book. With Djinn gone, they're shorthanded.
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, on an individual level, I liked these characters, but I would be so much happier with a TT team of Damian, Jon (as a kid), Maya, Kathy, and the West Twins at the very least. Some of the roster from this last run would be good fits, like Emiko as well.

So Robin, Superboy, Nobody, Beacon, Impulse II, Turtle (Doomsday Clock hinted that's what Jai would become) and Red Arrow?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman