Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
Yeah I understand. I also has a friend who know Damian from Supersons comic and horrified that Damian is...... darker than she thought. She refused to read current Teen Titans because of prison thing and when I tried to persuade her to read Terminus agenda because honestly for me that arc is amazing she just said 'what the heck he has a plan to kill all the prisoners! That's not Damian!'. But she loves RSOB and Batman & Robin. So I understand that most Damian's fans love to read his good potential, redemption and lighter side. And as much as I love to explore Damian's ruthless darker side, I also don't want him to lose his fanbase. Let's hope that my anti-hero imagination will not happen and DC let Damian develop toward goodness.
Its funny I was on Twitter the other day talking to someone who created a Damian Wayne reading list and they did not put Teen Titans on the list. They told me that they didn't put it on the list because they felt it took away Damian's character development. In my opinion I feel like that view is wrong. Characters development does not mean that a character will never have setbacks or struggles if that was the case what would a hero have to overcome to become greater than what they are in the moment. People forget that Damian is not the only Robin to under go setbacks for character development. If you read Nightwing during the 90s Dick was angry. In the the 2000s Tim while dealing with the death of Connor tries to clone him. Additionally, during the period when Bruce was thought dead beats up Stephanie Brown out of paranoia. I remember people being upset especially by the Tim's actions during this time but both of the series I mentioned are considered must read for Tim's development as a character. Red Robin and Teen Titans. Not every defining moment for your favorite character is going to be sunshine and rainbows if it was think about it would you still want to read?

Fiction often has a problem a hero has to overcome in Damian's case it's his relationship with Bruce and their separate views on crime. How can a character grow without overcoming any obstacles? They can't, that's why I never take the whole idea of Damian losing character development seriously.

Also remember a lot of these characters have existed for decades there will always be a interpretation of that character your not going to like throughout their history. But comics often go through cycles where the thing you like eventually become the norm for a character again. Also, remember this too a lot of comic book fans have short memories the moment that a character is given a writer they like or a well received run they are fans again.

So, I am really not worried about Damian's future.