Page 28 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 1061
  1. #406
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    1,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Same. And I care even less for this tease of Damian no longer being Robin. Nothing about either of those solicits really excites me. Especially since I'm about 80% sure Djinn is the one who's gonna die.
    I think that at most, Batman forcibly disbands the current roster and Damian goes his own way while keeping the Robin mantle. I suspect that Djin's 'death' will be one of those 'ascend to a higher plane of existence' or 'finally rest in peace' type deal...assuming that the death thing isn't just a fake out.

    But before I go any further, I need to get this off my chest:I AM SO TIRED OF TEEN TITANS/ TITANS CHARACTERS GETTING KILLED OFF FOR SHOCK VALUE IT IS TRIPE AND HACK WRITING!!!

    I don't even like this roster and I don't want anyone to die. I just want a Titans/TT run with no betrayals or character deaths, just heroes kicking ass and taking names as an actual TEAM.

  2. #407
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I think that at most, Batman forcibly disbands the current roster and Damian goes his own way while keeping the Robin mantle. I suspect that Djin's 'death' will be one of those 'ascend to a higher plane of existence' or 'finally rest in peace' type deal...assuming that the death thing isn't just a fake out.

    But before I go any further, I need to get this off my chest:I AM SO TIRED OF TEEN TITANS/ TITANS CHARACTERS GETTING KILLED OFF FOR SHOCK VALUE IT IS TRIPE AND HACK WRITING!!!

    I don't even like this roster and I don't want anyone to die. I just want a Titans/TT run with no betrayals or character deaths, just heroes kicking ass and taking names as an actual TEAM.
    Every time we get a teen titans roster! The time they actually get kinda close and feel like a team its already over!

  3. #408
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nah, Damian fires Bruce from Batman!
    This reminds me of Monkey D. Luffy's "I refuse your refusal!"

  4. #409
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Unless Annual 2 happens in the timeline earlier than Issue 41.

    In which case maybe Damian doesn't come back because he chooses to stay with Djinn. Leading into 5G with that being where his long lost sister needs to save him from.
    I thought that his long lost sister thing was for 2025..


    Ahhh.. I donīt want Djinn dead.. No please.

  5. #410
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I think that at most, Batman forcibly disbands the current roster and Damian goes his own way while keeping the Robin mantle. I suspect that Djin's 'death' will be one of those 'ascend to a higher plane of existence' or 'finally rest in peace' type deal...assuming that the death thing isn't just a fake out.

    But before I go any further, I need to get this off my chest:I AM SO TIRED OF TEEN TITANS/ TITANS CHARACTERS GETTING KILLED OFF FOR SHOCK VALUE IT IS TRIPE AND HACK WRITING!!!

    I don't even like this roster and I don't want anyone to die. I just want a Titans/TT run with no betrayals or character deaths, just heroes kicking ass and taking names as an actual TEAM.
    It doesn't say final issue, so there definitely will be an issue 42. If the team splits, it'll happen there, not in the annual.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  6. #411
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    458

    Default

    I want less depressing stuff in general. I want writers to build something instead of tearing everything down.

    For example: Alfred's death. Oh no Bruce is going to be depressed! Too bad he was already depressing to read for the previous 85 issues. The batfamily might fall apart, now that their heart is gone! ...didn't feel like a family for two years now anyway.

    In order to make me care about something breaking apart or leaving...you need to build something I care about first.

    The only reason I'm picking up Pennyworth Rip and the Detective Comics Annual is because of Tomasi. At least he did some work with Alfred, Bruce and Damian.
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-17-2020 at 10:41 AM.

  7. #412
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Every time we get a teen titans roster! The time they actually get kinda close and feel like a team its already over!
    Yeah, DC's really screwing up when it comes to them, and a lot of other comics recently. I don't really know where they're heading with all this.

  8. #413
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    hahahhaha imagine getting replaced by a space starfish thing
    Well in Justice League Batman does say that Jarro is the best Robin ever. So he would be getting replaced by the Best.

  9. #414
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I want less depressing stuff in general. I want writers to build something instead of tearing everything down.

    For example: Alfred's death. Oh no Bruce is going to be depressed! Too bad he was already depressing to read for the previous 85 issues. The batfamily might fall apart, now that their heart is gone! ...didn't feel like a family for two years now anyway.

    The only reason I'm picking up the Pennyworth Rip and Detective Comics Annual is because of Tomasi.
    This is actually the most apt description of the current Batfam there is. DC truly aren't building anything, I've been waiting for them to progress so many storylines and characters, but they've actually regressed them instead.

    The only good DC comic I read recently was Batman and the Outsiders.

  10. #415
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,370

    Default




    BATMAN BEYOND #43
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SEAN CHEN and SEAN PARSONS
    cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Terry McGinnis has his memories back, and he’s ready to resume his duties as Batman in Neo-Gotham. But as soon as he comes home, so does Goliath, the Man-Bat pet of Damian Wayne. What adventure with the heir of the Demon lies in store for Batman Beyond?
    ON SALE 04.22.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

  11. #416
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,290

    Default

    I'll be honest. I hope Damian will stop to be Robin, so Bruce has even less authority, even symbolic, over him. Damian doesn't deserve to hear shit from his oh so loving Daddy...

  12. #417
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'll be honest. I hope Damian will stop to be Robin, so Bruce has even less authority, even symbolic, over him. Damian doesn't deserve to hear shit from his oh so loving Daddy...
    The problem is that I don't believe that's the direction DC is going to take with this.
    Opposing Batman (No matter how shitty main universe Batman is) automatically means you're wrong and need to be punished.

  13. #418
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    20,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    BATMAN BEYOND #43
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SEAN CHEN and SEAN PARSONS
    cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Terry McGinnis has his memories back, and he’s ready to resume his duties as Batman in Neo-Gotham. But as soon as he comes home, so does Goliath, the Man-Bat pet of Damian Wayne. What adventure with the heir of the Demon lies in store for Batman Beyond?
    ON SALE 04.22.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    That was already posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    BATMAN BEYOND #43
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SEAN CHEN and SEAN PARSONS
    cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Terry McGinnis has his memories back, and he’s ready to resume his duties as Batman in Neo-Gotham. But as soon as he comes home, so does Goliath, the Man-Bat pet of Damian Wayne. What adventure with the heir of the Demon lies in store for Batman Beyond?


    He will return in Batman Beyond.

    Attachment 91806
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  14. #419
    Amazing Member Shen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I'll be honest. I hope Damian will stop to be Robin, so Bruce has even less authority, even symbolic, over him. Damian doesn't deserve to hear shit from his oh so loving Daddy...
    I've actually thought about this, and whilst I agree to an extent, I still think he's got a few years as Robin ahead of him. One of the points of becoming Robin is that it's a stage they go through in order to mature. They develop into the people they'll be in future, and with the way some people write Damian, it's gonna be a little while longer before he leaves the nest.

  15. #420
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Don't care for Jarro.

    I can't help but find him cute and bruce is good with him.
    I like his interactions with Batman. I don't like the best Robin thing. Yeah it's a gag but especially after All Star's Batman creating something better than Robin.
    A Joke can go too far.

    However it's not on Synder to write Batman as a better father to his kids that's on the Batbooks writers. Bruce can be written as positively as he is in JL. He just isn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •