Page 19 of 313 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Has he developed him though? He's had the book for how long and he has yet to give him a clear developed purpose or supporting cast. few characters have the luxury of having a steady writer for years and Lobdell has wasted it.

jason is still struggling with the same issues and insecurities since he came back re the family and Bruce. It's still unclear if he's a hero, anti-hero or villain.
    Lobdell isn't good for Jason because he can't make up his mind what the character should be.

He keeps teasing him as a Punisher type but then he writes that Jason will walk back his principals just for the luxury of wearing the bat brand. That robs the character of any agency.

Lobdell makes Jason inconsistent, indecisive and boring. I wish someone else would get a crack at the character. I'm so sick of him having issues with Bruce and the same old same old.

Jason by now should have a well developed and organic part of the DCU that he calls his own if lobdell had been a better writer with a clear vision for the character.

I used to enjoy the book but even when I found the book interesting I still noticed that the character was still dealing with the same issues that he always has and hasn't progressed.
    Jason is a clear hero. It was Bruce's lack of trust in Jason that lead to Jason's alienation from the family. He gave the way for the children of a Triad leader out of the life of crime (no strings attached), saved a farm community from Grundy-bots controlled by a powerful meta with deep connections to the criminal underworld (with Kate Kane's help, of course), and took in a bunch of meta-teens that had no choice before he came along. No one to look out for their well-being. He became a big brother to Bizarro and something else (family of some sort, at the very least) with Artemis.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Has he developed him though? He's had the book for how long and he has yet to give him a clear developed purpose or supporting cast. few characters have the luxury of having a steady writer for years and Lobdell has wasted it.

jason is still struggling with the same issues and insecurities since he came back re the family and Bruce. It's still unclear if he's a hero, anti-hero or villain.
    Lobdell isn't good for Jason because he can't make up his mind what the character should be.

He keeps teasing him as a Punisher type but then he writes that Jason will walk back his principals just for the luxury of wearing the bat brand. That robs the character of any agency.

Lobdell makes Jason inconsistent, indecisive and boring. I wish someone else would get a crack at the character. I'm so sick of him having issues with Bruce and the same old same old.

Jason by now should have a well developed and organic part of the DCU that he calls his own if lobdell had been a better writer with a clear vision for the character.

I used to enjoy the book but even when I found the book interesting I still noticed that the character was still dealing with the same issues that he always has and hasn't progressed.
    Exactly.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Say what you will about Lobdell on other series, but he's the one that brought about the Dark Trinity, developed Jason the most (and in the best way) since Flashpoint, made Jason into a very interesting character. Its about the only series I still truly enjoy since Rebirth ended.
    I remember hearing that the dark trinity was originally Geoff Johns' idea and that he had to push Lobdell to do it, but I might be wrong.

OK. Apparently THE OTHER is gone(I am not 100% convinced) and the next is Ellias. Crush is not under mind control anymore.

SPOILERS ABOUT DAMIAN.. It seems that there are WORST THINGS than be Batman.

spoilers:
    You will see him crying
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-15-2020 at 03:17 AM.

Yeah that issue went about as I expected.
    spoilers:
    Right down to everyone but Crush just.... forgiving Roundhouse and Damian even saying he doesn't need to apologise...which is laughable as **** but expected. Forgive him if you want to but don't stop him from saying sorry like this wasn't his fault xD
    end of spoilers

Anyway, I'm glad this Other stuff got wrapped up. Time to save Djinn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I remember hearing that the dark trinity was originally Geoff Johns' idea and that he had to push Lobdell to do it, but I might be wrong.
    Not push. Suggested.
    Lobdell went to ask about certain small characters and Johns suggested using Artemis and Bizarro. A thing that editors and higher do, I guess: they suggest characters to use.
    I've had the impression, going by interviews and stuff, that Lobdell only got the book again because he did have more control over it than before (iirc, that he was writing a script for a movie then). And he seemed to be in good terms with Johns then. But it's been almost 4 years since then, so perhaps I'm remembering wrong.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-15-2020 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I hope when this run of Teen titans ends. Djinn isn't dropped, I think she is an interesting character and I'd like to see her interact with Damian more in the future. Idea of them together has grown on me.

Would give Damian quite a unique love interest helping set him apart. Though I'd maybe wait till he is just a tad older.

Incredible Member

Not to be overdramatic, but if what I'm hearing about Legion #3 is true Bendis is dead to me. I'm so tired of this ****.

I wouldn't go that far but yeah, I'm not really looking forward to yet another evil version of Damian.

I wouldn't go that far but yeah, I'm not really looking forward to yet another evil version of Damian.
    Are we even sure it necessarily means evil Damian?

Both lines were extremely extremely vague. The Little Hitler thing could have just been a joke since Damian is a bit tyranical sometimes.

And the other line was also incredibly vague.

I wouldn't know. I've stayed true to my word and didn't read the issue. But everyone else who both liked and hated the book seem to think that's where this is heading. I'm hoping you're right and it's just a joke. But I don't out anything past Bendis. If he has the opportunity to do something unnecessary and unwanted, he seizes it

I wouldn't know. I've stayed true to my word and didn't read the issue. But everyone else who both liked and hated the book seem to think that's where this is heading. I'm hoping you're right and it's just a joke. But I don't out anything past Bendis. If he has the opportunity to do something unnecessary and unwanted, he seizes it
    image-109-1 (1).jpg

This is really all we have to go on. So while being evil is a possibility I dont think theres much point people getting annoyed until we have more information. And even if he did do something bad that doesn't necessarily mean he is not a hero. Maybe he is a hero who had the difficult choice of doing something bad for the greater good and went down as a villian for it.

Him going evil would kinda contradict the plans of Damian being sick or dead and needing saved by his long lost sister in 5G. so who knows.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    image-109-1 (1).jpg

This is really all we have to go on. So while being evil is a possibility I dont think theres much point people getting annoyed until we have more information. And even if he did do something bad that doesn't necessarily mean he is not a hero. Maybe he is a hero who had the difficult choice of doing something bad for the greater good and went down as a villian for it.

Him going evil would kinda contradict the plans of Damian being sick or dead and needing saved by his long lost sister in 5G. so who knows.
    A) I'm sick of this evil Damian thing. Period. I don't care how ambiguous it is.
    B) Calling him "Baby Hitler" is not something I take lightly.
    C) Doomsday Clock says Damian needs to be saved from something, it never said it was an illness or being dead. It could be saving him from "evil" or something similar stupid.
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-15-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah that issue went about as I expected.
    spoilers:
    Right down to everyone but Crush just.... forgiving Roundhouse and Damian even saying he doesn't need to apologise...which is laughable as **** but expected. Forgive him if you want to but don't stop him from saying sorry like this wasn't his fault xD
    end of spoilers

Roundhouse DID rescue the others. He apologized with his actions, not words. And frankly with how awful this entire team has been to each other, EVERYONE should apologize with actions and words.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    A) I'm sick of this evil Damian thing. Period. I don't care how ambigious it is.
    B) Calling him "Baby Hitler" is not something I take lightly.
    C) Doomsday Clock says Damian needs to be saved from something, it never said it was an illness or being dead. It could be saving him from "evil" or something similar stupid.
    ah my mistake I just assumed he had like a disease only his sister could cure or something. I guess it could be curing him from evil but Idk why you would especially need his long lost sister for that.