Page 72 of 313 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I don't think Damian or Djinn are dead and here is why. Teen Titans has certain tropes one of them being a team member leaving to figure out their new identity typically after a conflict involving or with their mentor. Think Wally or Dick in New Teen Titans both left the team for a bit before becoming the Flash and Nightwing. This explains Damian's absence from the book.

The other trope involves seemingly dead teammates Bart and Connor were both considered dead until they were brought back by the legion. Raven was thought to be dead at one point after a fight with Tigon if you want a older Titan example. I can't think of many Teen Titans characters that have stayed dead and that explains Djinn's absence. Glass and Thompson look like they are simply following the tropes of writing a Teen Titans book.
    I think its defo more likely he comes back with a new identity rather than dies.

A new identity could either end up succesful like Nightwing or Red Hood or flounder a bit like Drake.

I have faith Damian could thrive with a new codename! though I guess their is always a risk DC messses it up and the character doesnt recover! lets hope that doesnt happen

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think its defo more likely he comes back with a new identity rather than dies.

A new identity could either end up succesful like Nightwing or Red Hood or flounder a bit like Drake.

I have faith Damian could thrive with a new codename! though I guess their is always a risk DC messses it up and the character doesnt recover! lets hope that doesnt happen
    I don't know what to think about a new identity. He's only 13 years old, not like Dick or Jason who got a new identity that also showed that they're adults now.
    Honestly, I'm not really excited for any option that seems to be on the horizon, mostly because I don't see DC putting enough time and effort into making it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I don't know what to think about a new identity. He's only 13 years old, not like Dick or Jason who got a new identity that also showed that they're adults now.
    Honestly, I'm not really excited for any option that seems to be on the horizon, mostly because I don't see DC putting enough time and effort into making it work.
    wont be 13 years old once the 5g age ups happen though. I suspect at the end of the Teen Titans run we will see Damian return with a new identity which he will then use in 5G where im assuming he will aged up to 18 or 19?

wont be 13 years old once the 5g age ups happen though. I suspect at the end of the Teen Titans run we will see Damian return with a new identity which he will then use in 5G where im assuming he will aged up to 18 or 19?
    I'm kind of the mind that I wouldn't mind a Damian age up, especially if he matches up with Jon. He has been around long enough that it is odd to me that he is only 13. Obviously that will mean aging up Tim but I've been of the mind that Tim should probably be in his early to near mid 20's.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

...which would mean he would have a new identity at 13, which is exactly my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm kind of the mind that I wouldn't mind a Damian age up, especially if he matches up with Jon. He has been around long enough that it is odd to me that he is only 13. Obviously that will mean aging up Tim but I've been of the mind that Tim should probably be in his early to near mid 20's.
    Part of that time was in the middle of pre-Flashpoint and post-Flashpoint, which screwed around with about everyone's ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Part of that time was in the middle of pre-Flashpoint and post-Flashpoint, which screwed around with about everyone's ages.
    I mean Jon's only 16 right now, wouldn't hurt to just say Damian is 15 or 16. It's a matter of 2 to 3 years that they could add since his birthday in Rebirth.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I have a theory that Damian kills Jon in the future. Which is why the Legion of Superheroes would utterly hate him.

I think Damian is going to be forced into a situation where he has to do something bad for the greater good, which results in him being percieved as a villian by the world who don't know the full story even when it is wholly unfair.
    There's already a future BatHitler who does bad things for the greater good. Why do we need a rehash.

I think it was really shady for bendis to have The LOSH say this to Damian who he has called names on his social media.

He is writing YJ and started the HashtagTimDrakeisthebestRobin so you can't tell me he hasn't read TOT. He's taken Tim's Fascist batman from a alt universe and applied it to Damian in the main Universe and supported this bogus nickname with evidence that disproves the claim.

I din't think Damian is going to kill Jon. Forced or otherwise. Damian has killed lots before so don't need another Damian forced to kill or do something bad for the best intention.

Let Lois kill Jon that'd be much more original and fresh.

Also why does jon need to die?

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean Jon's only 16 right now, wouldn't hurt to just say Damian is 15 or 16. It's a matter of 2 to 3 years that they could add since his birthday in Rebirth.
    Actually, Jon's 17.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Since when has dc cared if your loved or not. That just means he would live forever
    DC wants profit. If the character is not accepted, then the character has to die.
    However, I do hope that what RVL_1996 (don't know how to reply to both of you at the same time) is true and they won't get him out of the way.
    Besides he is their favourite tool.

...which would mean he would have a new identity at 13, which is exactly my problem.
    I don't believe this is necessary. When he gets fired, it is more possible that he will spend time about spiritualness and self-balance/discovery. So he reappears with a new identity at an older age. In the meantime he could get a mentor, who could be like a father to him... I don't know, it would make sense to me to have this development.
    However, I do not stick with the comics that much nor do I know as much as you guys know.
    So my speculations are far from a possible truth.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    There's already a future BatHitler who does bad things for the greater good. Why do we need a rehash.

I think it was really shady for bendis to have The LOSH say this to Damian who he has called names on his social media.

He is writing YJ and started the HashtagTimDrakeisthebestRobin so you can't tell me he hasn't read TOT. He's taken Tim's Fascist batman from a alt universe and applied it to Damian in the main Universe and supported this bogus nickname with evidence that disproves the claim.

I din't think Damian is going to kill Jon. Forced or otherwise. Damian has killed lots before so don't need another Damian forced to kill or do something bad for the best intention.

Let Lois kill Jon that'd be much more original and fresh.

Also why does jon need to die?
    In my opinion DC should leave that Hitler thing alone.
    I feel like it is disrespectful using people's death in order to make an impression and increase the profit by ensuring that fans will buy the next issues, in order to understand the bomb you threw on the comics.
    Anyway, some things simply must not be touched.
    And any writer who has a preference or has a specific something against characters, then -simply- must not write canon things.
    They are hired in order to make the characters work on a plot or on a certain plan DC has about the way of things in the distant future and not to make their fanfiction a reality for the rest of us.
    As far as Damian is concerned, Bendis reminds me of King and his own one-sided view of things that only serves BatCat.

Also, no offence about the writers.
    Last edited by Yennefer; 02-27-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    I don't believe this is necessary. When he gets fired, it is more possible that he will spend time about spiritualness and self-balance/discovery. So he reappears with a new identity at an older age. In the meantime he could get a mentor, who could be like a father to him... I don't know, it would make sense to me to have this development.
    However, I do not stick with the comics that much nor do I know as much as you guys know.
    So my speculations are far from a possible truth.
    Of course DC could give Damian a new mentor and let him do some soul searching or whatever, I just don't think they want to put in the effort, not when they can use him as a) a lazy new antagonist or b) a tool to further Bruce's story. Or both.

(I forgot to answer with quotes and I don't know how to delete this post. I feel ridiculous)
    Last edited by Yennefer; 02-27-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Of course DC could give Damian a new mentor and let him do some soul searching or whatever, I just don't think they want to put in the effort, not when they can use him as a) a lazy new antagonist or b) a tool to further Bruce's story. Or both.
    Bruce gets to my nerves
    And I find his origin story more surreal than the whole DC universe. Don't ask me why, the answer will be solely logical and for some insensitive.
    Fact is that HE IS (unfortunately) the center of the universe and he is toxic (I think a writer said that too). Like a black whole that pulls everything into darkness.
    It was time Bruce moved on from this stage.
    Also, wth doesn't DC understand? xD
    Damian is a very relatable character.
    The classic story of the flawed antihero, struggling to find his moral path and his place into the world, sometimes with a twisted sense of Justice.
    The classic dilemma of goal and means...
    The classic story of youth wanting to change the world.
    Fight crime.
    And the classic story of a misunderstood, however and in fact great, hero...

( Etc. )
    Damian, with the background he has (batman as a father) had all the reasons to be both popular and spectacular.
    In the classic literature it was characters like Damian that stood out and survived through the decades, not characters like f.e. Dick.
    Because an already "perfect" (not entirely, but you get what I mean) character is completed and therefore boring.

(The fact that we all more or less agree with these and this post is actually a bit senseless.... But nonetheless I wanted to express how stupidly DC face things...)
    Last edited by Yennefer; 02-28-2020 at 04:02 AM. Reason: I missed a word and my message almost got racist