Page 65 of 313 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RLV_1996 View Post
    I meant more like sarcastic comments about things that he might not like in Dick’s gf, not setting her up or anything like that
    Not sure if that happened anywhere, but this seems like something Damian might do, IMHO
    Oh okay i get you he did do that to Kori in the comics but not while they were dating. I don't recall if he did that to Kori in the DCAU where they are dating.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Oh okay i get you he did do that to Kori in the comics but not while they were dating. I don't recall if he did that to Kori in the DCAU where they are dating.
    That’s interesting, perhaps he is more delicate in those things then I actually thought..

Batman Tales was a treat. The kids loved it.
    Hope we get more titles like these.

also this is a thing

I guess the Japanese fans really liked Batman ninja

You make a valid point that I neglected to consider. The future and coping.

Damian doesn't have the best coping mechanisms and he needs to remedy that at some point. The only problem is that Jason hasn't really learnt how to cope properly either I don't think but he has learnt to at least distance himself from toxic relationships. An important lessons that Damian needs to learn and master

In the future they might find some common ground I hope.
    Cass is also a bat who had the same issues AND is coping better. I think she'll be the one that Damian reaches out to. We already know he wants to get to know her better and seems to respect her skills.

I mean Damian what are Damian’s great skills ? We get his fear of being replaced but what also makes him likable ?
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 02-23-2020 at 04:59 PM.

I can’t remember which movie it was but I do remember a scene in one of the recent DCAMU movies that Damian was “cool” with Dick and Starfire, I think it might have been Judas Contract because they moved into together in that movie but could be wrong.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yea it was Judas Contract where Dick and Starfire moved in.

Alright, glad I managed to remember that. Personally I really like those movies and I also like where it honestly seems with every couple of movies Damian is getting older, he’s definitely older then he is in the comics for the art we’ve seen of him in Apokolips wars.

Although I will admit it’s a bit strange whenever in those films they hint at a relationship with him and Raven and then we see/think back to the comics that she’s definitely older then him. Though the dog scene at the end of Judas Contract between them was nice.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yea I thought that was weird. I wonder how would he act in a relationship? especially with Raven's power.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I can’t remember which movie it was but I do remember a scene in one of the recent DCAMU movies that Damian was “cool” with Dick and Starfire, I think it might have been Judas Contract because they moved into together in that movie but could be wrong.
    If we look at DCAMU, he was cool with Bruce and Selina dating either in Batman Hush, but he did call her a “trollop” and asked his dad to cover his drink.

To be fair, he of all people should know what happened the last time Bruce accepted a drink from a love interest.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yea I thought that was weird. I wonder how would he act in a relationship? especially with Raven's power.
    Who knows really, when it comes to the animated movie universe I like that time moves forward and progresses so we essentially might end up with a Damian who is very different from the one we know in the comics. One who’s been around a few years, has aged, maybe gets a relationship, has a somewhat better relationship with Bruce, and is actually friends with the Teen Titans somewhat. Although I’d take a guess that he’s not gonna get along too well with animated movie verse Superboy/Conner then he would with Jon, something tells me Conner’s gonna get on his nerves.
    Words to live by.

I mean Damian what are Damian’s great skills ? We get his fear of being replaced but what also makes him likable ?
    Being enhanced his skill's range everywhere from his impressive artistic talents [musician, artist, actor, comedian] to technical and electrical skills like [building a flying car to hacking the JL data base] to animal whisperer [including mythical creatures like Dragons] to fighting skills to insane marksman skills to Super Detective skills to being able to will his vital organs to move/shift position.

Damian's skills are meme worthy and ridiculous. He is after all a parody of Batman's.

but his skills don't make him likeable. At least not to me. What makes him likable to me is his sense of humour, his spirit, his tenacity and his entire story.

He's a hero with a big heart
    He's generosity { He gives the best gifts both material and otherwise}
    He's love of animals and small kids
    he's flawed and he's human. Makes a lot of mistakes but doesn't ever stop trying.
    He's a fighter who just won't back down no matter the odds. great example the fight that led to his death in Batman Inc is to me his finest moment and has almost everything that makes him likeable. His Loyalty, love of small kids, big heart, fighting spirit, sense of humour, tenacity, courage, vulnerability and he's big genuine heart.

Most of all I find his strength inspirational. The kid has been through some **** and has a lot working against who he wants to be and how he wants others to treat him but he keeps fighting.

Plus the kid is funny as hell.

I did a whole essay on why I like the kid so much that's on the other Appreciation thread. I find and link it when I have the time.

[QUOTE=RLV_1996;4848924]
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I think you are right.

I am all for that all robins got fair treatment, they all have unique traits that should make it easy to distinguish them without unnessesary overshadowing.

But establishement of one character at the expense of others seems to be the way now in all comics in general. For most part, edittors or writers seems to unwilling to constribute time and effort for smooth transition of passing the mantle to next person, so new drama is created as reason, or character is simply written off.
    To be honest the only passing of mantle that I think was done poorly was Jason's to Tim. Robin Damian is the thing that got me into comics so this might sound odd but I think that Robin should have ended when Jason died or at least Bruce should have taken a significant amount of time off to mourn his son [Jason], cherish the son he still had [Dick] before endangering another person's son [Tim]

It was insensitive as hell.

Considering Raven's skill set I hope he keeps his sass in check

I like their relationship in that Universe. It doesn't have to be romantic just think it's cool that he found someone who gets him and can see him. Can see the real Damian