Page 134 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 4692
    All-New Member

I still don't know how I feel about Glass' new characters. Are they....popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Nightwing got a bullet on his head on Batman #55, then on Nightwing #50 it shows that Dick lost his memories because of it. On Nightwing annual #2, Damian tried to wake Dick up, and then he cried when he failed (even though actually Dick woke up a little bit). On that annual, Nightwing rejected Bat-family, under influence of Court of Owl. Our favorite emotionally constipated father and son thought that to bring dick's memories back and make him remember them as his family, they should show a clip when Dick get shot on the head. Boys, Waynes, shock therapy is not first-aid treatment. As expected, Dick's response of that clip is nothing but hostile.
    To be fair to Damian, he did say that he thought Bruce's idea to jog Ric's memories was bad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bluelolly View Post
    I have seen positive things about Djinn and Crush the two female characters. Roundhouse on the other hand I have either seen nothing about or negative feedback about. He really doesn't add much to the plot of the book.

I don't know if they are popular or not. I have seen people really liking Djinn and Crush's designs and their storylines but Roundhouse I don't really see much about him online so I mostly view people has being more indifferent about his character.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 05-26-2020 at 10:44 PM.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluelolly View Post
    Not at all... they're still new.

I only really liked Roundhouse out of the three, though you read this thread it's the exact opposite among the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Elias' defeat did seem a little...I don't wanna say unearned but...a little too easy. It was nice seeing the whole team feel like a team for once. But the whole thing was kinda anticlimactic, all things conisdered. Combine that with the very abrupt segue into the next arc and I just don't know how to feel. Like I said before, I didn't hate this. It just...could have been better. Losing the best character in this run doesn't help matters either.
    The whole thing was anticlimatic and I was already feeling underwhelmed by The Other. Glass is building up to these big reveals and confrontations and then they aren't doing a lot for me when they happen.
    The team feeling like a team for once was ruined for me by the ending. I don't recall Damian forcing her to brainwash people so honestly, if she pulls things like that I'm glad Djinn's gone.
    The way the team all make themselves sound like they were only victims of Damian as if we didn't see them go along with his plans is annoying and Damian suddenly implying they should kill criminals comes out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-26-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    In my honest opinion, at this point give Damian a new team, old members or new members, is a bad idea. Because that means they should do team building from the beginning, with some add of conflict, and honestly I kinda fed up of that. Especially when those buildings are getting ruined for the sake of plot, and high possibility Damian will be the cause of that. And I noticed that whenever they tried to put Damian on team, it ends with he's excluded from the team and/or the team ganged up against him. I know that he's divisive and has zero social skill, that's part of his charm, but this is getting ridiculous.

Perhaps he just isn't ready for team dynamic. I noticed that he works best on duo, like Dick and Damian, Bruce and Damian, Supergirl and Damian, Steph and Damian, Colin and Damian, Huntress and Damian, Maya and Damian, and of course Jon and Damian. Hell, even Slade and Damian is better than his team.
    Some of those characters are why I proposed Jon, Maya, Kathy, and (how could I forget?) Colin. Characters that know Damian can be difficult at times, and sometimes needs to be steered back on course, but know he has good intentions.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I... really liked the ending of the issue.

I know I'm in a very small minority, but at this point, I think it's best for Damian to distance himself completely from Batman (relinquishing the Robin mantle) and becoming his own thing, be it anti-hero or even anti-villain. I'd take a Priest solo of Damian like his Deathstroke over Damian remaining a part of the Batfamily or being paired with Jon or Kathy (urh, seriously, those sucks and make him a pathetic wimp in the process).
    Hello fellow minorities! Him distancing from Batman and make his own anti-hero name is my jam. I even have headcanon on my head, with my own design of his costume, his logo, his operation, et cetera.

But my main problem of this issue is why, why they made it as if Damian is the one who purely completely at fault on brainwashing method? Djinn brainwash them with her own consciousness, Kid Flash agree with that method because the villains look happy, Emiko is as passive as ever, Crush never said anything about that before but as usual she agrees with Djinn, and Roundhouse.... I agree with Kid Flash that he's like fungus, I need my Miconazole.

If Damian as an anti-hero or anti-villain is about as well-written as the path to it Glass did in this run then I don't even want to touch this idea with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    If Damian as an anti-hero or anti-villain is about as well-written as the path to it Glass did in this run then I don't even want to touch this idea with a stick.
    Oh no. Not Glass. Definitely not Glass. I think we have enough Glass for eternity. Maybe writers like Jurgens who created Demon's Head Damian, I really love his design and his characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I have seen positive things about Djinn and Crush the two female characters. Roundhouse on the other hand I have either seen nothing about or negative feedback about. He really doesn't add much to the plot of the book.

I don't know if they are popular or not. I have seen people really liking Djinn and Crush's designs and their storylines but Roundhouse I don't really see much about him online so I mostly view people has being more indifferent about his character.
    I have big hopes for Roundhouse when he betrayed Damian and the team but then Glass made him back to be silly fat clown of the team. Wait, not clown, clown has different meaning on DC universe. I also mostly indifferent about him, and perhaps he's on number two of my least favorite character on TT team (number one on my list is Djinn).

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    To be fair to Damian, he did say that he thought Bruce's idea to jog Ric's memories was bad.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that

Fantastic Member

I was thinking about how I would grade Glass' run on Teen Titans. If I would probably give Glass' a B-. I think he had a lot of interesting ideas that weren't excuted the best. The new characters he created especially Djinn and Crush for me were fun and added some variations in storytelling. However, I don't think he used that potential to it's full extent. The conclusion to Djinn War was what I was hoping for but it felt rushed and incomplete. But overall when thinking back about Glass' run on Teen Titans overall I enjoyed the vast majority of what I read it kept me on the edge of my seat and left me wanting to see more of this team. I don't think Glass' handles Damian's character in the best way during his run which is why I added the minus in stead of a B. But, I didn't hate the run and certainly don't think Glass isn't a talented writer. He took a risk with his run that I don't think many writers would have done especially when establishing new characters and a new team. I respect him for being a risk taker in his writing. Often comics became stale because writers and publishers aren't willing to do anything new. While his conclusion and his writing of Damian weren't the choices I would have made I enjoyed Adam Glass run on Teen Titans. I wish him the best in whatever project he starts next.
    Now I am looking forward to what Thompson will do with his run.

Is Damian showing up in any Batbooks? Or is he just in Teen Titans?

He'll likely be showing up in Joker War. Aside from that his appearances in Bat books have been pretty sporadic. As far as I can tell, he and Bruce still aren't in a good place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    Is Damian showing up in any Batbooks? Or is he just in Teen Titans?
    Batman Beyond
    Batman
    Detective comics
    And occasionally Nightwing