Page 202 of 313 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    May want to fix that. cbr has had some real strange censorship things on posting images.
    Always I try to post image from my celphone this doesn't work, but so I reposted from my PC.
    But should I delete this because is not a comic related image?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Always I try to post image from my celphone this doesn't work, but so I reposted from my PC.
    But should I delete this because is not a comic related image?
    Nah you can post images that aren't comic book related as long as is conected to what you are talking about....i think.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Nah you can post images that aren't comic book related as long as is conected to what you are talking about....i think.
    okok thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Not only was Red Robin Fine but he had success with it. I don't think the higher ups are invested in Tim. He has fans behind the scene but I don't think the decision makers have eyes on him.

Why else would such a stupid name ever be allowed? Unless they already decided to let him share Robin so were doing it as a gag as some have been speculating on line
    I think maybe who decided/ approved this name have a dumb humor sense like me (=___=)/ but other person really should 've stopped this.

Astonishing Member

No DC can't do that.

Batman is the 3rd biggest comic property in the world only recently pushed into 3rd place by the MCU.

Batman is the reason why DC comics is still in publication.
    You are asking WB to mess with one of the biggest intellectual Properties in the world for what is essentially scrubs [compared to batman].

DC will never mess with Batman just so lesser properties make sense. That's not how business works.
    You don't mess around with your cash cow for the some obsolete milkers

DC doesn't want Batman to be past late 30's.

The reaction fans had to that time line that had Real age character indicates that most don't want to see these characters grow up.

Dick's daughter? Please no. Fans are divided on his true love. We don't need a daughter who adds no much but pisses off half the Nightwing Fan base.
    This is true. DC won't mess with Batman popularity.

Big fans of Batman don't want him to be too old either. It is usually fans of other Bat family member who want this, because they want their own favorite characters are allowed to grow a bit more.

Comics aren't like manga sadly
    To be clear, characters growing isn't common in manga either

There are many manga where the characters remain at the same age all its run. And even stories where the characters grow up, they will hardly be over 30 (if they are over 20).

No DC can't do that.

Batman is the 3rd biggest comic property in the world only recently pushed into 3rd place by the MCU.

Batman is the reason why DC comics is still in publication.
    You are asking WB to mess with one of the biggest intellectual Properties in the world for what is essentially scrubs [compared to batman].

DC will never mess with Batman just so lesser properties make sense. That's not how business works.
    You don't mess around with your cash cow for the some obsolete milkers

DC doesn't want Batman to be past late 30's.

The reaction fans had to that time line that had Real age character indicates that most don't want to see these characters grow up.

Dick's daughter? Please no. Fans are divided on his true love. We don't need a daughter who adds no much but pisses off half the Nightwing Fan base.

Comics aren't like manga sadly
    less than 30's is so exagered :/ Ok, he can not became 55, but 30's is too young :/

In my opinion Batman will fall sometime, because the younger genation will like more the younger heroes. Star wars move foward, the past language make no sense, I think Bruce is not a hero for younger generation like he was to the old one.

Marvel had overcome DC for some reason. I don't think keep a same idea forever is the best way for earn money. I was so full of listen people saying "Deadpool will never be made because people are not used with a anti-hero in movie theater", "Black Panter will not make sucess because never was a black protagonist hero", "spiderman in Spider Verse will not win the Oscar because the academy will never give a Oscar for a movie about comics", "Joker can't be a good movie because is a Batman Movie without Batman", "Teen Titans Go is not good and will be cancelled soon", "BTS will never win the BillBoard because they are Korean", "Parasite will never win the Oscar because thi is not a ocidental movie".
    The best DC animation avaliation in IMDB is Under the Red Hood, changes happens.

Damian, Helena and Kori are like Batman Beyond: next generation, can't not be so popular as Batman, but sell animation, comics, merchandising.

Astonishing Member

less than 30's is so exagered :/ Ok, he can not became 55, but 30's is too young :/

In my opinion Batman will fall sometime, because the younger genation will like more the younger heroes. Star wars move foward, the past language make no sense, I think Bruce is not a hero for younger generation like he was to the old one.

Marvel had overcome DC for some reason. I don't think keep a same idea forever is the best way for earn money. I was so full of listen people saying "Deadpool will never be made because people are not used with a anti-hero in movie theater", "Black Panter will not make sucess because never was a black protagonist hero", "spiderman in Spider Verse will not win the Oscar because the academy will never give a Oscar for a movie about comics", "Joker can't be a good movie because is a Batman Movie without Batman", "Teen Titans Go is not good and will be cancelled soon", "BTS will never win the BillBoard because they are Korean", "Parasite will never win the Oscar because thi is not a ocidental movie".
    The best DC animation avaliation in IMDB is Under the Red Hood, changes happens.

Damian, Helena and Kori are like Batman Beyond: next generation, can't not be so popular as Batman, but sell animation, comics, merchandising.
    The younger generation could like new heroes (in fact, that happened with New Teen Titans for a while).

However, Batfamily members (including young Batfamily members) are too connected to Batman. If Batman falls he will probably drag each member of the Batfamily with him.

Batman is likely one of my less favorite members in the Batfamily, but I won't deny he supports the popularity of the members in the group.

PS: That a younger generation likes younger heroes is another reason why DC doesn't want Batman to be too old.

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The younger generation could like new heroes (in fact, that happened with New Teen Titans for a while).

However, Batfamily members (including young Batfamily members) are too connected to Batman. If Batman falls he will probably drag each member of the Batfamily with him.

Batman is likely one of my less favorite members in the Batfamily, but I won't deny he supports the popularity of the members in the group.

PS: That a younger generation likes younger heroes is another reason why DC doesn't want Batman to be too old.
    I expressed my self not very well.
    This "fall" is not a "total fall"... hummm.
    Batman can always keep going, and be the principal DC's focus, but he can't stagnate other characters if we want to read (want = pay for).
    Like, Batman sell more than Batgirl, but there is enough people wanting read Batgirl's focused stories for DC produce her comics. Instead of thinking "we don't need to do Batgirl's comic because it will never sell more than Batman" they got this is what many people wanted. So now many peoples buy batgirl AND Batman. We can buy DCeased (with the new trio) and Batman with the old one, I can read/ watch a storie when Bruce is 55 and there is older Damian and the kids I want and read/watch the 30's Bruce.

This is good for moments we need a break too, I like the normal story way, but was so good read Lil' Gotham, "#Bruce wayne is a good father" isn't a popular fanfics tag for nothing.

Amazing Member

Dick's age when he met Bruce has changed several times: he has been 8, 10, 12 and 15 years old.

Duck Boy XD
    But if the story continue for, like, 8 more years, Tim will be a 25 years Robin, they can write a great motive for this, but I don't know.

Don't need to be Drake, he can be another cool bird, or animal, or have a Detective name, it would focus in Tim best quality. He don't need to choose between Robin, Red Robin and Drake. Even insects like a moth can be cool. DC would make Tim's say "I finally get my identity as a hero, I didn't know very well who I was before, but even this mistakes, everytime my codename don't work, is part of who I became and yada yada yada.
    He is smart, leal, not so strong. "Hummingbird" is a cool name in english? Or a "swallow"? Robin is not the most cool bird of the bird's world anyway.
    You guys 've convinced me that Drake is a stupid name, but I will miss the brown yellow outfit...
    Swallow was the name of Tim's Amalgam with Jubilee.

Hummingbird is already the name of a Marvel teen hero. Scarlet Spider's sidekick, and a New Warrior. Her most recent appearance was in Champions #6 last year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Swallow was the name of Tim's Amalgam with Jubilee.

Hummingbird is already the name of a Marvel teen hero. Scarlet Spider's sidekick, and a New Warrior. Her most recent appearance was in Champions #6 last year.
    Damn it D-:< !!!

Hello...
    Could someone write down in which titles Damian Wayne is now in??
    I know for sure TT and BB....
    Thank you... Hope you are all safe❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Hello...
    Could someone write down in which titles Damian Wayne is now in??
    I know for sure TT and BB....
    Thank you... Hope you are all safe❤️❤️
    Upcoming Detective Comics
    DCeased: Dead Planet
    Dceased: Hope at worlds end
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I never understood why they would not do the simplest and most convenient retcon regarding Damian's age - to make it so that Bruce met Talia before he became Batman, during his travels and training, and to make Talia get pregnant secretly from him during that period. Then everything will fit very conveniently into the timeline.
    But in general, this stupid excuse of DiDio "he will be too old!!!" this is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever heard and hope that after his departure, it will follow him. There is nothing wrong with Bruce being around forty or maybe even forty-five.
    Current Batman not being 40-50 is a mistake with all the proteges he has. It makes him look like an irresponsible mentor(which he has been for a long time, even without the age issue).

Heck wouldn’t an easy thing to do be that when he died in Snyder’s endgame his reborn body was younger then when he died? I mean they did something similar in Dark Knight III Master Race, so I’m sure an age reduction wouldn’t be too upsetting.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.