Page 184 of 313 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 4692
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How exactly is a 13 year old boy suppose to be a threat to Batman? What resources does he have that doesn't come from Bruce, Talia or Ra's? This story will require a lot of suspension of belief for anyone to think Damian is a viable/credible threat to Bruce.
    Maybe Batman's "threat" will be Damian reminding him he needs to step up and be a father?

....a girl can dream.....

How exactly is a 13 year old boy suppose to be a threat to Batman? What resources does he have that doesn't come from Bruce, Talia or Ra's? This story will require a lot of suspension of belief for anyone to think Damian is a viable/credible threat to Bruce.
    Agreed. The only way he stands a chance is that Bruce would be reluctant to lay the smack down on his young kid. It's going to be more emotional than a physical battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    Maybe Batman's "threat" will be Damian reminding him he needs to step up and be a father?

....a girl can dream.....
    Every step forward one author makes on that, another takes 3 steps back.

He doesn't need much resources, really.

Having one of his kids going rogue will hurt Batman no matter who it is, but Damian will be particularly scatting : he has to know he has been letting him down and that this lack of supervision led to Damian turning on him and his methods. And Damian has intimate knowledge of many of Batman's secrets. He knows who to threaten and how, how to escape from the eyes of the Bat-family and for a near fourteen year old he is extremely skilled and deadly, with far more practical knowledge in that kind of stuff.

He doesn't need money to threaten Bruce. Him going to the jugular is already a dangerous blow to Batman, because it can basically upset any hope Bruce has that he can build a healthy family.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I went a little too far, probably, but in general they tend to try to get rid of things that meet strong resistance. There are, of course, exceptions like One More Day, but they are somehow more willing to following the audience's reaction.
    If this were true they would've undone a lot of creative directions faster than they did.

Bruce barley gave Damian the benefit of the doubt to begin with, its Dick who his turn would really hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Bruce barley gave Damian the benefit of the doubt to begin with, its Dick who his turn would really hurt.
    That's sadly quite true.

In truth, I wonder how Damian's turn will change the Bat-family. I can see a Jason who, going solo again, would returns to a more lethal methods to deal with crime, he's never been shy about killing people before. Just please, not insane trigger happy Red Hood from the Morrison era and I'll be happy.

Tim will obviously side with Bruce no matter what and will probably be quite happy to be Robin again. I could see Batwoman taking a somewhat supportive view of Damian's new approach, but only to a point. Batgirls of all stripes (Babs, Cass and Steph) will probably be against him. Huntress may side with him and Duke could go either ways I guess, considering the way he's been in BatO ?

But Dick will be devastated because all the hard work he did to help Damian will have been destroyed by Bruce's horrible ways to living with his son...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I wonder if Damian is going to the whole anti hero route will he go at it alone or will he have a partner. I think maybe he gets Djinn since she also left the Titans. Also, Djinn would give him some extra muscle and she would feel some responsibility for Damian going in this direction. She would probably go with him to keep him from going to far. Maya wouldn't since she is traveling the multiverse and wouldn't agree with his methods at all. Djinn isn't against using fear as shown with her interactions with Emiko and Joystick. Not to mention she isn't scared to stand up to Damian if she thinks he's wrong.
    Djinn doesn't feel responsible for Damian going this direction, in fact, it pissed me off a lot that she and Damian were together in the brainwashing but in the moment to take responsibility she blamed on Damian and it was almost literally 'Damian forced me to do it'.

I'm still salty about it.

Having Damian going rogue will hurt Batman for a little while until DC will find a way to not make it Batman's fault, I mean Batman's mistake will be making Damian Robin when he shouldn't have done it because Damian was violent, his nurturing, the genetic manipulation used to create Damian, the Al Ghul's blood and Damian's choices, at the end DC will state it's Damian's fault because he couldn't follow Batman's path.
    Last edited by Dazai_Osamu; 07-17-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Fantastic Member

Dick would be devastated by Damian becoming an anti hero. While Barbara I imagine would be more upset with Bruce for his crap parenting leading Damian towards this. Jason probably wouldn't care and Tim as always will side with Bruce. Although, I also think Dick wouldn't be too happy with Bruce's parenting of Damian in his absence either.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Djinn doesn't feel responsible for Damian going this direction, in fact, it pissed me off a lot that she and Damian were together in the brainwashing but in the moment to take responsibility she blamed on Damian and it was almost literally 'Damian forced me to do it'.

I'm still salty about it.
    Yeah, I found that writing decision really weird. See also says that she loves Damian and Crush in the same issue. It just feels like Glass had her say that just to rush her out of the book so Thompson can easily do whatever he has planned. It went from you forced me to do this but I also love and care about you it was a strange choice to write Djinn that way.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    He doesn't need much resources, really.

Having one of his kids going rogue will hurt Batman no matter who it is, but Damian will be particularly scatting : he has to know he has been letting him down and that this lack of supervision led to Damian turning on him and his methods. And Damian has intimate knowledge of many of Batman's secrets. He knows who to threaten and how, how to escape from the eyes of the Bat-family and for a near fourteen year old he is extremely skilled and deadly, with far more practical knowledge in that kind of stuff.

He doesn't need money to threaten Bruce. Him going to the jugular is already a dangerous blow to Batman, because it can basically upset any hope Bruce has that he can build a healthy family.
    Do you think there is a possibility that in his opposition to Bruce he pushes him to far, that he crosses a line that makes their strained relationship beyond repair? And how strongly will Bruce respond to whatever actions Damian takes. As skilled as Damian is he is not in Batman's league, but his one trump card may be Bruce's reluctance to "fight" his son. Perhaps others will have to fight on Bruce's behalf because he cannot bring himself to, especially a kid.

Do you think there is a possibility that in his opposition to Bruce he pushes him to far, that he crosses a line that makes their strained relationship beyond repair? And how strongly will Bruce respond to whatever actions Damian takes. As skilled as Damian is he is not in Batman's league, but his one trump card may be Bruce's reluctance to "fight" his son. Perhaps others will have to fight on Bruce's behalf because he cannot bring himself to, especially a kid.
    Yeah, that one didn't go so well for Jason, remember? Granted, Jason was a bit older than Damian is now, but still.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, that one didn't go so well for Jason, remember? Granted, Jason was a bit older than Damian is now, but still.
    Jason is a grown man. Damian is a child. There is certainly a difference here.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I wonder if Damian is going to the whole anti hero route will he go at it alone or will he have a partner. I think maybe he gets Djinn since she also left the Titans. Also, Djinn would give him some extra muscle and she would feel some responsibility for Damian going in this direction. She would probably go with him to keep him from going to far. Maya wouldn't since she is traveling the multiverse and wouldn't agree with his methods at all. Djinn isn't against using fear as shown with her interactions with Emiko and Joystick. Not to mention she isn't scared to stand up to Damian if she thinks he's wrong.
    Wasn't Djinn seen leaving with Jakeem Thunder? JSA seems like a more likely place for her to show up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't Djinn seen leaving with Jakeem Thunder? JSA seems like a more likely place for her to show up.
    I forgot about that. Please let her become BFFs with Stargirl that is all I want now. I think she would fit in really well with the JSA.