Page 297 of 313 FirstFirst ... 197247287293294295296297298299300301307 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,455 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I admit, this is me since the age-up happened;

It is just wrong seeing Jon approving Damian looking like his a man approaching a kid.

Such a bone-heading decision aging him up the way they did.

Spectacular Member

Yeah I know. I hope they reverse it with Bendis leaving and all

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Yeah I know. I hope they reverse it with Bendis leaving and all
    I think Challenge of the Super Sons could be a sign that they are going to reverse it, even with it taking place in the past, since people have made their opinions on Bendis' age up pretty clear.
    Then again, this could also be DC trying to have it both ways, which I'm not a fan of.
    I hope the solicitations for March will clear up a lot of the uncertainty that surrounds Jon and Damian's roles in main continuity right now.

I really hope that Challenge of the Super sons is here to appease ian fans everywhere and DC carries on with Damian and teen Jon in the future. I mean, I just read what Tomasi has posted on twitter and, yeah, I hate this series already. It's as if he had forgotten everything which had made his Batman and Robin stellar, especially when it came to Damian, so I'm really starting to feel that it was Gleason who knew what he was doing with the boy...

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I really hope that Challenge of the Super sons is here to appease ian fans everywhere and DC carries on with Damian and teen Jon in the future. I mean, I just read what Tomasi has posted on twitter and, yeah, I hate this series already. It's as if he had forgotten everything which had made his Batman and Robin stellar, especially when it came to Damian, so I'm really starting to feel that it was Gleason who knew what he was doing with the boy...
    What did he post exactly?

Ian Wayne/The polar shield project is a completely different thing that has nothing to do with Tomasi.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    What did he post exactly?
    Tomasi dared to post part of the script of page 2 from the first issue of Challenge of the Super Sons on his twitter account.
    Jon and Damian are sitting in a library and doing schoolwork.
    It's really not a big deal, but Korath apparently thinks Damian doing normal stuff before the story kicks off is a crime.

I said it in the Jon thread too but its probably more appropriate here:

Of all things Tomasi's done with those two, I always thought putting them in school together was a bit much. Especially that one story that showed them in the same class. I don't know how private middle schools work but I didn't start taking classes with people in different grades until I was in high school.

For Damian, in particular, any kind of grade schooling just feels like a massive waste of time. He knows more than the teachers and the odds of him socializing with anyone but Jon in any meaningful way is slim to none. It's a cute set up, I guess, but it feels more like a dick move on Bruce's part lol

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Tomasi dared to post part of the script of page 2 from the first issue of Challenge of the Super Sons on his twitter account.
    It's really not a big deal, but Korath apparently thinks Damian doing normal stuff before the story kicks off is a crime.
    Way to ignore that, as always with super sons, Damian is the one being laughed at, not the one we laugh with. Which is why I call those versions of him who appears in any Supersons books Ian. Because they are just here to be pathetic, being ridiculed and generally speaking being unfuriatingly inept at anything.

Case in point : Damian refusing to be rendered unconscious when it is needed or him drooling and mulbling while speaking as his first appearance in the new series.

It sucks, it's detrimental to his whole character and progression but instead peoples prefer to lose their mind over TT where he was heroic and finally decided that he alone had the right to decide who he was.

Add to that the fact that Kid Jon's already exhausted allost any storyline worth having with this kind of character and it doesn't bode well for Damian because he's clearly here for the slapstick comedy and nothing more.

Way to ignore that, as always with super sons, Damian is the one being laughed at, not the one we laugh with. Which is why I call those versions of him who appears in any Supersons books Ian. Because they are just here to be pathetic, being ridiculed and generally speaking being unfuriatingly inept at anything.

Case in point : Damian refusing to be rendered unconscious when it is needed or him drooling and mulbling while speaking as his first appearance in the new series.

It sucks, it's detrimental to his whole character and progression but instead peoples prefer to lose their mind over TT where he was heroic and finally decided that he alone had the right to decide who he was.

Add to that the fact that Kid Jon's already exhausted allost any storyline worth having with this kind of character and it doesn't bode well for Damian because he's clearly here for the slapstick comedy and nothing more.
    Dick Grayson went 30+ years before he got aged up. So saying another kid character "exhausted almost everytime storyline worth having this kind of character in" doesn't really work.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I said it in the Jon thread too but its probably more appropriate here:

Of all things Tomasi's done with those two, I always thought putting them in school together was a bit much. Especially that one story that showed them in the same class. I don't know how private middle schools work but I didn't start taking classes with people in different grades until I was in high school.

For Damian, in particular, any kind of grade schooling just feels like a massive waste of time. He knows more than the teachers and the odds of him socializing with anyone but Jon in any meaningful way is slim to none. It's a cute set up, I guess, but it feels more like a dick move on Bruce's part lol
    Children go to school to learn more than what their teachers tell them. Even if Damian is antisocial, he'll have to socialize more for classes and give him non-superhero related side characters.

I agree him going to the same school as Jon is a bit much. It's not like a friendship across different schools is that hard to believe and isn't supersons Jon much younger than Damian?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Children go to school to learn more than what their teachers tell them. Even if Damian is antisocial, he'll have to socialize more for classes and give him non-superhero related side characters.

I agree him going to the same school as Jon is a bit much. It's not like a friendship across different schools is that hard to believe and isn't supersons Jon much younger than Damian?
    Yeah, they're 3 years apart. If I had to guess, Jon would be just starting middle school, whereas Damian should be in his last year of it.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, they're 3 years apart. If I had to guess, Jon would be just starting middle school, whereas Damian should be in his last year of it.
    Damian has college level intellect

Built flying cars,

He should go to school with Wally 2 and Tim drake not Jon

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Damian has college level intellect

Built flying cars,

He should go to school with Wally 2 and Tim drake not Jon
    College level intellect Damian claims to have 3 PhD's. He should be a University professor. The issue where his teacher is pissed because Damian's Essay forced her to do some additional research just to grade his appear because Damian went OTT in his quest for additional credit had me in stitches.

Damian isn't attending School to learn. Bruce sent him so he can learn how social interactions work plus the added bonus of getting to experience life as a real boy doing regular normal stuff.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I think what Korath meant is the "drool" and "snores". Damian has moved past his rigid sleeping posture around people whom he trust but he's still has a high pride, it's unlikely that he will let himself to look that....memeable on library when everyone can enter, even if he's only pretending. Tomasi pulled the same stint on B&R when Damian was asleep on table with chicken mush on his mouth, but at least only Bruce and Alfred who watched it. I already accept that Damian is Agent Carter for Jon's Inspector Lee, so I don't really mind that, but it's understandable that other Damian's fans like Korath has problem with it.
    For me I'll ignore it and reserve my judgement until I see the storyline. As Death Note fans I kinda interested with Doom Scroll plot.

I think they're on the same class only on Robin anniversary. On regular Supersons issue, looks lije they're on different class. For example when Damian answered teacher's question and his classmate threw things on him because he was excluded on teacher's quiz, there's no mention of Jon and his reaction.
    Indeed Damian doesn't need school, but enrolled him on grade higher than his age with people way older than him as his peer will only repeat what exactly the problem with Percy's TT. Kinda like Young Sheldon but with more blood. I think Damian is encouraged to have normal friend on his age, even though it doesn't yet successful.