Page 152 of 313 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156162202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 4692
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    If they make Tim Robin again he's officially the guy who can't evolve and move on.
    How old is he right now? 17?
    It would actually be a pretty sad statement about his character if DC makes him Robin again.
    But Bendis making terrible decisions is nothing new I guess.
    No the guy who cant move on is officially KON EL and probably IMPULSE.

Tim at least has a history...Kon Els history is complicated and MOST of his history seems to be completely erased...(not remembering Kellex etc.)

Astonishing Member

By the way, Tynion likes Tim. With Damian quitting and becoming something else, he really can be used as Robin after Joker War. It's another example of stagnation, but it really can happen. Anyway, it's, probably, the biggest problem with Damian is because each Batman writer just not interested in character. Snyder didn't want to write him and obviously wanted to have Duke as Robin, and I'm sure he was pissed by his ressurection. King doesn't care about anyone expect Selina. And Tynion, as I said, likes Tim more, but in this case I believe he's better option that the first couple.
    And there is a positive here. If Damian really becomes completely independent, it is possible that they will do an ongoing about him next year.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-17-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post

Tim at least has a history...Kon Els history is complicated and MOST of his history seems to be completely erased...(not remembering Kellex etc.)
    I was talking about the bat-family. But yes, Bendis is currently using several characters this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, Tynion likes Tim. With Damian quitting and becoming something else, he really can be used as Robin after Joker War. It's another example of stagnation, but it really can happen. Anyway, it's, probably, the biggest problem with Damian is because each Batman writer just not interested in character. Snyder didn't want to write him and obviously wanted to have Duke as Robin, and I'm sure he was pissed by his ressurection. King doesn't care about anyone expect Selina. And Tynion, as I said, likes Tim more, but in this case I believe he's better option that the first couple.
    And there is a positive here. If Damian really becomes completely independent, it is possible that they will do an ongoing about him next year.
    The problem I see with Damian going independent is that I don't ever see him breaking free from Batman, even less than the other Robins.
    Damian is Bruce's bio son, he will never not be compared to Bruce or used to advance Bruce's story when DC feels like it.
    In a way you can see Glass' Teen Titans run as Damian going independent and Damian still ended up as a tool in King's Batman run and now Bruce is coming to confront him with the consequences of his actions.
    I don't expect this situation to change just because Damian stops being Robin.

It's not a case of Batman writers not liking him [both Synder and King use him more often than any other family members outside of Dick]

It's just that DC decided in the 90's to make Robin an independent hero. Robin hasn't been a regular in the Batman title since the 90's Robin series was introduced in the 90's. Morrison brought the dynamic duo back for Batman and Robin Reborn but that and Tomasi's Batman and Robin volumes were specials.

Other than that series the dynamic duo have really only been in outside titles and cross overs.

It really would be funny and poetic if Tim replaced Damian as Robin lol.

They may want to keep him there because of sales, probably. Without him it will be hard to sale with current line-up.
    But otherwise entire "Damian in Teen Titans" plot seems like complete failure. Damian failed as Titans member in Pre-Flashpoint era, he failed with the first team (if to be more precise, he just turned away from them even after all those words about "friends" etc) and now failed with the second team. And this is in contrast with Dick and Tim, for whom the Titans were a family, just like Batfamily, especially for Dick. And now we have Damian, who failed with them three freaking times (the third time was complete his damn team), because writers just for some reason don't want him to be on good terms with them. So, from a logical point of view, it's time to end it all, the whole point is that he's not the leader and not team player with others. Or change the damn approach to the team, maybe Tomasi could handle it, or someone else, and at the same time add Jon and Maya to the team, who at least could help his character.
    The problem is that all this stagnation of Damian is hurting the Titans themselves, who were simply turned into a group of toxic kids, although this very team should have been a ray of light and hope.
    It's not the writers it's Damian. He isn't a team player and he isn't good with people. he's like Bruce but worse due to age and upbringing [In the Animated movies, the brief for writing Damian was 'use the same type of dialogue and reactions as Batman. He's a 12 year old batman so kind of annoying.]

He only introduced to regular society 3 years ago and the concept of working together not dominating.

Actually its kind of logical that he gets called ROBIN.

If you read ACTION COMICS than you know that he identified himself to SUPERMAN as Robin,because he changed his identity during YJ and he is known to others as RED ROBIN or ROBIN.
    It's not logical since Superman also knew him as Red Robin. Imagine if all the Robins went around introducing themselves as Robin.

However I'm glad he didn't introduce himself as Drake.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It's not the writers it's Damian. He isn't a team player and he isn't good with people. he's like Bruce but worse due to age and upbringing [In the Animated movies, the brief for writing Damian was 'use the same type of dialogue and reactions as Batman. He's a 12 year old batman so kind of annoying.]

He only introduced to regular society 3 years ago and the concept of working together not dominating.
    Because writers write him this way. He is robin, robins always work in teams,

It really would be funny and poetic if Tim replaced Damian as Robin lol.
    I fail to see what would be funny about that.

His history before the final year of his solo is gone, yeah. He didn't remember Cadmus, who were involved in his origin, so that's both the Hawaii era and the Cadmus employee era gone. It's like he started out around the time he got his second costume, which happened in a retool not long before his book was cancelled.

Bart has an excuse though. Remember when Wally West emerged from the Speed Force as Kid Flash instead of Flash - and he later made a new Flash costume? Same thing happened to Bart, he emerged as Impulse instead of Kid Flash. They were both de-aged but retain their memories (unlike Conner, apparently). And Bart didn't change back to Kid Flash because Wallace West was already using the mantle. There was another Impulse, but she wasn't around (she came back in Flash Forward, which is after Bart came back). With Irey gone, he was free to take back the Impulse mantle. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Bart realises Irey is back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Actually its kind of logical that he gets called ROBIN.

If you read ACTION COMICS than you know that he identified himself to SUPERMAN as Robin,because he changed his identity during YJ and he is known to others as RED ROBIN or ROBIN.
    Then why Bendis give him new identity name, when in the end no one will use it? That's the part I don't understand about Tim's Bendis.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I think we've already established that Damian is a complete different Robin than his predecessor. Unlike Dick, Jason pre-crowbar, and Tim, Damian's character is too dominating, well that's expected when you combine control-freak Bruce genes with Daughter of Demons gene. He will never want to be underneath anyone, Ra's Talia, even Bruce, that's why we often see Damian and Bruce butting their heads like a pair of bulls. And that's why he gets along with Dick, because Dick as Batman never force Damian to accept him as his leader. And yes, Bruce's harsh and control freak attitude maybe make him look menacing, but combine that with 13 years old (and very short) body, the results is just a boy who is so annoying. Competent of course, but annoying. Sure he has his good, compassionate side, but you will not see it on him on first glance, and he will not show it to you on your first met. That's why he work best on duo, even though Dick found him annoying, Steph found him annoying, Jon found him annoying, they still stay on his side and slowly learn the goodness on his character. But on team, if Damian annoys you, you just can ignore him and hang out with other teammates you like more, and the result is Damian will be isolated from the team. Happened in all of his experience on 3 Teen Titans team.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-17-2020 at 04:41 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't mean he should accept everyone with open arms. I just don't understand their direction. At first, they allowed Tomasi to lead him along the path of redemption and change, revealed his character on the other hand, in fact, it was then that his character became popular, which saved him from permanent death after Morrison. They gave him friends (Maya, Jon, Titans), gave him team (two teams at the same time), distanced him from Talia and the League, even put him against Ra's, improved his relationship with Bruce and the rest. In short, the entire top of the "dark path" was abandoned, it began to build in a more optimistic manner. That was their direction.
    And then with one step it all destroyed and reduced to the starting point) Just what is the point that entire development then?)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    There's always an exception to the rule.As things are now, Damian would need massive character development before he can function as a player on any team.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    If Duke become Robin and discard his Signal identity, somehow I will see it as character regression. I think Robin title is just like student title, when you find you own identity name, that means you've graduated from Robin and become full-fledged hero.

It's the same case with Tim. Someone I know on twitter said that with Damian's loss on Robin title and Bendis leaving, it's the best opportunity for Tim to discard Drake title (which nobody likes) and reclaim Robin title. But I think it will be Tim's character regression. Like or not, he already separated himself from Batman sidekick status and become full-fledged hero, first as Red Robin, and now as Drake.

(But on the other hand, on latest Young Justice issue Tim's teammate called him Robin. I already give up on understanding Bendis's way of thinking
    Honestly i don't think it is regressive. Tim lost the role but he never really seemed to move on. Red Robin, wearing robin colours, keeps offering to help and was sidekick to Bruce and kate in Rebirth Tec. Tim's like that weird dude that lost his job but won't leave. he keeps coming in and hanging around the office.

Tim is David Brent. The character from the TV series The Office [the UK series] lol

Plus becoming officially Robin not the knock-off Robin role he's been stuck in. it's also better than anything he doing right now.