All-New Member

Post Worst batman comic recommendations!

I'd love to know what is the worst of the worst in Batman comics, let me know what run and/or number of the comic so I can check it out, thanks in advance!

Batman # 303 is the worst Batman comic ever published IMO. Do not pay money for it, but it is available on DC Universe.

It involves amnesia, and makes the characterization of “Ric Grayson” seem nuanced and believable.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Loco View Post
    Batman # 303 is the worst Batman comic ever published IMO. Do not pay money for it, but it is available on DC Universe.

It involves amnesia, and makes the characterization of “Ric Grayson” seem nuanced and believable.
    Great, now i need to read it, i hope you are happy
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Batman The Widening Gyre by Kevin Smith

He retconned Batman Year One where Batman pissed his pants

Spawn VS. Batman would be my choice.
    It never really bothered me, but I know many people had a problem with it.

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-28-2020 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

All Star Batman & Robin, by Frank Miller and Jim Lee. Although it can be a fun experience if you turn your brain off

Dark Knight Strikes Again #3 by Frank Miller and Lynn Varley. Many people hate this limited series, but I think the first two chapters are enjoyable and even interesting thank to some narrative and style decisions, chapter 3 is where the series took a serious dive and crashed and burned with the most hilarious plot twist in the history of the bat

I think bad stories from which you can get a laugh at how bad they are, are worth reading. For some dumb and boring Batman story, I think of Dark Knight: Knight Terrors, by David Finch, Paul Jenkins and Richard Friend
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

I haven't read Batman: Odyssey, but I've read about it. Does anyone think it belongs on the list or is it actually not so bad?

I can't stand a lot of Alan Grant's Batman stuff. I know he wrote one of the best Batman stories of all time in The Last Arkham but besides that a lot of it is complete crap. Nonsensical villains like The Flea, The Freaks, The Ant, The Bug, The Fat Lady whatever....unreal how bad it is. I'd rather read any 50s or 60s Batman comic to be honest.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I can't stand a lot of Alan Grant's Batman stuff. I know he wrote one of the best Batman stories of all time in The Last Arkham but besides that a lot of it is complete crap. Nonsensical villains like The Flea, The Freaks, The Ant, The Bug, The Fat Lady whatever....unreal how bad it is. I'd rather read any 50s or 60s Batman comic to be honest.
    The art makes rereading unappealing as well. I think Grant, Rucka and brubaker runs suffer from bad artists that keep them from being classics while today's batman titles are beautiful books yet shallow and empty in the writing department

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

ASBAR and TDKSA
    I never actually read TDKSA but just saw one page of Batman beheading evil Dick Grayson while his decapitated head swearing up and down is enough

Batman #303? What's that?
    "Batman is struck on the head by a rock while fighting the Dodo Man, a crook with an unusual urge to steal anything related to dodos, in the Gotham Natural History Museum."
    Alright, sounds dumb already.

I haven't read Batman Odyssey but the preview and reading the script is... weird... like... people don't talk like that

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    The art makes rereading unappealing as well. I think Grant, Rucka and brubaker runs suffer from bad artists that keep them from being classics while today's batman titles are beautiful books yet shallow and empty in the writing department
    Grant worked with Norm Breyfogle quite often, considered one of the greatest Batman artists of all time. Grant worked with some real crap on Shadow of the Bat after Breyfogle left though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I haven't read Batman: Odyssey, but I've read about it. Does anyone think it belongs on the list or is it actually not so bad?
    Odyssey and the other various Bat-stuff Neal has scripted reads like a weird fever dream, but don't necessarily belong on a worst ever list imo. Not particularly good, but there's worse.