Page 105 of 313 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Batman beyond damian is really cool

BENDIS IS MAKING THIS STUPID MOVE(Clark is the TRUE SUPERMAN) to continue humiliating Damian? It was NOT ENOUGH in legion Superheroes 3?

https://www.cbr.com/legion-of-super-...true-superman/

I saw the topic about this comic in CBR and some people thinks that maybe he can focus in this
    I must be missing something but don't see how this humiliates Damian.
    This will piss of Superman fans. Stuff like this isn't necessary. It adds nothing to Jon's character.

Writing stories that make readers think " Wow! this is the one true Superman". Show don't just drop labels.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This will piss of Superman fans. Stuff like this isn't necessary. It adds nothing to Jon's character.

Writing stories that make readers think " Wow! this is the one true Superman". Show don't just drop labels.
    Perhaps because Jon is declared as true Superman when Damian almost lost his Robin title? or perhaps because both Damian and Jon are showed on monitor but brainiac and other only talk about how great Jon is (and they called Damian 'Baby Hitler' 2 issue before)? I don't know, it's only my prediction. But yeah, Superman's fans will be incredibly pissed. And I don't think Jon fans will be happy about it either. Like you said, it adds nothing to Jon's character development. If anything, that makes him more and more like Clark's clone than Conner.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-02-2020 at 03:32 AM.

As a fan of real Jon, that does upset me. Then again, everything Bendis has done with Jon upsets me so this is par for the course. He wants Jon to be Clark SO fucking bad.

But I'm not entirely sure what any of this has to do with Damian. We already know the legion doesn't like him.
    Last edited by Blue22; 04-02-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Some people thinks that Bendis using this will continue with the DAMIAN IS EVIL THING that said in the LEGION. For this I mentioned LEGION 3.. The only issue that I saw to feel BAD and never want to read it again.

Extraordinary Member

So they want another batman vs Superman redux?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well, Bendis and his fans apparently do. Things like this makes me wonder...

And the whole "one true Superman" bull crap, well, its yet another thing Jon fans didn't ask for and Clark fans don't want.

Sadly, I think they already build a plot toward that direction. CMIIW, I think I remember Future Tim (Savior) said that on his future Damian and Jon come into conflict, Jon loses control off his powers and wipes out millions of innocents. And yet event though Savior went to kill Jon, he said that Damian should be killed because of what will he do to 'that poor Kent boy'. So we can assume that the conflict is Damian's fault (as much as I love him, that kid is too good at starting a fight). Now if Jon is the God or Prophet of LoH or something, it's understandable if Legion members hate and become wary of Damian, because he will bring Jon into his demise.

So, IMO, Damian and Jon conflict will definitely happen in the future.

Honestly, it was destined to happen at some point. Just like how the numerous conflicts between their dads was always bound to happen. Depending on who writes it and what the end result is, I'm all for it. Not every friendship is perfect. Sometimes ideals and personalities clash. And when those two are already foils to each other, at least one clash is inevitable.

But I'd rather it not be some Injustice or BvS style bullshit where it happens because one of them goes evil or both of them have suddenly decided to be idiots. One of my biggest pet peeves as an aspiring writer is when a plot is dependent on everyone involved being as dumb as humanly possible. It was one of MANY huge issues I take with Batman VS Superman. And it's why just about every Marvel "Hero VS Hero" crossover event has sucked (Special shout-out to Civil War II and Inhumans VS X-Men)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, it was destined to happen at some point. Just like how the numerous conflicts between their dads was always bound to happen. Depending on who writes it and what the end result is, I'm all for it. Not every friendship is perfect. Sometimes ideals and personalities clash. And when those two are already foils to each other, at least one clash is inevitable.

But I'd rather it not be some Injustice or BvS style bullshit where it happens because one of them goes evil or both of them have suddenly decided to be idiots. One of my biggest pet peeves as an aspiring writer is when a plot is dependent on everyone involved being as dumb as humanly possible. It was one of MANY huge issues I take with Batman VS Superman. And it's why just about every Marvel "Hero VS Hero" crossover event has sucked (Special shout-out to Civil War II and Inhumans VS X-Men)
    The problem is, almost every Hero vs Hero plot is either making one of them evil or dumb, and/or making both of their fanbase go for each other throat. Just look at Cap fanbase vs Iron Man fanbase, or Batman fanbase vs Superman fanbase. Man, twitter, tumblr, even ao3 became battlefield. Damian fanbase and Jon fanbase from what I see is civil with each other because of Supersons, I'm afraid there will be hostility between those fanbase because of that.
    I can take if Cap vs Iron Man, even Batman vs Superman, I see them as two leader figure whose personality crash each other. But Damian and Jon, I see them as two kids who overcome their different personality and become best friend, I am attached by their friendship. So to break that friendship for the sake of big fight plot.... I can help but disagree.

Besides is there really a must that Batman's son and Superman's son will fight each other because their father do the same? Just look at Tim and Kon, Tim is Robin who is the most similar to Bruce, and Kon is literally Superman's clone. But I don't recall any fight between two of them.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-03-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    The problem is, almost every Hero vs Hero plot is either making one of them evil or dumb, and/or making both of their fanbase go for each other throat. Just look at Cap fanbase vs Iron Man fanbase, or Batman fanbase vs Superman fanbase. Man, twitter, tumblr, even ao3 became battlefield. Damian fanbase and Jon fanbase from what I see is civil with each other because of Supersons, I'm afraid there will be hostility between those fanbase because of that.
    I can take if Cap vs Iron Man, even Batman vs Superman, I see them as two leader figure whose personality crash each other. But Damian and Jon, I see them as two kids who overcome their different personality and become best friend, I am attached by their friendship. So to break that friendship for the sake of big fight plot.... I can help but disagree.

Besides is there really a must that Batman's son and Superman's son will fight each other because their father do the same? Just look at Tim and Kon, Tim is Robin who is the most similar to Bruce, and Kon is literally Superman's clone. But I don't recall any fight between two of them.
    I'd never want anything as big as Civil War or Injustice to happen between the two. There definitely doesn't need to be some big event that drives them apart. But, hey, nothing wrong with a little dram/conflict that they'd later come to learn and grow from...depending on the circumstances. That's really the point I'm trying to make here. I don't necessarily mind their friendship being put to the test through a fight/disagreement. It's not a concept that I'd immediately say no to. Unlike Tim and Conner, Damian and Jon are such polar opposites of each other that the conflicts practically write themselves (and have in the past). But just...let there be a point to it. Don't let it ruin their friendship. Use it as something that strengthens it in the end.

Best friends can still have a clash.
    Batman and Superman should clash more often. Superman shouldn't even be okay working with Batman.

Batman engages a lot of strategies that Superman shouldn't be fine with.
    There's a lot in Batman's history that should clash with Superman's values but for story purposes it's all ignored.

Even just Bruce's personality and attitude should piss Superman off more often.

A lot of those personality traits are present in Damian which is why Jon often belittles and is testy with him.

Damian's background means he's still learning what's acceptable and where the line is.
    He also employs a few of his dads methods.

I can see them clashing over a case or a crisis were their ethics create a wedge Civil War Style.

That is not a bad thing.

Tim doesn't have Bruce's personality. He is social-able, works well in a team and treats his team mates okay.

His style is very different from Bruce so it's easy to see why he's never clashed with Conner.
    Not even in Conner's bad boy days.

Fantastic Member

I wouldn't be surprised if LOS or Superman was canceled. I haven't heard much of anything positive about these books and the sales numbers keep going down. Young Justice will be safe due to the trade being sold out right now on Amazon, same with Teen Titans both Percy and Adam Glass' runs being closed to sold out. Just a reminder to comic fans to support the comic book industry by buying trades and buying from comic shops with a online presence. If you were interested in a book or a character now is the time to experiment find out if there something new for you to read and enjoy.

I have decided to do this by reading all of Jack Kirby bibliography I have read all of his DC works and now I'm reading Fantastic Four. Then I am planning on reading the works of Len Wein starting with Swamp Thing. Some older books aren't available on digital platforms but I found quite a bit of good reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I'd never want anything as big as Civil War or Injustice to happen between the two. There definitely doesn't need to be some big event that drives them apart. But, hey, nothing wrong with a little dram/conflict that they'd later come to learn and grow from...depending on the circumstances. That's really the point I'm trying to make here. I don't necessarily mind their friendship being put to the test through a fight/disagreement. It's not a concept that I'd immediately say no to. Unlike Tim and Conner, Damian and Jon are such polar opposites of each other that the conflicts practically write themselves (and have in the past). But just...let there be a point to it. Don't let it ruin their friendship. Use it as something that strengthens it in the end.
    There's no way Damian/Jon conflict will be little. DC will definitely make Batman's son vs Superman's son as big as possible to attract common people and gain profit. Future Tim and LoH already gave us hint that their fight will be highly destructive and cost many lives of innocent. And we know how Damian and Jon feels about death of innocent people. That's what makes me worry.
    I also hope if their big fight really happened it will have positive outcome. But please no innocent dying, if possible. For their sake.

Extraordinary Member

There's no way Damian/Jon conflict will be little. DC will definitely make Batman's son vs Superman's son as big as possible to attract common people and gain profit. Future Tim and LoH already gave us hint that their fight will be highly destructive and cost many lives of innocent. And we know how Damian and Jon feels about death of innocent people. That's what makes me worry.
    I also hope if their big fight really happened it will have positive outcome. But please no innocent dying, if possible. For their sake.

But I thought Jon and Damian learned from their fathers mistakes
    Why would they

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

But I thought Jon and Damian learned from their fathers mistakes
    Why would they
    Jon and Damian won't but DC will.

I don't know what the context that you all talking about but I need no context when I know DC always ignores anything if they want to set up something.