Page 298 of 313 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298299300301302308 ... LastLast
Results 4,456 to 4,470 of 4692
    Fantastic Member

Speaking of schools.
    Damian should socialize more outside of Jon, we all know Bruce sent him there to socialize since he's a college level student, I if he's not going to school he's either at the manor 24/7 with his pets as company, or patrolling 24/7, actually that begs a question. What are Damian's hobbies?

Sure he currently has Maya, whatever happened to her? But the kid needs some new friends.
    Maybe, this could be the chance the re-introduce Collin Wilkes or some other friends he had before they were wiped out of recent memory.
    His only school friend I could think of is Maps, giving her a mask, batarang, and helping her out in the last issues of Gotham Academy.

P.S. This is Damian's second school right? because he speed run his expulsion from Gotham Academy, don't know if he did that just to say "See father, I've beaten your recorded in getting expelled from the academy". Surprised he didn't pull any major stuff or get pulled into one to get a parent-principal meeting for his second school.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Speaking of schools.
    Damian should socialize more outside of Jon, we all know Bruce sent him there to socialize since he's a college level student, I if he's not going to school he's either at the manor 24/7 with his pets as company, or patrolling 24/7, actually that begs a question. What are Damian's hobbies?

Sure he currently has Maya, whatever happened to her? But the kid needs some new friends.
    Maybe, this could be the chance the re-introduce Collin Wilkes or some other friends he had before they were wiped out of recent memory.
    His only school friend I could think of is Maps, giving her a mask, batarang, and helping her out in the last issues of Gotham Academy.

P.S. This is Damian's second school right? because he speed run his expulsion from Gotham Academy, don't know if he did that just to say "See father, I've beaten your recorded in getting expelled from the academy". Surprised he didn't pull any major stuff or get pulled into one to get a parent-principal meeting for his second school.
    He was undercover in Gotham Academy for a mission. I also wouldn't class Maps as his friend more an acquaintance.

Aside from Animal hoarding he likes music. He had that garage band with Jon and he was always listening to music in B&R.

He likes video games, enjoys acting/performing [he was attending drama lessons in B&R] and in pre flash point he expressed how he was a natural when it comes to acting. Lamenting that the undercover mission he was getting dressed for didn't call for a chance to flex his skills. he voiced his disappointment that the role wasn't something more challenging like pretend to be a girl.

Chess
    Enjoys trolling people [I'm listing it as a hobby]
    He also Paints as a form of relaxation. I think that's it
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-03-2020 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Way to ignore that, as always with super sons, Damian is the one being laughed at, not the one we laugh with. Which is why I call those versions of him who appears in any Supersons books Ian. Because they are just here to be pathetic, being ridiculed and generally speaking being unfuriatingly inept at anything.

Case in point : Damian refusing to be rendered unconscious when it is needed or him drooling and mulbling while speaking as his first appearance in the new series.

It sucks, it's detrimental to his whole character and progression but instead peoples prefer to lose their mind over TT where he was heroic and finally decided that he alone had the right to decide who he was.

Add to that the fact that Kid Jon's already exhausted allost any storyline worth having with this kind of character and it doesn't bode well for Damian because he's clearly here for the slapstick comedy and nothing more.
    TT Damian wasn't heroic at all. Did you miss the part where everyone hated him, he was called a monster and the whole team agreed that he was the root of all their problems?
    You may have started hating the Teen Titans in that moment because you like Damian, but I doubt that that was Thompson's intent with this.
    The book ended with the team going back to the ways of the Justice League and it's pretty obvious that their time with Damian is supposed to be seen as bad while their future with the Titans as good. You can be angry about this all you want, DC will not start portraying putting people in torture chambers or killing them as good. Especially when a member of the batfamily does it.

Super Sons is a book about two young boys, of course they are making fun of each other, especially at the beginning. You seem to not have read the moments where Jon fanboys over Damian being able to evade bullets or the Robin 80th anniversary special where Jon writes an entire essay about how great Damian is.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    He was undercover in Gotham Academy for a mission. I also wouldn't class Maps as his friend more an acquaintance.

Aside from Animal hoarding he likes music. He had that garage band with Jon and he was always listening to music in B&R.

He likes video games, enjoys acting/performing [he was attending drama lessons in B&R] and in pre flash point he expressed how he was a natural when it comes to acting. Lamenting that the undercover mission he was getting dressed for didn't call for a chance to flex his skills. he voiced his disappointment that the role wasn't something more challenging like pretend to be a girl.

Chess
    Enjoys trolling people [I'm listing it as a hobby]
    He also Paints as a form of relaxation. I think that's it
    He likes to read Classic books perhaps, he named his dog Titus and and on King he was shown reading a classic book but I don't remember the title. (That reminds me, the fact that he named his Bat-dragon Goliath means that there's Bible on LoA? I often read headcanon that Damian is Muslim, and as Muslimah I know that indeed there's David and Goliath on Quran, but on Quran their name is Daud and Jalut).

And not only paint, he likes to doodle on his sketchbook.

Speaking about undercover mission, he's able to mimic other people's voice too. And I remember he used his acting to get closer on Wally and stopped his heart.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 12-03-2020 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I often read headcanon that Damian is Muslim, and as Muslimah I know that indeed there's David and Goliath on Quran, but on Quran their name is Daud and Jalut).
    I've seen people say that they think Damian and the Al Ghuls are Muslim but...None of them really seem like the type to subscribe to any religion. Besides, with Ra's being one of the biggest terrorists in the DC Universe, and Damian just finishing a run where the writer had him strap a bomb to his chest, I think it might be for the best if they don't go down that particular rabbit hole with them. That might cause a lot of...issues. Keep it ambiguous maybe but I really don't think any of the Al Ghuls are very active in the Muslim faith.

It's the same thing that irked me about Tanya Spears being Christian and then making her so sterotypically naive and conservative. As a black Christian, that didn't make me feel "represented". That just made me cringe and think "Is that what they think we are?"

Speaking about undercover mission, he's able to mimic other people's voice too.
    Has he ever done that, post-Flashpoint? I always thought that particular skill was forgotten. Which is a shame because that could really come in handy in a lot of situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    TT Damian wasn't heroic at all. Did you miss the part where everyone hated him, he was called a monster and the whole team agreed that he was the root of all their problems?
    You may have started hating the Teen Titans in that moment because you like Damian, but I doubt that that was Thompson's intent with this.
    The book ended with the team going back to the ways of the Justice League and it's pretty obvious that their time with Damian is supposed to be seen as bad while their future with the Titans as good. You can be angry about this all you want, DC will not start portraying putting people in torture chambers or killing them as good. Especially when a member of the batfamily does it.

Super Sons is a book about two young boys, of course they are making fun of each other, especially at the beginning. You seem to not have read the moments where Jon fanboys over Damian being able to evade bullets or the Robin 80th anniversary special where Jon writes an entire essay about how great Damian is.
    Returning to the way of the JL? Didn't the JL brain wash Bad guy' and good guys [Batman]

Haven't members of the JL killed

Doesn't heroic Batman have 2 secret Jails? Doesn't Batman use torture? Doesn't Alfred shoot bad guys? Haven't every member of the family killed [aside from Steph, Duke and Tim]

DC has no problem with promoting killers as characters fans should root for. View as heroic but grey.

I liked some parts of Damian on the last TT run. The fact that everyone ganged up on him and called him a monster is irrelevant and doesn't impact whether or not he was being heroic.

He was heroic. Sure adopted some harsher, darker methods in his attempts to make the world safer [a path we've seen seasoned top tier paragon's of virtue in the Universe walk in the past.]

hopefully he learns some lessons and hope the events of this run strengthens his resolve to become more than what he was raised to be. The team called him a monster. That's nothing new. People sometimes can't see past his blood and past. They think he's evil deep down and will turn bad anytime now.
    Heck even some comics fans view him that way. The Demon Spawn [such a callous and hateful nickname]

This run did some damage to the character but he will move past it.
    Last edited by Fergus; 12-03-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    He likes to read Classic books perhaps, he named his dog Titus and and on King he was shown reading a classic book but I don't remember the title. (That reminds me, the fact that he named his Bat-dragon Goliath means that there's Bible on LoA? I often read headcanon that Damian is Muslim, and as Muslimah I know that indeed there's David and Goliath on Quran, but on Quran their name is Daud and Jalut).

And not only paint, he likes to doodle on his sketchbook.

Speaking about undercover mission, he's able to mimic other people's voice too. And I remember he used his acting to get closer on Wally and stopped his heart.
    The book he was reading was Lady killer by Jonell Jones. It's a great read but not a Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Returning to the way of the JL? Didn't the JL brain wash Bad guy' and good guys [Batman]

Haven't members of the JL killed

Doesn't heroic Batman have 2 secret Jails? Doesn't Batman use torture? Doesn't Alfred shoot bad guys? Haven't every member of the family killed [aside from Steph, Duke and Tim]

DC has no problem with promoting killers as characters fans should root for. View as heroic but grey.

I liked some parts of Damian on the last TT run. The fact that everyone ganged up on him and called him a monster is irrelevant and doesn't impact whether or not he was being heroic.

He was heroic. Sure adopted some harsher, darker methods in his attempts to make the world safer a path we've seen seasoned top tier paragon's of virtue in the Universe walk in the past.
    That's one thing I will give Damian in Glass' Titans. His heart was in the right place. And, honestly, nobody on that team had any room to criticize him when they'd gone along with most of what he was doing. Emiko, Wallace, and Djinn especially. That was the one thing I hated most about that run. All the blame kept falling on Damian, as if the rest of them were innocent. The biggest slaps in the face were definitely the very abrupt end to Djinn's arc (talk about a tonal whiplash), and Nighwing with his "Damian can't force you guys to be bad anymore" speech.

As for "going back to the ways of the Justice League", I get what Astralabius was trying to say but....I don't think the Titans would appreciate being compared to the League. That's like saying that the X-Men should "go back to the ways of the Avengers". The Titans aren't the League, nor are they any subset of the League. They've been at odds with the League enough times to prove that they do things their own way. Which is what made it all the more frustrating when Abnett's run had Dick caving into the League's demands for his team to be disbanded...and then reformed in a way that the League approved of.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I admit, this is me since the age-up happened;

Wow. My opinion about Superkid and SS.. Damian needs a cross to keep them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Sure he currently has Maya, whatever happened to her?
    She's with Beacon, looking after the Bizarro Super Sons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I've seen people say that they think Damian and the Al Ghuls are Muslim but...None of them really seem like the type to subscribe to any religion. Besides, with Ra's being one of the biggest terrorists in the DC Universe, and Damian just finishing a run where the writer had him strap a bomb to his chest, I think it might be for the best if they don't go down that particular rabbit hole with them. That might cause a lot of...issues. Keep it ambiguous maybe but I really don't think any of the Al Ghuls are very active in the Muslim faith.

It's the same thing that irked me about Tanya Spears being Christian and then making her so sterotypically naive and conservative. As a black Christian, that didn't make me feel "represented". That just made me cringe and think "Is that what they think we are?"
    Agreed, and indeed, the whole strapping bomb is just messed up. That's why I always pretend TT annual 1 never happened, along with Jason fiasco. And even if Glass wanted to make reference of Damian's Islamic status, he failed when he made Damian eat ox blood soup, because Muslim are not allowed to consume blood. So maybe he took Goliath name from other source, because I don't know about Bible, but in Quran Goliath/Jalut is not exactly admirable and definitely not unbeatable character. When we think about it, so is Titus Andronicus on Shakespeare.
    ..............Along with Bat-Cow and Wiggle, and Alfred the Cat only took Alfred the Human's name, looks like Damian is not good at naming his pets

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Has he ever done that, post-Flashpoint? I always thought that particular skill was forgotten. Which is a shame because that could really come in handy in a lot of situations.
    On Supersons, he disguised as Jon's teacher, and even gave Jon's classmate real lecture, so high possibility that he mimicked the teacher's voice too.

Extraordinary Member

Next detective comics should finalize Damian role for the time being

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Wouldn't it be 1033 ? Or I'm confusing the numbers before FS ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It will be finalized in #1023.

Astonishing Member

They just almost completely ignored him in Last Stories of DC Universe, even in Batfamily story. Nice work, lol.
    Upd. Sorry, it seems like artist screwed up, he was there, but I thought it's Tim.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 12-08-2020 at 03:55 AM.