Page 17 of 313 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, wait he did write Civil War 2, not 1. I thought he wrote the first one because I viewed Disassembled. New Avengers, House of M and Civil War kinda back to back, so I thought he did that too.
    Secret Invasion is the one he wrote.

And yeah, 2 is the bad one, but by that time I already stopped paying attention, so I only heard word of mouth.

Back to topic, mistakes aside, my point was, despite fans not liking the stories, it doesn't matter for DC. They have Tom King and Heroes in Crisis, Remender and Identity Crisis, Morrison when he first created Damian was also hated. They're used to that kinda thing. As long as the writer can world build, bring money and garner attention that's what matters. That's what they've been doing.

Morrison didn't write Identity Crisis he wrote Final Crisis and Morrison was selling unlike Bendis who is losing money on Superman. YJ sales despite heavy promotion and having 4 big time characters in the lead is performing poorly compared to TT which is well into it's 30's and has only Damian as a big character to carry it.

I feel that DC signed Bendis hoping to get something big out of it with a contract that gives him all types of control but he's failing to deliver so now they are stuck.

He isn't doing any world building. Synder and Johns are doing the world building. All the big changes are spinning out of Metal and JL nothing out of Bendis. DC just cancelled out his Legion origin and other titles are ignoring what's going on in his title. eg Tim should be lost in the Multiverse yet he turn up for City of Bane which Bendis ignored. Tim doesn't rec all that Alfred is dead.

5G, the new Time line everything that's shaping/has been shaping the DCU none of it is down to Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    You know, I’d like to see a reunion with Damian, Jason, Dick and Tim. The four of them kicking ass together or even just have a talk would be awesome.
    It would be great. The Batfamily being a family again. It's okay Batman rebuilding Gotham but what about his kids?

Bruce dropped the ball hard with Jason, Damian and Dick in the last run. It's time he face the music, eat some humble pie and start rebuilding those relationships.

Knowing DC though it's all going to be forgotten and forgiven with not one writer making Bruce take responsibility for what he put those 3 through.

I'd like all the boys just getting together and hanging in a title that isn't Batman's. Perhaps after Tim returns and Dick regains his memories they can all just get together as a welcome back

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    In case anyone's interested, here's a Legion #3 (aka "Super Sons" reunion #2) preview
    https://www.newsarama.com/48583-robi...-heroes-3.html

Yeah this is already gonna be a hard pass for me. Believe it or not, I am trying SUPER hard to give Legion a chance here but....everything with older Jon makes me irrationally angry and every Damian line written by Bendis makes me wanna cringe. I can't even enjoy anything else about this book cuz I'm so focused on the big glaring Kryptonian elephant in the room, and the Robin who continues to sound like he's written by someone who's never actually read any of his books XD
    I wish he just wouldn't bother writing these two since all he's doing is upsetting fans. He is deliberately salting the wounds he inflicted.

No one wants Bendis touching the supersons. the huge drop in sales of the Superman issue where Bendis 1st attempted to write the Supersons should be message enough. Hopefully fans stay away from this Legion issue as well.

Just enough already

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    In case anyone's interested, here's a Legion #3 (aka "Super Sons" reunion #2) preview
    https://www.newsarama.com/48583-robi...-heroes-3.html

Yeah this is already gonna be a hard pass for me. Believe it or not, I am trying SUPER hard to give Legion a chance here but....everything with older Jon makes me irrationally angry and every Damian line written by Bendis makes me wanna cringe. I can't even enjoy anything else about this book cuz I'm so focused on the big glaring Kryptonian elephant in the room, and the Robin who continues to sound like he's written by someone who's never actually read any of his books XD
    I liked the Power Rangers dig. Thought it was funny.

So yet another dig at Bats no having powers. We had one last time with Damian saving cats while the Supers saved buildings and stuff.

I don't know why Bendis would think that anyone wants his version of Supersons. Dude you ruined it. I think he's doing it on purpose to ruffle feathers like his constant insulting Damian on his social media.
    Like his trolling TimKon fans by giving them even more TimSteph and teasing the two might get married

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    You know, I’d like to see a reunion with Damian, Jason, Dick and Tim. The four of them kicking ass together or even just have a talk would be awesome.
    That would be great but DC never gives us greatness. Not to mention that only two of those are around and they are not the best of pals because DC loves angst.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Isn't Damian (and his team) about to die (again) to save Djinn in march?
    Maybe the Teen Titans will spend 5g in purgatory lol.
    OMG! That's what he needs saving from in 5G

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    It would be great. The Batfamily being a family again. It's okay Batman rebuilding Gotham but what about his kids?

Bruce dropped the ball hard with Jason, Damian and Dick in the last run. It's time he face the music, eat some humble pie and start rebuilding those relationships.

Knowing DC though it's all going to be forgotten and forgiven with not one writer making Bruce take responsibility for what he put those 3 through.

I'd like all the boys just getting together and hanging in a title that isn't Batman's. Perhaps after Tim returns and Dick regains his memories they can all just get together as a welcome back
    As much as I'd like Bruce to give his kids a serious and long apology after all the **** he has done for the last few years, I don't think we'll get that. DC isn't really into Bruce admitting he fucked up. They only love making him do fucked up things.

For now I would aready be happy if we got to see them all grieve for Alfred and not just Bruce. The upcoming Detective Comics annual and Alfred RIP are going to deal with Alfred's death, so I'm hoping for something there.
    None of their solo/team titles are currently at a point where they could fit an issue about grieving for Alfred into the story, at least in my opinion, so those two titles are my only hope.

Alfred was important to all of them and Damian had to freakin watch him die, like- how can you not adress that at some point?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I liked the Power Rangers dig. Thought it was funny.

So yet another dig at Bats no having powers. We had one last time with Damian saving cats while the Supers saved buildings and stuff.

I don't know why Bendis would think that anyone wants his version of Supersons. Dude you ruined it. I think he's doing it on purpose to ruffle feathers like his constant insulting Damian on his social media.
    Like his trolling TimKon fans by giving them even more TimSteph and teasing the two might get married
    Yep, fans just love it when you insult them and their favourite characters.

He's the guy who got Super Sons cancelled, aged up Jon, made Tim Robin again for a short time and with no reason or explanation- yeah, sure, we're going to trust Bendis. He totally has Damian's and Jon's best interest at heart.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Isn't Damian (and his team) about to die (again) to save Djinn in march?
    Maybe the Teen Titans will spend 5g in purgatory lol.
    How are they about to die?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How are they about to die?
    I don't know, it's just solicitations. Those are often misleading.

TEEN TITANS #40
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    “Djinn War” continues! Elias and his army of genies have begun their assault on heaven, and the only person capable of stopping him is his younger sister Djinn—who is currently trapped in purgatory. But Robin, Crush and the rest of the Teen Titans have a plan to bust her out—and the road to purgatory goes through hell itself. But how do you get to hell, you ask? Simple...you only have to die!
    ON SALE 03.18.20

Incredible Member

Damian already has some experience with dying and hell, I'm sure it will be fine

Damian getting trapped voluntarily with Djinn in purgatory could be interesting. Maybe his sister would be the only one who could use Djinn's ring to free him - because of reasons! I could see it kinda working.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Damian getting trapped voluntarily with Djinn in purgatory could be interesting. Maybe his sister would be the only one who could use Djinn's ring to free him - because of reasons! I could see it kinda working.
    Would be a great time for Bruce to check up on him. Dammit not again. Ra's prepare a bath!

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Dude you ruined it. I think he's doing it on purpose to ruffle feathers like his constant insulting Damian on his social media.

Bendis... Sometimes the best is not make anything(only stop insulting him in internet).. I can´t see one miracle like with Taylor in his case. Forget Damian and focus in your work.

I would like to see him trolling DamianxS.kid fans.. Only for that I would subscribe to his twitter.

Bendis sees Tim and Steph as one good couple??? PERFECT.. I need more Steph and know that Bendis has one good opinion about her to even create one Steph Batwoman in the Crime Syndicate Earth.

Unfortunatelly he said that he can´t Big Things for her in one interview.(minor appearances) DC said no Stupid Steph haters.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-14-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Morrison didn't write Identity Crisis he wrote Final Crisis and Morrison was selling unlike Bendis who is losing money on Superman. YJ sales despite heavy promotion and having 4 big time characters in the lead is performing poorly compared to TT which is well into it's 30's and has only Damian as a big character to carry it.

I feel that DC signed Bendis hoping to get something big out of it with a contract that gives him all types of control but he's failing to deliver so now they are stuck.

He isn't doing any world building. Synder and Johns are doing the world building. All the big changes are spinning out of Metal and JL nothing out of Bendis. DC just cancelled out his Legion origin and other titles are ignoring what's going on in his title. eg Tim should be lost in the Multiverse yet he turn up for City of Bane which Bendis ignored. Tim doesn't rec all that Alfred is dead.

5G, the new Time line everything that's shaping/has been shaping the DCU none of it is down to Bendis.
    Bendis got something big, to be fair. He has:
    -Total control over one big character and his family (or so it looks like). Superman, his books, etc.
    -An imprint for new/young/fresh characters that he heads or controls (Wonder Comics).
    -Publish creator owned stuff, like Naomi.
    -Have a hand in Batman (so far is that walmart book, but could be more).
    -JY, even if so far hasn't been important enough to have any effect in other books.
    -Handle events so far, almost since the moment he has arrived, and probably further, that do effect other writers book.

And I have the feeling that he has had his fair share of influence in how 5G is being projected, even if it's not his idea.

Yeah, he isn't changing the DCU mechanics with any of his stuff. But I think he has a lot in his bag to rule over, honestly. It's a lot of work, too. But he probably is paid a lot too. I don't think they promised him much more control over the DCU than that (and that is a lot, honestly).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-14-2020 at 01:44 PM.