Page 24 of 313 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I thought that Barbara was shouting at Damian, and Tim was pointing at Damian to blame him, because he was gesturing to Damian whilst his head was down.
    It's hard to tell from the pictures alone.
    But looking at Damian seems like a sudden action, especially when you look at Tim, so I assume they are reacting to something Damian says in the middle and didn't look at him before.

Or maybe Tim is pointing at Damian? I don't know. I thought they all agreed Thomas was to blame.
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-16-2020 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I never had high hopes for this book because it's written by Bendis and all his main continuity books at DC suffer from the same mistakes that keep me from enjoying his writing.
    Originally I thought this would be the same as Superman 16, pandering to Super Sons fans who miss them and then writing them terribly ooc, but otherwise not much harm done.

I didn't expect to wake up to this **** and "Baby Hitler".
    I wouldn't have minded the ooc Super Sons dynamic, in fact after all the hype there was for this issue I kinda hoped Bendis wouldn't screw things up and give us at least some decent interactions. This man lives to lower my expectations, it would seem.

It's hard to tell from the pictures alone.
    But looking at Damian seems like a sudden action, especially when you look at Tim, so I assume they are reacting to something Damian says in the middle and didn't look at him before.

Or maybe Tim is pointing at Damian? I don't know. I thought they all agreed Thomas was to blame.
    They did, but I'm guessing they're finally realising the gravity of the situation. Grief makes people say and do things that are regrettable

Incredible Member

I wouldn't have minded the ooc Super Sons dynamic, in fact after all the hype there was for this issue I kinda hoped Bendis wouldn't screw things up and give us at least some decent interactions. This man lives to lower my expectations, it would seem.
    I don't mean any offense to Tim fans with this, but after hearing that Tim was his favourite and Damian his least favourite Robin I had some idea what was coming.
    And he is the guy who got the original Super Sons book cancelled and aged up Jon. That's pretty much all you need to know.

Incredible Member

They did, but I'm guessing they're finally realising the gravity of the situation. Grief makes people say and do things that are regrettable
    Which would be such a shitty thing to do. Damian is only a 13 year old who followed orders. Bruce told him Alfred was safe. He was barely awake when the execution happened...what was he supposed to do against Thomas and Bane?

I don't mean any offense to Tim fans with this, but after hearing that Tim was his favourite and Damian his least favourite Robin I had some idea what was coming.
    And he is the guy who got the original Super Sons book cancelled and aged up Jon. That's pretty much all you need to know.
    Yeah I know, not exactly a fan of Tim myself. I did find it really funny when Bendis changed his name from Red Robin to Drake. He even took away the name Damian calls Tim. DC really knows how to pick a guy who can consistently screw up.
    Last edited by Shen; 01-16-2020 at 04:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

aaaand this is why I didn't post that page ^^
    It's too vague to tell.

My initial reaction was Tim blaming Damian.
    Then it looks like Babs and Tim are fighting and then Tim turned to blame Damian.
    But then Ansa said that Damian was the one who said something, and I think you're right because everyone turned to look at him.

So right now it looks to me Babs and Tim are debating on who's at fault that Alfred died, then Damian said it's his fault so everyone stopped to look at him, and then Bruce came so everyone looked at him. He sits down and said it's his fault because it's his plan.

Finally, Damian tells everyone to shut up because they're not getting anywhere, and takes the initiative to toast for Alfred.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-16-2020 at 04:17 AM.

Which would be such a shitty thing to do. Damian is only a 13 year old who followed orders. Bruce told him Alfred was safe. He was barely awake when the execution happened...what was he supposed to do against Thomas and Bane?
    I know right? But since the people handling this issue are actually good writers, I'm sure that's not the case. Goddamn now I'm just drowning in angst waiting for this issue to drop.

When does it release anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's too vague to tell.

Then it looks like Babs and Tim are fighting and then Tim turned to blame Damian.
    But then Ansa said that Damian was the one who said something, and I think you're right because everyone turned to look at him.

So right now it looks to me Babs and Tim are debating on who's at fault that Alfred died, then Damian said it's his fault so everyone stopped to look at him, and then Bruce came so everyone looked at him. He sits down and said it's his fault because it's his plan.

Finally, Damian tells everyone to shut up because they're not getting anywhere, and takes the initiative to toast for Alfred.
    That's... actually a pretty realistic conclusion. Especially Damian telling everyone to shut up.

Incredible Member

I know right? But since the people handling this issue are actually good writers, I'm sure that's not the case. Goddamn now I'm just drowning in angst waiting for this issue to drop.

When does it release anyway?
    February 12.

Yeah, I trust Tynion and Tomasi, which is why I feel this will be the good kind of angst.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    It's too vague to tell.

That sounds plausible. Damian telling them to shut up is in character as well.

Bruce taking some of the responsibility for Alfred's death (or City of Bane) would be nice.
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-16-2020 at 04:27 AM.

Incredible Member

Even though I have to wonder where Damian suddenly got the drink from. Dick is behind the bar, did he give him the drink between panels as moral support?
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-16-2020 at 04:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I was at NYC comic con when that happened, he said it was his son who loved Tim drake

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I was at NYC comic con when that happened, he said it was his son who loved Tim drake
    It seems to have the same results though.

It seems to have the same results though.
    It really doesn't matter if he likes Tim or not, he doesn't like Damian - that fact is undisputed.