Page 166 of 313 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176216266 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    What are the numbers for BTAS?
    You mean number of sales? I don't know about that, but I often see many people want to buy BTAS merchandise on twitter. And Batman : The Adventure Continue (alias continuation of TAS and has Tim as Robin) are on top 25 advanced reorder chart placed between May 11-17, 2020, on comichron June 2020.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    For me for some reason fans are kinda desperate for him to have love interest. When he just had Colin as his only possible friend, some fans already made romantic fanfic about them. Also with Maya. I even found some fic about him and steph, him and maps, him and Jon (mostly superbat fans). Also him and Marinette, the fact that his pairing with a girl from a completely unrelated TV show are quite popular speaks about how thirsty some fans for Damian to have a pairing.
    Well, it's typical for absolutely any fandom. It's really a big (but often annoying) part of any fan base, starting from Harry Potter and Star Wars and finishing on, I don't know, Attack on Titan or Brandon Sanderson's books. All of them have got that aspect.
    And with such archetypes like Damian has it is even more pronounced. All story with Raven, for example, it's a typical, but a popular trop. Maybe that's the reason why it worked. I just suprised, because right now it seems like that this entire Damian/Raven thing is the only thing from DCAMU (which had at least mixed reviews) what became really popular. And that concerns me, because DC easily can put this into comics just because of that (just like has been done with Raven and Beast Boy at the beggining), and that will be weird for number of reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I have a feeling DC is not generous enough to give us big spoiler like that, but at least they will cruel enough to torment us by teasing with some information, even though probably it will make us more frustrated
    I still think that he'll appear at the end of Joker War, in 100th issue (it's the late September - the early October, don't remember, need to check). That's the excellent way to set up his new chapter, along with that big direction that Tynion was talking about.
    I think Damian fans will like Deceased At World’s End #4) It was great.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-30-2020 at 06:24 AM.

As a Damian fan I did like Hope at Worlds End#4, and while the story was expected from what we’ve seen already it was nice to have. Besides Damian the rest of the issue focused on the Aerie and Wink from the current Suicide Still run also written by Taylor which I do recommend.

spoilers:
    I don’t want to ruin it for people but basically it’s the moment where Damian suits up to be the new Batman after a heart to heart with Superman. It’s a relatively sweet moment and Damian comes off as pretty respectful to Bruce even as he still argues about him. It’s probably the best we are going to get for a while of Damian suiting up to be Batman and I guess plays an interesting parallel for when Taylor made Damian Nightwing in Injustice, if you want to look at it that way.

Also apparently Damian is only 12, at least that’s what Superman said.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    With cons cancelled DC's doing an online con so if you have have any questions re Damian, his future , Robin, Tt etc then you can submit your questions

https://questions.dcfandome.com/

The Damirav fandom have been circulating this like crazy. I hope most questions re Damian don't end up shipping related.
    Now that he's had one love interest some fans are going crazy even bugging Tom Taylor about a possible WonderBat in DCeased.
    WTF!?

Damian isn't a ladykiller he can barely relate with people not to mention having multi love interests
    Damian x Raven is one of those ships I will never understand. It worked in the recent movies,but I can't see it being implemented or working in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    As a Damian fan I did like Hope at Worlds End#4, and while the story was expected from what we’ve seen already it was nice to have. Besides Damian the rest of the issue focused on the Aerie and Wink from the current Suicide Still run also written by Taylor which I do recommend.

spoilers:
    I don’t want to ruin it for people but basically it’s the moment where Damian suits up to be the new Batman after a heart to heart with Superman. It’s a relatively sweet moment and Damian comes off as pretty respectful to Bruce even as he still argues about him. It’s probably the best we are going to get for a while of Damian suiting up to be Batman and I guess plays an interesting parallel for when Taylor made Damian Nightwing in Injustice, if you want to look at it that way.

Also apparently Damian is only 12, at least that’s what Superman said.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't think Superman said that as Damian's exact age. Damian met Jon when he's 13 years old, there no way 12 years old Damian become best buddies with Jon. Probably he just made a jab of Damian's height like his son did. Aside from my obvious problem of his suit, the issue is just so sweet. Looking at DCeased Damian who had many person supported him on his side, comparing that to the state Damian is right now, I am glad we have Tom Taylor right now. Even though his snark and his sharp tongue is one of factors that made me like him, glad that he's way calmer in this universe.

Now DC, you've already hinted 2 times to us that Damian already met Pa Kent and Ma Kent, give us the full stories!
    end of spoilers

I always think any idea can became a good idea if be well done, I said this before, like Shazam became a success and BatmanxSuperman was terrible, so couples, or crazy decisions is not the real problem, but how it is write. Batman lego movie was amaaaazing, I watched this 3 times in 3 days.
    Buuut what I want to ask for you guys.

Anyone thinks Damian has this bad deep complicated personality good heart bad boy appeals? In TT show I feel boys liked Raven more than star fire and Girls liked Robin more than Cyborg or BB (not a really bad boy, but Robin is just deeper, mysterious, cool than others). I don't know how older peoples feel with this type of character.

I know he was terrible in TT, but he is full of appeals. Just cool with all the abilities and cute with "I missed you Grayson, if will tell anyone I kill you" "Robin don't say "hi", ok, "hi" "I care, father", "mom, Whay did you kill me?" . My tought is Damian is disliked by older readers and liked by the new generation.

And I was re-reading some comics, why Damian had obsession with Slade? I was like Kid Flash when he asked "So all this is because he cuddled your hair?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I always think any idea can became a good idea if be well done, I said this before, like Shazam became a success and BatmanxSuperman was terrible, so couples, or crazy decisions is not the real problem, but how it is write. Batman lego movie was amaaaazing, I watched this 3 times in 3 days.
    Buuut what I want to ask for you guys.

Anyone thinks Damian has this bad deep complicated personality good heart bad boy appeals? In TT show I feel boys liked Raven more than star fire and Girls liked Robin more than Cyborg or BB (not a really bad boy, but Robin is just deeper, mysterious, cool than others). I don't know how older peoples feel with this type of character.

I know he was terrible in TT, but he is full of appeals. Just cool with all the abilities and cute with "I missed you Grayson, if will tell anyone I kill you" "Robin don't say "hi", ok, "hi" "I care, father", "mom, Whay did you kill me?" . My tought is Damian is disliked by older readers and liked by the new generation.
    Don't know about that, but indeed younger generation right now prefer deep complicated personality good heart bad boy appeals. I mean, ATLA's fan favorite character is Zuko, Naruto is Sasuke, Inuyasha is Sesshomaru, etc. Like perhaps because they're mostly assholes, when they did something good, fans will feel "aww, he actually has a heart.." something like that. It doesn't have to be younger generation and older generation. I know some younger people who hate Damian with passion, and I also think there's older people who love Damian.

I personally like a character who think highly of himself. Perhaps most person don't like arrogant character, but for me man or woman who has high confidence on themselves are cool and interesting. But I also like when arrogant character have moments of 'self-insecure', hidden from everyone with boast and snark. That's why my favorite man in Marvel is Iron Man, and my favorite in DC is Damian.

And I was re-reading some comics, why Damian had obsession with Slade? I was like Kid Flash when he asked "So all this is because he cuddled your hair?"
    For me it's more like Priest's obsession on Damian. But I think Damian has plenty good reason to have a grudge on Slade. Slade with Talia took control of his body, Slade tried to kill Maya, Slade attempted to drown him, Slade attacked Bat-cave, and many more I don't remember all of them. Let's just say that they're not on right term.

I found good analysis comment about Damian's act on Terminum Agenda from think link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnNrcHmo9V0

I think what drove Damian to hunt Deathstroke is more than he irritated because Deathstroke ruffle his hair.
    See, Damian bleeds for acceptance. That's his whole character. To impress his mother, to impress his father, to impress Dick, he'll do everything to get a simplest 'good job kid'. So every recognition gesture from other is precious to him. Now comes the 'ruffle' problem. I think he's angry because he LIKES it. Deathstroke gave him a simple affection gesture and he's so starved for that , because Bruce is emotionally constipated, Talia is Talia and Dick is Ric, so he can't bring himself to not like it. And that's disgust him. Especially because Slade was once rumored to be Damian's father and we know how Damian hates the thought of it but little part of him can't help but doubt, maybe he's really Deathstroke's son.
    Damian is 13, he's emotionally unstable. Just like KF said, the 'ruffle' is not the main problem, but it's certainly the trigger. That ruffle made him to feel angry, happy, disgust, shame, sadness, and they were mixed and clashed in his heart. And KF ask, who is Damian angry to? The problem is, Damian doesn't know. Is he angry to his mother, to his father, to himself or to Slade, he himself doesn't know. All he knows that between four of them, Slade is the most punchable , so punch Slade he did. Haha.. Bruce's son..
    well, not that I disagree, but this TT run really has a knack to choose wrong trigger for Damian. At first random restaurant, then this...
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-30-2020 at 10:17 AM.

Astonishing Member

The real question is why does Slade have an unhealthy obsession with teenagers and why writers try to justify every crime he committed or pretend he did nothing wrong. I've seen people criticize Priest, but he's one of the few writers who didn't pretend Slade was an antihero/ misunderstood.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The real question is why does Slade have an unhealthy obsession with teenagers and why writers try to justify every crime he committed or pretend he did nothing wrong. I've seen people criticize Priest, but he's one of the few writers who didn't pretend Slade was an antihero/ misunderstood.
    Because he was originally a villain of the Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    Yea it's kinda like a tradition. Original NTT, every single incarnation of official TT in comics since, TT cartoon, TT animated movie...

He also has a tradition of not being good with his kids, and with half his kids ended up either dead or became a TT depending on which series/media, sometimes wanting a kid replacement, wanting to be a mentor, or asking someone to mentor them, Slade having a teen problem is forever ^^

Well I saw the images elsewhere in the Superman threads, plus I think it’s one of Damian’s more recent better moments, so here is when Damian becomes DCeased Batman.

Attachment 98207

02A1B10B-13BB-4553-9160-0F8683CB469C.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Rebirth Deathstroke's obsession with Damian had nothing to do with him being a TT's villain.
    Slade simply loves Damian because he can access the love he craves and feels [yet doesn't know how to express with his kids] with Damian because he is like Slade. Which I sort of can see.

Priest states that he hints at Damian's parentage all through his run! I didn't get that and I'm glad I didn't. That seems OTT

https://www.cbr.com/damian-wayne-deathstrokes-son/

In an interview with Newsarama, Priest revealed that he hinted at Damian's parentage throughout his run. "'The World's Worst Dad' is about a man who loves and desperately wants to be loved but is capable of neither. So, he does skanky stuff like put a hit out on his daughter so he can spend time with her. And, in the latter part of the series, Deathstroke clearly falls in love with Damian Wayne. I hope fans can understand that, I hope they got that. Deathstroke loves that kid and can access that love in ways he cannot with his own children because Damian is so very much like him."

DC however wasn't thrilled with Damian being a Wilson so Priest did the next best thing. 'Altstroke' The perfect Slade Wilson

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...est-interview/

DC feels more like Gene Roddenberry’s utopian view of the future, where kindness, forethought, and patience are the rules of the day. How does Deathstroke function in that kind of environment? I mean, I had Slade kill Power Girl’s dog in issue #17, and that was a major push. So far as I am concerned Slade, not Bruce, is Damian Wayne’s father. I mean, I get why DC made the call they did, and Damian is not *my* multi-million-dollar I.P. to gamble with, but I lobbied hard for another, in my opinion, more daring choice that would have shaken things up, enraged fans, and launched dozens of exciting stories.

Maybe if “Deathstroke” was published under their Black Label [imprint] there’d be more flex in terms of what the character could be.

This was my real motive for AltStroke. Since we were about to take our bow, I thought I’d like to write the character the way he should, in my view, actually be portrayed: as a totally ruthless, unlikeable bitch. And Damian IS his son (Laughs). Now, could AltStroke sustain his own monthly title? I actually think yes in the short term, not in the longer term because eventually he’d either kill everybody or kill himself or we’d fall into the cliché of constantly contriving reasons he wouldn’t.

But at least Deathstroke, as I’d have actually liked to have written him, made a brief cameo before we turned out the lights.

https://www.cbr.com/dcs-dark-multive...t-deathstroke/

Instead of being a clone or a copycat of the main Deathstroke, the elder Wilson has been marooned on Earth from the Dark Multiverse. But before he arrived here, he was truly the most ideal killer. After the Dark Slade kills his world's Batman, Damian Wayne and Wonder Woman show up alongside him, basking in the bloody glory. With Damian sipping on a juice box, the issue pays homage to a story that teased the idea that Slade could really have been this Robin's dad.

In this reality, Slade he is Damian's father, and Wonder Woman is his mother. Together, they make up Slade's perfect, deadly family. After Batman's death, the Teen Titans, his traditional rivals, show up, and Slade and his family prove just how deadly they really can be.

this Slade Wilson accomplished more in a few pages than his counterpart has in his entire career. Even though the main Slade had elaborate plans to take down the Titans like the one he used in "The Judas Contract" storyline, he and his family take out the Titans and Batman with a straightforward and practical approach and effective allies a family who get the job done.

The deadly Dark Multiverse trinity of Slade, Diana and Damian accomplish far more than the real Slade ever did with his children Jericho and Ravager. With a demigoddess for a wife and an elite assassin for a son, the Dark Multiverse Deathstroke is living his best life.
    Last edited by Fergus; 06-30-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChangingStation View Post
    I know that, but I was always bothered by the free pass Slade got from Wolfman. NTT when downhill after he started justifying every bad thing Salde did.