Page 99 of 313 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 4692

Damian is right.. Despite is boring be in home.. Stupid coronavirus

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I wasn't going off the new 52 time line of 5 Robins in 5years because that is out in Rebirth.
    But is the speeded up ageing out? If you really go by the original Comics, Batman and Thalia met the first time in the Bronze Age, at this point Dick was already 18 and in collage.
    If "Son of the Demon" is roughly set around the same time as the ongoing Batman comics at the time, Damian was born around the time when Jason was Robin.

However Cass and Damian are different due to their training regime.
    Jason went from street urchin to on the field Robin in two years meaning that batman's training is a at a very very low level basics compared to what we see from the Loa and Cain.
    I find it still questionable how effective it is to start with Training at such a young age.
    On the other hand, if you consider all the absurd stuff Damian learned at that age, than two years of training by Batman are probably also much more than just "very very low level basics", it doesn't really make much sense to apply "realism" to the training of one Batkid and ignore it with the other.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Tim Damian and Jason by Doc Squash

https://doc-squash.tumblr.com

Jason “What’s he so mad about? He had like eight dollars.”

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    But is the speeded up ageing out? If you really go by the original Comics, Batman and Thalia met the first time in the Bronze Age, at this point Dick was already 18 and in collage.
    If "Son of the Demon" is roughly set around the same time as the ongoing Batman comics at the time, Damian was born around the time when Jason was Robin.

I find it still questionable how effective it is to start with Training at such a young age.
    On the other hand, if you consider all the absurd stuff Damian learned at that age, than two years of training by Batman are probably also much more than just "very very low level basics", it doesn't really make much sense to apply "realism" to the training of one Batkid and ignore it with the other.
    The accelerated ageing is out and the last Time line we were given has Damian being born the year Tim became Robin which lines up with your logic.

Damian isn't normal. he was genetically enhanced so what's possible for him isn't the same for bruce and the other Robins.

Even if he wasn't are you trying to compare the intensity or level of training that the Robins received to what Cass and Damian endured [because that is the only correct word]

Dude come on. Ive never read about the Robins having to master being alert whilst sleeping because bodyguards were offered incentives to kill you .

I'm not applying realism you are forgetting that it's canon that Talia tampered with Damian in vitro in her quest to create a perfect human.

This is before we take into account the upgrades he had later in life like that unbreakable spine

batman's training never pushed the Robins to the limits that Cain and the loa did.

Batman is abusive and does questionable things [especially recently] but he never went that far
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-26-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Hope you are keeping safe.

I think Dick most likely has the same level of training as Bats just based on how long he has been active and a bat.
    Didn't it take Batman years to master the techniques he has no way the untrained Robins-to-be had that time to master the same skills.
    Tim also might be close being with batman so long.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I'm bored as well but it's better to be bored than sick

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Tom Taylor wishing to write more Damian makes my heart happy.

https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...37999009726465
    I'm not sure how his Suicide Squad book is doing sales wise but if he keeps making money for Dc then they might reward him with a title of his choice.

Surprised it's not Harley.

I wouldn't mind a Damian and harley team up.
    If WB and AT&T are calling the shots then it might matter how well comics sell since they are not the most lucrative

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I'm bored as well but it's better to be bored than sick
    Meh. I've been basically stuck since January 7th because of ankle surgery. The rest of the world is now just joining me.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Ahh.. DC already started to give him pointless crush like Katana, Emiko, and Djinn. Glad that he dropped all of them fast and focus on his mission and ambitions. But I must accept that he will hit his puberty soon and DC will hint him with many girls, just like his father and brothers. As much as I want it, he will not stay as kid forever.
    I just want him a teenager. For ever and ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I swear Damian and Emiko were the same age and size before. Idk what happened but with the new run she just had a massive growth spurt and gained two years on him.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't know why, but I found it hilarious! xD #FansConfuson... SO relatable!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I agree with you that DC are starting to give Damian a love interest. I think its only a matter of time before he gains his definitive love interest. Similiar to Tim with Steph or Dick with Starfire or Batgirl.

With the rythm the whole plot goes, I hope we will live to that day...! Hopefully in this decade! xD (I am waiting for Damian's and Djinn's kiss for a year.... xD ).......

Agreed. I don't see Damian having lots of love interest
    While it is a bit dissapointing, because it won't be as much fun as it is with the rest of the batboys and their romances, it is better... Imagine to have another "Barbara vs Starfire" war....
    Also... Do you think (apart from Raven, Emiko and Djinn) that Damian will be attracted only to criminals or women similar to Selina?

Damian in canon has only ever had a crush on Emiko. A mild crush that if it wasn't for the writer saying so on social media we would have missed it
    Katana and Djinn are fans reading into things
    You mean Djinn isn't an actual crush or that it is a ship that is given to the fans ready?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    While it is a bit dissapointing, because it won't be as much fun as it is with the rest of the batboys and their romances, it is better... Imagine to have another "Barbara vs Starfire" war....
    Also... Do you think (apart from Raven, Emiko and Djinn) that Damian will be attracted only to criminals or women similar to Selina?
    Don't think so. Unlike Bruce Damian doesn't have any sympathy for criminals, even kid or woman criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    I just want him a teenager. For ever and ever.
    Me too. Even though adult Damian Al-Ghul is not bad Green suits him so much. I hope when or if Damian graduates from Robin and pick his own hero (or maybe antihero) identity, his costume will have green themed.

Me too. Even though adult Damian Al-Ghul is not bad Green suits him so much. I hope when or if Damian graduates from Robin and pick his own hero (or maybe antihero) identity, his costume will have green themed.
    Well, Dick is blue, Jason is red, Tim is...brown? So Green works for Damian quite well.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Wallace is the Loverman of this TT generation. 1st Raven now Emi.

Emiko can't have feeling for Damian when she's crushing big time on Nightwing
    Yep. My guy been pimping since becoming KF. Tanya was another, and is sometimes flirty with, Avery.

Glad Emi's crush on Nightwing is still remembered and every time she stands next to Damian, it just looks awkward because of the height difference. A 13 year old boy under 5 feet. Grow!

Despite the fact that you barely had any interaction with him, barely had any fight with him except about secret prison when you didn't hesitate to tell your loved one that he's abandoned by his villain relative?
    Not barely, they argue quite a bit. Going by memory all the relevant interactions with Emi n KF. First 3 issues as the new team all they did was argue.

#20 Emi shoots an arrow through his phone, calls him an idiot, and a distraction.
    #21 Argues over how to deal with Gizmo
    #22 Emi scolds KF the whole issue, and blames him for Roundhouse's "death"
    #24 Emi smiles at him while pulling a rod out of his leg, KF then saves her as they're fallen through the collapsing building. KF teasing her for not getting a thank you.
    #29 Argue over the prison, later tells KF the "team" needs him.
    #30 More arguing over the prison. Emi holds her bow and arrow to his face. KF asks is she gonna kill him too? Emi eventually tells him if he's so self righteous why didn't he use his speed to stop her from shooting, Deathstroke? Reading between the lines almost seemed like she hoped he would. Could possibly tie to the fear.
    #33 Emi felt KF was the least likely to be the traitor. In fact last on her list.
    #36 While KF is bummed about RH's betrayal and powers were out of wack, Emi shows some concern and suggests maybe meditation. KF brushes it off, while Roundhouse asks does she still think about Deathstroke's "death" while suggesting KF probably does. Emi denies carrying about what KF thinks. Could also maybe tie into the fear later on.
    #37 They're about to drown, admit they care about each other. Accepting their fate, hold hands as they sink into the water.
    #40 Well.. what we saw.

All of that can be interpreted differently by readers. All I know is if this is what Glass wanted then he should've spent even more time on it as he did with the other three.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Yep. My guy been pimping since becoming KF. Tanya was another, and is sometimes flirty with, Avery.

Glad Emi's crush on Nightwing is still remembered and every time she stands next to Damian, it just looks awkward because of the height difference. A 13 year old boy under 5 feet. Grow!

Not barely, they argue quite a bit. Going by memory all the relevant interactions with Emi n KF. First 3 issues as the new team all they did was argue.

#20 Emi shoots an arrow through his phone, calls him an idiot, and a distraction.
    #21 Argues over how to deal with Gizmo
    #22 Emi scolds KF the whole issue, and blames him for Roundhouse's "death"
    #24 Emi smiles at him while pulling a rod out of his leg, KF then saves her as they're fallen through the collapsing building. KF teasing her for not getting a thank you.
    #29 Argue over the prison, later tells KF the "team" needs him.
    #30 More arguing over the prison. Emi holds her bow and arrow to his face. KF asks is she gonna kill him too? Emi eventually tells him if he's so self righteous why didn't he use his speed to stop her from shooting, Deathstroke? Reading between the lines almost seemed like she hoped he would. Could possibly tie to the fear.
    #33 Emi felt KF was the least likely to be the traitor. In fact last on her list.
    #36 While KF is bummed about RH's betrayal and powers were out of wack, Emi shows some concern and suggests maybe meditation. KF brushes it off, while Roundhouse asks does she still think about Deathstroke's "death" while suggesting KF probably does. Emi denies carrying about what KF thinks. Could also maybe tie into the fear later on.
    #37 They're about to drown, admit they care about each other. Accepting their fate, hold hands as they sink into the water.
    #40 Well.. what we saw.

All of that can be interpreted differently by readers. All I know is if this is what Glass wanted then he should've spent even more time on it as he did with the other three.
    Welp, guess I am the one who insensitive of their relationship.