Page 26 of 313 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    She was gonna hump Bruce with him watching she don’t care
    Na. It's Bruce's other love that likes doing it in the open

Fantastic Member

I hope DC doesn’t ruin Damien by unnecessarily aging him. I think they BOY wonder should remain a boy, and aging ROBIN ages BATMAN and all the supporting characters.
    By my unarguably perfect calculations, given the way previous Robins have been aged Bruce Wayne Is at least 65 years old, and Alfred is 128.
    It has to stop.

Damian's been around long enough for me to not really mind if they decide to timeskip him older. As long as it's not handled as poorly as Jon was, I'm all for young characters eventually growing up. That's part of the fun of being their fans. Seeing the people they grow up to become. Just look at Franklin Richards, The Runaways, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, and most of the Teen Titans. It's been a blast seeing those characters' journeys into adulthood or their late teens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Arthur IV View Post
    Oh wow. Bendis compared Damian to Hitler. Kudos for the brilliant idea.
    Clearly the LOS members made a mistake. They've mixed up their Robins. Damian has done a lot of bad things but nothing that would warrant that comparison. Tim on the other hand is the only Robin who in canon has gone down the fascist route.

The words of those members doesn't mean anything what matters is canon. It's just a bit dodgy that Bendis tried to pass on his fav Robin's deplorable tendencies onto his least fav.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Damian's been around long enough for me to not really mind if they decide to timeskip him older. As long as it's not handled as poorly as Jon was, I'm all for young characters eventually growing up. That's part of the fun of being their fans. Seeing the people they grow up to become. Just look at Franklin Richards, The Runaways, Kitty Pryde, Jubilee, and most of the Teen Titans. It's been a blast seeing those characters' journeys into adulthood or their late teens.
    The thing with Damian ageing is that the more he ages the more of a problem he becomes. Damian is different from all the characters you listed in that he isn't a super, he's folks aren't supers [where you could say that their powers delay aging] and more importantly he's ageing adversely impacts DC's Cash cow.

Ageing Damian is pointless since we have Tim and Duke currently as the older teens. It makes no sense for there to be 3. Sure we can see stories of older Damian now and again but not as a permanent thing.
    Last edited by Fergus; 01-16-2020 at 08:19 PM.

oh I agree, there's no reason at all to do it now. Especially since they just kinda did it with Rebirth. But I'm cool with it happening eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Clearly the LOS members made a mistake. They've mixed up their Robins. Damian has done a lot of bad things but nothing that would warrant that comparison. Tim on the other hand is the only Robin who in canon has gone down the fascist route.

The words of those members doesn't mean anything what matters is canon. It's just a bit dodgy that Bendis tried to pass on his fav Robin's deplorable tendencies onto his least fav.
    I think Bendis made reference to Batman 666 when he did this, which is stupid because it's a possible future that MAY happen. That's why Brainiac 5 said they were being unfair to Damian, and that they should be rooting for him. Also the Nuclear Winter issue was pretty good. Damian and Ra's made me laugh and feel sad simultaneously, I just felt sad at Supergirls part.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I hope DC doesn’t ruin Damien by unnecessarily aging him. I think they BOY wonder should remain a boy, and aging ROBIN ages BATMAN and all the supporting characters.
    By my unarguably perfect calculations, given the way previous Robins have been aged Bruce Wayne Is at least 65 years old, and Alfred is 128.
    It has to stop.
    Aging him further means Tim generation has too moove

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Ageing Damian is pointless since we have Tim and Duke currently as the older teens. It makes no sense for there to be 3. Sure we can see stories of older Damian now and again but not as a permanent thing.
    With 3 former Robin, aging up Damian makes really no sense, Damian would loose what lets him stand out, and if you want to keep the ages somehow logical, you had to age all the current teen characters, which would to lead to even more problems...

I think that DC has reached a point where they can't really have their characters age anymore in the main continuity.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Aging him further means Tim generation has too moove
    Nah, Tim is an immortal wizard. Last time Damian aged three years and Tim is still 16-17.

Incredible Member

I'm still waiting for the day Damian is suddenly older than Tim.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Nah, Tim is an immortal wizard. Last time Damian aged three years and Tim is still 16-17.
    Exactly he cat get any closer

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    I think Bendis made reference to Batman 666 when he did this, which is stupid because it's a possible future that MAY happen. That's why Brainiac 5 said they were being unfair to Damian, and that they should be rooting for him. Also the Nuclear Winter issue was pretty good. Damian and Ra's made me laugh and feel sad simultaneously, I just felt sad at Supergirls part.
    Batman 666 who exchanged his soul to protect Gotham and who is shown trying to empower the citizens of Gotham? He wasn't anything like Hitler. He was even more diplomatic than current Damian so even if the Hitler was simply to imply that Damian was a dictator then that's not even anywhere close.

I know a lot of fans who haven't read the story do tend to misinterpret that Batman as bad but he wasn't evil. He was a Batman who kills yes so maybe Bats who kill are automatically evil to some. I disagree.

I did enjoy Nuclear Winter. It's sad yet nice seeing Damian finally at peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    With 3 former Robin, aging up Damian makes really no sense, Damian would loose what lets him stand out, and if you want to keep the ages somehow logical, you had to age all the current teen characters, which would to lead to even more problems...

I think that DC has reached a point where they can't really have their characters age anymore in the main continuity.
    The new Timeline that DC's being teasing [might have even started taking effect from the last WW issue] is aging all characters up to their real time age.

I wonder what that would look like?

1579270009821.jpg

TEEN TITANS #41
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    At the gates of heaven itself, the Teen Titans must battle Djinn’s older brother Elias with the fate of the world hanging in the balance! But victory comes at a terrible cost—because one of the Teen Titans won’t be making it back!
    ON SALE 04.15.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.

1579270075807.jpg

TEEN TITANS ANNUAL #2
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by JAVIER FERNANDEZ
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    After Batman discovers the Teen Titans’ most shocking secrets, he arrives at Mercy Hall…and he wants a word with Robin. Don’t miss the confrontation between father and son that will alter the very course of the DC Universe. Will the Teen Titans ever be the same?
    ON SALE 04.29.20
    $4.99 US | 48 PAGES
    FC | DC

April solicits!! What could annual 2 mean!