Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
I disliked Sasuke in all Naruto and didn't like Sesshomaru, now, Zuko, is the example of bad deep complicated personality good heart bad boy easily to fall in love.

I don't know about put all them in just one group, because there is an "egoistic factor" that separete this. Damian, Zuko, maybe Vegeta, have this proud, auto sacrifice, brave heart and a insecurete, they are more needy too. Sasuke and Sessho are more egoistic, strong, help other but not in the same level?
Damian is like "I want to say something nice, but I don't know how because feelings are complicate for someone like me" and Sasuke is like "Meh, just don't wanna to say nothing nice for nobody, whatever".
or
Jason - bad deep complicated deep injured personality explosive good heart bad boy.
Genos - Naive serious complicated good good heart cold boy.

I thought this now because "bad boy" or "serious boy" or "cold boy" are actually not very good classifications? I don't know, it's just because I really disliked Sasuke and Damian is my favorite current character now.

But my original point was >< Damian is a character with appeals, and would be welcomed in any media. I am sad thinking about DC take him out.
Sorry for putting Damian as the same category as Sasuke. I also hate that guy with passion, but I want to make character reference knowable enough for non-anime fans, because I'm such a weeb. Hmm.. perhaps Damian is more similar with Bakugo? They're both arrogant people with verbal abusive tendencies, but competent and responsible (CMIIW I don't know much about Bakugo, I'm more Shinsou fans. Yes I love to torture myself by stanning minor character). Or you can compare him to Iron Man, but remove the happy-go attitude. One thing that makes me interesting is creator of Iron Man (Stan Lee) and creator of Damian (Grant Morrison) were purposely makes their characters unlikable by reader.

Stan Lee's word:
"The readers, the young readers, if there was one thing they hated, it was war, it was the military ... So I got a hero who represented that to the hundredth degree. He was a weapons manufacturer, he was providing weapons for the Army, he was rich, he was an industrialist ... I thought it would be fun to take the kind of character that nobody would like, none of our readers would like, and shove him down their throats and make them like him ... And he became very popular."

Grant Morrison's word :
"Dick Grayson makes a great Batman because he’s been developed over the years as this consummate superhero. He was Batman’s original partner, so he’s been trained by the best. So we kind of knew what he would be like, but to throw Damian into the mix and suddenly have Batman’s evil 10-year-old son as the new Robin really created the dynamic that makes the bit work."
"Batman is dead. Robin is now Batman and Batman's evil son is now Robin."
"There are certain things that seem to make sense at the time like making Damian a little bastard and killing him off…"
"I was quite surprised it worked, because we planned to kill Damian off in the first four issues, and then he seemed too full of potential. . . ."

Not even their creator expect them to become this popular XD XD