Page 165 of 313 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    But, at this point I wouldn't remove the soap opera angle from Teen Titans because then what makes it different from other books featuring young heroes? Now the comic book market has so many options for reading about young heroes Ms. Marvel, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Runaways, Wonder Twins, Young Justice, Naomi, Champions if Marvel Comics brings that back. Although, I find it interesting that Champions was the kind of fun book that some people say they wanted Teen Titans to be. It had established characters who either had their own books or just completed their runs on their titles. Not to mention fun stories.
    But, that book got canceled. So, being different from the norm of Superhero titles is really a good thing for Teen Titans overall.
    Champions was good, I was disappointed when it got cancelled. A certain subset of fans hated that book because they felt that it had too many minorities, was ' too woke'and felt that the older generation of Marvel heroes were going to be replaced. Sometimes I wonder if the ranting if those fans played a role in the book getting cancelled.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Champions was good, I was disappointed when it got cancelled. A certain subset of fans hated that book because they felt that it had too many minorities, was ' too woke'and felt that the older generation of Marvel heroes were going to be replaced. Sometimes I wonder if the ranting if those fans played a role in the book getting cancelled.
    I don't think it was those toxic fans. More than anything I think the way the Marvel universe is setup caused that book to really not stand a chance. From the moment that Stan Lee killed off the character of Bucky Marvel basically removed any aspects of sickicks or legacy characters from their universe.

Now that they are trying to establish their own version of the Teen Titans a team focusing on establishing young characters who are typically legacy characters or sidekicks when their own universe is not built on that concept of legacy and generations of heroes like DC I feel like Champions was doomed to fail. DC took over 75 years to establish multiple generations of heroes and legacy characters. Marvel wants legacy without putting in the work.

Perfect example to compete with Detective Comics 1000 and Action Comics 1000 they put out Marvel Comics 1000. Not Amazing Spiderman 1000 or Captain America 1000 but Marvel Comics 1000. That's kind of attitude is why Champions failed.

Everyone always talks about how bad Damian is as a leader but his big brothers Dick and Tim also started out as rather bad leaders too. None of the Robins were effective leaders when they first started out. Dick really didn't grow to the leader we know today until he was in his late teens nearly becoming Nightwing. Tim wasn't truly effective until he was Red Robin. Damian is 13 by the end of the those movies he was nearly 15 or 16. If you read any old Teen Titans books you will see Dick and Tim underwent serious growth in their leadership throughout the years to become what they are known for today. That is the point of Teen Titans to see that growth in these young heroes as they learn from their past mistakes. So I completely agree that with age comes wisdom. Damian is still only 13 in the comics.
    I would agree to some degree, but Damian hasn't learned anything in this book, he has only forgotten about things he already knew.
    Characters starting out making mistakes and learning from them is growth, Damian in TT is either going in circles or getting worse.
    That's not something we want to read. And unlike you most people in this thread really only read this book for Damian. I would argue the majority or readers did, probably one of the reasons sales have become so bad. A lot of Damian fans don't want to pay money for seeing Damian get trashed.

Extraordinary Member

The soap opera angle worked(though there were a few things I thought went horribly wrong as the series progressed) in the 1980s when Wolfman was writing, but it's not working now and hasn't worked for years.
    Did we really had books that went for the soap opera angle in the past years?

I wouldn't mind at all if Damian left the Teen Titans book for a while. It means other characters can get more development. I know this is the Damian Wayne appreciation forum but I don't read Teen Titans for Damian I read it for Teen Titans. One of the major problems with Percy's run is that he focused so much on Damian that other characters were neglected in terms of development. Glass' used Damian in his run but he is not the total focus other members had interesting arcs that kept me interested and I will be continuing to read once Damian is gone. To be honest every Robin has left the Teen Titans at one point or another and came back so this is just part of the course of reading Teen Titans for me.
    I think this book is going to tank even harder once Damian is gone. And I really hope Damian doesn't return to this team. Too much bad history. Let this team die.

Astonishing Member

Champions was good, I was disappointed when it got cancelled.
    If you're talking about Marvel's Champions, they're going back this autumn with Outlawed storyline.
    Regarding Titans, just my opinion, but they indeed need some big reboot and completely new and strong writer. New 52 run was horrible, Percy's run wasn't bad at all, but the biggest mistake from the beginning was to utilize original members alongside Damian, instead of letting them go (yeah, I know that they're popular and that was the reason) and using characters from Damian's generation, like Nobody, Emiko, Jon, Kathy, Wallace also would fit there way better, and that would follow original idea at least. Glass had a right concept from the beggining - using a new characters instead of the old ones, but great concept was ruined by the desire to write not the Titans, but some teenage Suicide Squad, lol. And storyline was clearly influenced by changing plans, at first there was one direction, now it has changed, and no one knows what will happen next. But new characters were alright, the only thing, I didn't like Jinn. It wasn't worst run ever, but it could've been better, but again, just my opinion.
    Speaking specifically about Damian, now, in all probability, the main goal is to bring him out of the Titans and continue his arc already in the Batcomics. Judging by all that's going on, apparently, Tynion and Abernatti want to collect all the Bat characters and use them without looking at other comics. Most likely this is the reason why Damian will be removed from the Titans in general. And that's why Tim probably will head back to Gotham and will be there. Bat-editor group wants them all.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-29-2020 at 01:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

I don't think it was those toxic fans. More than anything I think the way the Marvel universe is setup caused that book to really not stand a chance. From the moment that Stan Lee killed off the character of Bucky Marvel basically removed any aspects of sickicks or legacy characters from their universe.

Now that they are trying to establish their own version of the Teen Titans a team focusing on establishing young characters who are typically legacy characters or sidekicks when their own universe is not built on that concept of legacy and generations of heroes like DC I feel like Champions was doomed to fail. DC took over 75 years to establish multiple generations of heroes and legacy characters. Marvel wants legacy without putting in the work.

Perfect example to compete with Detective Comics 1000 and Action Comics 1000 they put out Marvel Comics 1000. Not Amazing Spiderman 1000 or Captain America 1000 but Marvel Comics 1000. That's kind of attitude is why Champions failed.
    True, but I feel like Marvel is doing a better job with their teenage characters right now than DC.

That's not hard - too many big name Titans are in limbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If you're talking about Marvel's Champions, they're going back this autumn with Outlawed storyline.

Speaking specifically about Damian, now, in all probability, the main goal is to bring him out of the Titans and continue his arc already in the Batcomics. Judging by all that's going on, apparently, Tynion and Abernatti want to collect all the Bat characters and use them without looking at other comics. Most likely this is the reason why Damian will be removed from the Titans in general. And that's why Tim probably will head back to Gotham and will be there. Bat-editor group wants them all.
    Yeah, I'd be very surprised if Champions isn't in the October solicits, as both Miles Morales and Ms. Marvel are back in September.

And yes, that YJ issue about Tim and Steph seems to be setting up their departure from the team. Looks like Impulse will be taking charge, as he was the one who recruited the newer members. TT needs some new members if it's going to continue much longer. It can't survive with only four members and no Trinity rep.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-29-2020 at 10:51 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I liked Percy's run going for a mix of the old generation (Kory, Gar, and Raven) and the new (Damian, Jackson, and Wallace). It reminded me of Johns' run in that regard, and that was my favorite TT run so I was already on board with the concept.

It's just....the execution was lacking. The team just had zero chemistry with each other, aside from everyone but Jackson bickering with Damian all the time (almost like it was trying to prepare us for Glass' run). And while Damian being the one who brings them together is cool...him being the leader just seemed really...unearned. Mostly because this was his first real experience on a team, and said team has three veteran Titans (All of whom have had leadership experience over the years if the Titans' previous history has really been restored). It makes sense for a character with his...ego to try to be the leader, but for the others to go along with it (even if it seemed like they were just humoring him sometimes) didn't. One of the only times I really felt like he needed to lead that team was when he fired Wallace. But then everyone treated him like the bad guy for that, and Wallace had the nerve to act like he was owed an apology.

It was a nice assortment of characters (Minus Wallace. But Glass' run did make me warm up to him a little. I don't hate him anymore. Now I just think he's boring. I'd have switched him out for Jackson at the start and have Jon take the "new guy" position). But, outside of Aqualad's arc, it just didn't really feel like it was going anywhere. Like Percy had all the right pieces but didn't know what to do with them.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-29-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Well while it appears DCeased Dead Planet is now scheduled for next week, it would appear that the digital exclusive Hope at worlds end #4 will be out tomorrow with the story of Damian becoming Batman. Here’s the solicitation.

“The world needs a Batman but Damian is struggling with the enormity of the mantle…can the Man of Steel help? And seeking safe haven, Suicide Squad’s Wink and The Aerie reach the fortress of Jotunheim…but is anywhere left on Earth safe from the unliving?!"
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well while it appears DCeased Dead Planet is now scheduled for next week, it would appear that the digital exclusive Hope at worlds end #4 will be out tomorrow with the story of Damian becoming Batman. Here’s the solicitation.

“The world needs a Batman but Damian is struggling with the enormity of the mantle…can the Man of Steel help? And seeking safe haven, Suicide Squad’s Wink and The Aerie reach the fortress of Jotunheim…but is anywhere left on Earth safe from the unliving?!"
    It did stand out to me that Damian in the 1st series kept referring to his dad as batman even after Bruce passed and he donned the cowl

With cons cancelled DC's doing an online con so if you have have any questions re Damian, his future , Robin, Tt etc then you can submit your questions

https://questions.dcfandome.com/

The Damirav fandom have been circulating this like crazy. I hope most questions re Damian don't end up shipping related.
    Now that he's had one love interest some fans are going crazy even bugging Tom Taylor about a possible WonderBat in DCeased.
    WTF!?

Damian isn't a ladykiller he can barely relate with people not to mention having multi love interests

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    With cons cancelled DC's doing an online con so if you have have any questions re Damian, his future , Robin, Tt etc then you can submit your questions

The Damirav fandom have been circulating this like crazy. I hope most questions re Damian don't end up shipping related.
    At least half will be, probably. Especially regarding Raven. This whole thing, to my great surprise, really turned out to be popular, lol.
    I just hope that at this event will be some information about his next alias and direction, since it will start already after Annual, so he won't be a Robin at that moment.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

Now that he's had one love interest some fans are going crazy even bugging Tom Taylor about a possible WonderBat in DCeased.
    WTF!?

Damian isn't a ladykiller he can barely relate with people not to mention having multi love interests
    I think Damian is the type of man who make women feel disappointed in the moment he opened his mouth XD

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

At least half will be, probably. Especially regarding Raven. This whole thing, to my great surprise, really turned out to be popular, lol.
    For me for some reason fans are kinda desperate for him to have love interest. When he just had Colin as his only possible friend, some fans already made romantic fanfic about them. Also with Maya. I even found some fic about him and steph, him and maps, him and Jon (mostly superbat fans). Also him and Marinette, the fact that his pairing with a girl from a completely unrelated TV show are quite popular speaks about how thirsty some fans for Damian to have a pairing.

I just hope that at this event will be some information about his next alias and direction, since it will start already after Annual, so he won't be a Robin at that moment.
    I have a feeling DC is not generous enough to give us big spoiler like that, but at least they will cruel enough to torment us by teasing with some information, even though probably it will make us more frustrated.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-30-2020 at 04:36 AM.