Page 157 of 203 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 3039
  1. #2341
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, since we were already talking about the period after the reboot (well, assuming that after Death Metal we are really waiting for large-scale changes), maybe deage will happen to Damian too? Since he gets a new alias (presumably as long as we know almost nothing), then perhaps it would have made more sense if he had become older. Perhaps this is also a loophole in order to reunite him with Jon, if there is no retcon.
    In Death Metal the universe that we knew was destroyed, plus there, apparently, some time has passed since this happened. And also, by the way, Snyder said that the matured Damian will appear in Death Metal (but did not specify what version). Maybe they really decided then to make him older in new universe?
    Damian isn't going to be aged up even if there is a reboot. The reason why comics hate bio kids is that they make their parents older. Bruce Batman Wayne is the thing that carries DC comics. DC doesn't want him to be aged up. That's why they keep trying to kill of Dick generation.

    Supersons isn't worth Damian getting aged up wtf Damian is a lot more than Supersons.

    He is an independent character as is Jon. It's a good thing that they got separated. It allows them to grow. Thet are not joined at the waist.

    Supersons can still be pals Damian was 3 years older now Jon is 4 years older. It's perfect since Damian acts much older than 13

    Death metal isn't a reboot
    The Adult Damian in Death metal is just like Batman who laughs or the B-rex. Alternate versions from the multiverse. batman isn't about to become a T-Rex

  2. #2342
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I don't get it, Big Bird are you being sarcastic? Just a joke because he is smoll?
    Dick should be Big Bird

    Speaking of Nick names i like that both in comics and movies Damian is Baby Bat Given to him by Harley
    Babs named him lil D
    Jon calls him D
    Dick calls him Dami or Dames as does Talia

    There's also Demon spawn which is mean spirited and wrong

  3. #2343
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default



    Looks like Damian's first victim will be brother blood

  4. #2344
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,500

    Default

    I know, with the current Batman and the wau he act with his family, Damian will be in a more caring and loving environment being on the loose and away from him. That's how sad the situation is...

  5. #2345
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I know, with the current Batman and the wau he act with his family, Damian will be in a more caring and loving environment being on the loose and away from him. That's how sad the situation is...
    With the way Bruce has been written for the past few years it's not like I personally think Damian should stay with him, but we all know how DC is.
    If you go against Batman you'll probably be treated worse than if you're with him. I expect DC to continue to shit on Damian in this conflict.

  6. #2346
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post


    Looks like Damian's first victim will be brother blood
    Love that cover! Very similar to issue #32 but still might be one of my favorites of this run.

  7. #2347
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,833

    Default

    Wasn't it not long ago that Damian couldn't kill Slade and refused to kill the prisoners?

    Interesting. That off-panel mentoring must have been extraordinary. Damian's really trying really hard to be more like the old Jason.

    Jason should be the one who does what Batman can't not Robin. because why should any of the batboys ever have anything that sets them apart I guess
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-19-2020 at 07:31 PM.

  8. #2348
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    New to this thread but I'd like to give my thought about new aliases for Tim and Damian.
    For Tim I think the alias of Drake could still work, entirely depending on the writers.

    For Damian, how about the alias Rokh? The mythological bird from Arabian mythology. It suits his heritage, plus didn't Dick originally got his Nightwing alias from Superman, which came from Kryptonian myths (correct me if I'm wrong), giving Dick and Damian something in common with two names coming from mythology. And Damian would still have a bird themed name.
    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Of Damian ever took Rokh/Roc as a code name...

    ...Then his nickname *MUST* be...

    ...BIG BIRD.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    lol! That works on so many levels. I love it.

    Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    The Rokh/Roc creature from mythology is a bird that picks up elephants, so the irony of Damian being the shortest sidekick with an oversized code name *does* have an immediate sarcasm to it.

    ...But it also acts as an opposite to the “Little bird” nickname that Tim got from Shiva, and that I know at least one other Robin has somewhere.
    Damian "the Rokh" Wayne...I love it.

  9. #2349
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Wasn't it not long ago that Damian couldn't kill Slade and refused to kill the prisoners?

    Interesting. That off-panel mentoring must have been extraordinary. Damian's really trying really hard to be more like the old Jason.

    Jason should be the one who does what Batman can't not Robin. because why should any of the batboys ever have anything that sets them apart I guess
    I'm kinda mad this comic just expects me to buy Damian would seriously start killing that easily again, especially with that motivation. Damian should know by now you can't stop crime in DC by killing criminals.

    Damian's descent into darkness is so lazy. If someone were to ask me to explain why he does any of this my honest answer would be: Because DC needs reasons to kick him out of the role. The reasons in the story are way too weak to explain Damian change in ideology.

  10. #2350
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I'm kinda mad this comic just expects me to buy Damian would seriously start killing that easily again, especially with that motivation. Damian should know by now you can't stop crime in DC by killing criminals.

    Damian's descent into darkness is so lazy. If someone were to ask me to explain why he does any of this my honest answer would be: Because DC needs reasons to kick him out of the role. The reasons in the story are way too weak to explain Damian change in ideology.
    You would be correct.

    This was posted on Comic vine






    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batma...77910/?page=94

  11. #2351
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You would be correct.

    This was posted on Comic vine






    https://comicvine.gamespot.com/batma...77910/?page=94
    Yeah, I already saw that, but it's not just that. A plot can be editorially mandated and still be well written and make sense for the character.
    This developement doesn't make sense, I don't get why Damian acts this way. DC wanting him to act like this is literally the only explanation there is.

  12. #2352
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    I also really don't see where Glass was exploring Damian's humanity. That would have required Glass to know what character he was writing about.

  13. #2353
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...50&postcount=1
    Here is the link to the preview in case someone hasn't read it yet.

    I know this is editorially mandated and he inherited this thing from Glass, but so far I'm not impressed, especially by Damian's characterization.

  14. #2354
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Damian's side of the conflict feels extremely forced. Batman doesn't just react. The guy has contingency plans for almost any situation for crying out loud. He's currently rebuilding the entirety of Gotham to combat the roots of crime.
    And what is Damian's plan in this? Kill all the criminals to stop crime? He shouldn't be that dumb.

    This comic could have been the perfect opportunity to talk about the actual problems in Bruce and Damian's relationship and instead it's wasting our time with this.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-19-2020 at 10:19 PM.

  15. #2355
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...50&postcount=1
    Here is the link to the preview in case someone hasn't read it yet.

    I know this is editorially mandated and he inherited this thing from Glass, but so far I'm not impressed, especially by Damian's characterization.
    That's a nice picture of Damian and Alfred.
    I like Crush popping in to check on RH

    Glad they touched on Damian's lack of guidance. He was at a crisis point and needed correct guidance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •