Page 162 of 313 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 4692
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I looked at the preview, so far no fighting. Just Terry getting Damian to the batcave to receive treatment for his wounds.
    My bad. The cover lied to us. His fight with Terry is just like on one panel and even that because of after effect of Bruce's portable Lazarus Pit.
    Hell... They really really do Damian dirty to bait readers

Extraordinary Member

Why do they want him to not belong so bad

And all the people who loved him for as he is taken away
    Cut this future villain stuff

Astonishing Member

About Blood, judging by solitications, KGBeast has something to do with his murder. "Robin begins a hunt that leads him to the KGBeast, the same assassin who wounded and nearly killed the first Robin, Dick Grayson. Will Damian Wayne cross the line to enact brutal revenge on the Russian villain—or can the Teen Titans temper the current Robin’s rage?" - so, investigation probably will lead to KGBeast somehow, that's the reason why Damian will clash with him. And "crossing the line" part links to KGBeast as well. But again, maybe it's misleading or they changed plans. So, there's a good chance that Damian won't be a murderer after all. We'll see.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-24-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    My bad. The cover lied to us. His fight with Terry is just like on one panel and even that because of after effect of Bruce's portable Lazarus Pit.
    Hell... They really really do Damian dirty to bait readers
    Damian is the cad. He isn't supposed to be easy to like. Damian is designed to be the sort of character that you love to hate. Grant Morrison described him as just like Batman dialled up in a 10 year old body. His skills , personality, arrogance that comes with always winning because he knows he has the skill to back it up. So 'A really annoying little ****'.

He is flawed and not like the other Robins who are social and are usually good nice people.

The Robin that pisses you off that is his corner.

So I guess that's why he always gets the "Oh my god what the **** has he done now type covers and stories.
    Bendis said he has fun writing Damian because you can get away with saying and doing thing's that you can't with other heroes because he is a spoilt brash kid with a mouth

Until WB sent them an email? So Son of Batman'a movie is the reason why Damian's death is not permanent? I see.. Perhaps DC really don't want to bring him back, that's why they set Damian badly so they can get rid of him without any protest. Looking at the situation, perhaps it's better if Damian was permanently died on Batman Incorporated. No, I think it's better if Damian died in the end of RSOB for a long time, instead for a few minutes. I can see maya became devastated, came out of the cave, see Batman and Talia still argued with each other, and smack them both. Seriously my brain, stop creating angst plot!!!

Writers get loyalties from original characters, so maybe Thompson will create one or two original character to add them as new member of TT, replacing Damian and Djinn
    I don't know the contents of the WB email or why they decided to pull rank on DC to bring him back [someone likely saw potential in the Damian. Damian also convinced them to give Clark a bio kid]

Dc was fine with replacing Damian. WB stepping in only became public knowledge because Snyder revealed it in an interview on why Duke didn't become Robin.

I'm glad Damian was brought back.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    About Blood, judging by solitications, KGBeast has something to do with his murder. "Robin begins a hunt that leads him to the KGBeast, the same assassin who wounded and nearly killed the first Robin, Dick Grayson. Will Damian Wayne cross the line to enact brutal revenge on the Russian villain—or can the Teen Titans temper the current Robin’s rage?" - so, investigation probably will lead to KGBeast somehow, that's the reason why Damian will clash with him. And "crossing the line" part links to KGBeast as well. But again, maybe it's misleading or they changed plans. So, there's a good chance that Damian won't be a murderer after all. We'll see.
    Hmm.. but TT 44 solicitation implied that he will kill again, although not sure about that. Maybe the one who get changed is involvement of KGBeast, because I don't see how KGBeast related with Brother Blood's case. By the way, where's KGBeast right now? Last time I saw him when's he's incapitated after Bruce's beating, and I don't read Batgirl.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-24-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Hmm.. but TT 44 solicitation implied that he will kill again, although not sure about that. Maybe the one who get changed is involvement of KGBeast, because I don't see how KGBeast related with Brother Blood's case. By the way, where's KGBeast right now? Last time I saw him when's he's incapitated after Bruce's beating, and I don't read Batgirl.
    Solitications that type of thing, that can't be trust for sure) Just like posters - they showed there Blood's body and Damian's bloody hand, but in the issue they didn't confirm that he's the murderer, even with everything implying that's him. By the way, this, perhaps, shows that it is not him, because it’s too stupid writing, to make intrigue out of the obvious. But it also can happen anyway, so...
    I've got a feeling, that they seriously changed plans. Blood's storyline originally wasn't even mentioned in solitications, and encounter with Bruce probably had to happen earlier.

Spectacular Member

Solitications that type of thing, that can't be trust for sure) Just like posters - they showed there Blood's body and Damian's bloody hand, but in the issue they didn't confirm that he's the murderer, even with everything implying that's him. By the way, this, perhaps, shows that it is not him, because it’s too stupid writing, to make intrigue out of the obvious. But it also can happen anyway, so...
    I've got a feeling, that they seriously changed plans. Blood's storyline originally wasn't even mentioned in solitications, and encounter with Bruce probably had to happen earlier.
    I have a feeling that they're going to move in the direction of the Brother Blood storyline and that Damian's confrontation with the KGBeast has been dropped. The next issue is who killed brother blood. Maybe because Dick is coming back so soon?

He was in Batgirl yesterday as it happens, fought Barbara and Batwoman.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    I have a feeling that they're going to move in the direction of the Brother Blood storyline and that Damian's confrontation with the KGBeast has been dropped. The next issue is who killed brother blood. Maybe because Dick is coming back so soon?
    Damian might just investigate KG Beast as a potential killer and they are just trying to overplay it in the solics. Batgirl was suppose to have a similar confrontation today with KG Best in this weeks issue according to the solics. There was barely anything like the solic sells in the issue. Batgirl tells Batwoman to go get him. That was pretty much it. So it’s possible solicitations are severely overplaying things to mislead readers into ordering.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I think I'd be happy more if DC committed to all their teasing of him killing again and save us from all the headaches.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I think I'd be happy more if DC committed to all their teasing of him killing again and save us from all the headaches.

Covers and solicitations at this point are really just the equivalent of old fashioned carnival barkers on the comic book world. Covers and solicitations are just meant to catch the reader's attention. Think about if you think a character you like is going to become a murderer or be killed themselves based on a cover or solicitation you have to pick it up to find out. This sort of stuff has been in comics for decades now. They can't tell you what actually happens or you may not get you to buy out of fear.

Perfect example was in the New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws run talking about the team breaking up and hating each other. Did that happen no. They just decided that they had other things to do and they left each other has friends.

Covers and solicitations at this point really mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Covers and solicitations at this point are really just the equivalent of old fashioned carnival barkers on the comic book world. Covers and solicitations are just meant to catch the reader's attention. Think about if you think a character you like is going to become a murderer or be killed themselves based on a cover or solicitation you have to pick it up to find out. This sort of stuff has been in comics for decades now. They can't tell you what actually happens or you may not get you to buy out of fear.
    Or thanks to the internet you simply wait to see if there is a shitstorm about the issue and if you don't like what you're hearing you decide to not give DC your money for that book till reviews of the story start sounding better again.
    I know lying to fans to get them to buy stuff is an old trick, but that doesn't mean I have to like it or give them money for it.
    I would welcome it if DC made me buy stuff because it sounds like something I want to read about, instead of trying to make me buy their stories to see how they screwed up this time.

But I guess that only works for me because I buy digitally. I assume it's more difficult for comic shops that have to order months in advance.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 06-25-2020 at 11:54 PM.

They definitely changed plans, we just don't know what the original plan was supposed to lead to and where it goes now.
    Brother Blood already was on the original cover for 42, but the solicitation talked about Mercy Hall and Robin being gone after a confrontation with Batman aka the annual that was supposed to come out before 42.
    Now the annual got pushed back to August, meaning the confrontation didn't happen yet, Mercy Hall and Robin are still there and even though the cover changed DC didn't bother to update the solicitation. I think the fight with KGBeast might still happen next issue. Damian either suspecting he might be behind this or trying to blame KGBeast for the kill sounds like a better explanation for why they are facing off than Damian suddenly deciding to enact revenge for Dick, something that happened months ago both for us and the characters.

Tynion said there are plans for Damian to show up in the bat titles again, we just don't know when that is going to be and how.
    Event Leviathan: Checkmate was apparently supposed to have Damian in it, maybe he was supposed to go there after the events of the annual.
    DC announced that Checkmate is postponed indefinitely yesterday. It's supposed to come back, but it sounds like too many plans at DC changed to publish the story as it was originally written.
    If Damian really was supposed to end up in the Checkmate storyline he might not go there now. Maybe he'll show up in Batman or Detective Comics instead.