Page 292 of 313 FirstFirst ... 192242282288289290291292293294295296302 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Shasow View Post
    My point is, Damian's journey up to this point whether it be good or bad should not be ignored, especially not a defining moment we just saw from Damian. The guy is literally choosing his own path, not one set by Ra's or Bruce, but his own. Damian's sense of justice clearly has some grey area (not to the extreme of his grandfather), another point that makes Damian quite compelling if handled right. Sorry to say but if he does a 180 and turns back to Robin two seconds later, it makes him look like a full fledged hypocrite.

Before I actually give my opinion this just what one person had say to Dc made a valiant attempt to villainise Damian but its just ended up making everyone else look like an hole because they are abandoning a clearly mentally unwell child (this could have all been solved had at least one of these fully grown adults checked up on him and gave him some support)

Also you point with other moot

Pointing out what happened with the other Robins is actually relevant to the point I was making, particularly in regards to Tim and Jason. Jason was killed off/ did writers ignore that fact? No, he became Red Hood years later and has had some great stories that have come from it. Even if there are some bad ones in there. Tim was asked to leave the Robin role when Dick took over as Batman/ did writers pretend like none of that happened once Bruce returned. No, they continued on with Tim as Red Robin and he had some decent stories from there/ at least until the New-52 hit(that's another topic in itself).
    13 year old character

stories that have come from it. Even if there are some bad ones in there. Tim was asked to leave the Robin role when Dick took over as Batman/ did writers pretend like none of that happened once Bruce returned. No, they continued on with Tim as Red Robin

What you Damian send back to league of assassins care there I get point a say your show actually colour and you won't what that would you

To one of your first points, I disagree about Damian taking it the hardest. Jason at the back end of Pre-52 was laughably awful in more ways than one. Damian was clearly mishandled in this latest TT run, but it didn't ruin the character for me.
    This not about you not is about me

Damian development was removed and characteristic that took ten year to develop that is a fact were teen titans ruin the character for you or not is point He should never be written that way in the first place and if you can't understand that don't reply back
    1. First and foremost Damian is not a villain. His sense of 'justice' is merrily twisted to a grey area right now stemming from what many would assume started with the death of Alfred. We all know this won't last for long.

2. Damian's development was not removed, it has been a cycle of things that have lead him full circle on his mindset in regards to 'the' mission. He's in a bad place right now, that's what I chop it up to.

Has there bad writing along the way leading Damian up to this point? No one is denying that. What I'm saying is Damian going back to Robin so suddenly without a resolving arc for his inner self would be ooc as heck. I would chop that up as bad writing. Questionable writing brought him to this point, again.. you can still have good writing to bring him back to team bat.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    If Damian returns to the Robin mantle, it'll also makes him one of the most pathetic characters ever written, and certainly the least deserving of the Robin title to ever have held it up. If he can throw it, tear it down and go all dramatic about it only to take it back as if nothing happened... I'm sorry but this character will be a sorry joke and DC would be well deserved to treat it as such. Throw him abck to Super Sons, have him be the pathetic piece of garbage he was in that book and starts him chosing to be called Ian in main continuity and whatever the hell peoples apparently want for this boy, because he won't be worth **** anymore.
    you know who else quit Robin? Dick and Tim let's just stop all this. It's not like we haven't been here before.

This arc is nothing new. It only didn't happen with Jay and Steph because their tenures were too short. Damian isn't the only Robin to quit and return.

This will not hurt damian since fans know exactly what is going on and fans expect him to come back.

Fans are aware of the the behind the scenes struggles that some have been trying to undermine the character since Morrison left.

They are aware that Snyder tried to bury Damian for Duke and now Tynion is trying to do the same for Tim's sake so I think that fans will understand [well enough of them]

Even down the line, this isn't going to hurt Damian because like I said we don't have his thought process. TT's hurt Damian. Leaving and returning to Robin isn't going to.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    you know who else quit Robin? Dick and Tim let's just stop all this. It's not like we haven't been here before.

This arc is nothing new. It only didn't happen with Jay and Steph because their tenures were too short. Damian isn't the only Robin to quit and return.

This will not hurt damian since fans know exactly what is going on and fans expect him to come back.

Fans are aware of the the behind the scenes struggles that some have been trying to undermine the character since Morrison left.

They are aware that Snyder tried to bury Damian for Duke and now Tynion is trying to do the same for Tim's sake so I think that fans will understand [well enough of them]

Even down the line, this isn't going to hurt Damian because like I said we don't have his thought process. TT's hurt Damian. Leaving and returning to Robin isn't going to.

But what does returning as Robin add to Damian's character growth? When Dick and Tim were written out of Robin both were attempts to make the character grow and move on. As poorly executed as the change may have been in TT, I see more opportunities to do something new with Damian when he's out of Robin than when he's returning to it.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Extraordinary Member

Detectives comics issue will resolve this for us next week?
    Hopefully leads to a new direction for him
    Is legion of superheroes cancelled or continuing on?

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, but I disagree. The thing is, Damian didn't stop being Robin to get more development in another mantle, or because he was supposed to take a new better identity. No, he lost it because of a stupid editorial decision to villainize him in a run that was a huge disrespect to his character. So, I really hope they erase this whole thing and, yes, put him back in Robin. If one day they want to transition him to another role for a good reason with respect, I will completely support it. But not like this, and definitely not the way it happened.
    That run was far more respectful of Damian than Super Sons ever was ! For **** sake, for the first time ever, the kid got to decide who he wants to be ! He ! Not his mom, not his dad ! Damian's own choice ! And now, he's supposed to return like the good little puppy that he is, so he can go doing jack **** with Jon as his dumb and gruff partner, so he can be turned into an old sack unable to keep his bowel in control, or punched in the face ebcause he's suddenly too dumb to realize that he needs to be unconscious to not be tracked, or what have you ?

And, seriously ? What will being Robin do for Damian anyway ? He'll continue being put on teams except that he'l be taking orders and obeying only gruffingly ? Who will be endeared by it ? And when Batman will be more focused on pregnant Selina or whatever, if this horrible coupling isn't erased, what good will it make to Damian ? I bet he'll be the jealous and angry older brother who don't get thathaving a baby sister on the way is just wonderful.

By dropping the Robin mantle the way he did, with those extremely strong words, he hadn't a tantrum. he made a statement. He doesn't want to be this person anymore. He doesn't want to play by anyone's but his own rules. it is extremely powerful and uplifting, because, even if Bruce wasn't as bad as Talia at that game, he still imposed a mindset and a behavior on his own son without giving back much love. Beyond the B&R by Tomasi early and final issues, Bruce hasn't demonstrated a great affection or even ability to truly relate to his son.

Not every character gets to have a NTT to graduate. Some, like Damian, don't need to. Because he's strong enough as a character that he doesn't need the Robin mantle. He doesn't need the Titans or Batman anymore. WHat he needs is simply somone willing to write his story from his PoV, which is that both Talia's and Bruce's ways have failed big time. For **** sake, Bruce's behavior led to the end of the Multiverse in Metal and Death-Metal ! Is he really supposed to follow in those footsteps ?

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

I get why they are the way they are but understanding doesn't =liking if it were then characters like Damian would be beloved.

The team were a'holes objectively since they went along with everything and then later turned on Damian. They were ARSEHOLES.

No, sorry they ARE SPINELESS ARSEHOLES.
    Hey not asking you to like em. I dislike Djinn as much as you do for goodness sake. Just saying that we're dealing with characters who are new, and weren't previously established like a Damian who's been around for years. Each joined for their own personal reasons, and Damian brought them together in his own words of "not so hung up on the rules" He wanted a team full of a'holes just like him.

And they only turned on him only after finding out what he did to Brother Blood but then you turn and call them spineless for finally deciding to no longer follow his agenda ??? You can't have it both ways. Either they're a holes for blindly following, or for turning on him. Which neither action is the equivalent of the word , it's just what you want to label them excluding Damian, and that's fine you're allowed to be bias but if you're gonna call em a'holes then you should be calling the ENTIRE team such. That's what they were.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Hopefully leads to a new direction for him
    Is legion of superheroes cancelled or continuing on?
    LOSH will be continued. And yes, if Tomasi is the only writer that will wrap up Damian's arc (I don't think many writers want to touch that mess), his arc will end on #1033, right before Future State.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Issues 1032-1033, that's where Damian is getting new suit and works alongside Bruce again to defeat Hush.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I saw those leaks and I don't believe them but that's not why I say Damian will go back to Robin [he never actually stopped being Robin]

I say that because
    1, Damian is far more successful than Tim as Robin and WB is a business so the money influences the decision.
    2, DC doesn't decide who gets to be Robin officially. Robin's value comes from outside the comics

Damian isn't going anywhere especially when DC and WB are investing so much in his generation.
    I will agree with you 3 months ago, but upcoming Gotham Knight has Tim as Robin. Titans show will have (black) Tim, probably as Robin too. Indeed WB are invested with him on DCAMU and Apokalips War is a huge success, but I don't see any push for Damian from them lately. Even Arkham Knight game get canceled. And I don't think DC is ever invested with Damian's generation. Damian maybe, but his generation? Not so much. Jon got age up and still in Legion, the rumor said that LOSH is still continued after Future State. They didn't gave Damian generation Wonder for ages, and it's still way too early to know Yara Flor and direction DC will take with her. Emiko and Wallace are shipped into Dick's Titans Academy. Jackson moved into Young Justice bunch, along with Tim's team. No Lantern.
    On the other hand, along with Tim's upcoming exposure on game and show, Future State has Tim as Robin (Eternal). Young Justice is practically revives Tim's generation, and I will be surprised if Young Justice with main 4 Tim, Kon, Cassie, Bart will not be relaunched. Tynion handles Batman books now, and everyone know that he likes Tim and tried to bring Tim back as Robin. Current situation is not good for Damian's generation and seems like encourages Tim to be back as Robin, which is maybe for the best for the character (at least the Drake thing was over)

The whole use of Jason was ill advised and made no sense. It was a dud and all it did was implicate Jason in this whole mess. It made him look like a petty corrupter of innocents.

Bruce gives you a beating and then you proceed to corrupt his 13 year old who then goes on to takeover your niche and do it better than you ever did in the 10 years you've been trying.

I was pissed that Glass just had Jason come on and beat Damian up but in the end the story wound up Damian taking over Jason's niche in the franchise and doing jason's job much better than Jason ever did.
    Yeah indeed it's OOC for Jason's character, and kinda glad that Lobdell chose to ignore it entirely. Who know what direction they will take about Jason and Damian now, on TT book Jason searched for him but on Tec book, Jason acts like he doesn't know anything wrong (I'm like 80% sure it's an act).

Ofcourse this was due to Priest and the Terminus Agenda which undermined what Glass did and showed why the idea of Damian needing Jason was rubbish. the intricated thought, design and planning being Damian's Terminus Agenda. The longterm planning of all his contingencies [which would have involved the recruitment of Djinn] puts Damian up there with the best.

It demonstrates just how Machiavellian he is but also makes him not just a really threat but a great actor. How much of his plans rested on Djinn when we think about makes him a master manipulator.
    Not gonna lie, actually I like that they try to bring Damian manipulative side, after all he's the son of two of the best manipulator on DC comics. That's why I like Terminus Agenda arc so much. Other writers like to portray him to act reckless, it's refreshing to see Damian actually in control on his surrounding. He leads his teams to Titans, Dick to accept them, predict that Jon would enter and make Jon abandon him maybe? Leave him alone? And he subtly engage Batman to chase him.
    Puberty Damian is terrifying.

Man I wish we had Damian's inner thoughts.
    Me too. Even on TT, his inner though is either too robotic (like when he said that his team don't talk to him outside mission but he brushed it off by saying that he create the team not to make friends), or just everything.....led.....to......this.....

On Bruce and blackmail. Bruce does use blackmail all the time. Both physical and emotional. Remember what he did to Jason in his quest to bring Damian back?

What he did to Steph in order to motivate Tim to return?

What he's being doing to Dick Grayson for decades now? What he did to Frankenstein? Heck what he did to penguin in batman just a few issues before in Batman [the reason why he was locked up in Bruce's jail]

Bruce does use Blackmail.
    Ah you're right. Well, another point of Alfred hypocrisy I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    But what does returning as Robin add to Damian's character growth? When Dick and Tim were written out of Robin both were attempts to make the character grow and move on. As poorly executed as the change may have been in TT, I see more opportunities to do something new with Damian when he's out of Robin than when he's returning to it.
    The chance to be Robin next to Bruce.

Damian has never gotten the chance to be a sidekick next to Bruce in continuity because Snyder promptly replaced him with Duke.

We got Tomasi's Batman and robin but that wasn't about Batman and Robin. It was about father and son getting to know each other.

It was about family and exploring father and son adjusting to each other not the dynamic duo,

Stupid fans keep saying that Damian doesn't work as Bruce's partner because they judge their dynamic based on a title that's about something else.

Damian like ALL the Robins before him and the one that came after him [Duke and Jarro ] deserves the chance to be Robin without pretenders snapping at his feet/creators trying to undermine him.

I enjoyed the glimpse we got with Tomasi and Taylor on Tec. I enjoyed the glimpses we got on Superman and the lengthy arcs we got in out of continuity stuff like Batman v TMNt.

I want to see it Damian and Bruce work together as partner's for a decent amount of time as B&R I want to see how far their relationship has come and the duo in action.

that is what it adds to Damian's character. We get to see his tenure as Robin to Bruce's Batman. It so very basic and it's outrageous that we have never gotten that.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-22-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Tim didnt try anything, he added red to the title and has been flip flopping between identities so lets just not with him. DC is not ready to allow time to move forward with their world as a whole, sp its mot time for him to truly move on from Robin. The only thing damian has to walk away from is being a titan. which is fine. Look at beastboy hes been trapped as a boy for 50 years . Damian will leave the role permanently when the time is right, and that will be the day DC moves bruce from being batman, because he cant not authorize another Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I will agree with you 3 months ago, but upcoming Gotham Knight has Tim as Robin. Titans show will have (black) Tim, probably as Robin too. Indeed WB are invested with him on DCAMU and Apokalips War is a huge success, but I don't see any push for Damian from them lately. Even Arkham Knight game get canceled. And I don't think DC is ever invested with Damian's generation. Damian maybe, but his generation? Not so much. Jon got age up and still in Legion, the rumor said that LOSH is still continued after Future State. They didn't gave Damian generation Wonder for ages, and it's still way too early to know Yara Flor and direction DC will take with her. Emiko and Wallace are shipped into Dick's Titans Academy. Jackson moved into Young Justice bunch, along with Tim's team. No Lantern.
    On the other hand, along with Tim's upcoming exposure on game and show, Future State has Tim as Robin (Eternal). Young Justice is practically revives Tim's generation, and I will be surprised if Young Justice with main 4 Tim, Kon, Cassie, Bart will not be relaunched. Tynion handles Batman books now, and everyone know that he likes Tim and tried to bring Tim back as Robin. Current situation is not good for Damian's generation and seems like encourages Tim to be back as Robin, which is maybe for the best for the character (at least the Drake thing was over)

Yeah indeed it's OOC for Jason's character, and kinda glad that Lobdell chose to ignore it entirely. Who know what direction they will take about Jason and Damian now, on TT book Jason searched for him but on Tec book, Jason acts like he doesn't know anything wrong (I'm like 80% sure it's an act).

Not gonna lie, actually I like that they try to bring Damian manipulative side, after all he's the son of two of the best manipulator on DC comics. That's why I like Terminus Agenda arc so much. Other writers like to portray him to act reckless, it's refreshing to see Damian actually in control on his surrounding. He leads his teams to Titans, Dick to accept them, predict that Jon would enter and make Jon abandon him maybe? Leave him alone? And he subtly engage Batman to chase him.
    Puberty Damian is terrifying.

Me too. Even on TT, his inner though is either too robotic (like when he said that his team don't talk to him outside mission but he brushed it off by saying that he create the team not to make friends), or just everything.....led.....to......this.....

Ah you're right. Well, another point of Alfred hypocrisy I guess.
    Jarro is also Robin.

I'm not behind the scenes, just making rational assumptions based on the needs of a business.

WB's investment in Damian isn't the DCAMU

WB is invested on Damian's generation [Yara and Jon are about to get their intro to casuals]

Tim is the Robin that follows Jason so ofcourse he's after him in Titans although it is bothersome that they are looking for Black and Asian actors for the role [just one tome it'd be good for WB not to blend Tim with other Robins for casuals. Just present him as he is. No cons no lies]

YJ didn't revive that generation it proved that they are not worth Backing though I do agree that the team will most likely return in the comics [DC favours them above all other gens]

So what if Tim is in the new game and on Titans? The Robin in those games has always been Tim [not to mention that the game is heavily inspired by Tynions Tec Run]

Damian is in Injustice and HQ.

When I say that I don't see Damian giving up Robin it doesn't mean that I expect Tim , Duke or any others to suddenly vanish. They all make money for dC./

Again this is just me.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 11-22-2020 at 08:35 AM.

@LoghtofJustice, I do like manipulative Damian. I don't think Damian should ever be a goody good guy without shades of grey however the anti hero niche should be Jason's. I didn't like Damian stepping all over jason's toes in TT.

DC has a problem. The Robin's blend into each other.
    Dick craved out a niche which they watered down Tim [at least they are really trying to]

Jason has managed to crave out a niche they shouldn't water that down.

The lack of sufficient inner dialogue was really irritating. Both with Damian on Tt and Batman in King's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Hey not asking you to like em. I dislike Djinn as much as you do for goodness sake. Just saying that we're dealing with characters who are new, and weren't previously established like a Damian who's been around for years. Each joined for their own personal reasons, and Damian brought them together in his own words of "not so hung up on the rules" He wanted a team full of a'holes just like him.

And they only turned on him only after finding out what he did to Brother Blood but then you turn and call them spineless for finally deciding to no longer follow his agenda ??? You can't have it both ways. Either they're a holes for blindly following, or for turning on him. Which neither action is the equivalent of the word , it's just what you want to label them excluding Damian, and that's fine you're allowed to be bias but if you're gonna call em a'holes then you should be calling the ENTIRE team such. That's what they were.
    I call them spineless because they lied about their involvement in the things that went on.

they went along with everything up to the killing of brother blood.

They are ALL responsible for the actions they willingly went along with.

Who said i was excluding Damian? Don't assume.
    They are not Arseholes for blindly following him. They are arseholes because they read like arseholes. They are not fun to read which I know is subjective but that is what comments here are

They are spineless arseholes because they are now claiming to not have played a part on still remained on the team after finding out about the Jail.

I would say they finally grew spines after taking a stand against Damian but since they yet to admit their part in the other misdeeds of the team they still are spineless Arseholes. Sad. They should have learnt from Damian who stood his ground

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    About Damian's generation, I think DC's hesitation when it comes to them derives from the fact that they bring continuity problems. Think about it: the only reason Damian exists is because Grant Morrison created him and they have a huge name in the industry. Dan Didio wanted to kill Dick because he thought his character brought continuity problems, but then he allows Batman's bio son to exist in main continuity? lol Is really funny actually.

So far, on one hand, Damian's generation has been based in children from the JL, like him and Jon, but DC doesn't want to bring this level of development to all of their heroes. They surely don't want Wonder Woman to have a child, and because of that we don't have a younger Wonder Girl so far, even though Lyta Trevor existed in the past. Yara might in fact change that, but we don't know yet. I really hope yes, though! Aquaman recently had a kid, but I don't know what will happen to Andy. Will she stick post-Future State or disappear? Will she be aged a little bit? Will she still be just a baby? No idea.

On the other hand, however, you also have characters like Wally and Red Arrow that technically are from Damian's generation, but are a little bit older and don't follow the "son of X" trope. I really don't know what to say about this characters, they seem to be less memorable, but that's not necesserally because they are bad characters, I think they just hadn't had a good push so far. (And I'll be honest, I don't really want to read Damian interacting with them for a while lol.)

Anyway, the point is, this third generation needs something that differentiates them, because we already have 2 generations of sidekicks, so they are in the brink of becoming a copy of the others. They can grow in number of characters, but DC needs to be willing to accept some new elements in continuity.