Page 225 of 313 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    But this means Damian will disappears :< I don't think they will follow Damian story in the League
    i think it is pretty possible this will happen if Damian loss Robin mantle.

We know DC doesn't like Damian. So, if they have the opportunity to send Damian to the limbo, it's pretty likely they will take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    A Damian story involving the League of Assassins could be interesting if say there was a divide like Arkham Knight.

Say Ra's Al Ghul is dead, like dead or terminated permanently or out of commission for a long time. The League of Assassins is fractured and divided, factions within League strive for control with characters like Shiva, Deathstroke, and Nyssa (I think she's Damian's aunt? Is she in the current canon).
    Then Damian gets in the mix, exploring his relationship with the League, I mean we really haven't seen much of his relationship (that I know of) with any other League of Assassin members besides Ra's, Talia, and his cousin. Maybe get Damian to team up with his aunt perhaps? thoughts?
    I wouldn't mind seeing this. I remember reading an issue of the Outsiders where Ra's spoke to Shiva about Damian and how Batman spoiled him. This could be the perfect chance for him to sway him more to his side. It won't be progression but it would be something. I'd like for Damian to find out more about the Assassins, like the Ancient city from RHATO (though I think thats a Jason exclusive ) and the untitled. He could have his rematch with Mara and they could become allies, and try and take over the league. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't see it happening for Damian.

The League of Assassins could offer up an interesting supporting cast for Damian. Could maybe have him lead an Anti Ra's faction of the organisation - in some sort of civil war with the main villain Ra's faction (allowing them to continue to be used as villians when needed)

Okay! I liked dark names... Some are from other countries!

GREEK MYTHOLOGY:

Chaos: the state of void before the creation of the world. Chaos existed with Gaia and Eros before the 12 Gods according with Hesiod.

Erebus: He symbolizes the silence and the depth of the dark, the night. According with Hesiod, Erebus is the child that was born from Chaos and Gaia with the help of Eros. However, Erebus parents change depending the source, as it happens with many other figures of the Greek mythology. His sister is Nyx or "Night" ( Νύχτα / "Neechta") with whom he created the light of the sky, the Aether ( which means "air" in Ancient Greek) and Hemera (which means "day" in modern Greek).

Kydoimos: He is a demon. He personifies the sound of war or the spirit of it. He is depicted with Eris ( daughter of Nyx and Godess of jelousy and fighting. In Ancient Greek the word meant "fight" "argument") and Kira in the shield of Achilles.

Taraxippus/ Taraxos: A being of agitaton, trouble and fear.

Deimos: He was the personification of terror. Ancient Greek believed he was the son of Ares with Aphrodite or Kitheria. Though according with another source he was the son of War. His brother was "Phobos" (which stands for Fear in greek).

Phobos: The personification of fear. Brother of Deimos and son of Ares with Aphrodite.

Eleos: the personification of mercy.

Kratos: the personification of raw power (with the meaning of authority). According with Plato's "Protagora" (the myth about the genesis of the man and the culture with the help of Promitheus.) Kratos and Bia were the guards of Zeus. Because of them, Promitheus couldn't take the political art, the highest gift of all which characterized only the society of Gods, in order to give it to people and help them create sustainable cities. Today the word means "State".

Melanthios: which means "black flower" . He was a sepherd in Odyssey. It is not scary, nor dark. Certainly not for Damian... But I really liked it.

Perseus: from the ancient verd "πέρθω" (pertho) which means "Destroy". He was the son of Zeus and Danae.

Thanatos: God of Death. But it's too dramatic. The word is still used in modern greek for "death"

NAMES FROM OTHER COUNTRIES:

Sephtis (Persian) : Eternal death.
    Kasin: Pure/ shining/ Appearing like a conqueror/ Lord Shiva (I don't think this is appropriate for a comic character, if it is the name of the Indian God. However it is beautiful!)
    Rahul: Conqueror of all miseries.
    Tareek: The Conqueror

Note: The Art of Politics meant the knowledge to create cities, which were absolutely necessary for man's survival. It includes the "laws" and the "morality".

Note 2: As a Greek I can only guarantee for the mythological names, because I could reach and understand their origin and meaning. The other names are from name sites, thus and the lack of content. It is possible to have written something terribly wrong. Do not hesitate to message me!

Even if most of them are overly dramatic, especially for a 13 yo (even for a young adult lol), but I found them totally badass!

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    i think it is pretty possible this will happen if Damian loss Robin mantle.

We know DC doesn't like Damian. So, if they have the opportunity to send Damian to the limbo, it's pretty likely they will take it.
    Dc doesn’t like Damian? They sure gave him preferential treatment over duke.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Okay! I liked dark names... Some are from other countries!

GREEK MYTHOLOGY:

Chaos: the state of void before the creation of the world. Chaos existed with Gaia and Eros before the 12 Gods according with Hesiod.

Erebus: He symbolizes the silence and the depth of the dark, the night. According with Hesiod, Erebus is the child that was born from Chaos and Gaia with the help of Eros. However, Erebus parents change depending the source, as it happens with many other figures of the Greek mythology. His sister is Nyx or "Night" ( Νύχτα / "Neechta") with whom he created the light of the sky, the Aether ( which means "air" in Ancient Greek) and Hemera (which means "day" in modern Greek).

Kydoimos: He is a demon. He personifies the sound of war or the spirit of it. He is depicted with Eris ( daughter of Nyx and Godess of jelousy and fighting. In Ancient Greek the word meant "fight" "argument") and Kira in the shield of Achilles.

Taraxippus/ Taraxos: A being of agitaton, trouble and fear.

Deimos: He was the personification of terror. Ancient Greek believed he was the son of Ares with Aphrodite or Kitheria. Though according with another source he was the son of War. His brother was "Phobos" (which stands for Fear in greek).

Phobos: The personification of fear. Brother of Deimos and son of Ares with Aphrodite.

Eleos: the personification of mercy.

Kratos: the personification of raw power (with the meaning of authority). According with Plato's "Protagora" (the myth about the genesis of the man and the culture with the help of Promitheus.) Kratos and Bia were the guards of Zeus. Because of them, Promitheus couldn't take the political art, the highest gift of all which characterized only the society of Gods, in order to give it to people and help them create sustainable cities. Today the word means "State".

Melanthios: which means "black flower" . He was a sepherd in Odyssey. It is not scary, nor dark. Certainly not for Damian... But I really liked it.

Perseus: from the ancient verd "πέρθω" (pertho) which means "Destroy". He was the son of Zeus and Danae.

Thanatos: God of Death. But it's too dramatic. The word is still used in modern greek for "death"

NAMES FROM OTHER COUNTRIES:

Sephtis (Persian) : Eternal death.
    Kasin: Pure/ shining/ Appearing like a conqueror/ Lord Shiva (I don't think this is appropriate for a comic character, if it is the name of the Indian God. However it is beautiful!)
    Rahul: Conqueror of all miseries.
    Tareek: The Conqueror

Note: The Art of Politics meant the knowledge to create cities, which were absolutely necessary for man's survival. It includes the "laws" and the "morality".

Note 2: As a Greek I can only guarantee for the mythological names, because I could reach and understand their origin and meaning. The other names are from name sites, thus and the lack of content. It is possible to have written something terribly wrong. Do not hesitate to message me!

Even if most of them are overly dramatic, especially for a 13 yo (even for a young adult lol), but I found them totally badass!
    Not Phobos and Deimos - Wonder Woman characters
    The well-known ones either like Chaos, Thanatos, Erebus, Perseus and Kratos are likely already used in Wonder Woman too

Conqueror is a good idea.

If we follow futures DC made in comics untill now, Damian would:

- leave being Robin
    - Desappears
    - Keep disappeared when a new Leviatan shows up (with Duke being Robin). (it was before reboot).
    - Do a terrible thing (because the baby hittler thing).
    - eventually becoming Batman with Gotham in a deplorable situation. (it was before reboot).

---

Why do you keep saying DC hates Damian? They give much importance for him.

They shoulda let Damian be Leviathan. I saw some convincing theories on here for that. Plus it ties
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eckri View Post
    Definitely, he's going to issues with most of the Batfamily after this.
    Top of the list would be Tim, he would rip him a part ala Pre-New 52, remember that issue where he'd recorded Damian as a threat then fought near Crime Alley.
    Jason, remember that issue where Red Hood beats down Damian. Strained relationship.
    Barbara won't approve of Damian going Assassin's Creed kills.
    Cass? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent
    Steph? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Duke? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Harper? wouldn't associate with him. Indifferent.
    Dick is the most likely person to give Damian a chance.

Anyone else from the Batfam I missed out?

Still think Damian's new alias, in my opinion, could be Rokh. Simple name, taken from mythology just like Dick Grayson's nightwing.
    Kate Kane, maybe?

ah, about Batman trying to reconcile with Damian, the phrase of my head is "too late".
    Damian said there is nothing in manor for Bruce too, but Selina is still there, right?
    And, one more thing that always make no sense for me, Damian shouted about Wayne Manor and the other TT was by him side, how characters can't listen things being so close when is convenient?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    They shoulda let Damian be Leviathan. I saw some convincing theories on here for that. Plus it ties
    Talia would approve, but is that event still going?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    ah, about Batman trying to reconcile with Damian, the phrase of my head is "too late".
    Damian said there is nothing in manor for Bruce too, but Selina is still there, right?
    And, one more thing that always make no sense for me, Damian shouted about Wayne Manor and the other TT was by him side, how characters can't listen things being so close when is convenient?
    He bonded with Selina but it was just 1-2 issues. They're not that close yet

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Kate Kane, maybe?
    Did they ever interact with each other?

Astonishing Member

We know DC doesn't like Damian.
    Lol, what? They had perfect opportunity to destroy his character in that Annual. They didn't do it.
    If they would hate him that much, Bruce would have kicked him out in this comic (everyone thought that was exactly what would happen and would have deprived him of his mantle), and they would have made him a villain for sure, in order to get rid of him later.
    Instead, they put the responsibility on Bruce and, for the first time, got him to admit that he had screwed up and added a ton of opportunities to restore the status quo as if nothing had happened, yeah, you'll see, what's what will happen eventually.
    If this comic has proven anything, it is that DC won't do anything more radical with Damian than giving up Robin's mantle (and that is still questionable, God knows what Tomasi will write). Perhaps DiDio wanted, we know that some plans changed for this run, but now this is no longer relevant.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 08-26-2020 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    And that remind me of something. Look guys, I loves Damian with Dick as much as you all. I love their connection, and their strong brothership borderline father-son relationship at some point. I love and heavily adore Dick who accept Damian as he is to be his Robin, all his effort to change Damian toward goodness, and his genuine love for Damian. But we can't count on Dick to be Damian's moral support right now. We can't just hope Dick will take Damian on his wing after his collision with Bruce, understand his actions and feelings, just expect him to accept Damian's actions. Dick is not family's private therapist. Heck he didn't even as bubbly and as patient like fandom often portrayed. He has his own morality, and that morality for sure disagree with all Damian's act. Besides, one of Damian's method in this terrible run is mind-wiping, and on Ric saga, which is equally terrible if not more, he got amnesic, lose his basic self, and has been brainwashing 3 times (Scarecrow, Court of Owl, and Joker). Honestly I can't see how Dick will accept and handle all Damian did in TT run without disregarding his own trauma after Ric saga. If somehow that happened, then Dc is adamant to make Dick Holy Saint or something.

Damian's problem is started with Bruce and has to end by Bruce. I love Damian but I also love Dick, so I don't want Dick to get roped into Damian and Bruce's mess, especially just after he gets his life back. It's like the time when people expect Dick to handle Jason's trauma, which is sadly I've encountered many of them. On Morrison run people want Dick to handle Jason's trauma and murderous rampage with power of love and family, and became angry when Dickbats put Jason in Arkham Asylum instead (which is actually a reasonable act on his capability as someone who tried to fill Bruce's presence on the cowl.

On this thread, people's expectation for Dick to somehow fix Damian is honestly makes me wary, I am just afraid if Dick has negative response for Damian's act (which is understandable with his morality and after all the shit he went through), people will get heartbroken and turn to hate Dick instead.
    this makes senses </3

before blood brother, I could see Dick going to Damian easily, but now I don't know.
    There are things I don't agree with, but understand, like when Dick sent Jason to prison (still don't think should be Arkham), but it was not like when Bruce wanted to do this because of the fake Penguin shoot.
    I think I will not be angry with Dick if he can't deal well with Damian, I will feel sad for both, but understand. </3 Like I felt about Jason when Bruce didn't kill Joker and he was in deep emotional pain (but in this I am in Jason side) I don't agree or understand Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Read the issue and I appreciate that KF was the only one that didn't hit Damian; which is funny after he solo them earlier but it shows that moral in KF that gets talked about a lot but rarely shown.

Anyway, I can't join in the outrage anymore as it gives me a headache. I feel terrible for all of these characters not just Damian and believe everyone of them deserve better writing and direction. Once Djinn left the only place I thought the book would go is up because I still believe she was the worst of the three newbies writing wise but no. 2 years is enough to be in a different place with all of them and I think if Glass' and co wanted to write his teen Suicide Squad then he should've done so with, Crush, Djinn, and RH as new characters with no ties to TT and left Damian, KF, and Arrow out.
    I dropped teen titans once I learned roundhouse was going to betray the team, so I don’t understand what he’s still doing there. And while I have a cursory idea of what happened to d’jinn at the end, I wish she stayed with the team; it wasn’t all that interesting after she left.