Page 279 of 313 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I feel it was done to bury him. Have you read that run? Dark Crusader a Tim Drake fan called it Fanfiction for Tim fans and Damian-antis that how bad it was. Every issue crapped all over Damian and we never got any reason for the thing's he did.

This is a title that said that Damian Wayne, the 10 year old who gave his life for others went to hell after his sacrifice. That is unforgivable. What kind of message is that? If a 10 year old who died for others is hell bound then I guess all hope is lost for all DC heroes.

I expect angst from DC and I expect any darkness/interesting origins to be revisited but a child who turned his live around, going so far as to give his life for the safety of others going to hell. That is too far.

Not to mention that before they destroyed his character the writer 1st took steps to point out that he was nothing like his Jewish side. He was all Al Ghul and then next issue he gave us Suicide bomber Damian. That is racist

The writer and The editor can't have much care for Damian to go that far.
    I agree with you on just about every front here but....It wouldn't be fair if I didn't point out that Damian going to hell after he died was set up in Gleason's solo book. If I recall, that's what made him go on that "year of redemption" journey in the first place.

The only difference is that, in R:SOB, I always thought it could have been interpreted as just a bad dream. Whereas with Glass, he pretty much confirms that it wasn't.

That said, it still does send a really horrible message that, after everything he'd been through, he couldn't even find peace in death.
    Last edited by Blue22; 10-22-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I don't write fanfics but I this drawing is cute
    ooownnnn thanks <3 I am going to get 100 strips soon <333

But would be good had some writer contact...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I agree with you on just about every front here but....It wouldn't be fair if I didn't point out that Damian going to hell after he died was set up in Gleason's solo book. If I recall, that's what made him go on that "year of redemption" journey in the first place.

The only difference is that, in R:SOB, I always thought it could have been interpreted as just a bad dream. Whereas with Glass, he pretty much confirms that it wasn't.

That said, it still does send a really horrible message that, after everything he'd been through, he couldn't even find peace in death.
    agree 100% Damian going to hell is very sad and going back to an evil life more alone than ever is painful.

Astonishing Member

If this is indeed a new series, then it is likely that the clarification of this teaser will have to wait until December. I have some doubts that with promoting Future State they will now begin to announce March post-Future State releases.

Was this discarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post

Was this discarded?
    The suit?
    No, it appeared in the last Batman arc.

Spectacular Member

Hi I’m new here, what do you think the endgame is for Damian? Like do you think that he’ll get a new identity or stay as Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    Hi I’m new here, what do you think the endgame is for Damian? Like do you think that he’ll get a new identity or stay as Robin?
    New Identity since DC keeps writing him as a "not-good" Robin
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Hi welcome to this thread!
    I also think he will get new identity, with recent stories implied that Tim will be Robin again, and Damian was pushed away from Batman's side. The problem is, what kind of new identity will he get? Hero, vllain, or anti-hero?
    I really can't wait for next Tuesday

Astonishing Member

It is likely that DC themselves do not know.

He will stay Robin. Dc is a business at the end of the day, the most profitable route will win out in the end.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Depending if WB still wanna cash in on Son of Batman or not

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I really can't wait for next Tuesday
    What’s happening next Tuesday?

What’s happening next Tuesday?
    Detective Comics #1029 will come out on Tuesday. It will probably adress Damian's current situation, but I assume the main focus will be on the Mirror Man.
    Still, it might gives us a glimpse into where Damian is headed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    Detective Comics #1029 will come out on Tuesday. It will probably adress Damian's current situation, but I assume the main focus will be on the Mirror Man.
    Still, it might gives us a glimpse into where Damian is headed.
    Another note?