Page 98 of 137 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2041
  1. #1456
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    You are correct that the Timeline is all over the place which is why I'm looking for definite.
    Arguments based on the time line make anyway not much sense, if we going by the new 52, Damains age was accelerated, and he would have been technically born at best 5 years before Flashpoint. And I'm not sure is that's still supposed be canon or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Objectively speaking Jason isn't anywhere as skilled [skills not just combat, marksmanship etc] as Damian.
    The skill levels (when we are talking about non crimefighting skills) they give Damian in some comics are are anyway even by Batman comic standards completely absurd, and I find it really hard to take them serious.


    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I actually don't know the maths when it comes to Jason.
    That's anyway all over the place, in the current continuity it is not even really clear how old he is. And the math about how much time passed between DITF and UTTH never really worked.

    Based on pre Flashpoint he became imo Robin at a similar age as Dick, was with Bruce for about two years before he died, and has trained at least two years before Under the Red Hood. And Under the Red Hood happend before the OYL time jump and Damian appeared first after the time jump.

  2. #1457
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Sigh.. can we have a story about teen without love triangle? Like seriously? Don't they have any different ideas?
    On my opinion, I don't want Emiko to have any romantic relationship, be it with Damian or with Kid Flash or even with Roundhouse. I mean, isn't she the one who once said that romance relationship between teammates is a bad idea? And also, if Emiko with KF, and Damian-Djinn-Crush have love triangle (even though I don't think Damian give any care about it) what about RoundHouse? I don't really like his character but I'm sick of 'fat boy character who doesn't get any girl and his only role is to be comedic relief' plot.
    I'm not a massive fan of love triangles either. But if we had to have one, I think their could have been more interesting options.

    Roundhouse would have been a suprising choice for a pairing. I couldn't really imagine him paired with anyone, but that could have made it an interesting dynamic.

    I'm feeling sad that this team is probably going to end soon. Because I feel like if it had a long run. we could really see the dynamics between characters develop.
    Last edited by Katana500; 03-26-2020 at 08:18 AM.

  3. #1458
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I think what happened between Emiko and Damian is 'mutual respect' and 'empathy' because of their similar upbringing. On this TT group aside Damian I think only Emiko who give a damn focus on their mission and goal. She's the one who said romance between teammate is liability, she's the one who point out that Damian's act is silly when about Djinn, she's the one who stops KF and RoundHouse trash talk. I think she is the mature one on the group. I don't say that having crush makes you immature, but I'm afraid that Emiko will lose her sense of logic and become devoted to Kid Flash like Crush to Djinn.
    I'm not sure Emiko ever liked Damian. But it was kinda hinted that he liked her in the previous run. Enough to visit her in hospital and too blush when she kissed him which is pretty unusual for Damian.

    Could have had him like her, and her want to focus on the mission. Still think that would be more interesting.

  4. #1459
    Amazing Member Yennefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    78

    Default

    Well... Isn't Damian younger than Emiko? And in years that the age difference is very fond? It is different to be 13 and 15 than 30 and 32... If, for example, Damian is 13-14 and Emi 15-16... It is normal to look for someone closer at her age at this age... Because as mature as Damian is, he may seem a child to her... And that's not so romantic or """attractive""" ...(that sounded stereotypical, I don't know how to describe it without offending anyone). So it makes sense for her to have a crush at KF.
    Also... Do you remember when emi was possessed by Deathstroke's son (or whatever he is) and there was a cringy scene between damian and emi? I cant understand/decide what that was...
    I was devided between seeing a twisted romance scene or a sceen similar to a mother-son moment....
    Could someone comment on this? I just remembered it.

    And yeah... It would be very strange to put Emi with Damian when she was crushing on his brother...
    What would be really cool is her being exactly at the same age as his... Then they would be explosive.


    But generally we can all conclude that DC is starting giving Damian love interests and that they are past with his child phase. So we may have an essential love interest with him soon (?)
    Last edited by Yennefer; 03-26-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    The national exams for entering the uni are now just a breath away. So, I am going offline for approximately 2 months! If you mention my name or answer to any of my posts and I don't answer, please do not feel insulted! 🙂 With love, 🕉️

  5. #1460
    Spectacular Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm not a massive fan of love triangles either. But if we had to have one, I think their could have been more interesting options.

    Roundhouse would have been a suprising choice for a pairing. I couldn't really imagine him paired with anyone, but that could have made it an interesting dynamic.

    I'm feeling sad that this team is probably going to end soon. Because I feel like if it had a long run. we could really see the dynamics between characters develop.

    I think TT will run longer than we expected. Sure, from TT 42 solicitation it sounds like this team in the verge of breaking up, but we had the same prediction when Deathstroke arc solicitation came out. Isn't The Other escaped when Damian took The Book of Damned? He's like the big bad of this group, I don't think they will disband before they catch him. And there's still so much arc potential, like battle with Emiko's mom, or search for Crush's mom. I myself look forward to Teen Titans second battle with The Other, especially now Damian know that The Other is Heretic, his murderer and his clone brother.

  6. #1461
    Spectacular Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Well... Isn't Damian younger than Emiko? And in years that the age difference is very fond? It is different to be 13 and 15 than 30 and 32... If, for example, Damian is 13-14 and Emi 15-16... It is normal to look for someone closer at her age at this age... Because as mature as Damian is, he may seem as a child to her... And that's not so romantic...(that sounded stereotypical). So it makes sense to me for her to have a crush at KF.
    Also... Do you remember when emi was possessed by Deathstroke's son (or whatever he is) and there was a cringy scene between damian and emi? I cant understand/decide what that was...
    I was devided between seeing a twisted romance scene or a sceen similar to a mother-son moment....
    Could someone comment on this? I just remembered it.
    I also think it's fine if Emiko has crush on KF. Heck, I don't really want her to have crush on Damian when he's still in the middle of Djinn-Crush love triangle. I just feel confused, because there's barely or even no hint about them, suddenly Emiko went to hell and 'welcome to hell! Now let us see your deepest fear and guilt! Oh, it turns out that you feel guilt of Deathstroke murder, and you're afraid of him because he threatened you with KF! But why? Deathstroke and KF don't have any connection except when KF lend his speedpower, but you weren't even there on that time! Oh, you're afraid that you will kill KF, because deep on your heart you love him! Despite the fact that you barely had any interaction with him, barely had any fight with him except about secret prison when you didn't hesitate to tell your loved one that he's abandoned by his villain relative? Congratulations! Now you're aware that you're in love with Kid Flash!'. When I read that panel I was like the heck? Am I really that aromatic or this pairing really came out of nowhere? Just because they're a pair boy and girl, and they're on similar age?
    Mother and son.. I think it's more like big sis and lil brother moment for me.. When Emi touch Damian's chin and lifted his head, it remind me of big sis faced her lil brother who feel ashamed, and lift his head so she can look him in the eyes and comfort him. But yeah, I am extremely insensitive when it comes to romance.
    Deathstroke's son name is Jericho, he's precious soul just like his other siblings who are unfortunate enough to have Deathstroke as his father, whom has reputation for likes to play with other people's child.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    And yeah... It would be very strange to put Emi with Damian when she was crushing on his brother...
    What would be really cool is her being exactly at the same age as his... Then they would be explosive.


    But generally we can all conclude that DC is starting giving Damian love interests and that they are past with his child phase. So we may have an essential love interest with him soon (?)
    Ahh.. DC already started to give him pointless crush like Katana, Emiko, and Djinn. Glad that he dropped all of them fast and focus on his mission and ambitions. But I must accept that he will hit his puberty soon and DC will hint him with many girls, just like his father and brothers. As much as I want it, he will not stay as kid forever.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 03-26-2020 at 09:22 AM.

  7. #1462
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Well... Isn't Damian younger than Emiko? And in years that the age difference is very fond? It is different to be 13 and 15 than 30 and 32... If, for example, Damian is 13-14 and Emi 15-16... It is normal to look for someone closer at her age at this age... Because as mature as Damian is, he may seem a child to her... And that's not so romantic or """attractive""" ...(that sounded stereotypical, I don't know how to describe it without offending anyone). So it makes sense for her to have a crush at KF.
    I swear Damian and Emiko were the same age and size before. Idk what happened but with the new run she just had a massive growth spurt and gained two years on him.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Also... Do you remember when emi was possessed by Deathstroke's son (or whatever he is) and there was a cringy scene between damian and emi? I cant understand/decide what that was...
    I was devided between seeing a twisted romance scene or a sceen similar to a mother-son moment....
    Could someone comment on this? I just remembered it.
    Oh yeah I remember that. I was a bit confused by what was going on. At first I thought she was going to kiss him or something then she just punched him in the face. My only explanation is that Jericho thought she was dating Damian when he possessed her, which was why she was acting wierd.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    But generally we can all conclude that DC is starting giving Damian love interests and that they are past with his child phase. So we may have an essential love interest with him soon (?)
    I agree with you that DC are starting to give Damian a love interest. I think its only a matter of time before he gains his definitive love interest. Similiar to Tim with Steph or Dick with Starfire or Batgirl.
    Last edited by Katana500; 03-26-2020 at 09:18 AM.

  8. #1463
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Ahh.. DC already started to give him pointless crush like Katana, Emiko, and Djinn. Glad that he dropped all of them fast and focus on his mission and ambitions. But I must accept that he will hit his puberty soon and DC will hint him with many girls, just like his father and brothers. As much as I want it, he will not stay as kid forever.
    I really hope they just give him one love interest and stick with it. I don't really mind who it is. But I'd much rather Damian be committed to one person than having loads of different ones. That just causes problems or leads to a situation like Dick where their is shipping wars and things never end up developed cause DC don't know who he should end up with.

  9. #1464
    Spectacular Member Light of Justice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I really hope they just give him one love interest and stick with it. I don't really mind who it is. But I'd much rather Damian be committed to one person than having loads of different ones. That just causes problems or leads to a situation like Dick where their is shipping wars and things never end up developed cause DC don't know who he should end up with.
    well, unlike Dick Damian doesn't exactly has attitude who will attract many girls, and he's extremely committed and and loyal when it comes to someone's important, so I don't think he will have so many love interest like Dick. But on the other hand Bruce has more or less same attitude like Damian, and he's still shipped with many women. I hope DC doesn't run Damian's romance journey recklessly.

  10. #1465
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Arguments based on the time line make anyway not much sense, if we going by the new 52, Damains age was accelerated, and he would have been technically born at best 5 years before Flashpoint. And I'm not sure is that's still supposed be canon or not.

    The skill levels (when we are talking about non crimefighting skills) they give Damian in some comics are are anyway even by Batman comic standards completely absurd, and I find it really hard to take them serious.


    That's anyway all over the place, in the current continuity it is not even really clear how old he is. And the math about how much time passed between DITF and UTTH never really worked.

    Based on pre Flashpoint he became imo Robin at a similar age as Dick, was with Bruce for about two years before he died, and has trained at least two years before Under the Red Hood. And Under the Red Hood happend before the OYL time jump and Damian appeared first after the time jump.
    I wasn't going off the new 52 time line of 5 Robins in 5years because that is out in Rebirth.

    lots of comics in Rebirth already contradict new 52 not just for Damian but for other Robins.

    So 2+2+1. 5 years at least.

    Damian's abilities are absurd. I believe it's a parody of the batman can do everything trope.

    However Cass and Damian are different due to their training regime.
    Jason went from street urchin to on the field Robin in two years meaning that batman's training is a at a very very low level basics compared to what we see from the Loa and Cain.

  11. #1466
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    well, unlike Dick Damian doesn't exactly has attitude who will attract many girls, and he's extremely committed and and loyal when it comes to someone's important, so I don't think he will have so many love interest like Dick. But on the other hand Bruce has more or less same attitude like Damian, and he's still shipped with many women. I hope DC doesn't run Damian's romance journey recklessly.
    Agreed. I don't see Damian having lots of love interest

  12. #1467
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I also think it's fine if Emiko has crush on KF. Heck, I don't really want her to have crush on Damian when he's still in the middle of Djinn-Crush love triangle. I just feel confused, because there's barely or even no hint about them, suddenly Emiko went to hell and 'welcome to hell! Now let us see your deepest fear and guilt! Oh, it turns out that you feel guilt of Deathstroke murder, and you're afraid of him because he threatened you with KF! But why? Deathstroke and KF don't have any connection except when KF lend his speedpower, but you weren't even there on that time! Oh, you're afraid that you will kill KF, because deep on your heart you love him! Despite the fact that you barely had any interaction with him, barely had any fight with him except about secret prison when you didn't hesitate to tell your loved one that he's abandoned by his villain relative? Congratulations! Now you're aware that you're in love with Kid Flash!'. When I read that panel I was like the heck? Am I really that aromatic or this pairing really came out of nowhere? Just because they're a pair boy and girl, and they're on similar age?
    Mother and son.. I think it's more like big sis and lil brother moment for me.. When Emi touch Damian's chin and lifted his head, it remind me of big sis faced her lil brother who feel ashamed, and lift his head so she can look him in the eyes and comfort him. But yeah, I am extremely insensitive when it comes to romance.
    Deathstroke's son name is Jericho, he's precious soul just like his other siblings who are unfortunate enough to have Deathstroke as his father, whom has reputation for likes to play with other people's child.



    Ahh.. DC already started to give him pointless crush like Katana, Emiko, and Djinn. Glad that he dropped all of them fast and focus on his mission and ambitions. But I must accept that he will hit his puberty soon and DC will hint him with many girls, just like his father and brothers. As much as I want it, he will not stay as kid forever.
    Damian in canon has only ever had a crush on Emiko. A mild crush that if it wasn't for the writer saying so on social media we would have missed it
    Katana and Djinn are fans reading into things

  13. #1468
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,538

    Default

    Tom Taylor wishing to write more Damian makes my heart happy.

    https://twitter.com/TomTaylorMade/st...37999009726465

  14. #1469

  15. #1470

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •