Page 90 of 313 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 4692
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yennefer View Post
    Attachment 94580

Attachment 94580

Let's show how God, or any Upper Cosmic power there is in comics, punishes 10yo boys (he was 10 at the time), who were forced to learn the LOA culture without any alternative to choose (not that an isolated 10yo would have the ability to judge anyway)...
    What else do they have to say for their poor plot?
    And also, I will try to form my question in the most gentle way possible (cause I want my account):
    Are some people that idiot, or do they try to? I hope this run will never be a canon. Literally.... It is full of wrong moves for this character. Not to mention the way Flash (or whatever his name is) understood about it, was not persuasive.
    That Damian went to hell was already established in Robin: Son of Batman by Gleason. At least I think it was, I don't have my copy with me right now.
    But yeah, the victim blaming is strong in DC.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

In Robin : Son of Batman it stated that after he died he went to hell
    tumblr_ogjt1wwMT01rxuh8go1_500.jpg
    As much as it pains me, I feel proud of Damian. I mean, Hell is his top nightmare, and in past he yelled in fear that he wont go back to there again. But here we saw that to save his friend Damian concealed his feeling, willingly went to hell, and even he calmly led his team to find the way out. Damn, kid, are you sure that you're 13 years old?
    But yeah, I'm SO salty of DC Gods (and DC writers) who build a plot that tell "son of batman, raised by LoA for 10 years, work hard to redeem himself and make his father proud BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? He will go evil in the future and go to hell after his death". Like seriously? Can you give that boy a break? Dick went to amnesia and Alfred died in front of his own eyes are not enough for him?
    And he will have a big fight with his father after this, and possibly lost his Robin mantle.

Sorry for my bad english, and nice to meet you guys, I am a new fans of Damian Wayne. I love that brat.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 03-18-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Yeeeeeah, Damian ending up in hell after he sacrificed himself to save his family, and was making the necessary steps towards redemption, never sat right with me. I was always hoping that was just him having a bad dream.

*sigh* But I guess it's legit. The kid just can't catch a break, even during times where things were going relatively well for him.

On the upside, this issue was nice. The art was nice. Seeing Roundhouse dead was nice. My Wednesday is now off to a nice start.

Damian's home in hell
    damian's home in hell.jpg
    now that we're on it, let's we imagine little 10 years old Damian, hid in a dark cave away from demons and his own fears, huddled in mattress and thin blanket, counted his day after day in hell, perhaps without his lantern at first, and to get that lantern so he can be free of his illusions, he fought a literal demon and killed it.
    Sounds like a painfully good angst fic.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 03-18-2020 at 05:33 AM.

I just wanna know where the mattress came from xD

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I just wanna know where the mattress came from xD
    Utility belt?

That mattress is bigger (and maybe heavier) than his whole body. If he brought that mattress around on his waist, he's a damn strong kid XD

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    That mattress is bigger (and maybe heavier) than his whole body. If he brought that mattress around on his waist, he's a damn strong kid XD
    Batman's utility belts are magical

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    In Robin : Son of Batman it stated that after he died he went to hell
    tumblr_ogjt1wwMT01rxuh8go1_500.jpg
    As much as it pains me, I feel proud of Damian. I mean, Hell is his top nightmare, and in past he yelled in fear that he wont go back to there again. But here we saw that to save his friend Damian concealed his feeling, willingly went to hell, and even he calmly led his team to find the way out. Damn, kid, are you sure that you're 13 years old?
    But yeah, I'm SO salty of DC Gods (and DC writers) who build a plot that tell "son of batman, raised by LoA for 10 years, work hard to redeem himself and make his father proud BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? He will go evil in the future and go to hell after his death". Like seriously? Can you give that boy a break? Dick went to amnesia and Alfred died in front of his own eyes are not enough for him?
    And he will have a big fight with his father after this, and possibly lost his Robin mantle.

Sorry for my bad english, and nice to meet you guys, I am a new fans of Damian Wayne. I love that brat.
    Welcome to the community. Always good to see new faces.

Damian had a point when he said Robin is suffering. Well, his whole life is suffering, but I'm not sure if becoming part of the bat-family has helped that much, you always end up as cannon fodder for the next big Batman storyline.

Damian is still running around with the R on his chest in the issues after the next Teen Titans Annual, so that whole "leaving the mantle" thing has become pretty unclear. Hopefully the cover is simply lying and Bruce and Damian will find another solution.

The last story in the 80th anniversary special sets up the confrontation and Bruce's last line is that he has to keep an eye on Damian not as Batman, but as his father. Hopefully he will remember that when he finds out what Damian has done and does some reflection on what has lead them both to this situation instead of just punching it out.

The Batman issue that came out today also gave some interesting insight into Bruce's desperation when it comes to the escalating war against criminals and how they always come back worse than before.

There is potential for an interesting confrontation. I just hope they don't waste it to show more dumb child abuse.
    Last edited by Ansa; 03-18-2020 at 06:17 AM.

I've been thinking of quitting the comics guys....
    The way DC writes Damian is just unethical and I can't handle it.
    Damian's storyline in bullets:
    A child is being severely abused and used as a tool.
    It is exposed to one criminal and inhuman culture.
    He acts on it, because the alternative would be violence and death.
    A child being abandoned.
    A child being blamed for the aggressive and emotionless behaviour he was forced to have.
    A child that never really received help from anyone.
    And lastly, a child that was neglected and abandoned again, because what's easiest than changing 10years of nurture (AND NOT nature)?
    This **** is child abuse in all of it's existence and DC makes profit out of it. I refuse it.

And, apart from that, let's not forget that comics affect readers' morals, just like novels... Especially when it comes to young people.
    The (negative) way people perceive Damian, will be the same they perceive people in REAL cases... And I do not talk about children that have done serious and hideous crimes (from serious body damage and above).
    I am talking for aggressive and emotionally strained children f.e. that need help and love... Not rejection.
    Because that's the only way to diminish the possibilities of them following a bad behaviour and changing them.
    I find it unacceptable and stupid.
    A delirium unable writers maintain to support their plots.

P.S. I really wish I could write in my language. I can't express the whole spectrum of what I think and feel about it....
    Last edited by Yennefer; 03-18-2020 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    That Damian went to hell was already established in Robin: Son of Batman by Gleason. At least I think it was, I don't have my copy with me right now.
    But yeah, the victim blaming is strong in DC.
    He had recurring Nightmares about it in B&R.

I mean since Dc has the concept of Heaven or Hell then where else would all these Dc heroes go other than hell?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He had recurring Nightmares about it in B&R.

I mean since Dc has the concept of Heaven or Hell then where else would all these Dc heroes go other than hell?
    Thats honestly a good question. Like Damian, most DC heroes are genuinely good people who've still done horrible things. Has any other hero who's died and come back ever talked about where they went? I imagine the afterlife life is a pretty complicated place when the DC Universe seems to be a mix of several beliefs when it comes to how religion, deities, and life after death works

{Damian had a point when he said Robin is suffering. Well, his whole life is suffering, but I'm not sure if becoming part of the bat-family has helped that much, you always end up as cannon fodder for the next big Batman storyline.}
    Ugh tell me about it. That makes me hope for him to leave robin title and make his own hero name like Dick, Jason, or now apparently Drake.

{Damian is still running around with the R on his chest in the issues after the next Teen Titans Annual, so that whole "leaving the mantle" thing has become pretty unclear. Hopefully the cover is simply lying and Bruce and Damian will find another solution.}
    I hope so. As much as I want Damian to become hero at his own, Robin title is the one who tied him with Bruce, and I don't want their relationship become estranged like Jason.

{The last story in the 80th anniversary special sets up the confrontation and Bruce's last line is that he has to keep an eye on Damian not as Batman, but as his father. Hopefully he will remember that when he finds out what Damian has done and does some reflection on what has lead them both to this situation instead of just punching it out.}
    Is Robin comic already available on internet? About punching it out, I think that's kinda inevitable for both of them. I mean, do you remember Bruce's conflict with Jason? And Damian's conflict with Jason? (Poor Jason).

{There is potential for an interesting confrontation. I just hope they don't waste it to show more dumb child abuse.}
    Yeah, I hope that too. It will be too depressing if Bruce really hit Damian who just fresh from hell. But one thing I learned from this fandom is never ever underestimate DC's cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Welcome to the community. Always good to see new faces.

Damian had a point when he said Robin is suffering. Well, his whole life is suffering, but I'm not sure if becoming part of the bat-family has helped that much, you always end up as cannon fodder for the next big Batman storyline.

Damian is still running around with the R on his chest in the issues after the next Teen Titans Annual, so that whole "leaving the mantle" thing has become pretty unclear. Hopefully the cover is simply lying and Bruce and Damian will find another solution.

The last story in the 80th anniversary special sets up the confrontation and Bruce's last line is that he has to keep an eye on Damian not as Batman, but as his father. Hopefully he will remember that when he finds out what Damian has done and does some reflection on what has lead them both to this situation instead of just punching it out.

The Batman issue that came out today also gave some interesting insight into Bruce's desperation when it comes to the escalating war against criminals and how they always come back worse than before.

There is potential for an interesting confrontation. I just hope they don't waste it to show more dumb child abuse.
    {Damian had a point when he said Robin is suffering. Well, his whole life is suffering, but I'm not sure if becoming part of the bat-family has helped that much, you always end up as cannon fodder for the next big Batman storyline.}
    Ugh tell me about it. That makes me hope for him to leave robin title and make his own hero name like Dick, Jason, or now apparently Drake.

{Damian is still running around with the R on his chest in the issues after the next Teen Titans Annual, so that whole "leaving the mantle" thing has become pretty unclear. Hopefully the cover is simply lying and Bruce and Damian will find another solution.}
    I hope so. As much as I want Damian to become hero at his own, Robin title is the one who tied him with Bruce, and I don't want their relationship become estranged like Jason.

{The last story in the 80th anniversary special sets up the confrontation and Bruce's last line is that he has to keep an eye on Damian not as Batman, but as his father. Hopefully he will remember that when he finds out what Damian has done and does some reflection on what has lead them both to this situation instead of just punching it out.}
    Is Robin comic already available on internet? About punching it out, I think that's kinda inevitable for both of them. I mean, do you remember Bruce's conflict with Jason? And Damian's conflict with Jason? (Poor Jason).

{There is potential for an interesting confrontation. I just hope they don't waste it to show more dumb child abuse.}
    Yeah, I hope that too. It will be too depressing if Bruce really hit Damian who just fresh from hell. But one thing I learned from this fandom is never ever underestimate DC's cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Thats honestly a good question. Like Damian, most DC heroes are genuinely good people who've still done horrible things. Has any other hero who's died and come back ever talked about where they went? I imagine the afterlife life is a pretty complicated place when the DC Universe seems to be a mix of several beliefs when it comes to how religion, deities, and life after death works
    We can ask Superman for that. Even though I don't think he went to hell, he seems too pure compared to other hero, like Batman for example