Page 193 of 313 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Kingdom Come contains the answer for your question)
    I'm a huge fan of Ibn and Mari but with the type of close relationship the main universe Damian and Dick have him having a romance with his daughter feels wrong.

Like one of the Robin's dating Cass if she was raised by Bruce.

Spectacular Member

The main issue Dick had with Ibn and Mar'i being together was that he was raised in the LoA, you are correct in that they did not have a familial relationship prior to that. Bruce didn't even know Ibn existed until the guy was like, 30.

With Dick and Damian having a brotherly/paternal relationship in canon, it would definitely be weird in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I love that BatCow is so beloved.
    Damian might show up if they have another one of those episodes where they show different robins but all nameless.

I would love for him to show up but I feel there's a deliberate reason why the Robin in the show isn't named. The history of Robin is convoluted.
    Have one who reflects all of them is simpler.

He showed up in DCsHG.
    But since we know TTGO is a parody of TT tv show this Robin need to be Dick Grayson, Right? Even they don't say his name it's implicit, I think.
    A Damian episode would be so funny, there is many possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I don't mind them since they are teasers designed to get you hooked so you buy the book. Most times they turn out to be misleading, don't tell the full story or just give us part of the story. Like a film trailer.

They never give us the full story.

it's all marketing. Look at Tom King who makes a huge deal of spoiling and teasing big thing's from his story. The dude goes out of his way to bait and reveal stuff that about to happen. Giving away far too much and what always happens. A twist.
    The wedding was a scam all along
    Alfred was supposed to be a fakeout
    Bane hanging the boys - fake out
    Helena- not canon
    Status quo changes that he went to WB to get permission for - nothing or maybe Alfred getting shot
    Not being clear when asked if Bat/cat mini was in continuity thereby getting fan hopes up - Batman writer and Batman editor both came out and confirmed the 12 issue series isn't in continuity.

The spoiler covers are nothing new. Comics have been doing it since the golden age the thing is they never give you the full picture.
    I see... Again I think it's because in anime/manga/japanese movies or books resume in general don't have this. I never watch more than 40 seconds of american trailers. I know it can don't be new, but is bad when there is 4 trailers of a movie or a writer/ cover give a "fake spoiler" because who like the idea became disappointed. But so looks like it's more just with me, even close persons by me don't care too much about this. u_o

Quote Originally Posted by Wingin' It View Post
    The main issue Dick had with Ibn and Mar'i being together was that he was raised in the LoA, you are correct in that they did not have a familial relationship prior to that. Bruce didn't even know Ibn existed until the guy was like, 30.

With Dick and Damian having a brotherly/paternal relationship in canon, it would definitely be weird in this context.
    I knew about Damian-Mari couple AFTER seing many fanarts with Damian and baby Mari and some fanfics, so I thought "hum? wth is this?".
    This definitely can't happen in this Universe Version, please.
    BUT Talia and Jason being a thing was very weird to me, I don't doubt that if Damian stay way for years and comeback with Mari being 18 the ship will not happen. But, again, PLEASE, NO.

Astonishing Member

By the way, since Catwoman Anniversary issue I'm interested to see how Damian would get along with Helena (Selina's pregnancy isn't canon, I understand). Yeah, I know, he met older version from Earth-2, but I really would like to see that type of dynamic, when he's older brother with his little sister hanging around.
    Damian as Batman and Helena as his Robin, that would be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    I knew about Damian-Mari couple AFTER seing many fanarts with Damian and baby Mari and some fanfics, so I thought "hum? wth is this?".
    This definitely can't happen in this Universe Version, please.
    BUT Talia and Jason being a thing was very weird to me, I don't doubt that if Damian stay way for years and comeback with Mari being 18 the ship will not happen. But, again, PLEASE, NO.
    You could have Mari be Damian's age with some time shenanigans. Time Travel/From the Future or just have her concieved very early in Dick's Teen Titans career and have him for some reason forget about her existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    You could have Mari be Damian's age with some time shenanigans. Time Travel/From the Future or just have her concieved very early in Dick's Teen Titans career and have him for some reason forget about her existence.
    It could happen and would not be so weird, but I still prefer Dami-Mari not happen. In the last possibility I think Mari could have a crush in Damian for some while, just this unilateral for no much time.
    *for me Dick-Damian Father-Son (and Dick in 1 year more than Batman made in 4) relationship is strong and uncle Damian would be so nice to see.
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 07-26-2020 at 08:06 AM.

In a scale of 0 to 10, what do you guys think is the chance of DamiJon became a canon? (*-*)/

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

In a scale of 0 to 10, what do you guys think is the chance of DamiJon became a canon? (*-*)/
    I doubt it. Jon is about to get into a relationship in LOSH and Damian in the animated series is hetero. I know they could be revealed as Bi or in the closet like Damian from The Just universe but I don't see it. Writers seem keen to pair them up with members of the opposite sex.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Zero

Batwoman was created 15 years ago and unable to maintain a relationship

The only gay couple that's able to maintain a relationship is a parody of Batman and Superman

Also they're underage offsprings of DC's biggest characters that's almost as old and sacred as Mickey Mouse

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

By the way, since Catwoman Anniversary issue I'm interested to see how Damian would get along with Helena (Selina's pregnancy isn't canon, I understand). Yeah, I know, he met older version from Earth-2, but I really would like to see that type of dynamic, when he's older brother with his little sister hanging around.
    A brother and sister Batman and Robin. Sounds interesting but I was really glad when Dick ended the legacy of Robin in BB because enough. I don't think that Damian with the way he was raised and his canon tendency to break when confronted with kid victims or in danger shouldn't want to endanger any kid.

B&R reborn was about evolution. Damian should follow Mayor Grayson's lead in Batman beyond and not drag a child who isn't a solider or enhanced into crime fighting.

I like the idea of Damian with a kid sister but we already have that in his pets.

Zero. The super sons story in the Robin anniversary special made it pretty clear Tomasi sees them as best friends and Jon basically admits to seeing Damian as his brother.
    DC isn't going for anything romantic with them, no matter what age the characters currently have.

Me toooo I was so excited for see how Damian would feel with baby Helena, I don't understand why it can't be canon.
    But if they made a reboot maybe Helena can appers before and the story began with Helena being 6 or something like this. I remember when I read Spider-man they rebooted the universe SO hard that the story comeback when Peter was in highschool.
    If in Batman Tim make a reboot when he was never Robin and then a reboot when Tim, yes, was Robin again, they could just make Cat-Bat happen before the current timeline.
    Or.... Helena could come from a Time travel with 6 (because I want to see her being a child).