Page 185 of 313 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189195235285 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4692
    Amazing Member

Damian isn't a child anymore, he's a teen now, BTW how old was Jason in Under the Red Hood? Wasn't he an older teen? It's kinda difficult to know his age at that time. Batman will be a self-righteous ass, beating Damian and firing him are my expectations from him.
    Last edited by Dazai_Osamu; 07-17-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazai_Osamu View Post
    Damian isn't a child anymore, he's a teen now, BTW how old was Jason in Under the Red Hood? Wasn't he an older teen? It's kinda difficult to know his age at that time. Batman will be a self-righteous ass, beating Damian and firing him are my expectations from him.
    It was never stated, but is most likely that he was 18 or 19.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Jason was probably 19-21ish in age during UTH. And have you met 13-14 year olds? They're definitely still children. Too young to be living without adult supervision and guidance, anyway.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    It sells well in trades and consistently sells well in digital. Damian fans may dislike the book but quite a few Teen Titans fans rather enjoy it. If your not reading for Damian your not really caring about how this book affects him at all. Also, it out sells the Titans digital comic that is 99 cents. Digital sales and trades are what matters for this book cause one Diamond is not a distributor anymore and comic shops are not open in a lot of places anyway.
    Digital sales mean very little to the comic industry in general.
    I really don't understand why you keep writing in this thread honestly. This is the Damian Wayne appreciation thread and you don't seem all that interested in him.
    Also, this book is terrible even if we ignore Damian. It has one arc that it keeps repeating, the characters are inconsistent as hell, annoyingly dysfunctional and in my personal opinion the characters follow racist stereotypes.
    If you want to enjoy a book like this, fine. But I really don't know what you see in it.

Incredible Member

I've worked with 12-14 year olds, they are children. There is a reason you're a minor until the age of 18 in most western countries.
    Teenagers are children. Even if they don't want to hear it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's because the book is doing better and is more well-liked and enjoyed then the popular opinion and narrative of this particular thread would suggest.
    Sales have tanked since December.
    Selling only 17-16k copies for several months straight isn't popular. Nightwing as Ric sold better.
    Last edited by Ansa; 07-17-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Honestly, for me, it just comes down to not really being satisfied with anything non-Super Sons related that Damian's been up to for the past couple of years. And seeing as all of that has been building up to....this, I'm not very confident that the ends will justify the means. Or that even the ends will be a very satisfying turn for the character. I never expected him to become a full on, mustache twirling villain. But I knew the road he'd go down in Teen Titans would lead to an outcome like this and it's just...not something that interests me.
    Same. Expected this. Still hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    While I don't disdain Jon and Damian as a duo, I wonder how many realize the parallels between that and Colin Wilkes (who, in many respects, was both more street smart and intuitive than Jon, yet also more naive, innocent, and hopefully optimistic, given his circumstances, then Jon)? Like Maya Ducard and Sorin, Colin was an OG bestie to Damian well before Jon. Just as I miss Maya and Sorin, I also miss Colin. (Maps on the side was also cool/cute and missed.)

Korath, if you recall Colin, what did you think about him and his relationship with Damian? Given your misgivings with Damian's typical portrayal with Jon, what was/is your opinion regarding Damian and Colin?
    I used to shipp Damian and Colin (even I read not much), but so I started to like Damijon so I forgot a lot about colin.
    We talk about the TT dream team: Dami, Jon, Maya, the blonde girl that I don't remember the name, I liked the boy of Robin: son of Batman, his dad was a villain and having Maps would make the team so much funny. She is in my TT dream team now. 3 boys, 3 girls, different ethnic, unique personalities, different pasts, greaaattt power no power combination.
    I just don't know if TT can have a member without superpowers beside Robin, don't remember any version with this, but they could just have another name.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Sales have tanked since December.
    Selling only 17-16k copies for several months straight isn't popular. Nightwing as Ric sold better.
    Can we stop using Diamond as the standard for comics and just single issues? If that's the case then why isn't Nightwing or Batgirl or or Aquaman or Deathstroke considered not popular. Also what about books like Ms. Marvel or Squirrel Girl. Both would not be considered popular according to this idea. Trades sales matter much more and a book like Teen Titans consistently sells well in trade same as Nightwing, Batgirl and Red Hood. In fact, Red Hood the Outlaw newest volume was in the top 100 for comics on Amazon.

Diamond sales have never told the whole story and they especially don't matter now because DC's not using them. Also most people don't have comic shops near them so they buy books digitally and we don't have the digital numbers but we do know what books sell the best when they come out. Teen Titans is consistently in the top 30. When people have access to these books they buy them simple as that trades matter more than single issues and I've always felt that way. This is why I always hated the diamond comic book specialty store distribution model because it gives a false impression. if we just went by Diamond numbers the only popular book is Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    This is Batman we're talking about. His communication skills are below zero.
    But he has a logical motive for thinking Arkham would be good? Not in a Bruce-Fhather way, but like Batman-Hero way I don't know, I can't remember anybody that get better going to Arkham, but when I see something that makes no sense to me I ask because probably this did happened and I just don't read enough to saw. Really, for me Arkham have -5% of prisoners reintegrate in society: 100 bad guys go in, 105 bad guys go out. Whaat???
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 07-17-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Yes they are. They could get affection and love if they weren't so brooding.��
    But Damian was becoming open for Djinn, he talked with her, telled his identity, let her touch his face and was going to kiss her. He just got way for a good by hug, " it's not you it's me, byyeeee ". Rejection is the opposite of affection...

I wouldn't call 13 "not a child anymore". Or 14 for that matter....Hell there are still some 18 year olds that I'd call kids.

As Damian has already shown, you don't turn just 13 and then suddenly the puberty switch activates, transforming you into a young adult. He is still very much a kid, in both his appearance and his state of mind. He's a shining example of a child character who's been force to grow up too soon but is still a child.
    Last edited by Blue22; 07-17-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Hopefully is Flamebird and not Redbird.
    Redbird is kinda connected to Jason and Flamebird would be an even better connection between him and Dick.
    Tim will became FLAME ROBIN.

I know Damian as flame bird will not happen, but I can't stop thinking how much I would like it since nobody know what will happen after I Was Robin. The best moment for Dream is now. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I wouldn't call 13 "not a child anymore". Or 14 for that matter....Hell there are still some 18 year olds that I'd call kids.

As Damian has already shown, you don't turn just 13 and then suddenly the puberty switch activates, transforming you into a young adult. He is still very much a kid. And, quite frankly, he acts like it.
    I love the way Damian has knowledge, training, capacity, yada yada yada things better than almost all adults, but still is "I didn't like this Red Hood toy, but it is mine! I am not going to give or share with anyone", "I am NOT a kid anymore!" "Er uhn .. kiss, I don--",
    Last edited by Rebeca Armus; 07-18-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    But he has a logical motive for thinking Arkham would be good? Not in a Bruce-Fhather way, but like Batman-Hero way I don't know, I can't remember anybody that get better going to Arkham, but when I see something that makes no sense to me I ask because probably this did happened and I just don't read enough to saw. Really, for me Arkham have -5% of prisoners reintegrate in society: 100 bad guys go in, 105 bad guys go out. Whaat???
    Honestly I also wonder why Arkham Asylum is still exist, and why there are people whose willing to work on there. That place sounds like some kind of hell for therapists. I mean, every time break-outs are happened, therapists will be villain's first victim, and Harley Quinn is the prime example of 'works go wrong'.

Perhaps someone as pure as him who can survive on Arkham Asylum. Wait no, not really, Joker killed him.
    Sigh, if only death-sentence is exist on DC universe..