Page 34 of 313 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

DC hasn't done anything to Damian .. yet
    Dick and Batman have gotten the rough deal so far. Hopefully it stops there.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Stop? D.C. doesn't know the meaning of the word, not until they've gotten to all Bat fam members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    I'm not talking about BatCat but the whole city of Bane was about Thomas wanting to give Bruce a lesson that the life he leads isn't good one. So, if he is retiring it better be because he realized his mistakes and wants to lead a normal life after rebuilding Gotham.
    I commented on your post because you wrote that you "know" that Bruce will retire because he wants a normal family, which confused me.

I'm not against Bruce trying to rebuild his family, but DC under Didio isn't known to love families. I would keep my expectations low until we get more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Stop? D.C. doesn't know the meaning of the word, not until they've gotten to all Bat fam members.
    DC needs to stop breaking their toys.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DC is done promoting him as a Son of Batman, isn't it? That's why his story is like... whatever... back to be Demon Child status quo you go? Without Tomasi's family concept and Morrison's divorce concept, they don't know what to do with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    DC is done promoting him as a Son of Batman, isn't it? That's why his story is like... whatever... back to be Demon Child status quo you go? Without Tomasi's family concept and Morrison's divorce concept, they don't know what to do with him?
    Have a very overrated writer turn him into generic kid with slight angst that turns into the second coming of Hitler?

Astonishing Member

The next step for Damian should be actually having him learn how to not alienate his teammates( his recent storylines have been 'Damian leads, alienates his team, things go horribly wrong, Damian tries to be better, repeat) or put him in a setting where he's NOT the one in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The next step for Damian should be actually having him learn how to not alienate his teammates( his recent storylines have been 'Damian leads, alienates his team, things go horribly wrong, Damian tries to be better, repeat) or put him in a setting where he's NOT the one in charge.
    Taking off his mantle means he's not in charge...

Though if he stays in Titans... well he has to since he carries the book... this will be the time he forms a new team sans costume, or if the surviving members want to follow they'll do it and go in a kind of soul searching journey as the try to be better part?

Astonishing Member

Taking off his mantle means he's not in charge...

Though if he stays in Titans... well he has to since he carries the book... this will be the time he forms a new team sans costume, or if the surviving members want to follow they'll do it and go in a kind of soul searching journey as the try to be better part?
    The entire roster needs soul searching, but I doubt that Roudnouse,Djinn and Crush will be used much after this run ends. I wonder if Damian would be part of the next roster(assuming the Annual is the end of the current roster). DC might want to do something with what's left of the NTT generation...assuming they're not all dead or derailed by April...

I believe the most important thing is that Damian gets a writer who truly cares about him and wants him to succeed. Staying Robin, getting a new identity, leading a normal life for a short time etc. is all secondary.
    One of the worst things that can happen to a character is apathy.

Angry

Yeah. They allowed Legion 3.. with Bendis talking about EVIL DAMIAN again..

Make him appear 1 issue for that? Is not enough talk bad about him in twitter?

Anyway.. Better 1 issue than ruin him even more.

Incredible Member

Hmm...not sure if I agree with that.

They took away his best friend and his older brother/mentor. They damaged his relationship with his father, but made it look like it was not a big deal for Batman, as if it didn't matter that Robin was gone. They made Alfred's last words to Damian accusing him of sounding like Ra's Al Ghul. Say what you want about Alfred, but most people would side with Alfred no matter what he says because they love him so much. Having Alfed say that is damaging for his reputation.

They gave him a secret prison and when that failed they made him brainwash people. I know a lot of people in this thread like Glass on Teen Titans, but it really hasn't helped the character. The reasoning for why Damian uses such extreme methods could have been explored better. Damian accusing Jason and and the whole fight between them was done poorly. The team argues so much, you ask yourself why they're even together. What they were doing was clearly wrong and had to fail, that's just how the DC universe works. All of this feels like something Damian might have done this way in the beginning of his character developement, but at this point it just feels like character regression or a way to make him fall so the next Robin can look better in comparison.
    Bendis bringing up Batman 666 again and calling Damian "Baby Hitler" is only putting salt in the wound.
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-19-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The entire roster needs soul searching, but I doubt that Roudnouse,Djinn and Crush will be used much after this run ends. I wonder if Damian would be part of the next roster(assuming the Annual is the end of the current roster). DC might want to do something with what's left of the NTT generation...assuming they're not all dead or derailed by April...
    They'd be in Titans though, not Teen Titans. And look how many of the NTTs are actually available...

Nightwing: Looks like he's no longer going to be Ric - at last - so he's actually available
    Starfire: Darkseid pawn in Justice League Odyssey
    Cyborg: Ditto
    Raven: Last seen on the older Titans team, which was shown to still exist in The Infected: Deathbringer.
    Beast Boy: Ditto
    Donna Troy: Brainwashed by Batman Who Laughs in the aforementioned Deathbringer one-shot.
    Jericho, Terra: Both last known to be working with Deathstroke

Anyone else added later may or may not even be in continuity (the team's existence is, but that doesn't mean that the entire membership is - we only ever see the 80s lineup in flashbacks). Kole was apparently resurrected having died in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, but may be dead again - she showed up in Heroes in Crisis.

And as for the other classic Titans:

Arsenal: Died in Heroes in Crisis.
    Flash: Currently travelling the multiverse, but his Flash Forward mini will be done by April, so he's available.
    Omen: Not seen since the pre-No Justice Titans disbanded
    Tempest: No idea what he's been up to since the old Titans team split. The Aquaman book has actually been using the new Aqualad instead.
    Bumblebee: Only rejoined the last team because she had amnesia. She and Mal have been retired for a long time.

Frankly, not a lot of options from the NTT generation. And Young Justice gobbled up a lot of the more recent heroes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Wait what is this about Titans not Teen Titans? Did I miss a solicit?

No. My point there was if they were going to use the older characters, they'd relaunch Titans, it wouldn't be a continuation of Teen Titans. I then listed the old Titans to prove that most of them are off the board anyway (only Nightwing, Tempest, Omen, and Flash would be available, unless the Hall of Justice based team disbanded). Any new Teen Titans roster would probably not use the 1980s New Teen Titans characters.

I reckon we'll get more OCs, considering the whole 5G thing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman