Page 278 of 313 FirstFirst ... 178228268274275276277278279280281282288 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 4692
    Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Could this be hope?

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...htmode%3Dfalse

I want to see Maya and Kathy again. Hope they appear in 2021
    This is the second tease re the Supersons this month. earlier in the month DC comics twitter also teased the duo.

I hope it's something but after the way they handled Nightwing and how willing management were ruin Damian's character I'm not getting my hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Could this be hope?

https://twitter.com/JorgeJimenezArt/...htmode%3Dfalse

I want to see Maya and Kathy again. Hope they appear in 2021
    Tom Taylor responded too....oh my God....is....this for real.....Are my sons coming home!?

Missed the twitter thing, and now it seems the tweet was deleted.

Astonishing Member

It wasn't.
    In general, it's really interesting where this will lead.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 10-22-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Missed the twitter thing, and now it seems the tweet was deleted.
    It’s still their I commented on it

Hi guys.
    there is someone here that write fanfics of Damian?
    I was thinking about doing a liiittle collab with writers.
    Something like an 800 words fic for a 1-2 panels strip comics.
    ddyujh1-2bce9a0d-48f2-4305-9a70-3f68ce87fe0c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    WHAT!! You are confused. That universe only had 4 Batman focused movies out of 13. It's the least Bat focused DC media section out of all the diff sections [Games, movies, comics, merch] lol
    yeah 4 movies but damian was a main character for another 2 so technically 6 overall the Batman presence felt very high
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Jon getting put back to normal seems a likely outcome, it was a massive dud and almost everyone rightfully hated it. But what makes me skeptical is Damian going back as Robin so soon. Seems like theres been too much build up for him to move on only for him to circle back.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Jon getting put back to normal seems a likely outcome, it was a massive dud and almost everyone rightfully hated it. But what makes me skeptical is Damian going back as Robin so soon. Seems like theres been too much build up for him to move on only for him to circle back.
    The real Jon and Damian were off together, got captured and only just now escaped and this has been a fake Damian who only thought he was the Damian? No, I do not want that. Nor do I think it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Damian's heel turn was mandated, forced and as much a dud as jon's age up so I'm happy to have that overridden. His motives and actions are already contradicted in the same run.

If the book itself can't decide why Damian is acting the way he is, what his tm's reactions/part in the whole thing is then the run should be scrapped and retonned.

I still can't believe that DC went to these lengths just to bury a character. A successful character as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah 4 movies but damian was a main character for another 2 so technically 6 overall the Batman presence felt very high
    I'd say TT was an ensemble with many leads.
    I actually thought this universe was an example of DC toning it down on the Bat heavy offering

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian's heel turn was mandated, forced and as much a dud as jon's age up so I'm happy to have that overridden. His motives and actions are already contradicted in the same run.

If the book itself can't decide why Damian is acting the way he is, what his tm's reactions/part in the whole thing is then the run should be scrapped and retonned.

I still can't believe that DC went to these lengths just to bury a character. A successful character as well.
    Well a few years ago when Damian was dead, I was one of those fools who thought " he's probably not coming back, his creator wanted to end his story and they're setting that Carrie Kelly girl up as the next Robin"
    so what do I know? lol.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Hi guys.
    there is someone here that write fanfics of Damian?
    I was thinking about doing a liiittle collab with writers.
    Something like an 800 words fic for a 1-2 panels strip comics.
    ddyujh1-2bce9a0d-48f2-4305-9a70-3f68ce87fe0c.jpg
    I don't write fanfics but I this drawing is cute
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

I honestly don't think they intended to bury him. I think it was just meant to be a shocking heel turn to grab attention. Wasn't there even some "one step forward, two steps back" garbage? I know his background. And for a short while, it was something of an excuse. But the character has been around more than a decade now, so the audience is going to feel he should have moved past that into a more settled hero-dom now. Not to mention he's spent 1/3rd of his life away from the LoA now. Of course, the JL haven't exactly been the best examples these days, either. DC loves a heel turn (though most don't last) to stir things up. And their "flawed heroes" who occasionally lapse into villainous actions, but they're still heroes - honest. Blech.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I honestly don't think they intended to bury him. I think it was just meant to be a shocking heel turn to grab attention. Wasn't there even some "one step forward, two steps back" garbage? I know his background. And for a short while, it was something of an excuse. But the character has been around more than a decade now, so the audience is going to feel he should have moved past that into a more settled hero-dom now. Not to mention he's spent 1/3rd of his life away from the LoA now. Of course, the JL haven't exactly been the best examples these days, either. DC loves a heel turn (though most don't last) to stir things up. And their "flawed heroes" who occasionally lapse into villainous actions, but they're still heroes - honest. Blech.
    I feel it was done to bury him. Have you read that run? Dark Crusader a Tim Drake fan called it Fanfiction for Tim fans and Damian-antis that how bad it was. Every issue crapped all over Damian and we never got any reason for the thing's he did.

This is a title that said that Damian Wayne, the 10 year old who gave his life for others went to hell after his sacrifice. That is unforgivable. What kind of message is that? If a 10 year old who died for others is hell bound then I guess all hope is lost for all DC heroes.

I expect angst from DC and I expect any darkness/interesting origins to be revisited but a child who turned his live around, going so far as to give his life for the safety of others going to hell. That is too far.

Not to mention that before they destroyed his character the writer 1st took steps to point out that he was nothing like his Jewish side. He was all Al Ghul and then next issue he gave us Suicide bomber Damian. That is racist

The writer and The editor can't have much care for Damian to go that far.
    Last edited by Fergus; 10-22-2020 at 01:37 PM.