Page 135 of 313 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Nightwing got a bullet on his head on Batman #55, then on Nightwing #50 it shows that Dick lost his memories because of it. On Nightwing annual #2, Damian tried to wake Dick up, and then he cried when he failed (even though actually Dick woke up a little bit). On that annual, Nightwing rejected Bat-family, under influence of Court of Owl. Our favorite emotionally constipated father and son thought that to bring dick's memories back and make him remember them as his family, they should show a clip when Dick get shot on the head. Boys, Waynes, shock therapy is not first-aid treatment. As expected, Dick's response of that clip is nothing but hostile.
    Thanks! I just read this.
    One more question, after Damian x Jason fight, they had any other interaction? (Beside Alfred's funeral).

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    Thanks! I just read this.
    One more question, after Damian x Jason fight, they had any other interaction? (Beside Alfred's funeral).
    Well, there was Even Leviathan, where Damian, once again, accused Jason of treachery without proof (the first signs of Bendis being unable to write Damian). And other than a quick fight?

Nope. Jason has been doing his own thing. Away from the others.

He took over the Iceberg Lounge from Penguin, then handed the keys over, no catch, to a former foe and her sisters so they could get out of the life of crime.
    Took a "job" from Lex Luthor to "train the next gen of super villains," but really took a bunch of meta-teens (and one super smart baby) out from Lex's reach and gave them a place to stay. Not only allowing them to grow up, but be their own person of their own volition.

During said teaching job, Jason reunited with Biz and Artemis, and now the Outlaws are overseas looking to stop an invasion of monsters that infect and takeover people's bodies. Meanwhile, the kids are under the supervision of Ma Gunn (whom is secretly Jason's grandmother and a former criminal herself).

And honestly, I know Jason would go to the funeral, but I seriously doubt he would be half as calm around Bruce as he was. And Damian honestly burned whatever bridges there were with Jason. In other words; I don't see him sticking around with the other Bats afterwards. In truth, I wouldn't mind him doing what Dick did back in the 70s and 80s; be his own hero with his own team, away from Bruce and the others.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, there was Even Leviathan, where Damian, once again, accused Jason of treachery without proof (the first signs of Bendis being unable to write Damian). And other than a quick fight?

He took over the Iceberg Lounge from Penguin, then handed the keys over, no catch, to a former foe and her sisters so they could get out of the life of crime.
    Took a "job" from Lex Luthor to "train the next gen of super villains," but really took a bunch of meta-teens (and one super smart baby) out from Lex's reach and gave them a place to stay. Not only allowing them to grow up, but be their own person of their own volition.

During said teaching job, Jason reunited with Biz and Artemis, and now the Outlaws are overseas looking to stop an invasion of monsters that infect and takeover people's bodies. Meanwhile, the kids are under the supervision of Ma Gunn (whom is secretly Jason's grandmother and a former criminal herself).

And honestly, I know Jason would go to the funeral, but I seriously doubt he would be half as calm around Bruce as he was. And Damian honestly burned whatever bridges there were with Jason. In other words; I don't see him sticking around with the other Bats afterwards. In truth, I wouldn't mind him doing what Dick did back in the 70s and 80s; be his own hero with his own team, away from Bruce and the others.
    Jason then black not Damian if anything he wouldn be the one walk away

Jason/Red Hood isn't Dick Grayson. He can't move titles even with the bat branding without it he is irrelevant in the DCU.

I'm surprised He turned up to Alfred's funeral considering he apparently knew of bane taking Alfred Hostage and the decree that Bat's were outlawed and he stayed hidden like a little bitch when Alfred needed help.

Jason had no place at that funeral and he's words to Damian revealed he knew the situation and he acted as a coward who negotiates terrorists. He also revealed his lack of care for Alfred since he didn't get in contact with any of the family to inquire about Alfred which is why he wasn't aware of the plan to send Damian in.

He shouldn't have been included in Alfred RIP. It didn't do him any favours.

Also lol at Damian burning any bridges with the Red Hood. That's a bridge that anyone can afford to burn. This isn't Dick Grayson we're talking about or even Tim.

That bridge was never in use so it can afford to be burnt.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-28-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeca Armus View Post
    This is like 40% of Damian Wayne's reading list
    Where's
    Batman/TMNT
    Nightwing Rebirth
    Metal
    Gotham Resistantance
    Batman BeYond Rebirth
    Batman Tales Once upon a Crime
    DCeased
    Superman
    TT
    Gotham Resistance
    SnaggluePuss
    Injustice
    Injustice 2
    Injustice2v Masters of the Universe
    Calvaclade of Horror 2
    Dc New talent Showcase 2
    Nuclear winter
    Dc Holiday special 1 and 2
    Green arrow
    Tec both Tomasi's and taylors
    Lil'Gotham
    Streets of Gotham
    Gates of Gotham
    The Shadow/Batman
    and many more

This is why people go around saying that Damian is regressed because they don't read half the stuff with him. Apart from 3 titles everything I listed above was from Rebirth.

That how many titles he was in that aren't on that Amazon list.
    Last edited by Fergus; 05-28-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Jason/Red Hood isn't Dick Grayson. He can't move titles even with the bat branding without it he is irrelevant in the DCU.

I'm surprised He turned up to Alfred's funeral considering he apparently knew of bane taking Alfred Hostage and the decree that Bat's were outlawed and he stayed hidden like a little bitch when Alfred needed help.

Jason had no place at that funeral and he's words to Damian revealed he knew the situation and he acted as a coward who negotiates terrorists. He also revealed his lack of care for Alfred since he didn't get in contact with any of the family to inquire about Alfred which is why he wasn't aware of the plan to send Damian in.

He shouldn't have been included in Alfred RIP. It didn't do him any favours.
    I wasn't talking about "moving books". Merely a different direction, away from people that have been pretty toxic for Jason lately.

And please. Jason was not written well in Alfred RIP. Going by events, Jason would have gone after Bruce for sending Damian in. What's more, why should Jason work with Bruce at all? Bruce has used and abused him (and not just in Red Hood) time and again. Not to mention, Jason had no reason to trust Damian at that point either, due to events in Teen Titans AND Leviathan. Why would he help people he can't trust?

As for "not being allowed", Alfred was the last string holding Jason there. As Alfred did mean a lot to Jason too.

But go ahead, shift blame for Bruce's actions onto Jason. As Bruce was busy playing hanky panky with Selena, and decided to toss his young son into the fire, knowing full well what would happen. If Bruce wasn't such a sociopath, Jason may have been willing to help. But that hole was dug by Batman, not Jason.

I wasn't talking about "moving books". Merely a different direction, away from people that have been pretty toxic for Jason lately.

And please. Jason was not written well in Alfred RIP. Going by events, Jason would have gone after Bruce for sending Damian in. What's more, why should Jason work with Bruce at all? Bruce has used and abused him (and not just in Red Hood) time and again. Not to mention, Jason had no reason to trust Damian at that point either, due to events in Teen Titans AND Leviathan. Why would he help people he can't trust?

As for "not being allowed", Alfred was the last string holding Jason there. As Alfred did mean a lot to Jason too.

But go ahead, shift blame for Bruce's actions onto Jason. As Bruce was busy playing hanky panky with Selena, and decided to toss his young son into the fire, knowing full well what would happen. If Bruce wasn't such a sociopath, Jason may have been willing to help. But that hole was dug by Batman, not Jason.
    Alfred was in Danger and Jason didn't even call up to check on what they were planning to do to save him nor did he lift a finger himself to help. Strange way of showing he cared.

Jason didn't care when Alfred was in danger. he had no business being there if all he was going to do was attack those who had the balls and loved Alfred enough to risk their lives for him.

Jason wasn't written well in RIP, Bruce wasn't written well by King and Damian wasn't written well by Glass and Bendis. You can't pick and choose canon.

The canon is
    Jason blamed a tween for a traumatic tragedy that wasn't his fault
    Jason knew of the the situation with bane and Alfred and did nothing to help.

jason is a grown man who threatened to kill innocent teens, who has killed kids and who threatened to undress a 10 year old in public. All the bats haves have issues not just Bruce. Damian and kids shouldn't be anywhere near Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Hello fellow minorities! Him distancing from Batman and make his own anti-hero name is my jam. I even have headcanon on my head, with my own design of his costume, his logo, his operation, et cetera.

But my main problem of this issue is why, why they made it as if Damian is the one who purely completely at fault on brainwashing method? Djinn brainwash them with her own consciousness, Kid Flash agree with that method because the villains look happy, Emiko is as passive as ever, Crush never said anything about that before but as usual she agrees with Djinn, and Roundhouse.... I agree with Kid Flash that he's like fungus, I need my Miconazole.
    This is clearly a hit job by Glass.
    Damian distancing himself from batman has the same problems as jason distancing himself from the bat.

Robin automatically means that Damian gets more use so I'm not in favour of Damian leaving it just yet nor do i think it's what's best for Damian.

While I believe it won't be a Drake situation. Damian has more potential and possibilities to explore than Tim.

I just don't think that narrative-wise and in real world terms it's the time for damian to leave Robin behind.

Damian distancing himself from batman has the same problems as jason distancing himself from the bat.

Robin automatically means that Damian gets more use so I'm not in favour of Damian leaving it just yet nor do i think it's what's best for Damian.

While I believe it won't be a Drake situation. Damian has more potential and possibilities to explore than Tim.

I just don't think that narrative-wise and in real world terms it's the time for damian to leave Robin behind.
    Agreed.
    He's only 13 years old and looks ten, nobody would take him seriously as an anti-hero. I'm also bothered that only the Robins from stable families get to be heroes, while the ones who had a difficult childhood seem to be doomed to be forever stuck between heroism and villainy.

Also there are so many Elseworlds who already explore this idea, I really don't need it in the main universe.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-28-2020 at 11:36 PM.

I also highly doubt DC would put a lot of effort into Damian to make it work.
    Just look at Damian's appearances in all of DC since Glass took over Teen Titans.
    Damian in TT and Damian in all the other books doesn't fit together at all, editorial doesn't care if he has a clear direction or not. And since I prefer almost every single one of Damian's appearances outside of TT over him in TT I really would rather follow that direction.

Maybe he still will be leaving it behind. That annual that says I Was Robin on the cover is now after the next arc. Is it the book's finale?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe he still will be leaving it behind. That annual that says I Was Robin on the cover is now after the next arc. Is it the book's finale?
    There's no official information out yet. We know that some books are ending, Rhato at 50, Supergirl at 42, Harley Quinn is ending at 75, Terrifics ends at 30. All end around late summer/early fall.

I wouldn't be suprised if the book ends at 45. Use the events of the annual to shut the team down for good and wrap it all up in the final issue after the annual.
    If DC is serious about Damian "making criminals pay the ultimate price" it's not like they can make him much worse after that.
    I'm not convinced this story even wants to give Damian a redemption arc, so I wouldn't bet on that to prolong the book either. At best it might get the book to 50.
    With Batman discovering what the team has been doing and confronting Damian I also have a hard time imagining Bruce will let them keep working.

Teen Titans is a team book, but Damian was the one who originally brought them together and gave them a purpose. So if the annual ends with him leaving the team/book in one way or another that driving force would be gone and also the team would only be four characters.
    No offense to Wallace, Emiko, Crush and Roundhouse fans, but I'm not convinced they could carry this book alone and I haven't heard anything about new characters coming in.

For me those are all signs Thompson will use this arc to build up to the confrontation between Batman and Robin and to tie up some loose ends, so that the book can end at 45. But I guess we'll have to wait for the solicitation for 45 to be sure.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 05-29-2020 at 07:34 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    There's no official information out yet. We know that some books are ending, Rhato at 50, Supergirl at 42, Harley Quinn is ending at 75, Terrifics ends at 30. All end around late summer/early fall.

I wouldn't be suprised if the book ends at 45. Use the events of the annual to shut the team down for good and wrap it all up in the final issue after the annual.
    If DC is serious about Damian "making criminals pay the ultimate price" it's not like they can make him much worse after that.
    I'm not convinced this story even wants to give Damian a redemption arc, so I wouldn't bet on that to prolong the book either. At best it might get the book to 50.
    With Batman discovering what the team has been doing and confronting Damian I also have a hard time imagining Bruce will let them keep working.

Teen Titans is a team book, but Damian was the one who originally brought them together and gave them a purpose. So if the annual ends with him leaving the team/book in one way or another that driving force would be gone and also the team would only be four characters.
    No offense to Wallace, Emiko, Crush and Roundhouse fans, but I'm not convinced they could carry this book alone and I haven't heard anything about new characters coming in.

For me those are all signs Thompson will use this arc to build up to the confrontation between Batman and Robin and to tie up some loose ends, so that the book can end at 45. But I guess we'll have to wait for the solicitation for 45 to be sure.
    I think Thompson just is going to continue the numbering with his run and wrap up some loose ends. Who knows they may just either put out a new number one or have the title continue its numbering which wouldn't be unusual for most DC titles regardless of whose run it is.

He posted some art for the upcoming issues if anyone wants to see. I like this art style a lot.

https://twitter.com/javierfdezart/st...891744257?s=20
    Last edited by shadow6743; 05-29-2020 at 08:06 AM.

This is like 40% of Damian Wayne's reading list
    Where's
    Batman/TMNT
    Nightwing Rebirth
    Metal
    Gotham Resistantance
    Batman BeYond Rebirth
    Batman Tales Once upon a Crime
    DCeased
    Superman
    TT
    Gotham Resistance
    SnaggluePuss
    Injustice
    Injustice 2
    Injustice2v Masters of the Universe
    Calvaclade of Horror 2
    Dc New talent Showcase 2
    Nuclear winter
    Dc Holiday special 1 and 2
    Green arrow
    Tec both Tomasi's and taylors
    Lil'Gotham
    Streets of Gotham
    Gates of Gotham
    The Shadow/Batman
    and many more

This is why people go around saying that Damian is regressed because they don't read half the stuff with him. Apart from 3 titles everything I listed above was from Rebirth.

That how many titles he was in that aren't on that Amazon list.
    I've read some of the ones you mentioned, but this list try put 0 parallel universes. I read lil'gotham, I went to bookstore 2 times for read it, but it's not a canon (is this the right word in this case?) I really liked tmnt x batman comics, I would be happy with more numbers.