Page 256 of 283 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4238
  1. #3826
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    342

    Default

    I can point out issue with the writing and not agree that his were his responsible as writer never did good enough job explain why Damian fall backwards with his development
    No, you can't. It doesn't matter, bad or good writing, we've seen Damian's actions. If they will say, that Thawne also manipulated him just like with Wallace, that's when it will be possible to say that he's no responsible for his actions.
    In any case, they will still most likely get away from this plot as far as possible, after Tomasi will handle it.

  2. #3827
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Yes Damian's actions were out of character and you can argue that they were out of character but that still doesn't make him any less responsible.

    Bruce was Out of character in Kings run but fans still hold him responsible for what happened. Fans still drag him for chilling on the beach while gotham was held hostage.

    It's the same thing here. Damian was written out of character but he is still responsible.

    in my previous post I meant Damian wasn't manipulated or tricked
    Fair I guess still not convinced that best way look this


    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    No, you can't. It doesn't matter, bad or good writing, we've seen Damian's actions. If they will say, that Thawne also manipulated him just like with Wallace, that's when it will be possible to say that he's no responsible for his actions.
    In any case, they will still most likely get away from this plot as far as possible, after Tomasi will handle it.
    Yes and while it does look it. is move that way but at this moment is still unclear what going to happen with Damian in general

    you can't. It doesn't matter, bad or good writing, we've seen Damian's actions
    That feel out character in my opinion especially as the no real reason even to have this quick change but i wait to see how handle for now
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-17-2020 at 04:32 AM.

  3. #3828
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow1322 View Post
    if teen titans can hand wave roundhouse action other other characters action then Damian is 100% responsible feel forced and once you under that people like what batman to be loner character then become even more forced I did say not to push this did I not

    So no still your opinion
    Did they hand wave Roundhouse's actions or did they forgive him and give him a chance to redeem himself? I hate defending the guy but he definitely took responsibility for his actions and the team chose to forgive him. Whether or not he did enough to earn that forgiveness is up for debate. But either way, I dont remember anyone acting like what happened wasn't his fault.

  4. #3829
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Did they hand wave Roundhouse's actions or did they forgive him and give him a chance to redeem himself? I hate defending the guy but he definitely took responsibility for his actions and the team chose to forgive him. Whether or not he did enough to earn that forgiveness is up for debate. But either way, I dont remember anyone acting like what happened wasn't his fault.
    They did not handwave it at all. Roundhouse even today knows he screwed up big time and try to make amends.

  5. #3830
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    They did not handwave it at all. Roundhouse even today knows he screwed up big time and try to make amends.
    Yes was actually again Roundhouse even today knows he screwed up big time yet that don't cross and yes he did. As his actions that remove Djnn

    try to make amends
    Ha But make clear say he try make amends then being dead weight as character is not making amends



    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Did they hand wave Roundhouse's actions or did they forgive him and give him a chance to redeem himself? I hate defending the guy but he definitely took responsibility for his actions and the team chose to forgive him. Whether or not he did enough to earn that forgiveness is up for debate. But either way, I dont remember anyone acting like what happened wasn't his fault.
    Did they hand wave Roundhouse's actions or did they forgive him and give him a chance to redeem himself?

    With this writer they same thing as point out he never explain why one character is worth the chance to be redeem and another is not when roundhouse for example action remove Djnn among other issues.

    he definitely took responsibility for his actions and the team chose to forgive him

    Actually he take responsibility Djnn issue if remember correctly and only after the other characters push him on it

    Also were he did enough to earn that forgiveness in my no to point
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-17-2020 at 07:20 AM.

  6. #3831
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Roundhouse was the only person on that team who had a problem with what Damian was doing, he went about things the worse way possible.

  7. #3832
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Roundhouse was the only person on that team who had a problem with what Damian was doing, he went about things the worse way possible.
    This^

    Everyone else was either too busy enabling Robin and Djinn like Emiko or acting complicit like Wallace and Crush. Roundhouse messed up but I lost sympathy for Djinn, her character felt more like an anti-villain.
    OP characters make me itch

  8. #3833
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    This^

    Everyone else was either too busy enabling Robin and Djinn like Emiko or acting complicit like Wallace and Crush. Roundhouse messed up but I lost sympathy for Djinn, her character felt more like an anti-villain.
    Something I'd been saying for the longest. Djinn, to me was the worst of the three. Roundhouse is easy to dislike to a reader because of his personality and making unfunny jokes but he's the most normal out of the entire group. He's not a natural hero, probably shouldn't be, and his writing shows it, well.

  9. #3834
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,769

    Default

    RH is just as bad if not the worst. He joined the team for revenge and purposefully endangered and the team just like Damian.

    Sure his sister was a casualty of crime fighting but that happens. I'd like to know a hero who doesn't/never left some collateral damage.

    Rh also went along with everything Damian did. I didn't see him quit the Team.

    Damian couldn't do all that alone. They are all as bad as each other expect the TMs can also add weak minded and cowardice to the list. Aside from Wallace that is.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 09-17-2020 at 10:07 PM.

  10. #3835
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Sure his sister was a casualty of crime fighting but that happens. I'd like to know a hero who doesn't/never left some collateral damage.

    Rh also went along with everything Damian did. I didn't see him quit the Team.

    Damian couldn't do all that alone.
    All the more reason he's justified for doing what he did; just because you don't see his sister's death as a big deal, doesn't mean he shouldn't. He reacted on impulse and emotion something anyone his age would do. That's why I'm not upset with Damian for his reaction to Alfred's death.

    He blindly followed, Damian, because he had no idea about the prison until it was discovered by, Wallace. Afterwards he plotted his revenge tour, and sure it blew up in his face.

    You're correct that Damian couldn't have done all that on his own which is why the most deserving blame imo is on himself, Emiko, and Djinn. Emi hasn't really acknowledged helping put together the prison, and Djinn is gone excluding her from any contributions; even going so far as to victimize her at the very end despite helping Damian brainwash the criminals.
    Last edited by Grandmaster_J; 09-18-2020 at 02:36 AM.

  11. #3836
    Astonishing Member CPSparkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    4,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    All the more reason he's justified for doing what he did; just because you don't see his sister's death as a big deal, doesn't mean he shouldn't. He reacted on impulse and emotion something anyone his age would do. That's why I'm not upset with Damian for his reaction to Alfred's death.

    He blindly followed, Damian, because he had no idea about the prison until it was discovered by, Wallace. Afterwards he plotted his revenge tour, and sure it blew up in his face.

    You're correct that Damian couldn't have done all that on his own which is why the most deserving blame imo is on himself, Emiko, and Djinn. Emi hasn't really acknowledged helping put together the prison, and Djinn is gone excluding her from any contributions; even going so far as to victimize her at the very end despite helping Damian brainwash the criminals.
    RH didn't act on impluse. his actions were premeditated and he had plenty of time to consider his actions.

    Without knowing the full details I can't rank Emi and Djinn the same as Damian who is the most to blame.

    In my previous post I was talking about the TMs Damian excluded

  12. #3837
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York
    Posts
    2,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    RH is just as bad if not the worst. He joined the team for revenge and purposefully endangered and the team just like Damian.

    Sure his sister was a casualty of crime fighting but that happens. I'd like to know a hero who doesn't/never left some collateral damage.

    Rh also went along with everything Damian did. I didn't see him quit the Team.

    Damian couldn't do all that alone. They are all as bad as each other expect the TMs can also add weak minded and cowardice to the list. Aside from Wallace that is.
    Wallace is probably the worse one, he's worked with Damian in the past and should've done more to call him out. That seems to be a core trait of Wallace's character, allegedly has morals but doesn't have the balls or convictions to do the right thing when it really counts.

    Roundhouse DID have reservations about the prison and brainwashing after he found out, but the others didn't pay attention to his concerns. The only thing that kept him from being 100% justified in betraying them was holding a grudge against Damian for the death of his sister.

  13. #3838
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wallace is probably the worse one, he's worked with Damian in the past and should've done more to call him out. That seems to be a core trait of Wallace's character, allegedly has morals but doesn't have the balls or convictions to do the right thing when it really counts.

    Roundhouse DID have reservations about the prison and brainwashing after he found out, but the others didn't pay attention to his concerns. The only thing that kept him from being 100% justified in betraying them was holding a grudge against Damian for the death of his sister.


    Wallace is probably the worse one, he's worked with Damian in the past and should've done more to call him out. That seems to be a core trait of Wallace's character, allegedly has morals but doesn't have the balls or convictions to do the right thing when it really counts.

    Never read flash but first team Wallace after mistake with deathstroke and place back on to teams again that was not really issue for little amount time he back in the time


    should've done more to call him out.

    Really that issue that nobody called him out really
    Last edited by Shadow1322; 09-18-2020 at 07:52 AM.

  14. #3839
    Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wallace is probably the worse one, he's worked with Damian in the past and should've done more to call him out. That seems to be a core trait of Wallace's character, allegedly has morals but doesn't have the balls or convictions to do the right thing when it really counts.
    He should've done more physically, yes. The calling out part, he was front and center majority of the time.

  15. #3840
    Incredible Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Something I'd been saying for the longest. Djinn, to me was the worst of the three. Roundhouse is easy to dislike to a reader because of his personality and making unfunny jokes but he's the most normal out of the entire group. He's not a natural hero, probably shouldn't be, and his writing shows it, well.

    At least Robin's just a kid. You can always say he was just acting out of immaturity and lack of better judgement. Djinn is supposed to be 100+ years old and she manipulated all the TT to act like sociopaths.
    OP characters make me itch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •