Page 288 of 313 FirstFirst ... 188238278284285286287288289290291292298 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 4692

I think this situation is just really complicated to say the least.

Honestly, on one hand I don't really like how they suddenly ignoring everything, because I don't feel it helps Damian's character. That whole prison thing needs to be retconned completely or be properly resolved, and this in-between we seemenly are now is no good, because some people will not suddenly forget about everything that happened - and the way it is ignored. On the other, however, that whole thing was just so out of character and nonsense, I am kinda of glad they are ignoring it. lol It just irritates me the way they went so far to make sure Damian was turned into a villain to now just pretend everything is fine, you know? Because it isn't fine! I'm still really mad about it!

But I really do think it needs to be properly resolved, not just brushed aside.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’ve said this before but it’s just so weird that if Damian did kill brother blood we never saw it. He said he did it sure and apparently Batman figured it out, but we never see a flashback or even a recording showing him doing it. If it literally wasn’t for Batman monologuing that Robin killed someone and Damian not denying it you’d think someone set him up.
    Agreed! I kept waiting for a turn of events, but now there's only one issue left in Teen Titans, so I don't know.
    Last edited by the1&onlyE.; 11-12-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the1&onlyE. View Post
    Agreed! I kept waiting for a turn of events, but now there's only one issue left in Teen Titans, so I don't know.
    Actually you know what it feels like, it feels a lot like the Tom King City of Bane Alfred Death. If you aren’t aware King meant for the Death to be a fake out and that either it was clay face or it was all a scarecrow fear has trick showing Damian his worst fear but someone on the editorial level liked the idea so it was changed that Alfred really did die.

Here it feels like Damian was being set up as the obvious red herring for the murder and then it was switched half way through that he did do it but they didn’t have time to change the art or something. That’s what it’s starting to feel like to me, but that’s just unsubstantiated theory so don’t take too much what I said at face value.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    That's quite the read considering Glass TT run was a deliberate attempt at ruining the character. Pushing him to such an unlikable extreme so they can take Robin away him so they can justify/ sway WB to allow them to do so.

Glass crapped on Damian every issue.
    he was pushed around and phy7sically attacked multiple times by Crush
    Was blamed for accidentally killing RH's sis
    Turned into a Suicide bomber
    Took an L from Jason who he had beaten handily before
    Agreed to be mentored by Jason who isn't his even equal in anyway
    Went to hell
    is all AlGhul no Wayne according to Alfred
    his motivations made no sense
    Damian we learnt doesn't really belong in Gotham or with the batfam preferring to hang out with the Middle Eastern refugees in Gotham
    His team are afraid of him despite constantly bullying and smacking him around.

TT was a hate letter to Damian and his fans Masterminded by Glass and those with Power behind the scenes who have been trying to replace him since Snyder took over Batman.

It's been 9 years and I'm still waiting for Damian to have a peaceful tenure as Robin/Batman's sidekick
    That's utter nonsense.

Damian in Glass teen Titans was extremely relatable as a confused youth who had been used as child soldier by his own parents all his life and was struggling to find a way he felt worked to stop the criminals who keep destroying lives around him. He aligned with Red Hood - someone he had beaten before because he had taken him by surprise - and strapped bomb to himself because he knew it give Jason pause if need be and had nothing of those toxic implications US readers love to see everytime someone isn't entirely from European descent (which is one of you guys problems : your multi-culturalism sucks because it keeps creating walls between people by creating communities instead of forging a nation but it isnt really here nor there)).

And of course he'd lean more toward the al'ghul teachings because his father's led to the destruction not only of a whole planet but of plenty of innocent peoples because Batman can't prevent the likes of Joker, Black Mask and all from killing untold numbers of peoples. Damian deciding that enough is enough was one of the most heroic things he did, and struggling to try and find the best way to achieve true peace for the peoples of Gotham. He did mistakes of course, but they were born og the best intentions.

And his team was dysfunctional because his father never even tried to make him get out of his child-soldier mindset. If Batman had truly wanted his son to be normal, he should have barred him entirely from the vigilante business and force him to be just a student in Gotham Academy or something like that. Because then he'd have had to interact with normal kids (mostly) and had to develop a life outside of the war on crime. Instead, Bruce felt it was a great idea to just put him in a Robin costume and call it a day since he barely had to train him at all to make him able to fight alone. Of course he doesn't know how to make a team work, he was never trained to be! With his mother he was trained to rule, it was kill or be killed. With Batman it was obey his every order and that's it! He does what he has been told to do, to command and expects others to obey like they do his fathers. It's not a mistake, it's not even a real flaw. It's the result of what has been his life up until this point.

And I love Damian as this cold and brutal vigilante who sometimes need to be reined in. And him lashing out at Batman and tearing away the R from his chest was one of his best and strongest moments, because for the first time ever, he got to decide who he was, by himself and for himself. Not to satisfy the ambitions of his mother or his father. To decide who Damian the teenager is, what he wants and what he believe in.

If three issues laters he is Robin again, alongside Batman, I'm sorry but it's the worst thing which could happen to him and will make this character utterly unreadable. The next time he'll voice any complain, he'll have to shut up because then he'd be a little wimp who does tamper tantrums because daddy doesn't love him enough or another bullshit excuse that Tomasi will puke on the page. It sucks, and it shouldn't be what this character is, a pathetic piece of **** who cries and need the oh so better adjusted Kid Jon or Cassie Sandsmark or Dick or whoever DC will throw at him next to have any sense of a moral compass.

Him going for the kill on Blood and KGBeast doesn't make him a monster, it makes him someone who has decided that enough is enough and that those who have been given all the chances to make amends and never do have to be stopped for good. Him returning to Batman like nothing happened and adhering to his code but with "TT" makes him a trash character and confirm that since Rebirth, he has devolved into a pathetic creation and that Grant Morrison was right to want him dead and fully dead.

I'd rather he hadn't returned after being killed by The Heretic than to see him as Batman's good boy.
    Last edited by Korath; 11-13-2020 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's utter nonsense.

Damian in Glass teen Titans was extremely relatable as a confused youth who had been used as child soldier by his own parents all his life and was struggling to find a way he felt worked to stop the criminals who keep destroying lives around him. He aligned with Red Hood - someone he had beaten before because he had taken him by surprise - and strapped bomb to himself because he knew it give Jason pause if need be and had nothing of those toxic implications US readers love to see everytime someone isn't entirely from European descent (which is one of you guys problems : your multi-culturalism sucks because it keeps creating walls between people by creating communities instead of forging a nation but it isnt really here nor there)).

And of course he'd lean more toward the al'ghul teachings because his father's led to the destruction not only of a whole planet but of plenty of innocent peoples because Batman can't prevent the likes of Joker, Black Mask and all from killing untold numbers of peoples. Damian deciding that enough is enough was one of the most heroic things he did, and struggling to try and find the best way to achieve true peace for the peoples of Gotham. He did mistakes of course, but they were born og the best intentions.

And his team was dysfunctional because his father never even tried to make him get out of his child-soldier mindset. If Batman had truly wanted his son to be normal, he should have barred him entirely from the vigilante business and force him to be just a student in Gotham Academy or something like that. Because then he'd have had to interact with normal kids (mostly) and had to develop a life outside of the war on crime. Instead, Bruce felt it was a great idea to just put him in a Robin costume and call it a day since he barely had to train him at all to make him able to fight alone. Of course he doesn't know how to make a team work, he was never trained to be! With his mother he was trained to rule, it was kill or be killed. With Batman it was obey his every order and that's it! He does what he has been told to do, to command and expects others to obey like they do his fathers. It's not a mistake, it's not even a real flaw. It's the result of what has been his life up until this point.

And I love Damian as this cold and brutal vigilante who sometimes need to be reined in. And him lashing out at Batman and tearing away the R from his chest was one of his best and strongest moments, because for the first time ever, he got to decide who he was, by himself and for himself. Not to satisfy the ambitions of his mother or his father. To decide who Damian the teenager is, what he wants and what he believe in.

If three issues laters he is Robin again, alongside Batman, I'm sorry but it's the worst thing which could happen to him and will make this character utterly unreadable. The next time he'll voice any complain, he'll have to shut up because then he'd be a little wimp who does tamper tantrums because daddy doesn't love him enough or another bullshit excuse that Tomasi will puke on the page. It sucks, and it shouldn't be what this character is, a pathetic piece of **** whi cries and need the oh so better adjusted Kid Jon or Cassie Sandsmark or Dick or whoever DC will throw at him next to have any sense of a moral compass.

Him going for the kill on Blood and KGBeast doesn't make him a monster, it makes him someone who has decided that enough is enough and that those who have been given all the chances to make amends and never do have to be stopped for good. Him returning to Batman like nothing happened and adhering to his code but with "TT" makes him a trash character and confirm that since Rebirth, he has devolved into a pathetic creation and that grand Morrison was right to want him dead and fully dead.

I'd rather he hadn't returned after being killed by The Heretic than to see him as Batman's good boy.
    Great point right there

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    That's utter nonsense.

If three issues laters he is Robin again, alongside Batman, I'm sorry but it's the worst thing which could happen to him and will make this character utterly unreadable. The next time he'll voice any complain, he'll have to shut up because then he'd be a little wimp who does tamper tantrums because daddy doesn't love him enough or another bullshit excuse that Tomasi will puke on the page. It sucks, and it shouldn't be what this character is, a pathetic piece of **** who cries and need the oh so better adjusted Kid Jon or Cassie Sandsmark or Dick or whoever DC will throw at him next to have any sense of a moral compass.

Him going for the kill on Blood and KGBeast doesn't make him a monster, it makes him someone who has decided that enough is enough and that those who have been given all the chances to make amends and never do have to be stopped for good. Him returning to Batman like nothing happened and adhering to his code but with "TT" makes him a trash character and confirm that since Rebirth, he has devolved into a pathetic creation and that Grant Morrison was right to want him dead and fully dead.

I'm partially agree with you. When we think again, Damian's act and frustration is understandable. He's teenager, who just see that his father is not the embodiment of living god he always think. I love prison arc (Terminus Agenda is just so good, really I will give anything to Priest if he writes Damian again, preferably without his obsession to make Deathstroke as Damian's secret dad), kinda okay mind-wiping arc, Lobo arc is also okay, The Other arc is disappointing, Djinn war is just big meh, and I loathe the fact that on Thompson run he tried to make his team join him to murder villains. I have no problem with him kills again or kill in period, but still, he felt responsible for Emiko when she killed Deathstroke for his sake, at least he knew that not everyone will be on board with his murder way, even though he thought that it's the best way. I also agree with you that him ripped Robin badge is just so powerful and I practically cheered when he said that he's finally free to forge his own way, not Batman's way or Al Ghul's way. Him becoming Robin again with such 3 issues story, not to mention with him following Bruce's past track is just undermine his rightful anger. I am one of few people who want Damian moved from Robin title (even though I still think he's too young to fend on his own), because on past years seems like DC just forget that Damian is Robin, with him absent from his role as Batman sidekick, and so I feel like Damian is really detached from Robin title even before TT was a thing. Oh also even though I don't hate the book, I dropped DCeased as soon as I saw a panel that said that Damian is not as emotionally constipated as Bruce, because Lois and Jon 'raised' him. Gee, so it's Alfred's fault that Bruce became emotionally constipated until his death? Good for other Damian fans, but Damian who doesn't struggle to connect with people and without overconfidence attitude like kitten puffing its fur to stranger is not my Damian. Damian who hug and smile easily and can perfectly empathized with other people is just feel....wrong.

BUT, I also agree with @CPSparkles, that book is created to hurt Damian. I don't think they want the reader to sympathized with Damian, because if that's the case, they will not victimized others that much. I mean, they had their fair share of fault for at least mind wiping arc but what did we got? Boo hoo Wallace actually didn't agree but Thawne manipulate him, Emiko got hurt because of Damian, Djinn suddenly was manipulated by Damian, Crush lost her girlfriend and somehow she directed that anger only to Damian and become all buddy buddy with Roundhouse who imprison Djinn on the first place, and Roundhouse you gross big blue of moldy cheese ball(I hate cheese btw), yes you are truly fungus at its final form, what do you mean Damian ruined Teen Titans for you? He's the one who fricking built it, you are the one who fricking betrayed team, and if I remember correctly did you enter the team so you can have revenge on Damian? Also we didn't see his inner turmoil or something to make readers sympathized with him. The books only shows his arrogance of his own way, and as much as I like Damian's overconfidence attitude, his arrogance will not make reader empathize with him. And this is double painful for us, because we know him, we can sympathize with him, but other people who barely know Damian cannot, and we can't blame them if they hate Damian because of that books.

Not to mention the story-telling except on terminus agenda is just plain mess. Oh on this issue we know that Jason mentored Damian, but then 2 issues later Damian thought that Jason betrayed him, confronted him, blackmailed him with the damned mysterious box that we don't know the meaning and maybe we never will, but that was so important for Jason because even Alfred said that Damian resembled Ra's Al Ghul for taking that box. That, and the lack of their interaction to build trust or something clearly painted Damian as one sided aggressor who tried to beat up poor innocent man (and failed, to sprinkle salt on the wound). Emiko joined Damian's team because she had a beef with The Other as well, but when she finally met him, she has no notable response. Djinn war arc and conclusion is just plain bad, and why they mention that Elias knew Damian but then never mentioned it again? To prove that he's such a demon boy? Crush joined Damian's team for her chains, but then she achieved in on one issue, with Djinn nonetheless. Emiko and Wallace romance came out of nowhere, the revelation is practically in hell. Even until now we don't know if Damian killed Brother Blood or not, and I bet that we will never know what Damian wrote to Jon because the books is just that bad and that unsatisfying at storytelling.

So my conclusion is, even though I didn't completely hate it, if DC retconned that book you will not see me complaining. Preferably DC retcon the book except Terminus Agenda arc and TT annual #2.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 11-13-2020 at 04:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

On the one hand, I can't say that I'm upset with the direction, because I don't like Glass's Titans, and Damian's "development" there only irritated me, I don't like that. That is, I will not be upset that now there is a retcon. But this is only from one point of view, more emotional.
    On the other hand, they go the simplest and cheapest way possible, this cannot be denied. And ignore, and even retcon events what happened just recently, well, it's really weird. That is, they will simply ignore a considerable number of events in the character's story so that the general public is happy. In much the same way, Williamson made Thawne involved in HiC events. For those who hate that event (most of fans, let's be honest), this retcon was acceptable, but that doesn't negate the fact that it's a cheap move, designed to keep the public happy and no longer complain about Wally.
    In any case, as far as I can tell, most of the audience complained about Damian in TT almost from the very beginning. To the point where Glass had to make excuses on Instagram. And this along with the fact that they constantly yelled about bringing back Super Sons, about character assasination, to improve Damian's relationship with Bruce, etc. Even the complete OOC in DCeased is more praised. Therefore, there is nothing surprising here in the fact that they decided to leave that plot and return everything to the old status quo. For them, it is just way more profitable and they, most likely, have already understood this. That is why everything is going this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I'm partially agree with you. When we think again, Damian's act and frustration is understandable. He's teenager, who just see that his father is not the embodiment of living god he always think. I love prison arc (Terminus Agenda is just so good, really I will give anything to Priest if he writes Damian again, preferably without his obsession to make Deathstroke as Damian's secret dad), kinda okay mind-wiping arc, Lobo arc is also okay, The Other arc is disappointing, Djinn war is just big meh, and I loathe the fact that on Thompson run he tried to make his team join him to murder villains. I have no problem with him kills again or kill in period, but still, he felt responsible for Emiko when she killed Deathstroke for his sake, at least he knew that not everyone will be on board with his murder way, even though he thought that it's the best way. I also agree with you that him ripped Robin badge is just so powerful and I practically cheered when he said that he's finally free to forge his own way, not Batman's way or Al Ghul's way. Him becoming Robin again with such 3 issues story, not to mention with him following Bruce's past track is just undermine his rightful anger. I am one of few people who want Damian moved from Robin title (even though I still think he's too young to fend on his own), because on past years seems like DC just forget that Damian is Robin, with him absent from his role as Batman sidekick, and so I feel like Damian is really detached from Robin title even before TT was a thing. Oh also even though I don't hate the book, I dropped DCeased as soon as I saw a panel that said that Damian is not as emotionally constipated as Bruce, because Lois and Jon 'raised' him. Gee, so it's Alfred's fault that Bruce became emotionally constipated until his death? Good for other Damian fans, but Damian who doesn't struggle to connect with people and without overconfidence attitude like kitten puffing its fur to stranger is not my Damian. Damian who hug and smile easily and can perfectly empathized with other people is just feel....wrong.

BUT, I also agree with @CPSparkles, that book is created to hurt Damian. I don't think they want the reader to sympathized with Damian, because if that's the case, they will not victimized others that much. I mean, they had their fair share of fault for at least mind wiping arc but what did we got? Boo hoo Wallace actually didn't agree but Thawne manipulate him, Emiko got hurt because of Damian, Djinn suddenly was manipulated by Damian, Crush lost her girlfriend and somehow she directed that anger only to Damian and become all buddy buddy with Roundhouse who imprison Djinn on the first place, and Roundhouse you gross big blue of moldy cheese ball(I hate cheese btw), yes you are truly fungus at its final form, what do you mean Damian ruined Teen Titans for you? He's the one who fricking built it, you are the one who fricking betrayed team, and if I remember correctly did you enter the team so you can have revenge on Damian? Also we didn't see his inner turmoil or something to make readers sympathized with him. The books only shows his arrogance of his own way, and as much as I like Damian's overconfidence attitude, his arrogance will not make reader empathize with him. And this is double painful for us, because we know him, we can sympathize with him, but other people who barely know Damian cannot, and we can't blame them if they hate Damian because of that books.

Not to mention the story-telling except on terminus agenda is just plain mess. Oh on this issue we know that Jason mentored Damian, but then 2 issues later Damian thought that Jason betrayed him, confronted him, blackmailed him with the damned mysterious box that we don't know the meaning and maybe we never will, but that was so important for Jason because even Alfred said that Damian resembled Ra's Al Ghul for taking that box. That, and the lack of their interaction to build trust or something clearly painted Damian as one sided aggressor who tried to beat up poor innocent man (and failed, to sprinkle salt on the wound). Emiko joined Damian's team because she had a beef with The Other as well, but when she finally met him, she has no notable response. Djinn war arc and conclusion is just plain bad, and why they mention that Elias knew Damian but then never mentioned it again? To prove that he's such a demon boy? Crush joined Damian's team for her chains, but then she achieved in on one issue, with Djinn nonetheless. Emiko and Wallace romance came out of nowhere, the revelation is practically in hell. Even until now we don't know if Damian killed Brother Blood or not, and I bet that we will never know what Damian wrote to Jon because the books is just that bad and that unsatisfying at storytelling.

So my conclusion is, even though I didn't completely hate it, if DC retconned that book you will not see me complaining. Preferably DC retcon the book except Terminus Agenda arc and TT annual #2.
    Y'know I was going to write my own rant, but this is basically how I also feel about everything. There were soo many things that didn't make sense in TT that I stopped paying attention to the overall story and just read it to see how far they'd go to mess with Damian.

I hate how they blame the mind-wipe on him, especially since they only started doing it after the whole team found out. Oh, and Emi in this book was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Actually you know what it feels like, it feels a lot like the Tom King City of Bane Alfred Death. If you aren’t aware King meant for the Death to be a fake out and that either it was clay face or it was all a scarecrow fear has trick showing Damian his worst fear but someone on the editorial level liked the idea so it was changed that Alfred really did die.

Here it feels like Damian was being set up as the obvious red herring for the murder and then it was switched half way through that he did do it but they didn’t have time to change the art or something. That’s what it’s starting to feel like to me, but that’s just unsubstantiated theory so don’t take too much what I said at face value.
    I get where you're coming from because spoiling who the killer is on the first cover made me scratch my head too, but I don't think they ever planned for Damian not to be the killer. For the simply reason that the arc where Damian kills again was already the changed plan. Before 5G and a lot of other plans got scrapped the annual would have been after the Djinn War arc and Damian wouldn't have been in the book afterwards. But plans changed, the annual got pushed back and they inserted an arc that finalized Damian's character assassination in Teen Titans.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Y'know I was going to write my own rant, but this is basically how I also feel about everything. There were soo many things that didn't make sense in TT that I stopped paying attention to the overall story and just read it to see how far they'd go to mess with Damian.

I hate how they blame the mind-wipe on him, especially since they only started doing it after the whole team found out. Oh, and Emi in this book was a mess.
    At fist I was like "huh, what rant?" then I see again my post, and wow, did I really write that long hahaha. It's fine, ranting is good for health. For me I think Glass has many good idea, but the execution is just suck. Every conclusion on that books were not satisfying at all, except Terminus Agenda for me.

And yes, that book trashed Emiko so much. Actually that book trashed 3 core member a.k.a Damian, Wallace, and Emiko but Wallace has Thawne and his mumbo jumbo retcon and at least Damian already has dedicated fanbase and we can ignore the book if we want to. But Emiko is still considered new character, and TT run portray her as someone who only follow the boys, at first Damian and then Wallace. Poor her..

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post

I blame Djinn and only Djinn. She's supposed to be an ancient wise being but decided to go alone with mind-wiping knowing it would backfire.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

You know it's kinda funny that the general consensus here seems to be that Emiko was fucked over by this run. I actually thought she was one of the few likable characters. I went from not giving the slightest of fucks to genuinely liking her lol

Djinn and Emiko are pretty much the only characters in Glass' TT that I like. I'd say Crush too but I'm always so...back and forth on her. At her best, she's a really good character. But at her worst, she's almost as annoying as Roundhouse.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-13-2020 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    You know it's kinda funny that the general consensus here seems to be that Emiko was fucked over by this run. I actually thought she was one of the few likable characters. I went from not giving the slightest of fucks to genuinely liking her lol

Djinn and Emiko are pretty much the only characters in Glass' TT that I like. I'd say Crush too but I'm always so...back and forth on her. At her best, she's a really good character. But at her worst, she's almost as annoying as Roundhouse.
    I can think of half a dozen better directions with Crush, some of which involve her interactions with Lobo, than what Glass did. Roundhouse, I can go either way on. Emiko may have "killed" Slade (who ends up alive in another book anyway), but she actually had decent character in the story. Even immediately distancing herself from the other Titans after shooting Slade. Djinn, some of the things do make you scratch your head. But overall, an interesting character (though the end of her arc was abrupt and unsatisfying). Damian, ugh. Wallace, just, why?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (even if a certain poster on here hates Jon/Super Sons); put Damian on a team with Maya, Colin, (kid) Jon, Kathy, Wally's kids, and perhaps a couple others. That way, while he gets along with most of them without having to "prove" himself, and the author can't use "no one would stand up to him" because most of them have and do without breaking their friendship with him.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I blame Djinn and only Djinn. She's supposed to be an ancient wise being but decided to go alone with mind-wiping knowing it would backfire.
    And blamed Damian for it despite her willingly participation. Then leaves the team; there by excluding herself from any fault, and cleaning up the mess she helped create. The ending to her story was awful, and I don't know why she gets a pass when it's talked about what better things could've came from, Glass. (Rhyming accidentally)

I always talk about Emiko because the change in her personality is very noticeable, compared to what it was before the run started. I did like her in some parts of TT, I just didn't like how they squandered her and all these other characters and their potential.

At first I liked Djinn, but then she became this helpless damsel in distress with no ability to think for herself, and I just saw her as a Raven wannabe.

They could have been written better, and I understand that everything changed because of 5G, but the comics just felt too rushed and off paced. Damian giving up Robin was the goal of this run from the outset, but the journey the team went on should have been better scripted than this.