Page 101 of 313 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    It is the most organic and the best written romance themed story that damian has ever been featured in.

Injustice 2 is 2nd.
    The Kara/Damian dynamic in Injustice is very entertaining and i hope Tom Taylor gives us more in Injustice 3 [if DC does a 3] but that wasn't a romance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    I'm not a fan of the pairing at all but it's incredible how popular it's become. You go to comments about the upcoming film and I see more talking about their relationship than the film itself. But to be fair to them the trailers have a lot of Damian and Raven in it.
    I'm also surprised by how popular that ship is.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I like DamianxRaven from the movies

In the comics
    IbnxMari
    DamianxDjinn
    DamianxLexi

fanon
    DamianxMaps
    Damian Kara

Honestly I like all his comic ships and most fanon ships.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-27-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Dick and Damian

https://twitter.com/ruri0824tby

Batman and Sons play baseball

https://twitter.com/bibyami

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Dick and Damian

https://twitter.com/ruri0824tby

Batman and Sons play baseball

https://twitter.com/bibyami
    ...Yeah, Damian did that on purpose.

Idc very much either who will be. I just want him to go into that phase xD

Waiting for the Apokolips War. Such an irony that the real earth will be in such a critical state as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    The oldest Damian ship is probably with Nightwing and Starfire's daughter Nightstar.

I always thought them together was a wee bit strange since wouldn't she be his niece. But i guess at the time the character was almost nothing like modern Damian is.

I like Djinn but I have a feeling they wouldn't have her end up with Damian cause Bat Office probably wouldn't want him having such a powerful magical girlfriend. Though I guess it depends who continues controlling Damian into the future.
    That's what caused the Kori/Babs fanbase split. Dick was controlled by Wolfman as long as New (Teen) Titans was running. The Bat office took him back in the mid 90s, and since then he's started having other girlfriends instead of Starfire (who is a flying brick with energy blasts and not the sort of person they want in the Bat family), with Barbara as his most frequent one. You're right, the Bat office won't want Djinn. Is Teen Titans a Superman office book? During Rebirth it did have a crossover with Super Sons.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's what caused the Kori/Babs fanbase split. Dick was controlled by Wolfman as long as New (Teen) Titans was running. The Bat office took him back in the mid 90s, and since then he's started having other girlfriends instead of Starfire (who is a flying brick with energy blasts and not the sort of person they want in the Bat family), with Barbara as his most frequent one. You're right, the Bat office won't want Djinn. Is Teen Titans a Superman office book? During Rebirth it did have a crossover with Super Sons.
    Oof. Just thought of Jason and Artemis over in Red Hood. Doubt the Bat office would want her around too, outside of Lobdell and the few in the office that like that whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I'm sure TT has it's own editorial office. It's not under the Bat Office.

Wonder why the Bat office is opposed to such relationships?
    I mean if it's doing well with the fanbase then what's the issue?
    Dick and Babs, Bruce and Selina, Tim and Steph. Are they trying to restrict it to Batverse characters?
    Their powers don't have to affect the stories.

While it hasn't appeared in any actual DC content, I about feel obligated (though not a fan by any means) to throw in the Damian and and Marinette thing that has really taken off in fanfics lately. Probably half the ones on I comes across on AO3 are that pairing. And I'm not even looking for Damian or Marinette.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    While it hasn't appeared in any actual DC content, I about feel obligated (though not a fan by any means) to throw in the Damian and and Marinette thing that has really taken off in fanfics lately. Probably half the ones on I comes across on AO3 are that pairing. And I'm not even looking for Damian or Marinette.
    Oh god tell me about it. Not only on AO3, even on tumblr this pairing is insanely popular. And I still don't understand how and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    Oh god tell me about it. Not only on AO3, even on tumblr this pairing is insanely popular. And I still don't understand how and why.
    On a semi-related note; I came across a Damian fanfic where he, with Maya and Goliath, are working on redeeming him, when they run into Ladybug and Cat Noir. No shipping on Damian's part, just Damian and Maya "helping" the two less experienced heroes out. After intruding on their secret identities, kidnapping them, and testing their non-hero abilities. Even if you don't know too much about Ladybug and Cat Noir, its a fun little read so far.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13515732/1/We-re-the-Same

Damian and Marinette is one of the weirdest, most random ships that I've ever seen get any traction. But damn do some fanfic writers do an awesome job of making them look like they'd be a good match for each other XD

Funny enough, I had someone in a discord group that I'm in talk about shipping him with Homura Akemi (who shares a voice actress with Marinette). And like...yeah he said it jokingly but if those two characters existed in the same universe/series/whatever, I could actually see it lol

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I'm sure TT has it's own editorial office. It's not under the Bat Office.

Wonder why the Bat office is opposed to such relationships?
    I mean if it's doing well with the fanbase then what's the issue?
    Dick and Babs, Bruce and Selina, Tim and Steph. Are they trying to restrict it to Batverse characters?
    Their powers don't have to affect the stories.
    The 90s Titans writer was planning for Kori and Dick to wed, Wolfman-approved, but then he found a different job and left.
    At that time, BTAS is super popular, where they also started DickBabs
    Batman's popularity was rising, starting with TDKR and Batman 89, and steadily continue with all the movies and TV, while Titans sales were going down the drain, so they want Dick back in the fold.
    So Wolfman was asked to finish off Dick and Kori and shipped Dick back to the Batman Family, where it's more profitable, and maybe start a relationship that's gaining traction in their more popular media.

So at first, things just fell into place. At first.

Years later though, with Dick and Babs firmly established in and out of comics, they started to redefine Dick's relationship with Kori, saying things like he doesn't really love her.

But the Teen Titans cartoon happen and reignite or begin a new batch of Dick Kori shippers

But by this point, Dick and Kori haven't been dating for more than 10 years I think, Dick and Babs are established in comics, Dick is established as a street hero, Batman family titles remain popular but Titans never got to the popularity and sales they had in the NTT days...

So there's no incentive for higherups to let Dick and Kori back together in Titans when they can't keep that book floating... or don't want to because they view Titans unnecessary group in between Justice League and Teen Titans.

Batman family is more profitable, they personally like it, the DickBabs pairing is known to the world, the Teen Titans show popularity doesn't translate to comic... bringing back Kori as Dick's lover again means involving her in the Batman Family or his street level series if they want to make sense, and it will change all the image they've built for 10 years at least. It's easier to just keep her away and continue with what they already have.

At the very least though, they don't dare marrying Dick off because, on top of making him older, they know there are tons of fans of both pairings.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-28-2020 at 11:42 AM.