Page 163 of 313 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173213263 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 4692
    Astonishing Member

As far as I remember, Bendis said that Damian was supposed to play a big role in Checkmate, alongside Talia.
    Maybe that major change is his dissapperance after annual. And after that they don't want to show him until right time. In fact, this is a very interesting point regarding future plans in principle. It was announced, that Checkmate "rescheduled to align with upcoming DC Universe storylines."
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-26-2020 at 04:28 AM.

bendis powers have been cut back which is why Checkmate plans have been scaled back.
    AT&T are getting rid of duds and stripping WB. The changes are to do with that nothing to do with Robin.
    The gaming division is on the chopping block. There's speculation that comics will be next but I doubt it. A company like AT&t needs the material that Dc provides.

Right now there's so much going on and so much changing that it's hard to even tell what's going on. There's so much going on. If the animation department is really coming in to run the comics as announced then nothing up till now matters.
    Last edited by dietrich; 06-26-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    bendis powers have been cut back which is why Checkmate plans have been scaled back.
    AT&T are getting rid of duds and stripping WB. The changes are to do with that nothing to do with Robin.
    The gaming division is on the chopping block. There's speculation that comics will be next but I doubt it. A company like AT&t needs the material that Dc provides.

Right now there's so much going on and so much changing that it's hard to even tell what's going on. There's so much going on. If the animation department is really coming in to run the comics as announced then nothing up till now matters.

If the people who control DC animation is coming in to run the comics that would be great to me. Has anyone else seen the new Superman trailer? Also Tomasi has been having a lot of control over animated features for DC Comics when it comes to Superman. So Supersons could come back. Also other writers like Gail Simone and Marguerite Scott are involved with the animated Wonder Woman movies. So I wouldn't mind it at all you would have a diverse group of talented creators who have written great works for DC and have a great understanding of the universe and its characters. I really wouldn't mind this at all.

One person should not be the architect of the DC Universe. Bendis was able to do that at Marvel because he was a big name and he had a plan at Marvel and no one was there to take control from him. At DC I feel like a lot of writers have a idea of where DC should be going but Bendis was given control because DC wanted to show they got him. However, Bendis's idea of where the DCU should be going doesn't really fit DC. It feels hollow because it took away so many aspects that I think made the Rebirth era of DC rather successful.
    Last edited by shadow6743; 06-26-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post

I never said Checkmate only got postponed because of Damian, there were a lot of plans that got changed that would lead to whatever Bendis had planned not working out with the rest of the DC universe anymore.
    I just meant that Damian might be one of the changes. There are rumors the bat-office wants to get back control over characters they gave to other writers or departments.
    We know Damian was supposed to play a big role in Checkmate, but we also know from Tynion that Damian is now set to appear in the batman titles again at some point. Letting the Batman writers decide what to do with Batman's son instead of letting him be controlled by Bendis makes sense.

Astonishing Member

The point is that plans incredibly changed. Bendis was among writers who worked on 5G, Checkmate had some strong connection to it, I'm sure of that. But we all know what happened. Speaking of Damian, it’s clear that he’s not the main reason, but he’s obviously just one of those factors why Checkmate will have to be redone at least, because there was clearly a completely different direction. Just like, for example, Green Arrow, who also had a big role there and probably will have different storyline in the future, than originally planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    The point is that plans incredibly changed. Bendis was among writers who worked on 5G, Checkmate had some strong connection to it, I'm sure of that. But we all know what happened. Speaking of Damian, it’s clear that he’s not the main reason, but he’s obviously just one of those factors why Checkmate will have to be redone at least, because there was clearly a completely different direction. Just like, for example, Green Arrow, who also had a big role there and probably will have different storyline in the future, than originally planned.
    Exactly. I only talked about how this might impact Damian because this is the Damian appreciation thread, but characters like Green Arrow might be impacted too.

And plans for Damian have changed enough that DC felt the need to insert a new arc before Damian goes missing after the annual. I assume he was already supposed to go missing after April and the solicitation with Damian still as Robin fighting KGBeast was already part of the changed plans.
    If DC handn't changed plans the annual would have come out mid July, but now it comes out at the end of August. Why exactly DC decided to have Damian go missing later than originally planned I don't know. But I assume it's so him going missing aligns better with where and when he's supposed to show up next.

wasn't it announced a while back that Tim will be returning to the Bat books along with Steph. I think that Tynion is going to try to push Tim as the new side kick just like he did when he was on Rebirth Tec

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    wasn't it announced a while back that Tim will be returning to the Bat books along with Steph. I think that Tynion is going to try to push Tim as the new side kick just like he did when he was on Rebirth Tec
    The new old side kick? To perpetuate him as the stagnate Robin? Hmmm I bet they renig on Tim and let step have the role or duke or cass or his son Damian just to have a little diversity

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    The new old side kick? To perpetuate him as the stagnate Robin? Hmmm I bet they renig on Tim and let step have the role or duke or cass or his son Damian just to have a little diversity
    I am probably one of few people who don't want Duke to become Robin after Damian. Not that I hate him as Robin, but on this continuity, as far as I know he already declared out loud that he's not Robin 3 times, on Robin War, on Bat-Burger, and when Alfred announced Selina-Bruce engagement. Unlike Dick, Tim, Steph, even Jason and Damian who on their first time saw Robin title as something amazing, he already know what kind of crazy, fucked up will happen on Robin. Him willingly become Robin just like a stupid person who willingly jump into the abyss. But who knows? Perhaps after Damian is missing his heroic sense will take Robin title to safe whoever innocent kid Bruce adopts next XD XD After all, like dietrich said Duke once supposed to be Damian's replacement if his death on Batman Incorporated became permanent.

Cass? I don't think she will be Robin, she's too skilled to be Batman's sidekick. I can see Steph become Robin again, but after what happened on her time as Robin, I don't think she will take that title again willingly.
    Sad thing to say (because I want Tim to have new cool independent identity which is not DRAKE), but if Batman doesn't adopt another child and choose someone from his family to be Robin after Damian, for me the most possible person is Tim. His independent identity doesn't get good response from fans, he's still called Robin on some occasion on YJ, BTAS have Tim as Robin and that book quite popular, and the writer of next Batman era is Tynion, one of Tim's biggest fan. Tynion will have excuse to write more Tim than any Batfam member if Tim become Robin.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 06-27-2020 at 10:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

It would be great. Tynion wrote excellent Detective Comics stories with Tim, so, I would like to see him back with Stephanie. And Damian won't be Robin anyway. They can put him in Detective Comics, by the way, since Tomasi is writing it right now. If he will stay, of course.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 06-27-2020 at 12:23 PM.

Ah, Tim. The "Ash Ketchum" of DC Comics.

Fantastic Member

Am I the only one who thinks they should have kept Tim as Red Robin and given him a solo series again? Like that is one of the few times I truly understood why Tim matters to the Batman lore. Now Tim and the other characters of his generation live through 90s nostalgia unable to advance or do anything new.

Instead of Tim being in Young Justice they should make him the lead of Dectective Comics. But that's just me I am happy for the people who are enjoying Young Justice.

As someone who was REALLY looking forward to Bendis' Young Justice when I first heard about it, I'd have rather we got a Tim and Steph series instead of what we have now. Young Justice is just...such a bore. And Tim's new codename is dumb. I'd have rather seen him stay with his Tec team as Red Robin than this.

As for Damian, it pains me to say this because I think a team book with him in it could really work but he's struck out twice now and just needs to be by himself for a bit or with Dick when he comes back. I havent hated either Titan series that Damian's been a part of (in fact, I was kinda enjoying Percy's run) but both of them have been kinda "...meh" in terms of quality and the likability of the teams. Glass' run was technically better written and seemed to have more of...a point. But the only characters I've come to care about are Damian and Djinn. And they're both gone or on their way out. Crush is alright. Emiko grew on me but not enough. Wallace isn't nearly as grating as he was in Percy's run but I still don't like him. And Roundhouse....yeah so anyway. This ain't a solid enough team to keep me reading once Damian's gone. If all of them got put on a bus, you wouldn't hear me complain.

I dont know where DC is going with Damian now. But if his characterization in the current Teen Titans run is anything to go by, I dont know if I'm gonna like it. I'd prefer he become Dick's partner again instead of Bruce's and be a regular on Nightwing for a while. But that's definitely not happening. So I don't know what to do with him.
    Last edited by Blue22; 06-27-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    As someone who was REALLY looking forward to Bendis' Young Justice when I first heard about it, I'd have rather we got a Tim and Steph series instead of what we have now. Young Justice is just...such a bore. And Tim's new codename is dumb. I'd have rather seen him stay with his Tec team as Red Robin than this.

As for Damian, it pains me to say this because I think a team book with him in it could really work but he's struck out twice now and just needs to be by himself for a bit or with Dick when he comes back. I havent hated either Titan series that Damian's been a part of (in fact, I was kinda enjoying Percy's run) but both of them have been kinda "...meh" in terms of quality and the likability of the teams. Glass' run was technically better written and seemed to have more of...a point. But the only characters I've come to care about are Damian and Djinn. And they're both gone or on their way out. Crush is alright. Emiko grew on me but not enough. Wallace isn't nearly as grating as he was in Percy's run but I still don't like him. And Roundhouse....yeah so anyway. This ain't a solid enough team to keep me reading once Damian's gone. If all of them got put on a bus, you wouldn't hear me complain.

I dont know where DC is going with Damian now. But if his characterization in the current Teen Titans run is anything to go by, I dont know if I'm gonna like it. I'd prefer he become Dick's partner again instead of Bruce's and be a regular on Nightwing for a while. But that's definitely not happening. So I don't know what to do with him.
    I've enjoyed Bendis's YJ (probably the best thing he's written in years) and like the story's direction, but the roster is overcrowded(the YJ cartoon also suffers from this problem).

The only character I've come to slightly care about from the current roster is Roundhouse. Didn't care for Djin or Crush(the most recent issue was the first time I thought she was likable) and grew to dislike Emiko. Wallace's problem is that writers want him to be the team's conscience, but won't let him put his foot down when everyone's crossing the line.

Damian should be Dick's partner or on a team where he isn't the leader(self proclaimed or otherwise). I feel like he's either headed for a heel turn or being a solo act for a while. i'd like to see Damian interact with his dad more, but current Batman is not a good parental figure at all(he hasn't been one in years, but he's reached a new low in the past three to five years).
    Last edited by king81992; 06-27-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Fantastic Member

I wouldn't mind at all if Damian left the Teen Titans book for a while. It means other characters can get more development. I know this is the Damian Wayne appreciation forum but I don't read Teen Titans for Damian I read it for Teen Titans. One of the major problems with Percy's run is that he focused so much on Damian that other characters were neglected in terms of development. Glass' used Damian in his run but he is not the total focus other members had interesting arcs that kept me interested and I will be continuing to read once Damian is gone. To be honest every Robin has left the Teen Titans at one point or another and came back so this is just part of the course of reading Teen Titans for me.