Page 55 of 313 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Poor Damian needs a break. That kid has gone through so much within the last year; Alfred dying, Dick losing his memory, Jon aging up and leaving Earth to the future, Bruce being negligent. His entire support system has been taken away. I wonder what this whole 5g crap has in store for him. Maybe he takes a break and goes off to boarding school or something. I'm so annoyed.

I did want Damian to eventually move on from Robin...but not like this. Not in this already poorly handled and vague conflict he and Bruce have had going on for the past three or so years.

I hope he at least quit and that Bruce didn't fire him. Cuz if it's the latter, Bruce has A LOT of fucking nerve!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I did want Damian to eventually move on from Robin...but not like this. Not in this already poorly handled and vague conflict he and Bruce have had going on for the past three or so years.

I hope he at least quit and that Bruce didn't fire him. Cuz if it's the latter, Bruce has A LOT of fucking nerve!
    "How dare you copy all the **** I've done for the last few years"

batman beyond 44 damian wayne terry.jpg

BATMAN BEYOND #44
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SEAN CHEN
    cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Batman brings a wounded Damian Wayne to base, only to discover that Damian has been dethroned as leader of the League of Assassins and left for dead by a former acolyte of Ra’s Al Ghul’s called Mr. Zero! Batman, Bruce, and Damian will have to join forces to stop Mr. Zero from eradicating humanity!

Robin special creative teams named: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...r-spectacular/

These two are definitely Damian. Super Sons and Teen Titans respectively.

Peter J. Tomasi and Jorge Jimenez
    Robbie Thompson and Ramon Villalobos
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

I don't know what Dick Grayson fans would think of this, he has gone through a lot too, but I wouldn't mind it if Dick had a "I abandoned my boy" moment and the whole "When your Dad came back, there was a moment I thought it would be better fo you if you stayed with me. As my partner. As my..." situation came full circle.
    I don't mean this in a "Dick puts everything aside to help Damian" way but more in a "they both help each other recover after a really crappy time" way.

Better than DC using them for shock value or drama in Joker War, Death Metal or 5G.
    If they make Damian a villain for 5G I'm going to be mad. I'm tired of this boring idea.

Alfred RIP was really bad. I work with 'At risk kids and family who need early help so this was a tough read. Some topics shouldn't just be tossed in for added angst.
    Someone should have said something to Damian. Someone should have told Jason what really happened when he said that Damian didn't listen.
    More importantly I'm so sick of writer using characters as devices and twisting them to suit the narrative they want to write.

Jason wouldn't imply that it was Damian's fault. He's knows better and sin't so careless with his words.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Alfred RIP was really bad. I work with 'At risk kids and family who need early help so this was a tough read. Some topics shouldn't just be tossed in for added angst.
    Someone should have said something to Damian. Someone should have told Jason what really happened when he said that Damian didn't listen.
    More importantly I'm so sick of writer using characters as devices and twisting them to suit the narrative they want to write.

Jason wouldn't imply that it was Damian's fault. He's knows better and sin't so careless with his words.
    I disagree.
    Jason wasn't involved in the plan, he didn't know better and accusing Damian made sense. Jason can be very judgemental. Nobody correcting him was weird.
    Anyone besides Bruce going after Damian would have been pointless because he wouldn't have listened. It had to be Bruce, but Bruce not doing anything when Damian is in pain is sadly very much in character for current Bruce. Which is why Barbara called him out for it. I see this as Tynion and Tomasi adressing a lot of the things that have been wrong with Rebirth Bruce in general. We as readers might have felt like Bruce was being terrible to his family for months now, but King obviously didn't see a problem with this and now Tomasi and Tynion chose to confront this problem instead of ignoring it or pretending it doesn't exist.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Batman Tales out 4 days ago but I need a story I actually want to read

bc516a44b21ab2900a70a4a474697749._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Robin special creative teams named: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2020/02...r-spectacular/

These two are definitely Damian. Super Sons and Teen Titans respectively.

Peter J. Tomasi and Jorge Jimenez
    Robbie Thompson and Ramon Villalobos
    I am happy to see that is not only SS.. It seems that I will be able to enjoy Damian. Thanks TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post

TEEN TITANS #42
    written by ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    If there’s no more Robin and no more Mercy Hall, does that mean no more Teen Titans? With the team in tatters after their encounter with Batman, the remaining Teen Titans attempt to pick up the pieces of their lives. Is this the end of the team?
    ON SALE 05.20.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    GOODBYE MERCY HALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I disagree.
    Jason wasn't involved in the plan, he didn't know better and accusing Damian made sense. Jason can be very judgemental. Nobody correcting him was weird.
    Anyone besides Bruce going after Damian would have been pointless because he wouldn't have listened. It had to be Bruce, but Bruce not doing anything when Damian is in pain is sadly very much in character for current Bruce. Which is why Barbara called him out for it. I see this as Tynion and Tomasi adressing a lot of the things that have been wrong with Rebirth Bruce in general. We as readers might have felt like Bruce was being terrible to his family for months now, but King obviously didn't see a problem with this and now Tomasi and Tynion chose to confront this problem instead of ignoring it or pretending it doesn't exist.
    I'm aware Jason didn't know that Damian was sent by Bruce. I'm saying that making the comment he made. Putting the Blame on Damian in that moment is something he wouldn't do. it's something you just don't do in such situations when emotions are running high and the teen was already blaming himself.

Jason is more sensitive than that.

They all behaved badly. Bruce was just the worst.

The thing is confronting the issue means nothing if DC doesn't back it up and have Bruce make changes. This isn't the 1st time they've confronted him.

Honestly these confrontations that led nowhere are harmful since it handswave's what's actually a serious subject.

Bruce has done some shady things to his family. That's become almost the norm but it wasn't always the case.

Not to mention that Bruce's actions are decided by the writer. The writer's should be the ones called out since the onus is on them. not to mention that some of his abusive behaviour is also written to further the narrative of other characters.
    Tomasi and Tynion have also written their share of Abusive Bruce.
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-15-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    batman beyond 44 damian wayne terry.jpg

BATMAN BEYOND #44
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SEAN CHEN
    cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    Batman brings a wounded Damian Wayne to base, only to discover that Damian has been dethroned as leader of the League of Assassins and left for dead by a former acolyte of Ra’s Al Ghul’s called Mr. Zero! Batman, Bruce, and Damian will have to join forces to stop Mr. Zero from eradicating humanity!
    I take it some didn't like Damian changing the LOA into a more heroic cult then?

I wonder if Damian will be gone for an issue of Teen Titans before coming back with a new identity? I'd be suprised if Teen Titans continued without a Robin for long. So I expect Damian will return before the current iteration of the team winds up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I wonder if Damian will be gone for an issue of Teen Titans before coming back with a new identity? I'd be suprised if Teen Titans continued without a Robin for long. So I expect Damian will return before the current iteration of the team winds up.
    Maybe he'll come back as...."Wayne"?

In all seriousness though, I don't appreciate how they've handled Damian since mid 2018.

Do we know what kinda age Damian will probably be after the 5G age ups?

Will he be like 18 -19?