Page 33 of 313 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    And after they reopened it with apparently no changes to the facility Bruce sent every single one of his children to the murder place.
    This is why you need editors. To prevent your heroes from looking like villains on accident.
    At this point, I'm convinced that the DC editors are sanctioning this sketchy stuff and don't care how the heroes are portrayed.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    All the members of the Trinity were bad in Heroes In Crisis. They set up a psychiatric facility with no professional supervision.
    Oh, that's the general stupidity. I thought there's something more specific. Something like that is wrong on the base story concept, so I don't know if I can count it.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian has no problems working with age mates, making friends. Supersons played up the parodies of their dads for comedy.

His past and stories show this over and over
    Streets of Gotham
    Gotham Academy
    Robin Son of Batman
    batman and Robin Annual [short interactions with characters his own age]

Are some examples that show that this isn't the case and never was.

He has poor social skills and is emotionally stunned kinda but he's never had issues dealing with characters his age under various writers.

Damian on the Jsa would be like in No Justice, Metal, Leviathan, Batman, GA, Deathstroke. That is when he's need to prove himself kicks in some adults aren't sensitive enough to see through to the insecurities that drive it. Others aren't patient enough or lack the skills to effectively get past this.

Lol His complexies aren't anything to do with Batman or his father. It's a conditioned behaviour from his LOA upbringing. Everything is earned including your right to life [TT showed that every step up the ladder you have to do so by defeating and drinking the blood of the one whose place you take], You have to prove your worth there's such thing as conditional love, information or any advantage is fought and paid for in blood like it took him years of fighting his mum every Birthday to learn who his dad was.
    Damian has had it drilled into him that he has to be better, perfect, never fail or disappoint else he would be replaced by the numerous clones of him. His mum did just that with Heretic and killed him. This was after disowning him and putting a bounty on his head and hijacking his body to kill Grayson.

If his problem was simply his father's shadow then Damian wouldn't be as messed up or have have the issues/insecurities he has.

Sometimes attitudes are a mask for severe emotional abuse. Sometimes they are symptoms of or coping/conditioned behaviour due to lord know what in past experiences.

Well adjusted confident people with healthy balanced hormone levels rarely have cop an attitude.
    You know that is equally a valid opinion, especially since I do agree a lot of it comes from his upbringing. I think a case can be said that it does depend on the writer to see how good Damian is at dealing with people, as I really liked his Solo series run and super sons.

Either way I kind of just hope that with the annual and 5G coming up that Damian is still doing good, either on a team or even on his own.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian has no problems working with age mates, making friends. Supersons played up the parodies of their dads for comedy.

His past and stories show this over and over
    Streets of Gotham
    Gotham Academy
    Robin Son of Batman
    batman and Robin Annual [short interactions with characters his own age]

Are some examples that show that this isn't the case and never was.

He has poor social skills and is emotionally stunned kinda but he's never had issues dealing with characters his age under various writers.

Damian on the Jsa would be like in No Justice, Metal, Leviathan, Batman, GA, Deathstroke. That is when he's need to prove himself kicks in some adults aren't sensitive enough to see through to the insecurities that drive it. Others aren't patient enough or lack the skills to effectively get past this.

Lol His complexies aren't anything to do with Batman or his father. It's a conditioned behaviour from his LOA upbringing. Everything is earned including your right to life [TT showed that every step up the ladder you have to do so by defeating and drinking the blood of the one whose place you take], You have to prove your worth there's such thing as conditional love, information or any advantage is fought and paid for in blood like it took him years of fighting his mum every Birthday to learn who his dad was.
    Damian has had it drilled into him that he has to be better, perfect, never fail or disappoint else he would be replaced by the numerous clones of him. His mum did just that with Heretic and killed him. This was after disowning him and putting a bounty on his head and hijacking his body to kill Grayson.

If his problem was simply his father's shadow then Damian wouldn't be as messed up or have have the issues/insecurities he has.

Sometimes attitudes are a mask for severe emotional abuse. Sometimes they are symptoms of or coping/conditioned behaviour due to lord know what in past experiences.

Well adjusted confident people with healthy balanced hormone levels rarely have cop an attitude.
    It truly astounds me when us as fans and readers can understand a character better than the people responsible for their progression in a story. It's true that Damian is hard to get to get close to, but after everything he's been through you also wouldn't be all Sunshine and Roses (and this was before he went to Gotham). Most people who do get to know him begin to understand him for who he really is, unlike the people who write him - who just go off their perspective of the character.

I just want DC to get a writer who understands the character, his flaws and his shortcomings - and can progressively work to remedy the emotional damage he sustained for years, instead of just ignoring the fact that he'd been raised in hell on earth.

Some writers just ignore this and go - "Oh he's Damian, the brat who's always mean and wants to show off."

But I guess with the direction DC are pushing him in, I can understand why my wishes won't come true. Doesn't mean I have to like it though, they've really screwed him over.
    Last edited by Shen; 01-18-2020 at 07:33 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Honestly it seems that there is really something big coming for Damian. Too many hints in too many books for April to be just one more month were he's acting unsupervised.
    Actually I don't think any other books in April are connected to this at all.
    Teen Titans #41 is still about the Djinn war, something that isn't mentioned in any other book.
    The annual comes out in the last week of the month and all the other bat-books come out before that. It sounds more like Joker will capture Ric in Nightwing #71 and Batman #93/Detective Comics #1022 will deal with it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know that is equally a valid opinion, especially since I do agree a lot of it comes from his upbringing. I think a case can be said that it does depend on the writer to see how good Damian is at dealing with people, as I really liked his Solo series run and super sons.

Either way I kind of just hope that with the annual and 5G coming up that Damian is still doing good, either on a team or even on his own.
    My hope is that Damian continues to be a hero, no matter what happens in the annual.

My fear is that it's a terrible excuse for a very black and white Damian going rogue story. Even though Damian already realised that his actions in Teen Titans have been wrong last issue and making him a villain/rogue/whatever will reset him again, a developement we are all familiar with and annoyed by.

Mosameen

I think if it's gonna change DCU. Then it'll be about Bruce quitting being Batman and refusing that Damain continue to be a superhero/Robin and Damian agree that they should be a normal family. Which Damian could agree to and quit being Robin or refuse and choose to take another identity since if there is no Batman then there is no Robin.

Incredible Member

"Something" changing the dc universe forever is in almost every single solicitation these days, so I wouldn't think too much about that sentence alone.

With "hero" it's really more about staying a good person for me, not necessarily staying a vigilante.
    If Bruce decides to quit it would have to happen in the Batman book. I don't think they would do something as important as that in Teen Titans. But since Batman is coming out before Teen Titans and they tease something terrible happening...it's not impossible.

Ya, it’s probably preparation for 5g. Get him out of the way for Luke, maybe even turn him into an antagonist. Batman Beyond like.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 01-18-2020 at 10:19 AM.

Mosameen

My main issue with DC that after alfred death if they want Bruce to retire they could made him retire to an Alfred like rule for Dick Batman.
    I know he wants to retire because he wants to have a normal family but still I'd have enjoyed that.
    Last edited by Mosameen; 01-18-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosameen View Post
    My main issue with DC that after alfred death if they want Bruce to retire they could made him retire to an Alfred like rule for Dick Batman.
    I know he wants to retire because he wants to have a normal family but still I'd have enjoyed that.
    I don't recall DC confirming that Bruce wanting a normal family is the reason for his retirement. It was an idea by fans, mostly batcat fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, that's the general stupidity. I thought there's something more specific. Something like that is wrong on the base story concept, so I don't know if I can count it.
    Bruce being one of the trio behind the sanctuary yet it never occurred to him that almost all his kids would benefit from sessions there is a major fail. he knows that at the very least Jason and Damian have major issues [he knew Damian had nightmares for a long time after he came back] not just from dying but fromthe environment they grew up in. Cass as well

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    "Something" changing the dc universe forever is in almost every single solicitation these days, so I wouldn't think too much about that sentence alone.

With "hero" it's really more about staying a good person for me, not necessarily staying a vigilante.
    If Bruce decides to quit it would have to happen in the Batman book. I don't think they would do something as important as that in Teen Titans. But since Batman is coming out before Teen Titans and they tease something terrible happening...it's not impossible.
    The change is 5g, new timeline and the fallout from the upcoming Death Metal so the DCU is about to change as a whole.
    The batfamily is also having a mini crossover

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    The change is 5g, new timeline and the fallout from the upcoming Death Metal so the DCU is about to change as a whole.
    The batfamily is also having a mini crossover
    Yeah, I'm aware, but they write that in almost every solicitation. So even if change is coming, that sentence means nothing for single issues.

Mosameen

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I don't recall DC confirming that Bruce wanting a normal family is the reason for his retirement. It was an idea by fans, mostly batcat fans.
    I'm not talking about BatCat but the whole city of Bane was about Thomas wanting to give Bruce a lesson that the life he leads isn't good one. So, if he is retiring it better be because he realized his mistakes and wants to lead a normal life after rebuilding Gotham.