Page 40 of 313 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The same can be said for Roundhouse, but it looks like he already found a new home.
    Roundhouse the new beastboy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Is Damian allergic to these flowers?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Is Damian allergic to these flowers?
    They're Ivy's flowers. Given to him as a peace offering at the urging of Selina.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I think its almost a certainty that they kiss at this point. Probably when Damian finally frees her from her prison. I have a feeling it will be bittersweet though since Djinn is quite likely to be the titan who dies. Which is a bummer since she is my favorite of the new creations.
    You really think it's going to her and not RH? I hope she doesn't die. She has the most story potential out of the new guys.

I don't mind D and D sharing a kiss. Initially was keen on Crush and Djinn but the writing ruined it. I'm not a fan of how Crush loses it when it comes to Djinn

You really think it's going to her and not RH? I hope she doesn't die. She has the most story potential out of the new guys.

I don't mind D and D sharing a kiss. Initially was keen on Crush and Djinn but the writing ruined it. I'm not a fan of how Crush loses it when it comes to Djinn
    Besides, Crush has plenty to deal with, like having Lobo as her biological father (which does raise the question of whom her mother was).

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

You really think it's going to her and not RH? I hope she doesn't die.
    RH has already "died" once, and was the traitor. Going with again is too much of a safe bet, and won't have any impact at all on the story since most fans don't care about him.

But the solicitation says "one won't make it back" so it might not actually mean death. Maybe she traps herself and Elias somewhere.
    Last edited by Grandmaster_J; 01-22-2020 at 08:19 PM.

Incredible Member

20200123_064909.jpg

Am I the only one who sometimes reads a Batman comic and thinks: "Damian would get so much **** both inside and outside the story for this if he was to one doing it."

Incredible Member

Seriously, the only reason she didn't die is because Bruce was the one who let her get hit by the truck.
    Last edited by Ansa; 01-22-2020 at 11:09 PM.

TEEN TITANS #41
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA and JULIO FERREIRA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    At the gates of heaven itself, the Teen Titans must battle Djinn’s older brother Elias with the fate of the world hanging in the balance! But victory comes at a terrible cost—because one of the Teen Titans won’t be making it back!
    ON SALE 04.15.20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | DC
    This issue will ship with two covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    Y'know Grandmaster_J has a point, I don't think someone will die either. It just says one of the Titans won't be making it back, maybe Djinn or someone traps Elias with them. As for the ultimate price, it could be their freedom. It's pretty open ended.
    Last edited by Shen; 01-23-2020 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post

Am I the only one who sometimes reads a Batman comic and thinks: "Damian would get so much **** both inside and outside the story for this if he was to one doing it."
    Nope, But he's an adult so he knows better - apparently. Like dressing up your partner in bright red, green and yellow colors is safe and doesn't draw any gunfire at all

That's unfortunately how things are.
    Last edited by Shen; 01-23-2020 at 04:48 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shen View Post
    Y'know Grandmaster_J has a point, I don't think someone will die either. It just says one of the Titans won't be making it back, maybe Djinn or someone traps Elias with them. As for the ultimate price, it could be their freedom. It's pretty open ended.
    Yeah, based on this alone I'm also not convinced that someone has to die or that it has to be Djinn. Someone came up with the idea that the annual might take place before they go to save Djinn. That would even open up the possibilty of Damian not coming back. I hope things will be a bit clearer when we get the solicitations for May.

Incredible Member

Nope, But he's an adult so he knows better - apparently. Like dressing up your partner in bright red, green and yellow colors is safe and doesn't draw any gunfire at all

That's unfortunately how things are.
    That's not even really my problem, it's more that "Character X is too violent and doesn't have enough empathy" gets thrown around a lot in every discussion about who might take over the mantle one day (which isn't ever going to be permanent, but okay) and I look at modern Batman and wonder where his famous empathy or his will to avoid cruelty has gone.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Besides, Crush has plenty to deal with, like having Lobo as her biological father (which does raise the question of whom her mother was).
    Lobo doesn’t care

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    That's not even really my problem, it's more that "Character X is too violent and doesn't have enough empathy" gets thrown around a lot in every discussion about who might take over the mantle one day (which isn't ever going to be permanent, but okay) and I look at modern Batman and wonder where his famous empathy or his will to avoid cruelty has gone.
    I know right? He has some moments that leave me going WTF? Remember what he did to KGBeast? Although Bruce's argument to this problem is that he wants "Character X" to be better than him, to not make the same mistakes he continues to make.

But that's all bull when you consider the fact that the man who Damian aspires to be like has done some savage things - Why shouldn't Damian follow his example?

Incredible Member

I know right? He has some moments that leave me going WTF? Remember what he did to KGBeast? Although Bruce's argument to this problem is that he wants "Character X" to be better than him, to not make the same mistakes he continues to make.

But that's all bull when you consider the fact that the man who Damian aspires to be like has done some savage things - Why shouldn't Damian follow his example?
    "Do as I say, not as I do" is certainly not a good way to lead or to raise a child.