Page 108 of 313 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 4692

Quote Originally Posted by Astralabius View Post
    I will be honest here, Damian wanting to become a hero despite being raised to be a villain and proving that you can achieve that goal in DC got me interested in the character, so turning him into a version of Morrison's Red Hood (or something along those lines) would probably kill my interest. So no, I'm not going to make my peace with that, I'm simply going to stop buying and reading his character.

I also have a problem with "he breaks with Batman because his methods are ineffective" not because he doesn't have a point, but because we all know no matter what Damian does, he's not going to improve anything by choosing a different path. Crime isn't allowed to improve in Gotham and especially not because of something a character other than Bruce did. No matter what Damian does, he's going to fail and he's going to look bad while doing it.
    Just to throw this out there; Judd Winick did it in Under the Red Hood with Jason's return. But since then, can't really say.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Man, what have I started... nice joke, but of course you know I meant nobody, not Nobody. Maya's not even in the book. Only reason it was capitalised is because it was at the start of a sentence.
    No need to be bashful. Nobody deserves to be recognized! Nobody should be honored!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    No need to be bashful. Nobody deserves to be recognized! Nobody should be honored!
    Side note on nobody she didn't disappear. She is on a team with Boyzarro, Robzorro, and Kathy in the Terrifics. I heard she is doing some cool things in multiverse. Will probably add Terrifics to my reading list my sister told me it was really good.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    Side note on nobody she didn't disappear. She is on a team with Boyzarro, Robzorro, and Kathy in the Terrifics. I heard she is doing some cool things in multiverse. Will probably add Terrifics to my reading list my sister told me it was really good.
    I'm still waiting for Damian's meeting with Robzarro XD

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I really want to see that too.

I can already imagine his eyebrow twitching at Robzarro trying to woo Maya, Kathy, Djinn, and probably most other people too.

Just to throw this out there; Judd Winick did it in Under the Red Hood with Jason's return. But since then, can't really say.
    Yeah, look how long that worked. Even if DC allows it for one book, you can be sure it'll fall under the table soon after.
    In the end the story opened up the possibility to turn Jason into a crazy murderer for a few years before DC decided to tone him down again and since then people have argued over who Jason really is and if he can be forgiven.
    That's not what Damian needs. I also doubt fans would be so forgiving if Damian tried to blow up Bruce and Dick or started decapitating criminals again. That's similar to where he started, not where he should go. I know enough people who already hated the prison arc and have since then stopped reading Teen Titans. No one I know is excited about the possibility of Damian going down this road even further.
    Last edited by Astralabius; 04-08-2020 at 12:11 AM.

It doesn't list Damian specifically, but I'm afraid it's not unlikely that Dick is going to fight him in Nightwing #73 because Dick is under mind control:

NIGHTWING #73
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by RONAN CLIQUET
    cover by TRAVIS MOORE
    variant cover by ALAN QUAH
    The Joker knows Dick Grayson is Nightwing—and the plans The Joker has set in motion in this summer’s event “Joker War” will haunt Batman forever. Under the control of The Joker’s new henchperson, Punchline, Nightwing must battle the people he once loved most: Batgirl, the Robins, and…himself.

So Dick isn't really Ric anymore, but that doesn't stop DC from doing nonsense with him.
    No MORE RICK NONSENSE? I would like that.. But the coronavirus will delay it..

Fortunately what he said about Maya is fake. I miss her but I donīt want to see her returning to die in the same saga that she appears
    Last edited by adrikito; 04-08-2020 at 01:04 AM.

Yeah, look how long that worked. Even if DC allows it for one book, you can be sure it'll fall under the table soon after.
    In the end the story opened up the possibility to turn Jason into a crazy murderer for a few years before DC decided to tone him down again and since then people have argued over who Jason really is and if he can be forgiven.
    That's not what Damian needs. I also doubt fans would be so forgiving if Damian tried to blow up Bruce and Dick or started decapitating criminals again. That's similar to where he started, not where he should go. I know enough people who already hated the prison arc and have since then stopped reading Teen Titans. No one I know is excited about the possibility of Damian going down this road even further.
    Ahahaha I am the opposite, I love prison arc. At first I doubt it, because if Damian's prison security is as weak as Arkham Asylum then there's no point to claim that he has better solution than Batman's. Then Terminus Agenda happened and as Deathstroke said, it's brilliant! So only villains who obey him and stay in prison will live, and the ones who rebel will get out and die. About brainwashing plan I also has no problem, especially because Damian doesn't release those prisoners to normal life and keep them under surveillance so in case they can broke free from Djinn's magic and go rogue he can take care of them.
    .....yeah my type is more like anti-hero than full nice hero (maybe I should change my handle name).

So if Damian will go down and abandon 'pure justice', I will still support him. But I hope he will not kill. Not that I have problem with hero who kill, I love Jason even the Morrison one, but he promised to do not kill anymore in honor of his father. And I see Damian as someone who value honor highly. Maybe he can be an anti-hero who torture villains? Broke them but still let them live? As Djinn's said, there's fate worse than death, and Damian always says that he know 400 ways to torture people or something.

But it's only my (edgy) opinion. I think most of his fans prefer him to go to the path of light and redemption, and for me it's nice too.
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 04-08-2020 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    No MORE RICK NONSENSE? I would like that.. But the coronavirus will delay it..
    Yes and no. The solicitations for Nightwing flip flop between using Ric and Dick and right now he has two sets of memories and doesn't know which one is fake (why doesn't he just google if Bruce Wayne got murdered...)
    In #72 he's supposed to search for Barbara to fix this problem, but on his way to her he will run into Punchline. The Joker got his hands on the crystal necklace thingie the Owls used to control Ric in the previous arc and he's going to give it to Punchline to make Dick attack his friends and family.

So I wouldn't say he isn't Ric anymore, but he has his memories back and wants to end this situation.
    Maybe Barbara will end the mind control by fixing his memory problem? Let's just hope he returns as Nightwing after this and DC doesn't put him back on the chopping block to make Bruce suffer during Joker War.

Ahahaha I am the opposite, I love prison arc. At first I doubt it, because if Damian's prison security is as weak as Arkham Asylum then there's no point to claim that he has better solution than Batman's. Then Terminus Agenda happened and as Deathstroke said, it's brilliant! So only villains who obey him and stay in prison will live, and the ones who rebel will get out and die. About brainwashing plan I also has no problem, especially because Damian doesn't release those prisoners to normal life and keep them under surveillance so in case they can broke free from Djinn's magic and go rogue he can take care of them.
    .....yeah my type is more like anti-hero than full nice hero (maybe I should change my handle name).

So if Damian will go down and abandon 'pure justice', I will still support him. But I hope he will not kill. Not that I have problem with hero who kill, I love Jason even the Morrison one, but he promised to do not kill anymore in honor of his father. And I see Damian as someone who value honor highly. Maybe he can be an anti-hero who torture villains? Broke them but still let them live? As Djinn's said, there's fate worse than death, and Damian always says that he know 400 ways to torture people or something.

But it's only my (edgy) opinion. I think most of his fans prefer him to go to the path of light and redemption, and for me it's nice too.
    I'm aware there are people on this board who like this kind of stuff and I'm not trying to tell you that you shouldn't.
    But the people I regularly talk to and from what I can tell a lot of people online? I haven't seen many who really love this direction, in fact I saw many people who strongly disliked it. A lot of fans are tired of DC playing with the idea of making Damian darker and feel like it destroys a lot of the character developement he went through over the years.

So even if not everyone would hate that direction, there are enough who would and I don't see how splitting Damian's fanbase would help the character.

Tim cleaned up Gotham and even managed to have periods of weeks when no crime happened all without killing.

Bruce has also had long periods of the same. The reason why crime doesn't go away completely in Gotham is because we need books to read.

Just like the reason why Bruce couldn't kill Joker in UTrH was already knew regardless of what bruce said in the story or what we saw in the story where Dick actually killed Joker for Tim and bruce brought him back.

There are something's that need to be status Quo but sometimes writers depending on the writer break that tradition.
    Damian can end crime in Gotham only for Bruce to intervene or shenanigans to happen to bring things back to status quo.

We saw Tim do it in Rebirth
    Last edited by dietrich; 04-08-2020 at 02:37 AM.

Damian isn't about to break from batman. If he does then they what book is he about to be in? Someone a while ago said that it was either Robin or death for Damian and i will have to say that I kind of agree.

DC isn't about to give Damian a solo title under some unknown name. it's either Robin in Tt or Robin under the supervision of Bruce those are the two options for Damian.

I'm not sure how much those saying that Damian should break away from Bruce have thought about it.
    #These aren't the day's when comics where big business and Dc had a handful of IP's
    these aren't the days when Dick Grayson broke away and went on to start what was to become DC's most profitable IP at a point.

Damian has had 1 solo and a team book cancelled despite good sales because reasons.

They denied Pat Gleason's multiple requests for a return to RSOB.
    They denied Kelly and Lanzing their pitch for a Damian book.

I don't think DC is willing to invest in a Robin title despite Dick, Tim and Damian proving that Robin's away from Team's and batman can work

Extraordinary Member

I also have a problem with "he breaks with Batman because his methods are ineffective" not because he doesn't have a point, but because we all know no matter what Damian does, he's not going to improve anything by choosing a different path. Crime isn't allowed to improve in Gotham and especially not because of something a character other than Bruce did. No matter what Damian does, he's going to fail and he's going to look bad while doing it.
    The problem I have with this is that this is Jason's stick.

I'm aware there are people on this board who like this kind of stuff and I'm not trying to tell you that you shouldn't.
    But the people I regularly talk to and from what I can tell a lot of people online? I haven't seen many who really love this direction, in fact I saw many people who strongly disliked it. A lot of fans are tired of DC playing with the idea of making Damian darker and feel like it destroys a lot of the character developement he went through over the years.

So even if not everyone would hate that direction, there are enough who would and I don't see how splitting Damian's fanbase would help the character.
    Yeah I understand. I also has a friend who know Damian from Supersons comic and horrified that Damian is...... darker than she thought. She refused to read current Teen Titans because of prison thing and when I tried to persuade her to read Terminus agenda because honestly for me that arc is amazing she just said 'what the heck he has a plan to kill all the prisoners! That's not Damian!'. But she loves RSOB and Batman & Robin. So I understand that most Damian's fans love to read his good potential, redemption and lighter side. And as much as I love to explore Damian's ruthless darker side, I also don't want him to lose his fanbase. Let's hope that my anti-hero imagination will not happen and DC let Damian develop toward goodness.